PDA

View Full Version : Arbitrary Covid Weirdness

Evmetro
05-09-2020, 08:58 AM
I see lots of weird shit imposed upon society in the name of coronavirus precaution. Stuff that is not going to make it less likely to touch or breathe suspected hazmat. Some stores have limited hours that create crowds of people during open hours, some stores arbitrarily secure one of the doors. The Wendy's drive through near my job told me they discontinued the combo that I usually order because of covid 19, and I had to walk the length of a football field to get passed a special steel fence coronavirus barrier in order to enter my local Walmart.

Anybody else noticing arbitrary weird stuff being done in the name of covid? I've read where people have been arrested for fishing or being in a park with a family member, but I am wondering what others here have seen personally.

Kathianne
05-09-2020, 09:40 AM
I see lots of weird shit imposed upon society in the name of coronavirus precaution. Stuff that is not going to make it less likely to touch or breathe suspected hazmat. Some stores have limited hours that create crowds of people during open hours, some stores arbitrarily secure one of the doors. The Wendy's drive through near my job told me they discontinued the combo that I usually order because of covid 19, and I had to walk the length of a football field to get passed a special steel fence coronavirus barrier in order to enter my local Walmart.

Anybody else noticing arbitrary weird stuff being done in the name of covid? I've read where people have been arrested for fishing or being in a park with a family member, but I am wondering what others here have seen personally.

Wow, you share a bit of the what you don't understand, you ridicule.

Evmetro
05-09-2020, 10:16 AM
Wow, you share a bit of the what you don't understand, you ridicule.

Dont just talk, SAY something!

Feel free to enlighten me if you are unable to provide an appropriate response to the opening post. I claim to have an ability to step away from my ideology or whatever positions I hold for long enough to objectively evaluate other ideas. Your response sounds a little bitter, but I am certainly open to debating whatever made you fight the opening post.

Kathianne
05-09-2020, 10:24 AM
Dont just talk, SAY something!

Feel free to enlighten me if you are unable to provide an appropriate response to the opening post. I claim to have an ability to step away from my ideology or whatever positions I hold for long enough to objectively evaluate other ideas. Your response sounds a little bitter, but I am certainly open to debating whatever made you fight the opening post.

For someone who presents themselves as being informed, you show little evidence of such. No, you definitely share some of the 'conspiracy mindset' of others.

How about you educate yourself on what has been done to try to keep the country as 'well as possible' and prevent hot spots through grocers and such?

When you manage that, perhaps there will be something to discuss.

Evmetro
05-09-2020, 11:07 AM
For someone who presents themselves as being informed, you show little evidence of such. No, you definitely share some of the 'conspiracy mindset' of others.

How about you educate yourself on what has been done to try to keep the country as 'well as possible' and prevent hot spots through grocers and such?

When you manage that, perhaps there will be something to discuss.

I would think that if you are presenting this notion that am not well informed, you should connect a few dots and spell out the logic that support this notion and how it is connected to the opening post.

I maintain that not all coronavirus precautions are altruistic and make sense, and I maintain my lighthearted invitation to list your personal observations of such chaos. The pandemic really is extremely political, which means there is much to be mocked. If you cannot have a little fun with this, I will have no choice but to categorize you and your responses as examples of arbitrary coronavirus weirdness.

Kathianne
05-09-2020, 11:14 AM
I would think that if you are presenting this notion that am not well informed, you should connect a few dots and spell out the logic that support this notion and how it is connected to the opening post.

I maintain that not all coronavirus precautions are altruistic and make sense, and I maintain my lighthearted invitation to list your personal observations of such chaos. The pandemic really is extremely political, which means there is much to be mocked. If you cannot have a little fun with this, I will have no choice but to categorize you and your responses as examples of arbitrary coronavirus weirdness.

In summary, you really have no information and think you are clever. Have fun with that.

jimnyc
05-09-2020, 11:17 AM
There are 2 Dunkin Donuts near me.

Folks are nervous about going to ANYWHERE without protection and limited participants nearby.

But Dunkin Donuts? Well now we're talking coffee!! So I kinda understand, but I love the coffee at home unless I'm on the road. At least folks all wearing protection, but crowds don't matter if it's coffee time!

jimnyc
05-09-2020, 11:18 AM
There are food shortages in many areas and trouble getting certain meats. Perhaps a type of beef can't be gotten in enough of an abundance to support as much as they need? Unsure, weird to choose only ONE meal.... but I can understand if it's, you know maybe Angus or some special meat different than the rest they serve.

Kathianne
05-09-2020, 11:24 AM
There are food shortages in many areas and trouble getting certain meats. Perhaps a type of beef can't be gotten in enough of an abundance to support as much as they need? Unsure, weird to choose only ONE meal.... but I can understand if it's, you know maybe Angus or some special meat different than the rest they serve.

It's the basics in meat that are in short supply, things like chops and bacon! Bacon! I think it may be more about hoarding than supply.

There are alternatives, but of course the media is playing up any shortages, thus contributing to hoarding.

Evmetro
05-09-2020, 11:40 AM
In summary, you really have no information and think you are clever. Have fun with that.

I really do enjoy debating and discussing things with everybody from any side of the aisle, but you are not spelling out you logic chain that shows how you have come to your conclusions about me. All I am able to identify from your posts is arbitrary and unfounded resentment toward me, which is something that I welcome. I invite you to substantiate your posts with some kind of logic chain, but I understand if you just want to hit me with "orange man bad" style resentment.

I actually requested information, both in what you just quoted, and in the opening post. It's really stupid to assert that I do not have the information in response to a request for the information. Because of the arbitrary ugly fight with me about things that really should be mocked, I am categorizing you as one of the weird things about coronavirus. People who take life too seriously, who perceive lighthearted mockery of anything related to coronavirus as evil conspiracy theory.

Kathianne
05-09-2020, 11:47 AM
I really do enjoy debating and discussing things with everybody from any side of the aisle, but you are not spelling out you logic chain that shows how you have come to your conclusions about me. All I am able to identify from your posts is arbitrary and unfounded resentment toward me, which is something that I welcome. I invite you to substantiate your posts with some kind of logic chain, but I understand if you just want to hit me with "orange man bad" style resentment.

I actually requested information, both in what you just quoted, and in the opening post. It's really stupid to assert that I do not have the information in response to a request for the information. Because of the arbitrary ugly fight with me about things that really should be mocked, I am categorizing you as one of the weird things about coronavirus. People who take life too seriously, who perceive lighthearted mockery of anything related to coronavirus as evil conspiracy theory.

Sorry, I like discussions/debates based upon information and ideas, not just statements with nothing to back them up. Certainly holds true on such statements that have been addressed heavily on the news and even here. IOW, information both should have.

It's not my job, nor interest to inform you after such declarations on topics you obviously know nothing about.

Evmetro
05-09-2020, 11:56 AM
Sorry, I like discussions/debates based upon information and ideas, not just statements with nothing to back them up. Certainly holds true on such statements that have been addressed heavily on the news and even here. IOW, information both should have.

It's not my job, nor interest to inform you after such declarations on topics you obviously know nothing about.

I forgive you for being a PC manifestation of the MSM overreaction to the coronavirus. Lots of weirdness exists in the coronavirus political landscape, and you are only one of many such things.

Evmetro
05-09-2020, 12:28 PM
Ten points to anybody on this board who can summarize what argument kathy is making in response to the opening post, and how it demonstrates that she did in fact read and understand it. Feel free to team up against the new guy if you think it helps clarify her argument. My feelings won't get hurt.

Kathianne
05-09-2020, 12:33 PM
Ten points to anybody on this board who can summarize what argument kathy is making in response to the opening post, and how it demonstrates that she did in fact read and understand it. Feel free to team up against the new guy if you think it helps clarify her argument. My feelings won't get hurt.

Thanks for the points.

OP-you:

Evmetro
05-09-2020, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the points.

OP-you:

Quoting the opening post and making certain parts bold with no explanation of why they are bold demonstrates that you did in fact read the opening post, but it does not get the ten points. You would have to clearly define what your argument is and the explain how it is connected to the opening post. You would also need to demonstrate that you did understand the opening post.

revelarts
05-09-2020, 12:47 PM

Yep I don't get some of the measures either.

some stuff doesn't seem to make sense.
" Some stores have limited hours that create crowds of people during open hours, "
Personally I think that is just to cut the hours of paid staff as their sales diminish.
seems to me the only way the new hours makes sense is if they are cleaning/disinfecting the store during closed hours. Which i doubt. My bet is on the stores saving cash.
But on the flip side of that that one though is one that does make sense. Where some stores are only open certain hours for people over 55 and with multiple health issues.
That's very cool.

"Wendy's drive through near my job told me they discontinued the combo"
Makes no sense to me at all. seems like overkill, even if has something to do with chille where germs could drift into it. But even those things are supposed to have lids. as well as be HOT.
Seems to me If one thing is at risk them nearly all is at risk. cold buns, cups, wrappers, tongs etc all in open in areas.
I'm not seeing the "safety" feature here of no "combo".

But yeah in general some people and companies have created some artbitrary rules just like the gov't has.
I suspect that most are well meaning but it doesn't mean they are helpful.

My wife insist that i lock the screen door to our back door. it's a screen door, a child could push their fingers though it to open it, but she feels "safer" if it's locked.
Reason is not at the top of the list when people's fears are in play.

Kathianne
05-09-2020, 01:40 PM
Yep I don't get some of the measures either.

some stuff doesn't seem to make sense.
" Some stores have limited hours that create crowds of people during open hours, "
Personally I think that is just to cut the hours of paid staff as their sales diminish.
seems to me the only way the new hours makes sense is if they are cleaning/disinfecting the store during closed hours. Which i doubt. My bet is on the stores saving cash.
But on the flip side of that that one though is one that does make sense. Where some stores are only open certain hours for people over 55 and with multiple health issues.
That's very cool.

"Wendy's drive through near my job told me they discontinued the combo"
Makes no sense to me at all. seems like overkill, even if has something to do with chille where germs could drift into it. But even those things are supposed to have lids. as well as be HOT.
Seems to me If one thing is at risk them nearly all is at risk. cold buns, cups, wrappers, tongs etc all in open in areas.
I'm not seeing the "safety" feature here of no "combo".

But yeah in general some people and companies have created some artbitrary rules just like the gov't has.
I suspect that most are well meaning but it doesn't mean they are helpful.

My wife insist that i lock the screen door to our back door. it's a screen door, a child could push their fingers though it to open it, but she feels "safer" if it's locked.
Reason is not at the top of the list when people's fears are in play.

I'll answer yours, as you know how to make clear the issues you want addressed.

I can't speak for any other stores, but Walmart has not cut employee hours, indeed can work more hours, including overtime if one so wishes. Instead of 24 hours, hours are now 7-8:30, an hour later than Kroger/Safeway openings, 1/2 earlier closing. Why? Cleaning, disinfecting, and some spreading the crowds. Still have the 3 shifts that were in place when 24 hours. People that were working at demos and other positions that are gone have been switched to spot cleaning during the day. Disinfecting displays, pinpads, etc.

Wendy's sounds like the OP got bad info from employee, it's been all over the news for a couple of days, Wendy's is not getting meat the way they did and in many of it's stores, they've had to 86 most popular items.

Hot Dogger
05-09-2020, 01:58 PM

The country is an open-air gulag, I've been saying it for a long time. This entire things relates to USAMRIID's closure last year and Congress' investigation into the weaponization of Lyme Disease. I know many of you don't want to believe this but it's the truth. We're either going to be mass murdered by the COVID Vaccine, nuked and invaded by Russia and China, civil war will break out, or all three. This is 666 Mark of the Beast stuff, people. World War III is in full swing so wake up.

What I've noticed is people's fear and naivete. Also, this fake nonsense that people are heroes simply for showing up to work. No, that's what you're supposed to do.

Abbey Marie
05-09-2020, 03:42 PM
I’ll bite.

My go-to hair salon has been authorized to open next week, but can only have customers who are essential workers.

Scratching my head over that one. Wouldn’t they be more likely than the rest of us to have the virus?

Of course, I think they should just stay closed.

Black Diamond
05-09-2020, 03:47 PM
I’ll bite.

My go-to hair salon has been authorized to open next week, but can only have customers who are essential workers.

Scratching my head over that one. Wouldn’t they be more likely than the rest of us to have the virus?

Of course, I think they should stay closed.

Not done with the 14 days?

Kathianne
05-09-2020, 03:52 PM
I’ll bite.

Of course, I think they should stay closed.

I think we're past the point of anyone telling a business to open or close, at least for the time being. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but it's moved to the point that there will be resistance at minimum.

What doesn't make sense though, are caveats like the above. Not enough to keep the place profitable. In fact, with all the talk of opening, it seems most folks are like us and are like, 'whatever. I'm not venturing out, let me see how it works out for the rest of you!'

That's pretty much my mindset.

Russ
05-09-2020, 03:58 PM

I really love the level-headedness of this post, Ev. Nice 👍

Kathianne
05-09-2020, 04:22 PM
I’ll bite.

Of course, I think they should stay closed. Abbey, I'm not so sure that this isn't in store:

https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/95477919_693623031204266_5647956451793043456_n.jpg ?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=a9eacMWUSnMAX--8jXv&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-2.xx&oh=46149a8aa16cd2f956a88057f444f124&oe=5EDE6F97

Black Diamond
05-09-2020, 05:28 PM
Abbey, I'm not so sure that this isn't in store:

https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/95477919_693623031204266_5647956451793043456_n.jpg ?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=a9eacMWUSnMAX--8jXv&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-2.xx&oh=46149a8aa16cd2f956a88057f444f124&oe=5EDE6F97

I'm wondering.

Should we all pray for a hot summer??

Evmetro
05-09-2020, 05:28 PM
The country is an open-air gulag, I've been saying it for a long time. This entire things relates to USAMRIID's closure last year and Congress' investigation into the weaponization of Lyme Disease. I know many of you don't want to believe this but it's the truth. We're either going to be mass murdered by the COVID Vaccine, nuked and invaded by Russia and China, civil war will break out, or all three. This is 666 Mark of the Beast stuff, people. World War III is in full swing so wake up.

What I've noticed is people's fear and naivete. Also, this fake nonsense that people are heroes simply for showing up to work. No, that's what you're supposed to do.

There is stuff that I want to believe, and there is stuff that I do not want to believe. I sort through it all in my search for the truth, and then I only believe what I can vet using the internet. Some of the stuff you post sounds kinda far out, but i dont really dismiss things just because I can't vet them. I have done enough research to see that something significant did happen at ft detrick, but I cannot find the truth to read with my own eyes. I am very open to the things that you have said about it on this site, and because it is so difficult for me to research, I will remain open. I hope you continue to post the kind of stuff that you do, even if it sounds like far out stuff. I'm all ears.

Kathianne
05-09-2020, 05:31 PM
I'm wondering.

Should we all pray for a hot summer??

I've already got that here. :) Still have cases going on along with deaths. Not NYC, but not lots of change either. From what I've seen thus far, seems temps would have to go way higher for that to kill it, but that would kill people first. :( Now it does seem the Vitamin D is helpful in preventing acquiring the little suckers, so there's that.

Abbey Marie
05-09-2020, 05:52 PM
I've already got that here. :) Still have cases going on along with deaths. Not NYC, but not lots of change either. From what I've seen thus far, seems temps would have to go way higher for that to kill it, but that would kill people first. :( Now it does seem the Vitamin D is helpful in preventing acquiring the little suckers, so there's that.

Well, that’s disappointing. Perhaps it needs humidity, too?

Drummond
05-09-2020, 05:57 PM
I see Evmetro getting some tough challenging here. Allow me to come to his rescue, since as he's nearer to your stance(s) than I am, you can target me, instead.

Evmetro refers to, I quote, 'weird shit' done in the name of Covid-19 protection measures.

I suggest that 'weird shit' can be called something else. Me, I'd peskily call it 'lifesaving measures'. Others, in reaction, will feel like calling that 'tyranny'.

One man's freedom is another's death sentence. Sad, unjust, but .. true, all the same. Such is today's reality.

Crowd control. Seems to me to be eminently sensible, to maintain distancing rules. Stores exercising control over the numbers of people in their stores at any one time. Long queues may form because of it, but what's the harm, IF all those in a queue maintain proper distance ?

In the example of stores having limited opening hours, seems to me that this has two distinct advantages. One, it means that queues won't be around for as long. Two ... do those stores have a need to conserve their supplies ?

Here in the UK, differing hours apply to differing groups of people. A couple of supermarkets will only allow entry into their stores of NHS staff in one specific hour. Then again, another specific hour is set aside only for the elderly.

'Tyranny', or just good humanitarian sense ? Or maybe, it's just 'weird shit' ? Depends on how you choose to see it.

Abbey Marie
05-09-2020, 06:03 PM
I think we're past the point of anyone telling a business to open or close, at least for the time being. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but it's moved to the point that there will be resistance at minimum.

What doesn't make sense though, are caveats like the above. Not enough to keep the place profitable. In fact, with all the talk of opening, it seems most folks are like us and are like, 'whatever. I'm not venturing out, let me see how it works out for the rest of you!'

That's pretty much my mindset.

I agree. People are feeling pretty rebellious now.

My strong belief is if this virus hit all demographics fairly evenly, not primarily the elderly and compromised, folks wouldn’t be so quick to open everything up just now.

As I’ve been saying, it’s a lack of compassion, if not just outright selfishness, to want to risk others’ lives so they can do what they want when they want. I do not apply that to those who have a dying small business, or for some other reason can’t collect unemployment, and desperately need to work to survive.

Kathianne
05-09-2020, 06:06 PM

My strong belief is if this virus hit all demographics fairly evenly, not primarily the elderly and compromised, folks wouldn’t be so quick to open everything up just now.

As I’ve been saying, it’s a lack of compassion, if not just outright selfishness, to want to risk others’ lives so they can do what they want when they want. I do not apply that to those who have a dying small business, or for some other reason can’t collect unemployment, and desperately need to work to survive.

And to some it’s totally reactionary to heavy handed governance.

Evmetro
05-09-2020, 06:10 PM
I'll answer yours, as you know how to make clear the issues you want addressed.

I can't speak for any other stores, but Walmart has not cut employee hours, indeed can work more hours, including overtime if one so wishes. Instead of 24 hours, hours are now 7-8:30, an hour later than Kroger/Safeway openings, 1/2 earlier closing. Why? Cleaning, disinfecting, and some spreading the crowds. Still have the 3 shifts that were in place when 24 hours. People that were working at demos and other positions that are gone have been switched to spot cleaning during the day. Disinfecting displays, pinpads, etc.

Wendy's sounds like the OP got bad info from employee, it's been all over the news for a couple of days, Wendy's is not getting meat the way they did and in many of it's stores, they've had to 86 most popular items.

In regard to the bold portion of the opening post that I quoted below, I am a little shocked that you have not seen any weird behavior done in the name of coronavirus precaution. The coronavirus thing is one of the most political things in the history of our country, which means there is an incredible amount of corruption and weird shit connected to it. It feels like your resentment toward me for mocking the nature of this political beast is meant to protect it the way lefties do. I'm just sensing this vibe from you, but I do not know your true stance. Are you a lefty?

Kathianne
05-09-2020, 06:20 PM
In regard to the bold portion of the opening post that I quoted below, I am a little shocked that you have not seen any weird behavior done in the name of coronavirus precaution. The coronavirus thing is one of the most political things in the history of our country, which means there is an incredible amount of corruption and weird shit connected to it. It feels like your resentment toward me for mocking the nature of this political beast is meant to protect it the way lefties do. I'm just sending this vibe from you, but I do not know your true stance. Are you a lefty?
I’ve seen lots of things that are off, just not the ones you mentioned, as there’s logic behind those. I’m more concerned about those for power only.

Evmetro
05-09-2020, 06:53 PM
I’ve seen lots of things that are off, just not the ones you mentioned, as there’s logic behind those. I’m more concerned about those for power only.

I think I can relate to this position of only being concerned about the power plays, assuming that by power, you also mean politics. I can see where a person with a certain upbringing or socialization could simply want to steer clear of discussing petty weirdness of this political beast without actually being a commie. The petty weirdness that this thread is about isn't exactly the meat and potatoes of this political monster, just some of the side effects. This monster can suck righties in if they are not careful, so beware. This beast is very strong preys on righties who are passive, compassionate, seniors, or not in touch with just how ugly the political civil war is right now.

revelarts
05-09-2020, 07:29 PM
setting aside the constitutional issues and the negative assumptions.

I have to say I'm not sure how people can insist that everyone stay home... just on a financial basis.
Maybe i'm in the wrong world But i didn't know that "most" people had the ability to stay home for months on end without working.
Or that many big business will (are) paying employees to stay home.
That's not to say that everyone is living month to month like i have for the past 5 years, but how many months do you think people most should be able to stay home from work and/or collect unemployment? Should everyone just get welfare?

2 months? 3, 4, a year?
at what point will you feel safe and think people aren't being selfish?

Black Diamond
05-09-2020, 07:35 PM

I have to say I'm not sure how people can insist that everyone stay home... just on a financial basis.
Maybe i'm in the wrong world But i didn't know that "most" people had the ability to stay home for months on end without working.
That's not to say that everyone is living month to month like i have for the past 5 years, but how many months do you think people most should be able to stay home from work and/or collect unemployment? Should everyone just get welfare?

2 months? 3, 4, a year?

"stimulus" checks and unemployment are the only other options.

Abbey Marie
05-09-2020, 07:44 PM

2 months? 3, 4, a year?

Did you not read my exceptions? Or are you just determined to come at me?

revelarts
05-09-2020, 07:59 PM
Did you not read my exceptions? Or are you just determined to come at me?
no.
you just seem upset at those that don't want to stay home and seem to assume that most folks ..other than the 2 exceptions you made... stay home for months on end or indefinitely. But I'd guesstimate that 75%+ plus of people need to work to keep the things they have and eat.
And I also asked the extra question of how long it should be before you think it's "unselfish" to go out.
You said that people are selfish if they want to leave home so, it's just an honest question.

Evmetro
05-10-2020, 09:48 AM
More covid weirdness. The local park that has had very little traffic over the last few years is now packed with people who are unemployed or want to get out of the house. The lockdown culture has made this park a hotspot where people gather, but here is where I see the arbitrary covid weirdness; the gates to the parking lot are chained up. The government has created this great hotspot of social gathering, but then chained off the parking area. Blocking off the parking lot of the government created social gathering hot spot is the kind of chaos that I call arbitrary covid weirdness. People are making u turns in the road where there is heavy bicycle and pedestrian traffic, so I won't be surprised when somebody gets hurt...

jimnyc
05-10-2020, 09:50 AM
Oddly, I found myself "running" this morning for no reason at all, and apparently wasn't even aware of it. Kinda like Forrest Gump I guess, and just the need to run? Not sure. Either way, definite weirdness!!

Evmetro
05-10-2020, 10:04 AM
Oddly, I found myself "running" this morning for no reason at all, and apparently wasn't even aware of it. Kinda like Forrest Gump I guess, and just the need to run? Not sure. Either way, definite weirdness!!

Lol, dats some weird stuff...

jimnyc
05-10-2020, 10:10 AM
Lol, dats some weird stuff...

I thought so!! I didn't even know I was running until someone else told me!! Weird shit happens when you are in liberal land.

Evmetro
05-10-2020, 10:13 AM
Went to Target yesterday to pick up some mother's day cards. There were a couple target employees managing a single file line to check out. They would direct whoever was at the front of the line into the various check outs. The single file line was a massive crowd of people that stretched from the check outs all the way through the middle of the store, back to the electronics section. I have never seen this kind of crowd checking out of target, not even during Christmas shopping. The line moved remarkably quickly, but it was also remarkably weird covid chaos.

Gunny
05-10-2020, 10:18 AM
Yeah, I didn't know it wasn't already summer. Mind you it's not July-August yet ... :)

jimnyc
05-10-2020, 10:22 AM
Went to Target yesterday to pick up some mother's day cards. There were a couple target employees managing a single file line to check out. They would direct whoever was at the front of the line into the various check outs. The single file line was a massive crowd of people that stretched from the check outs all the way through the middle of the store, back to the electronics section. I have never seen this kind of crowd checking out of target, not even during Christmas shopping. The line moved remarkably quickly, but it was also remarkably weird covid chaos.

Hey, I was at Target the other day myself! Had no choice. But got the 2 things I needed, mask on, jetted for the self checkout, 6 feet apart, and then a kind woman directed the 6 registers as they opened. Oddly, I have noticed a disturbing trend. The places that are open, and the folks visiting them? *gulp* they seem to be respecting one another and aware of others and all that is going on.

Evmetro
05-10-2020, 10:52 AM
Hey, I was at Target the other day myself! Had no choice. But got the 2 things I needed, mask on, jetted for the self checkout, 6 feet apart, and then a kind woman directed the 6 registers as they opened. Oddly, I have noticed a disturbing trend. The places that are open, and the folks visiting them? *gulp* they seem to be respecting one another and aware of others and all that is going on.

I've seen social distancing respect at my local Safeway, but the target crowd was not playing along. Perhaps the huge crowd size interfered with expectations, and maybe social distancing begins to be observed again when the line shrinks to something more realistic.

After having traveled the world during my military service, I have come to associate lines with civilization. In many less civilized parts of the world, people crowd, shout, and push, and in more civilized parts people are able to maintain an orderly line. I've also seen how lines get when there is a bottleneck such as an inefficient system of processing the people.

Abbey Marie
05-10-2020, 11:54 AM
I've seen social distancing respect at my local Safeway, but the target crowd was not playing along. Perhaps the huge crowd size interfered with expectations, and maybe social distancing begins to be observed again when the line shrinks to something more realistic.

After having traveled the world during my military service, I have come to associate lines with civilization. In many less civilized parts of the world, people crowd, shout, and push, and in more civilized parts people are able to maintain an orderly line. I've also seen how lines get when there is a bottleneck such as an inefficient system of processing the people.

I don’t know if this is related, but the women in a local “Moms” group I’m in (consisting of about 4,000 mostly 30-somethings), pretty much worship Target. They cannot get enough of it. When the store renovated, they went bonkers.

Abbey Marie
05-10-2020, 01:42 PM
I think this counts as kind of weird:

Black Diamond
05-10-2020, 01:44 PM
I think this counts as kind of weird:

And such things fuel the conspiracy theories.

Abbey Marie
05-10-2020, 03:30 PM
I suppose they do

Black Diamond
05-10-2020, 03:32 PM
I suppose they do

There is a lot of anger and paranoia out there.

Abbey Marie
05-10-2020, 03:35 PM
There is a lot of anger and paranoia out there.

Yup, and rebelliousness. Human nature on parade in all its glory.

Kathianne
05-10-2020, 03:53 PM
I don’t know if this is related, but the women in a local “Moms” group I’m in (consisting of about 4,000 mostly 30-somethings), pretty much worship Target. They cannot get enough of it. When the store renovated, they went bonkers.
I may be the one weirdo in the whole country, I don't like Target, never have. Overpriced and not great quality.

SassyLady
05-10-2020, 05:52 PM
I may be the one weirdo in the whole country, I don't like Target, never have. Overpriced and not great quality.
I never shop there.

Kathianne
05-10-2020, 07:05 PM
Some will get this, others won't:

https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/96151885_3164812440218154_9215644647659929600_o.jp g?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=QKYP_-Ot1ZMAX-UPIiC&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-2.xx&oh=9ee1e640f14db971986050f488dd2db6&oe=5EDCAEFE

Kathianne
05-10-2020, 07:06 PM
Related:

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/94392721_854113874997495_6344916432890888192_n.jpg ?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=zXbWgm4Q_AQAX-xr_lv&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=431baf18f269c3e6c602f3cf67eae910&oe=5EDFC01F

Evmetro
05-10-2020, 08:09 PM
Related:

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/94392721_854113874997495_6344916432890888192_n.jpg ?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=zXbWgm4Q_AQAX-xr_lv&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=431baf18f269c3e6c602f3cf67eae910&oe=5EDFC01F
Spot on, as long as they don't collect welfare as compensation for their fear.

Kathianne
05-10-2020, 08:20 PM
That would be the fault of the politicians, not those using what is there. Loop holes need to be closed.

Abbey Marie
05-10-2020, 08:39 PM

Nope, me too. I almost never go there. It’s like a red hell to me, lol.

Black Diamond
05-10-2020, 08:47 PM
Nope, me too. I almost never go there. It’s like a red hell to me, lol.

I've always thought of hell as being red.

Evmetro
05-10-2020, 08:53 PM
Target has never been my favorite store, but I enjoy the 64 cents per share every quarter on my $60 per share purchase. I doubt my loyalty to TGT will ever equal an entire cent of value in my shares or dividends, but I still feel a bit loyal to where I invest.

Kathianne
05-11-2020, 01:58 AM
In the US, people are not flying, planes are less than 15% full domestically, less for international flights. Business class is basically non-existant. Yet there are some in Europe going mad about the possibility of US 'infecting' them.

London is just about 200 miles from Antwerp, about 60 miles closer than the train ride from NYC to Washington DC. What is Belgium doing and UK considering?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/10/belgium-experiments-with-corona-bubbles-to-ease-social-restrictions

Belgium experiments with 'corona bubbles' to ease social restrictions
UK government also looking at scheme, but experts question whether it will work

It’s been called the four-person puzzle. If you could only have the same four family members or friends to dinner for a few weeks of coronavirus lockdown, who would you choose? That is the dilemma the Belgian government has handed its citizens as it moves to the next phase in easing restrictions on everyday life.

From Sunday, every household in Belgium can invite up to four guests to their home. Two sets of four people make a “corona bubble”, who can visit each other’s homes. No one else is allowed into the domestic social circle. The concept, also being discussed by the British government, opens up the biggest social minefield of the coronavirus lockdown.

Belgium’s prime minister, Sophie Wilmès, announced the plan last week, after being accused of prioritising the economy over people’s wishes to be reunited with friends and family. Allowing social bubbles to start on Sunday, Mother’s Day in Belgium and much of continental Europe, is no accident.

“The physical separation from those whom we love has in some cases become unbearable,” Wilmès said, but visitors are told not to hug or exchange the typical three-kiss greeting. The government expects guests to stay 1.5 metres apart and suggests people meet in gardens or on terraces where possible. Authorities say it impossible to police the policy, so they are relying on people’s sense of civic duty.

Belgians, especially large families or those where one or both parents have remarried, are already contemplating their choices. “It’s terribly complicated. I understand the spirit, but the letter [of the law] is completely impossible,” said Anne, a 45-year old finance director, who preferred not to give her surname.

She lives in Brussels with her husband and two teenage daughters. “Do we elect a full family of four of whom they are our sole contact and we are their sole contact? That means I can’t allow any of my kids’ friends to visit them.”

Her priority is to see her teenage son, who lives with his father and has asthma, meaning he has been isolated from the rest of the family. But she doesn’t want to cut her two daughters off from their friends. “I don’t intend to keep a flipchart of who is seeing who,” she said. “I think it is more important to get into the spirit of it than the letter.”

There has been a lot of confusion about the letter of the policy. “The problem is that the way the idea was communicated was not very clear from the start,” said Karen Phalet, a professor in psychology at the Catholic University of Leuven. Many people did not realise that all four guests were meant to come from the same household.

Epidemiologists advising the government chose the number four because it matches current capacity to do contact tracing if someone falls ill. Pairing two households also reduces the risk-multiplier effect that would come from allowing more varied mixing, but epidemiological models do not square with how people socialise in real life.

“If one family can have contacts with one family for Mother’s Day, we have to make a choice, either the mother or the mother-in-law,” Phalet said. “It’s a hard choice for some families. Is it children’s friends? Is it parents or is it grandparents who have the priority?”

She says the idea to connect just two households is not the way people normally socialise, and that raises questions about whether the policy can work: “If the distance between what people normally do and the restriction is too large I think it’s a bit risky.”

From the same article, two graphics you should take a look at, as Belgium's 'death rate' is much, much higher than US, even INCLUDING NYC, NJ, and a bit of CT:

Belgium: number of coronavirus deaths per day

Starting from day of first reported death
AprMay020040075

Data from Johns Hopkins University at 06:02 UTC 10 May 2020

(I know! Johns Hopkins University, USA) Who'd have thunk?

and 'Europe's Lockdowns Eases, What Changes May 11?' (You should note just how many have been 'easing' for much longer than US!)

I know how scientific and enlightened Europe is, but some of these things seem pure folly! Perhaps US should make much more of a big deal out of any European travel to US?

Hot Dogger
05-11-2020, 02:41 AM
This YouTuber exposes more "plandemic" propaganda from NBC's Deep State MSM.
That's clearly a training mannequin staged to look like a ventilator patient:

https://youtu.be/CRK2RdznIjo

Drummond
05-11-2020, 06:41 AM

... and, spot on, so long as everyone you might ever meet has, somehow, has managed to become miraculously immune to the virus you may be carrying.

Evmetro
05-11-2020, 07:47 AM
... and, spot on, so long as everyone you might ever meet has, somehow, has managed to become miraculously immune to the virus you may be carrying.

If you backtrack the context of what you quoted of me, you will see that you are going against big government. Dont you love big government? I think the original context of the discussion can apply to your government just as easily as it applies to mine.

Can you demonstrate that you do understand the full context of what you quoted of me?

Drummond
05-11-2020, 07:59 AM
If you backtrack the context of what you quoted of me, you will see that you are going against big government. Dont you love big government? I think the original context of the discussion can apply to your government just as easily as it applies to mine.

I've never been a fan of big Government. I've posted this in the past.

Two comments on that:

One, my objection to big Government evaporates, IF the Government in question is transparent and properly accountable to the people it's set up to serve.

Two, I'm not in favour of just rebelling against a Government for no other good reason than that it exists, therefore, is 'fair game'.

Big Governments can be very bad news, if they chip away at the welfare of the people they're there to serve, or if they get too control-freaky, as can be expected of a Socialist version of one. But that's not to say that this must inevitably be the case. My own Government, currently, under Boris Johnson, is passionately committed to doing its absolute best for us all.

It is, of course, a Conservative Government, doing a grand job of representing Conservative values.

jimnyc
05-11-2020, 08:23 AM
In the US, people are not flying, planes are less than 15% full domestically, less for international flights. Business class is basically non-existant. Yet there are some in Europe going mad about the possibility of US 'infecting' them.

Perhaps they should re-target their anger towards their own govt. and irresponsibility and criminal actions of not planning on preventing any sickness reaching other countries. It's irresponsible and illogical and perhaps downright criminal to open up as such and just let people potentially leave the country. Disgusting that it's even a thought and I read of no plans. Aware of the potential obviously as they will quarantine incoming. But just allow potentially sick to maybe come here? Criminal I tell you!! Shut the borders, UK, no one at all should be leaving, none.

Kathianne
05-11-2020, 08:27 AM
Perhaps they should re-target their anger towards their own govt. and irresponsibility and criminal actions of not planning on preventing any sickness reaching other countries. It's irresponsible and illogical and perhaps downright criminal to open up as such and just let people potentially leave the country. Disgusting that it's even a thought and I read of no plans. Aware of the potential obviously as they will quarantine incoming. But just allow potentially sick to maybe come here? Criminal I tell you!! Shut the borders, UK, no one at all should be leaving, none.
Well just until the government tells them to.

jimnyc
05-11-2020, 08:38 AM
Well just until the government tells them to.

By science too of course. While ours make decisions based on a Ouija board!!

And of course with all due care and humanity, while we couldn't give a shit about others. I know I don't. I drive fast and take chances. No mask and lick things. Then lick people like Andy Dick does. Hope that's not illegal now! :)

Kathianne
05-11-2020, 08:43 AM
By science too of course. While ours make decisions based on a Ouija board!!

And of course with all due care and humanity, while we couldn't give a shit about others. I know I don't. I drive fast and take chances. No mask and lick things. Then lick people like Andy Dick does. Hope that's not illegal now! :)
:laugh:

Evmetro
05-11-2020, 09:10 AM
I've never been a fan of big Government. I've posted this in the past.

Two comments on that:

One, my objection to big Government evaporates, IF the Government in question is transparent and properly accountable to the people it's set up to serve.

Two, I'm not in favour of just rebelling against a Government for no other good reason than that it exists, therefore, is 'fair game'.

Big Governments can be very bad news, if they chip away at the welfare of the people they're there to serve, or if they get too control-freaky, as can be expected of a Socialist version of one. But that's not to say that this must inevitably be the case. My own Government, currently, under Boris Johnson, is passionately committed to doing its absolute best for us all.

It is, of course, a Conservative Government, doing a grand job of representing Conservative values.
Then why did you edit out the rest of my post that you quoted? Was there something about the part you deleted that was a problem?

Drummond
05-11-2020, 10:37 AM
Then why did you edit out the rest of my post that you quoted? Was there something about the part you deleted that was a problem?

I'm under no obligation to you, or to anyone, to give a full accounting as to why I post as I do. I make up my own mind as to what I want to answer.

Since you ask, though, I'll give you an answer (one I wouldn't normally have volunteered). Simply: I regarded the text I removed as being unnecessarily patronising.

Happy ?

Had you not asked, I'd not have told you that. Still, you did .. and, so .........

Abbey Marie
05-11-2020, 10:39 AM
...Authorities say it will be impossible to police the policy, so they are relying on people’s sense of civic duty.

And the oh-so predictable response to the hard decisions of who to invite/how closely to actually follow that rule: ”I think it is more important to get into the spirit of it than the letter”

:laugh: Good luck with that sense of civic duty, Belgium.

Kathianne
05-11-2020, 11:30 AM
[/B]
And the oh-so predictable response to the hard decisions of who to invite/how closely to actually follow that rule: ”I think it is more important to get into the spirit of it than the letter”
[/FONT][/COLOR]

:laugh: Good luck with that sense of civic duty, Belgium.
Notice who isn’t noticing?😛

STTAB
05-11-2020, 11:48 AM

This may be one of the most ignorant posts I've ever seen on this board.

1. Some stores are limiting hours so that they may have time to clean, sanitize and restock without customers being in the building.
2. The reason some stores are "arbitrarily" locking securing all but one door is that they are monitoring the well being and number of customers coming in and out of the store and that is not only much easier to do when there is only one entrance, it is also less expensive for them since they are you know paying 2 or 3 people to stand at the door and count and make sure no one who is obviously sick comes in the door.
3. I have a buddy who own 10 McDonald's restaraunts. They have paired down their menus during this for a couple reasons.
1. Less demand for those products making them simply unprofitable at this time
2. Supply chain issues have led to a shortage of some products

These issues aren't simply McDonalds issues.

As for your steel barrier the size of a football field at WM, that's new to me.

Abbey Marie
05-11-2020, 01:24 PM
So, STTAB, you know I like you, right?
You could have given all of those same answers, minus the “most ignorant” comment. I’m sure you will disagree, but I had to mention it. Even though I doubt Evmetro will care.
I think your answers were logical, but this thread is interesting to me, and lighthearted, and I don’t think it’s ignorant. And I am a ‘stay-at-home to be safe’ believer.

Am I crazy for thinking this way?

STTAB
05-11-2020, 01:28 PM
You could have given all of those same answers, minus the “most ignorant” comment. I’m sure you will disagree, but I had to mention it. Even though I doubt Evmetro will care.
I think your answers were logical, but this thread is interesting to me, and lighthearted, and I don’t think it’s ignorant. And I am a ‘stay-at-home to be safe’ believer.

No , you're not crazy for thinking that way. I merely dislike ignorant comments and am not very tactful about it sometimes, okay all the time LOL

Kathianne
05-11-2020, 01:33 PM

I get what you’ve saying, though I get Sttabs point too.

Times are hard enough without someone exaggerating “the football sized” whatever. Metal tube fencing to bring people into one door and out another. It’s hard, they need help. Then there’s the counting of people in and out.

As i I told him, the store is still running 24 hours. Can’t pressure wash floors or mats with disinfectant with customers there. Also responded at the time Wendy’s was in news for days, not able to get the meat.

STTAB
05-11-2020, 01:44 PM
I get what you’ve saying, though I get Sttabs point too.

Times are hard enough without someone exaggerating “the football sized” whatever. Metal tube fencing to bring people into one door and out another. It’s hard, they need help. Then there’s the counting of people in and out.

As i I told him, the store is still running 24 hours. Can’t pressure wash floors or mats with disinfectant with customers there. Also responded at the time Wendy’s was in news for days, not able to get the meat.

Plus , you gotta remember two things.

1. These places have to protect not only their customers, but also their employees

and

2. There are obviously people out there just looking for a chance to sue someone who has big pockets if they make even the slightest error in dealing with this, hell even if they didn't do anything wrong. This is the main reason we just closed our restaurant completely. I don't need some moron getting a takeout salad on Monday , catching the corona on Friday and trying to say my restaurant caused it.

Abbey Marie
05-11-2020, 02:08 PM
Again, I was talking delivery, not content.

TTYL

STTAB
05-11-2020, 02:10 PM
Again, I was talking delivery, not content.

TTYL

I know you're politely trying to say I'm a jerk, but you may as well tell the ocean it is wet LOL

Hot Dogger
05-11-2020, 02:31 PM
Is this pastor lying? Or are we being lied to?

This definitely qualifies as "COVID weirdness".

https://youtu.be/kTd1R72Maaw

Evmetro
05-12-2020, 12:52 AM

Lol, I'm glad somebody on this board has begun to understand me. You are very correct that I do not care about derogatory comments like that. I welcome that kind of spirited debate, and when I read his comments I immediately understood that he was passionate about what he was posting. I realize that not everybody appreciates blunt honesty like I do in regard to his "ignorant" comments toward me, but I am delighted to have a political board where people can speak what's really on their mind.

Evmetro
05-12-2020, 01:21 AM
This may be one of the most ignorant posts I've ever seen on this board.

Thank you for your comments. The thread was not intended to be so much about the few random items that I listed, so much as the ones that I invited other members to post. It is what it is though, so thanks for commenting

1. Some stores are limiting hours so that they may have time to clean, sanitize and restock without customers being in the building.

Arbitrary weirdness. I am not aware of any evidence that proves that doing this kind of shit while customers are not in a building is doing any good. Stores have been doing restocking and janitorial work before, during and after business hours for generations.

2. The reason some stores are "arbitrarily" locking securing all but one door is that they are monitoring the well being and number of customers coming in and out of the store and that is not only much easier to do when there is only one entrance, it is also less expensive for them since they are you know paying 2 or 3 people to stand at the door and count and make sure no one who is obviously sick comes in the door.

Monitoring the well being and number of customers by blocking a fire escape route is some really weird shit. Paying 2 or 3 people to do this is even more weird. Who gives a shit how many people are in a store? It's not like social distancing has ever been proven science, right? By Fauci's standards that he discredited hydroxychloroquine with, there is even less medical or scientific justification for recommending social distancing than there was for hydroxychloroquine, right?

3. I have a buddy who own 10 McDonald's restaraunts. They have paired down their menus during this for a couple reasons.
1. Less demand for those products making them simply unprofitable at this time
2. Supply chain issues have led to a shortage of some products

I'm not sure what this is about, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. If it is about my Wendy's comment, I can get my 5 dollar biggie bag that was discontinued for whatever reason, I just tell them I want the 4 items in a 5 dollar biggie bag when they tell me it is discontinued, and my receipt shows the 5 dollar biggie bag that is discontinued. Maybe it is covid weirness, maybe it isnt.

As for your steel barrier the size of a football field at WM, that's new to me.

It's some weird arbitrary covid stuff. How about you, have you seen any arbitrary covid weirdness?

STTAB
05-12-2020, 07:59 AM
Thank you for your comments. The thread was not intended to be so much about the few random items that I listed, so much as the ones that I invited other members to post. It is what it is though, so thanks for commenting

Arbitrary weirdness. I am not aware of any evidence that proves that doing this kind of shit while customers are not in a building is doing any good. Stores have been doing restocking and janitorial work before, during and after business hours for generations.

Monitoring the well being and number of customers by blocking a fire escape route is some really weird shit. Paying 2 or 3 people to do this is even more weird. Who gives a shit how many people are in a store? It's not like social distancing has ever been proven science, right? By Fauci's standards that he discredited hydroxychloroquine with, there is even less medical or scientific justification for recommending social distancing than there was for hydroxychloroquine, right?

I'm not sure what this is about, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. If it is about my Wendy's comment, I can get my 5 dollar biggie bag that was discontinued for whatever reason, I just tell them I want the 4 items in a 5 dollar biggie bag when they tell me it is discontinued, and my receipt shows the 5 dollar biggie bag that is discontinued. Maybe it is covid weirness, maybe it isnt.

It's some weird arbitrary covid stuff. How about you, have you seen any arbitrary covid weirdness?

I'm really not interested in further discussion on the subject with someone who doesn't even understand that places like Wal Mart have closed their 24 hour stores for cleaning not to do the routine cleaning that they have always done, but to send teams of employees in to disinfect EVERYTHING . This is new.

Not to mention the very obvious difference between stocking shelves during regular business situations and stocking shelves when people are hoarding AND when you are trying to limit the number of people on any given aisle to a bare minimum at a time.

I would suggest you educate yourself, but from what few of your posts I have read, that doesn't seem to interest you.

Evmetro
05-12-2020, 08:13 AM
Another weird covid thing I've noticed is that OSHA will fine an employer if employees are caught wearing hoaky homemade or non OSHA approved masks for a virus instead of the n95 and p100 that are proven effective, yet the cdc recommends using any homemade or non OSHA approved ppe for a virus. Two parts of the government recommend two different types of pipe. Weird, right?

STTAB
05-12-2020, 08:21 AM
Another weird covid thing I've noticed is that OSHA will fine an employer if employees are caught wearing hoaky homemade or non OSHA approved masks for a virus instead of the n95 and p100 that are proven effective, yet the cdc recommends using any homemade or non OSHA approved ppe for a virus. Two parts of the government recommend two different types of pipe. Weird, right?

Seriously man, educate yourself

Here are the OSHA guidelines for COVID19

https://www.osha.gov/Publications/OSHA3990.pdf

They only recommend the N95 or P100 masks for certain industries which pose a high risk for infection, they don't require ANY mask for lower risk industries.

When the CDC makes THEIR recommendations, they are not talking to high risk individuals in high risk occupations. They aren't, for example, saying a surgeon should wear a mask made out of a sock while performing an appendectomy. I mean my God

And of course I'd like to see any evidence that OSHA has fined anyone for wearing the incorrect mask on a job site anyway.

Evmetro
05-12-2020, 08:30 AM
I'm really not interested in further discussion on the subject with someone who doesn't even understand that places like Wal Mart have closed their 24 hour stores for cleaning not to do the routine cleaning that they have always done, but to send teams of employees in to disinfect EVERYTHING . This is new.

I dont blame you for evading addressing the items you just quoted of me if you do not have real answers. This is a very common thing for people to do when they do not have answers. On other political boards, I've seen lefties call me a racist when they cannot provide an answer.

I agree that the steps being taken at places like wal mart are new, and this is what makes it covid specific weirdness. What evidence exists that proves their extra steps are doing anything to help, and what difference does it make if there are customers present?

Not to mention the very obvious difference between stocking shelves during regular business situations and stocking shelves when people are hoarding AND when you are trying to limit the number of people on any given aisle to a bare minimum at a time.

I would suggest you educate yourself, but from what few of your posts I have read, that doesn't seem to interest you.

What science backs the notion that limiting customers in aisles does anything to help? How is hoarding connected to covid?

STTAB
05-12-2020, 09:06 AM
I dont blame you for evading addressing the items you just quoted of me if you do not have real answers. This is a very common thing for people to do when they do not have answers. On other political boards, I've seen lefties call me a racist when they cannot provide an answer.

I agree that the steps being taken at places like wal mart are new, and this is what makes it covid specific weirdness. What evidence exists that proves their extra steps are doing anything to help, and what difference does it make if there are customers present?

What science backs the notion that limiting customers in aisles does anything to help? How is hoarding connected to covid?

I gave you real answers, you proceeded to pretend they weren't real answers.

I don't play those types of games.

Evmetro
05-12-2020, 09:24 AM
Seriously man, educate yourself

Here are the OSHA guidelines for COVID19

https://www.osha.gov/Publications/OSHA3990.pdf

They only recommend the N95 or P100 masks for certain industries which pose a high risk for infection, they don't require ANY mask for lower risk industries.

When the CDC makes THEIR recommendations, they are not talking to high risk individuals in high risk occupations. They aren't, for example, saying a surgeon should wear a mask made out of a sock while performing an appendectomy. I mean my God

And of course I'd like to see any evidence that OSHA has fined anyone for wearing the incorrect mask on a job site anyway.

Please copy n paste the part from your link that shows where something besides an osha approved n95 or p100 is effective against viruses. If you cannot post that, then your link is just gish gallop.

You sound like you are fighting to make the coronavirus political monster as big and credible as possible, so maybe you should figure out how to use science based arguments.

Evmetro
05-12-2020, 09:25 AM
I gave you real answers, you proceeded to pretend they weren't real answers.

I don't play those types of games.

More evasion.

jimnyc
05-12-2020, 09:36 AM
Hell, I know the n95 and above are more expensive, harder to get, more uncomfortable to wear & meant for certain situations. And yet my ass wears them as much as I can when out. I do have quite a few alternatives. Like my Steelers cloth mask if going for a walk, or a surgical if getting gas and tiny things, but anything that starts involving more than 2 or 3 people max, that's when I bring my better masks with me, and gloves.

Abbey Marie
05-12-2020, 10:27 AM
I know you're politely trying to say I'm a jerk, but you may as well tell the ocean it is wet LOL

I really wasn’t. I just try to help keep the peace. You know I (mostly!) hate when people leave, so I try to deescalate whenever possible.

STTAB
05-12-2020, 11:12 AM
Please copy n paste the part from your link that shows where something besides an osha approved n95 or p100 is effective against viruses. If you cannot post that, then your link is just gish gallop.

You sound like you are fighting to make the coronavirus political monster as big and credible as possible, so maybe you should figure out how to use science based arguments.

I didn't make ANY claims as to the effectiveness of ANY mask against ANY virus, so why then would I feel compelled to defend a statement that I did not make?

You seem to be stupid.

STTAB
05-12-2020, 11:13 AM
I really wasn’t. I just try to help keep the peace. You know I (mostly!) hate when people leave, so I try to deescalate whenever possible.

I know I'm a PITA poster because I can't just leave stupid alone, I have to tell them how stupid they are LOL

STTAB
05-12-2020, 12:10 PM
Here's a COVID weirdness.

i own a restaurant in Branosn MO, we've been in our location for 5 years. we rent, the building was already there. Our lease was set to expire on May 1 of this year. Our rent was $1400 a month. As we were already shut down for this pandemic nonsense our landlord tells us that he is going to double our rent on a new lease to $2800 a month.

No way am I paying $2800 a month for an old building off strip, so we're not even reopening at all until I can find a piece of property and build a restaraunt.

For those who are truly curious. I am merely the money behind this venture. My sister in law runs the restaurant completely except under unusual circumstances. A dream for her, an investment for me.

Hot Dogger
05-12-2020, 01:48 PM

i own a restaurant in Branosn MO, we've been in our location for 5 years. we rent, the building was already there. Our lease was set to expire on May 1 of this year. Our rent was $1400 a month. As we were already shut down for this pandemic nonsense our landlord tells us that he is going to double our rent on a new lease to $2800 a month.

No way am I paying $2800 a month for an old building off strip, so we're not even reopening at all until I can find a piece of property and build a restaraunt.

For those who are truly curious. I am merely the money behind this venture. My sister in law runs the restaurant completely except under unusual circumstances. A dream for her, an investment for me.

Best wishes in your new venture, the country needs risk takers like you at this time and always. Our family used to go to Silver Dollar City every summer 50-55 years ago.

STTAB
05-12-2020, 01:51 PM
Best wishes in your new venture, the country needs risk takers like you at this time and always. Our family used to go to Silver Dollar City every summer 50-55 years ago.

I'm hoping to find a piece of land near SDC now.

You wouldn't even recognize the place today compared to what you probably remember as a child.

Abbey Marie
05-12-2020, 01:53 PM

Restaurants seem so risky. Best of luck with the new endeavor. People are so anxious to go out to eat again, so the timing could be very good.

STTAB
05-12-2020, 01:59 PM
Restaurants seem so risky. Best of luck with the new endeavor. People are so anxious to go out to eat again, so the timing could be very good.

Before all this we were doing well, actually thinking of a second location on the other side of Branson , so we were already prepared to look for some land to build on, but we had intended to have the current restaurant up and running while we did so.

Eventually people will return to restaurants, it's inevitable. So we're gonna move ahead with plans. I've got a real estate agent talking to a couple people right now. In the meantime of course I have 45 people who are not working. When we originally closed we wrote each of them a check for $10K in the form of a loan that we simply won't collect on, at some point in the future we will write them off as bad debt and move on. And now they are all on unemployment as well, so no one is hurting, but still sucks that this jerk had to pick NOW to double rent.

jimnyc
05-12-2020, 02:20 PM

I'm not very sharp in business landlord/tenant situations, nor MO law of course.

With that said, I would look into that. Are there laws pertaining to how much of an increase they can make? For example, in some states and some leases, only a certain percentage is allowed. But most/some you can raise as much as you like. Of course he wants more now after 5 years at the same rate. And when did they give you this increase notification, and how far in advance does your state require? Likely want out once landlords start with that crap anyway. And make sure you get your deposit back!!!

STTAB
05-12-2020, 02:27 PM
I'm not very sharp in business landlord/tenant situations, nor MO law of course.

With that said, I would look into that. Are there laws pertaining to how much of an increase they can make? For example, in some states and some leases, only a certain percentage is allowed. But most/some you can raise as much as you like. Of course he wants more now after 5 years at the same rate. And when did they give you this increase notification, and how far in advance does your state require? Likely want out once landlords start with that crap anyway. And make sure you get your deposit back!!!

To be honest, the moment he proposed doubling the rent my sister in law said "I'll have to check with my brother in law" and we've not talked to him since other than my wife the attorney did send him a letter notifying him that we didn't intend to renew and expected that he would mail us a check for our security our deposit, which he already has.

We knew a rent increase was coming, and we knew he was doubling rent, he owns several pieces of land around Branson and word got around, but we didn't expect him to do it in the middle of this when we weren't even open.

In the long run this will be better though, we will buy and build what we want.