PDA

View Full Version : Another University Prof Arrested For China Ties

Kathianne
05-13-2020, 10:33 AM
Could get 20 years. I'm glad to say that I've been following the university/schools/CCP ties for years. It's from the University level on down. While it's the professors on the university level, fully in the know that what they're doing is illegal; on the lower school level it's Chinese investments in the China Schools-the money augments the school funding, including Chinese classes and revisionist Chinese history.

It has to stop.

https://www.thecollegefix.com/university-of-arkansas-professor-arrested-for-hiding-ties-to-china/

University of Arkansas professor arrested for hiding ties to China
COLLEGE FIX STAFF •MAY 12, 2020

A University of Arkansas engineering professor was taken into custody on Friday, charged with federal wire fraud due to failing to disclose his ties to the Chinese government.

According to a Justice Department press release (via the Arkansas Times), Professor Simon Ang, head of the UA High Density Electronics Center, did not reveal his connections to China when he applied for grants from NASA.

“These materially false representations to NASA and the University of Arkansas resulted in numerous wires to be sent and received that facilitated Ang’s scheme to defraud,” the release said.

Ang has worked at UA since 1988 and is a 1980 graduate of the school. He faces up to 20 years in prison if convicted.

40/29 News reports the investigation began when a UA employee discovered a hard drive in the school library’s lost-and-found. On it were emails allegedly from Ang which stated “there are things that are becoming very difficult for me recently because of the political climate” and “I have to be very careful or else I may be out of my job from this university.”

STTAB
05-13-2020, 10:37 AM
Could get 20 years. I'm glad to say that I've been following the university/schools/CCP ties for years. It's from the University level on down. While it's the professors on the university level, fully in the know that what they're doing is illegal; on the lower school level it's Chinese investments in the China Schools-the money augments the school funding, including Chinese classes and revisionist Chinese history.

It has to stop.

These people should be charged with treason and shot.

Kathianne
05-13-2020, 10:42 AM
These people should be charged with treason and shot.

No, they and their handlers should be exposed, prosecuted, and their deeds made public. #1 being that China has for a half century stolen and bought what they cannot do themselves. Even worse, our politicians have made it easier, by allowing our businesses to move to China and the lands it controls.

It would take I'm guessing at least 10 years to get those goods manufactured back in the US/No. America/Europe.

STTAB
05-13-2020, 10:44 AM
No, they and their handlers should be exposed, prosecuted, and their deeds made public. #1 being that China has for a half century stolen and bought what they cannot do themselves. Even worse, our politicians have made it easier, by allowing our businesses to move to China and the lands it controls.

It would take I'm guessing at least 10 years to get those goods manufactured back in the US/No. America/Europe.

Careful that you don't blame both parties Kath , else you get labeled a liberal LOL

Kathianne
05-13-2020, 10:50 AM
Careful that you don't blame both parties Kath , else you get labeled a liberal LOL
Let's not get another thread closed, okay? Thank you.

With the country as split along party lines as it is, it's near impossible to gain consensus on anything. Regarding China being seen as an 'enemy' the exposure needs to be constant and convincing.

STTAB
05-13-2020, 11:16 AM
Let's not get another thread closed, okay? Thank you.

With the country as split along party lines as it is, it's near impossible to gain consensus on anything. Regarding China being seen as an 'enemy' the exposure needs to be constant and convincing.

I was kidding, weird though that you didn't say anything in another thread where a member attacked me out of the blue for no reason though. Just saying.

Kathianne
05-13-2020, 11:18 AM
I was kidding, weird though that you didn't say anything in another thread where a member attacked me out of the blue for no reason though. Just saying.

Thread was closed before I saw it. No matter, no discussing actions.

STTAB
05-13-2020, 11:19 AM
Thread was closed before I saw it. No matter, no discussing actions.

I definitely wasn't referring to moderator actions.