PDA

View Full Version : WTF? Forced removal to quarantine centers

jimnyc
05-07-2020, 02:01 PM
No way no how. This needs to be fought and stopped. You can't simply remove people from their homes. You may end up quarantining a home, but that's their right to remain together or have a plan to keep separation. And if someone locks the doors and disagrees? Will the local swat teams knock down doors to remove people? :rolleyes: Inch by inch by inch and then BAM you're tken away from your home.

--

It Begins. California Official Announces Program to Remove People with COVID-19 From Their Homes to Quarantine Centers

And here we thought Democrats were against internment camps?
Guess not.

Ventura County officials in California announced plans to remove infected residents with the Wuhan virus from their homes and place them in quarantine centers.

On Wednesday, Ventura County Health Director Robert Levin announced that the forcible quarantines are underway and will continue.

Robert Levin: Some of the people we find are going to have a hard time being isolated. If they live in a home where there is only one bathroom and there are three or four other people living there and those people don’t have covid infections we’re not going to be able to keep that person in that home. Every person who we’re isolating needs to have their own bathroom. So we’ll be moving people like this in to other kinds of housing that we have available.

As Victoria Taft pointed out Ventura County has 846,000 people and only 595 total cases since March.

This is insane.

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/05/begins-california-officials-announce-program-remove-people-covid-19-homes-quarantine-centers-video/

Abbey Marie
05-07-2020, 02:03 PM
Oh hell no

Kathianne
05-07-2020, 02:23 PM
The blue state government people seriously need to be reined in.

Abbey Marie
05-07-2020, 02:26 PM

They need to be quarantined.

Kathianne
05-07-2020, 02:27 PM
They need to be quarantined.
or jailed, if they don't apologize for being power mad!

Black Diamond
05-07-2020, 02:27 PM
or jailed, if they don't apologize for being power mad!

So.... Jailed.

Hot Dogger
05-07-2020, 03:44 PM
FEMA Camps are coming for us all. I've spoken truthfully and to the best of my ability about USAMRIID, they and the WHO have been weaponizing diseases for decades. COVID is a Globalist false flag to imprison and exterminate us. The Germans didn't believe the Nazis put Jews in death camps, despite Jews being rounded up right in front of their faces.

Abbey Marie
05-07-2020, 04:03 PM
This is THE story of the decade, IMO.

We should all be very afraid of what's happening there. And angry.

Russ
05-07-2020, 07:20 PM
Is it just me, or is it only Democrat politicians that think Nazi-ish moves like this are a valid thing to do?

By the way, shouldn't it require an Act of Congress, signed by the President and okayed by the Supreme Court, in order to do something so totalitarian and brutal?

FakeNewsSux
05-08-2020, 12:42 AM
As horrifying as this is (and btw, who says Californians are against internment camps? Ask their Japanese American citizens.) pure, unadulterated evil came from the desk of Gov. Cuomo. Requiring nursing homes to take COVID positive patients without any facilities, equipment or training to care for these people resulted in over 5,000 deaths in NYC nursing homes alone. That's more than any other state not named New Jersey.

The clown was also shocked that 66% of all dead COVID patients had sheltered at home and didn't use the subway. I guess that explains his continuing desire for a lockdown. Add this to his total failure to prepare by choosing a failed solar panel manufacturing investment over ventilators and you have a merchant of death as the most desired dark horse candidate for the highest office in the land. Who says that utter failure is not the top resume enhancer for the Democrat Party.

I see that someone has found some video of the young Andrew at his first summer job in High School:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh8mNjeuyV4

Abbey Marie
05-08-2020, 08:28 AM
Talk about a slippery slope. It will be much easier to get away with these kinds of things in the future, once the precedent has been set. Keep in mind that along with strong States’ Rights, comes the ability for any given State to push the envelope.

I hope that someone sues and brings this all the way to the USSC. I have no idea if such a suit is winnable, but we have to try. For one example, if there is a right to privacy underlying abortion rights (:rolleyes:), there should be also for ripping someone out of their home against their will, just for being sick.

hjmick
05-08-2020, 01:56 PM
He walked it back, saying he didn't communicate the situation clearly. I lived in Ventura County for 35+ years and found the statement to be out of character for the area...

Ventura County clarifies claims it would force people from homes into isolated coronavirus center (https://www.foxnews.com/us/california-ventura-county-coronavirus-forcibly-removed-homes-quarantine)

Hot Dogger
05-08-2020, 05:23 PM
Is it just me, or is it only Democrat politicians that think Nazi-ish moves like this are a valid thing to do?

By the way, shouldn't it require an Act of Congress, signed by the President and okayed by the Supreme Court, in order to do something so totalitarian and brutal?

So you're saying that totalitarian government may be legally achieved by democratic process?

Trump is NEVER to be trusted. Government is NEVER to be trusted. Prayed over, fine. Trusted, NEVER.

Abbey Marie
05-08-2020, 07:18 PM
He walked it back, saying he didn't communicate the situation clearly. I lived in Ventura County for 35+ years and found the statement to be out of character for the area...

Ventura County clarifies claims it would force people from homes into isolated coronavirus center (https://www.foxnews.com/us/california-ventura-county-coronavirus-forcibly-removed-homes-quarantine)

That’s good news. But I’m afraid it’s too late for me, now. My eyes are opened.

Russ
05-08-2020, 07:27 PM
So you're saying that totalitarian government may be legally achieved by democratic process?

Trump is NEVER to be trusted. Government is NEVER to be trusted. Prayed over, fine. Trusted, NEVER.

What? No, I’m not saying that. What I’m really saying is that it is unbelievably absurd that some penny-ante County Commisioner thought that on his own he could proclaim a ridiculous edict like this. I’d still be ballistic if Trump and his pal Pelosi conspired to pass a law like this.

I’m not sure what you mean by the reference to Trump being trusted. I trust Trump to generally do good things for the country but I don’t have blind trust in him.

I DO blindly trust that CNN, the DNC, Adam Schiff, The NY Times, and James Comey will always act like a bunch of a-holes until the day they are gone for the earth, but that’s about the only thing I blindly trust.

revelarts
05-08-2020, 08:57 PM
truly sorry folks... but I have do ask.

Why do you all hate the government so much?

:rolleyes:

Kathianne
05-08-2020, 09:08 PM

LOL! Most people, regardless of partisanship do not spend most of their time paying attention to politicians or political issues in general.

When put into positions where lives may actually be on the line, such as war or pandemics, most tend to wake up a bit. Since few are in positions to go off the grid on their own, they pay attention to recommendations that they judge to be in their own best interests. Shortly, with focus on the threat, information on what is going on, they start to make some decisions on their own. (See how people were 'sheltering long before 'orders' were given). When, inevitably, politicians start to power grab, they often find that people are still paying attention and reactions come forward.

LongTermGuy
05-08-2020, 09:08 PM

No term limits...and "many"...just lie with a straight face thinking no one would every check on them...
"Especially" ....Democrats who have this down to a science....Americans see it Daily...

Hope that helps rev...

Abbey Marie
05-09-2020, 09:48 AM

1. I don’t “hate the government”. I distrust factions of it.
2. Sarcasm noted. But you should be able to understand that when severe, unprecedented actions are taken, or threatened to be taken, people will have a strong reaction to it. Yes, even us ‘dummies’ who previously weren’t seeing threats at every turn. This turn of events is way out there. As you can see by the reactions and his denials.
3. For anyone to think they are somehow superior or all-knowing because they decided they “hate the government” before this happened is pretty silly, imo.

Kathianne
05-09-2020, 09:59 AM
2. Sarcasm noted. But you should be able to understand that when severe, unprecedented actions are taken, or threatened to be taken, people will have a strong reaction to it. Yes, even us ‘dummies’ who previously weren’t seeing threats at every turn. This turn of events is way out there. As you can see by the reactions and his denials.
3. For anyone to think they are somehow superior or all-knowing because they decided they “hate the government” before this happened is pretty silly, imo.

What I'm finding amusing is that sheriffs from many diverse parts of the country are acting upon their oaths and standing with the people against the power grabbers. Interesting times.

i.e., NYC has stores opening, with police stopping by, checking on measures taken and social distancing being followed and leaving. (Now we could look into the relations between NYPD and mayor, but it's not just there.)

CA, sheriffs in different parts of the state are not enforcing, indeed one announced he would not enforce the draconian measure Newsome wants.

TX, in Dallas, sheriff has said that what the city wants to do is going against the rights of the people and the power of the state. He won't enforce.

Abbey Marie
05-09-2020, 10:09 AM
What I'm finding amusing is that sheriffs from many diverse parts of the country are acting upon their oaths and standing with the people against the power grabbers. Interesting times.

i.e., NYC has stores opening, with police stopping by, checking on measures taken and social distancing being followed and leaving. (Now we could look into the relations between NYPD and mayor, but it's not just there.)

CA, sheriffs in different parts of the state are not enforcing, indeed one announced he would not enforce the draconian measure Newsome wants.

TX, in Dallas, sheriff has said that what the city wants to do is going against the rights of the people and the power of the state. He won't enforce.

We sure do live in interesting times.

revelarts
05-09-2020, 12:26 PM
Abbey, gonna have a bit of fun here, hope you don't mind.

Excuse me?
Sorry but No, that doesn't cut it. we all KNOW that deep down you deeply HATE the government. Clearly, since you've pointed out problems Abbey. And have questioned proper authority... in a time of emergency no less. :shock
Look, pointing out any real problems and questioning authority of government in good times or in times of DANGER simply shows your HATE.

So you may as well stop trying to cover it up by saying I "DISTRUST" "factions", pleeeease, translated that only really means you and some others here simply HATE the government.
At least to us patriotic Americans... who love America. And don't care about the silly things like the old rights when the government is doing it's best to save us.

So you even admit you Hate the government.
well at least you're honest there.

I don't know who you're referring too as thinking they are "superior or all-knowing" but if he hates the government, he should just LEAVE and go to... Sweden or Nebraska! if he hates it so much! Am I right?!!?
He hates the U.S. government AND thinks he's Superior too. What a horrible person!

Evmetro
05-09-2020, 12:32 PM

I am a STRONG Trump supporter, but I agree strongly with what you just posted. Excellent.

Abbey Marie
05-09-2020, 01:24 PM
Abbey, gonna have a bit of fun here, hope you don't mind.

Excuse me?
Sorry but No, that doesn't cut it. we all KNOW that deep down you deeply HATE the government. Clearly, since you've pointed out problems Abbey. And have questioned proper authority... in a time of emergency no less. :shock
Look, pointing out any real problems and questioning authority of government in good times or in times of DANGER simply shows your HATE.

So you may as well stop trying to cover it up by saying I "DISTRUST" "factions", pleeeease, translated that only really means you and some others here simply HATE the government.
At least to us patriotic Americans... who love America. And don't care about the silly things like the old rights when the government is doing it's best to save us.

So you even admit you Hate the government.
well at least you're honest there.

I don't know who you're referring too as thinking they are "superior or all-knowing" but if he hates the government, he should just LEAVE and go to... Sweden or Nebraska! if he hates it so much! Am I right?!!?
He hates the U.S. government AND thinks he's Superior too. What a horrible person!

Wow

Hot Dogger
05-09-2020, 02:03 PM
What? No, I’m not saying that. What I’m really saying is that it is unbelievably absurd that some penny-ante County Commisioner thought that on his own he could proclaim a ridiculous edict like this. I’d still be ballistic if Trump and his pal Pelosi conspired to pass a law like this.

I’m not sure what you mean by the reference to Trump being trusted. I trust Trump to generally do good things for the country but I don’t have blind trust in him.

I DO blindly trust that CNN, the DNC, Adam Schiff, The NY Times, and James Comey will always act like a bunch of a-holes until the day they are gone for the earth, but that’s about the only thing I blindly trust.

Thanks for the clarification. :cool:

revelarts
05-09-2020, 02:45 PM
wow
my thoughts exactly so many times here. After simply pointing out places where the the U.S. has failed, been in the wrong or can can improve. But getting responses like the one i gave you above.
responses Not usually from you Abbey but from a some regulars on the board.
It's kind of frustrating being told that real and specific criticism are really just "hate" of your country (or police or fill-in-the-blank-politician) isn't it?

Ok, 2 things.
1st, I've never considered anyone here "dumb". I have considered people to be OVERLY trusting and in denial of certain aspects of our country.
Not as bad as Drummond but in areas or "factions" of gov't some on the board have been as loyal as he is... and in fact denied the constitution in favor of trusting their party or political personality loyally to gain supposed "safety".
The list of unconstitutional things that have gone on BEFORE covid1984 in the name of safety from "terrorist" after 911 is long and is simply being ADDED TOO in various areas... "factions"

love of the constitution and bill of rights is NOT hate of the gov't... unless the gov't decides to infringe on those rights.
In my thinking, government wise, the Constitution IS the Framework of what America is and ASPIRES to be. So when "the government" or "factions" veers away from it, it's NOT even America anymore IMO.

2nd, there's nothing in the constituion that says it takes a day off because of so-called unprecedented circumstances.
That's the same excuse used to intern Japanese Americans during WW2 and nearly EVERY other infringement on constitutional rights.
Always with plea that it's to keep us safe and/or promises that it's temporary.

General Douglas MacArthur put it this way
“Our government has kept us in a perpetual state of fear -- kept us in a continuous stampede of patriotic fervor -- with the cry of grave national emergency... Always there has been some terrible evil to gobble us up if we did not blindly rally behind it by furnishing the exorbitant sums demanded. Yet, in retrospect, these disasters seem never to have happened, seem never to have been quite real.”

So Abbey I guess I've just been DISTRUSTING of SOME factions and SOME actions longer than some here.
that's it. And frankly am grateful that some here see some of the type of problems I've complained about for decades now.

Hot Dogger
05-09-2020, 04:09 PM
Ventura County is now saying the misspoke but that's a lie. We need to remain ever vigilant.

Abbey Marie
05-09-2020, 06:37 PM
Ventura County is now saying the misspoke but that's a lie. We need to remain ever vigilant.

I actually agree with that

Hot Dogger
05-09-2020, 07:11 PM

I don't hate the government, I simply don't trust the government, never.

Furthermore, I've no genuine need of government as it exists today.

SassyLady
05-10-2020, 04:21 AM
my thoughts exactly so many times here. After simply pointing out places where the the U.S. has failed, been in the wrong or can can improve. But getting responses like the one i gave you above.
responses Not usually from you Abbey but from a some regulars on the board.
It's kind of frustrating being told that real and specific criticism are really just "hate" of your country (or police or fill-in-the-blank-politician) isn't it?

Ok, 2 things.
1st, I've never considered anyone here "dumb". I have considered people to be OVERLY trusting and in denial of certain aspects of our country.
Not as bad as Drummond but in areas or "factions" of gov't some on the board have been as loyal as he is... and in fact denied the constitution in favor of trusting their party or political personality loyally to gain supposed "safety".
The list of unconstitutional things that have gone on BEFORE covid1984 in the name of safety from "terrorist" after 911 is long and is simply being ADDED TOO in various areas... "factions"

love of the constitution and bill of rights is NOT hate of the gov't... unless the gov't decides to infringe on those rights.
In my thinking, government wise, the Constitution IS the Framework of what America is and ASPIRES to be. So when "the government" or "factions" veers away from it, it's NOT even America anymore IMO.

2nd, there's nothing in the constituion that says it takes a day off because of so-called unprecedented circumstances.
That's the same excuse used to intern Japanese Americans during WW2 and nearly EVERY other infringement on constitutional rights.
Always with plea that it's to keep us safe and/or promises that it's temporary.

General Douglas MacArthur put it this way
“Our government has kept us in a perpetual state of fear -- kept us in a continuous stampede of patriotic fervor -- with the cry of grave national emergency... Always there has been some terrible evil to gobble us up if we did not blindly rally behind it by furnishing the exorbitant sums demanded. Yet, in retrospect, these disasters seem never to have happened, seem never to have been quite real.”

So Abbey I guess I've just been DISTRUSTING of SOME factions and SOME actions longer than some here.
that's it. And frankly am grateful that some here see some of the type of problems I've complained about for decades now.

Rev, I think people become more actively engaged when something affects them personally or they can see a direct link to their own freedoms. A nationwide lockdown gives rise to more opportunities for government officials to abuse their authority. Not just an isolated abuse of power here and there.

Maybe we are voicing our mistrust because we feel it moving toward our personal space, whereas you might have already experienced some of the abuse prior to this.

I have hated MSM since 1981 when my family ended up on front page news and saw the blatant bias used to sell the story. Corrections either never show up or are on last page in small print several weeks later (after lawsuit). Before that I never paid much attention to people who distrusted media.

STTAB
05-11-2020, 02:15 PM
Every single one of these morons will be reelected.

They know that their voter base is so stupid that they will never face any consequences for their actions.

Black Diamond
05-11-2020, 02:21 PM
Every single one of these morons will be reelected.

They know that their voter base is so stupid that they will never face any consequences for their actions.

Also most of the gubernatorial races are two years away. An eternity in politics