PDA

View Full Version : Black Hurricanes

Sitarro
09-12-2007, 12:47 PM
My brother emailed this to me and I thought it was pretty funny......:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

It appears our African-American friends have found yet something else to be pissed about. A black congresswoman reportedly complained that the names of hurricanes are all Caucasian sounding names. She would prefer some names that reflect African-American culture such as Chamiqua, Tanisha, Woeisha, Shaqueal, and Jamal. She would also like the weather reports to be broadcast in Language that street people can understand because one of the problem s in New Orleans is that regular folks couldn't understand the seriousness of the situation due to the racially biased language of the weather report.

I can hear it now: A weatherman in Houston says...

"Wazzup, mutha-fukkas! Hehr-i-cane Chamiqua be headin' fo' yo ass like Leroy on a crotch rocket! Bitch be a category fo'! So grab yo' chirren, yo' Ho, be leavin yo crib, and head fo' da nearest guv'ment office fo yo FREE shit!"

Hagbard Celine
09-12-2007, 01:14 PM
AAAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :laugh:

hjmick
09-12-2007, 01:30 PM
While the punchline is indeed funny, at least a portion of the set up is true, a black congresswoman did indeed complain, in 2003, that the names of hurricanes are all Caucasian sounding. She actually used the phrase "lily white." Who was this bastion of reason? None other than Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas).

"All racial groups should be represented," Lee said. She hoped federal weather officials "would try to be inclusive of African-American names."

Now, I can't help but think that had the "federal weather officials" been using African-American names all along, she would be complaing that it wasn't fair. Why should such a destructive force have names that could be associated with African-Americans?

Come on, doesn't any name have the potential of being an African-American name? You will never convince me that there is not a single Black woman named Barbara or a Black man named Larry.

Sitarro
09-12-2007, 01:34 PM
While the punchline is indeed funny, at least a portion of the set up is true, a black congresswoman did indeed complain, in 2003, that the names of hurricanes are all Caucasian sounding. She actually used the phrase "lily white." Who was this bastion of reason? None other than Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas).

"All racial groups should be represented," Lee said. She hoped federal weather officials "would try to be inclusive of African-American names."

Now, I can't help but think that had the "federal weather officials" been using African-American names all along, she would be complaing that it wasn't fair. Why should such a destructive force have names that could be associated with African-Americans?

Come on, doesn't any name have the potential of being an African-American name? You will never convince me that there is not a single Black woman named Barbara or a Black man named Larry.

I remember that, one of many really stupid things that this embarassment to Houston has said. Didn't she think that the U.S. had landed on Mars instead of the Moon?

hjmick
09-12-2007, 01:43 PM
I remember that, one of many really stupid things that this embarassment to Houston has said. Didn't she think that the U.S. had landed on Mars instead of the Moon?

Yes, during a visit to the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, she asked whether the Mars Pathfinder had taken an image of the flag planted on Mars in 1969 by Neil Armstrong.

She is quite a piece of work.