PDA

View Full Version : Step Up Your Game, Abbey

Gunny
05-28-2020, 01:22 PM
Let's see what your obsessive-compulsiveness has on THIS:

All this mask talk got me thinking about how I go about things, as usual. I've mentioned more than a few times I don't go anywhere but the convenience store. Takes about 3-5 minutes inside max. A "for-real shopping trip" for is the Dollar General. Maybe 10 minutes inside :)

For all that, my button is still stuck on jarhead. I will not wear PT gear to the store. Shirts have to have sleeves. At least sandals (no flip flops). Clothes have to be color-coordinated, to include ball cap. Won't go without a shave within the last 24 hours.

And now? The bandana has to go with the rest :) Which of course means nobody knows if I've shaved or not. And I'm not seeing anyone but the clerks.

This is to get a couple packs of smokes and/or sodas and chips. I think I have issues :laugh:

SassyLady
05-28-2020, 01:23 PM

All this mask talk got me thinking about how I go about things, as usual. I've mentioned more than a few times I don't go anywhere but the convenience store. Takes about 3-5 minutes inside max. A "for-real shopping trip" for is the Dollar General. Maybe 10 minutes inside :)

For all that, my button is still stuck on jarhead. I will not wear PT gear to the store. Shirts have to have sleeves. At least sandals (no flip flops). Clothes have to be color-coordinated, to include ball cap. Won't go without a shave within the last 24 hours.

And now? The bandana has to go with the rest :) Which of course means nobody knows if I've shaved or not. And I'm not seeing anyone but the clerks.

This is to get a couple packs of smokes and/or sodas and chips. I think I have issues :laugh:

Maybe .......:poke:

Abbey Marie
05-28-2020, 01:56 PM

”You are a handsome manly man with a handsome manly image to protect”.
How’d I do?
;)

Btw, my aging brain may not have gotten the reference. How do I need to step up my game? You mean, I need to change out of my PJs and brush my hair every day?!

My poor BIL has been posting that his wife told him he didn’t put out the patio chairs correctly, and he should have cut her sandwich in half diagonally.

hjmick
05-28-2020, 02:02 PM

Oh you have issues alright, and they have nothing to do with the things you mentioned in your post... :poke: :beer:

Gunny
05-28-2020, 05:08 PM
”You are a handsome manly man with a handsome manly image to protect”.
How’d I do?
;)

Btw, my aging brain may not have gotten the reference. How do I need to step up my game? You mean, I need to change out of my PJs and brush my hair every day?!

My poor BIL has been posting that his wife told him he didn’t put out the patio chairs correctly, and he should have cut her sandwich in half diagonally.The reference: you ARE the one that stacks dishes at the restaurant, right? :)

Abbey Marie
05-28-2020, 07:21 PM
The reference: you ARE the one that stacks dishes at the restaurant, right? :)

Yes! Lol, I’m totally obsessed with that. And I rearrange whatever’s on the table as soon as we sit down.

SassyLady
05-28-2020, 08:03 PM
Yes! Lol, I’m totally obsessed with that. And I rearrange whatever’s on the table as soon as we sit down.

Just at restaurants or at friends houses too?

I stack dirty dishes at restaurant if waiter doesn't return soon enough. Is that not something everyone does?
:coffee:

Kathianne
05-28-2020, 08:09 PM

I stack dirty dishes at restaurant if waiter doesn't return soon enough. Is that not something everyone does?

It's normal to me. LOL!

Abbey Marie
05-28-2020, 11:43 PM

Ha, no, not at a friend’s house. Though when we visit my BIL in NH, I will do it a little. But he’s divorced and wouldn’t care anyway. It’s the women you have to be sure not to offend.

My daughter used to be a server, and told me they don’t like when diners stack the dishes. So now I just do it a little.

Kathianne
05-29-2020, 12:45 AM
Ha, no, not at a friend’s house. Though when we visit my BIL in NH, I will do it a little. But he’s divorced and wouldn’t care anyway. It’s the women you have to be sure not to offend.

My daughter used to be a server, and told me they don’t like when diners stack the dishes. So now I just do it a little.

I hate dishes in front of me, at home or out. I cannot stop getting them out of my way. :laugh:

Gunny
05-29-2020, 11:52 AM
Oh you have issues alright, and they have nothing to do with the things you mentioned in your post... :poke: :beer:How does that song go? I'm not crazy. I'm just a little unwell :)

Gunny
05-29-2020, 11:57 AM
I hate dishes in front of me, at home or out. I cannot stop getting them out of my way. :laugh:I don't even like them in the sink. I do them about 3 times a day. Doesn't bother me although it does take some time, but dishes are not the daughter's priority so she will let them pile up. At which point I start getting antsy.

I learned ot quit pointing them out or bitching and just do them.

Trainwrecking the dishes and cooking utensils in the cabinet is another that will annoy the crap out of me. Take 2 extra seconds and put them in the right place.

Kathianne
05-29-2020, 12:13 PM

I know I'll keep up my dish moving. I'll also keep tipping 20% or better, so they like me again. ;)

Gunny
05-29-2020, 12:28 PM
I know I'll keep up my dish moving. I'll also keep tipping 20% or better, so they like me again. ;)Weird. This looks like a girl thing. I hope the fact I am the same way with stacking my weights and organizing my tools lets me keep my Man Card :laugh:

Abbey Marie
05-29-2020, 01:13 PM
As long as it’s a guy thing to pay for the meal...

;)

Black Diamond
05-29-2020, 01:25 PM
As long as it’s a guy thing to pay for the meal...

;)

Always.

hjmick
05-29-2020, 04:02 PM
How does that song go? I'm not crazy. I'm just a little unwell :)

Holy shit! Gunny quotes Matchbox Twenty...

Who'd a thunk it...

Black Diamond
05-29-2020, 04:06 PM
Holy shit! Gunny quotes Matchbox Twenty...

Who'd a thunk it...

Uhhhh boy.