PDA

View Full Version : For Parents:

Guernicaa
09-12-2007, 06:40 PM
Were your kids accidents??

I was having this dicussion with my friend the other day. He was an "accident" where as I was, well, "on purpose".

darin
09-12-2007, 06:46 PM
For both our kids we were really wanting to get her pregnant. I take a LITTLE exception to the question, however...I personally don't view babies as 'accidents' - but as 'consequence for behavior'. To me an 'accidental' pregancy would be if a woman 'fell' onto a guy and everything lined up and 'connected'. Something like that.

Sorry to go off on a tangent. I know what you're asking - don't mean to derail the thread. :)

82Marine89
09-12-2007, 06:56 PM

I was having this dicussion with my friend the other day. He was an "accident" where as I was, well, "on purpose".

Not an accident, a miracle.

Said1
09-12-2007, 07:57 PM
I was in the wedding pictures. I'm not sure what that means in relation to the question, soooooooooooo I'll go with the miracle thing.

Yurt
09-12-2007, 09:06 PM

Padewan, when one chooses to have sex, it is not an accident.

hjmick
09-12-2007, 09:23 PM
For me, one was planned, one was not. Both are loved, both wanted.

Gunny
09-12-2007, 09:44 PM

My oldest daughter was more-or-less planned. Youngest was not. Not once has she ever been called an "accident."

Probably the dumbest thing a parent can ever tell a child, truth or not.

Gaffer
09-12-2007, 10:37 PM
Both my kids were planned. But I was an adult before I figured out why my father called my littlest brother booboo.

Mr. P
09-12-2007, 11:27 PM
I think 90% of kids are unplanned not accidents. Just my opinion.

stephanie
09-13-2007, 12:12 AM
What a lovely thing to tell your child....You were an accident..

Both my children were SURPRISES... twenty two yrs. apart....How's that for a surprise........

I have two of the most beautiful surprises anyone could ask for....:2up:

Gunny
09-13-2007, 06:11 AM
What a lovely thing to tell your child....You were an accident..

Both my children were SURPRISES... twenty two yrs. apart....How's that for a surprise........

I have two of the most beautiful surprises anyone could ask for....:2up:

Right? Great for boosting self-esteem.

PostmodernProphet
09-13-2007, 06:26 AM
I was born 12 years after my oldest sibling and 7 years after the youngest....I was also born 9 months after my father got out of the hospital following a six month recuperation following a car accident in which he had 47 bone fractures.....

the family is joke is that I wasn't an accident, I was an experiment......

truthmatters
09-13-2007, 06:34 AM

remie
09-13-2007, 06:51 AM
For me, one was planned, one was not. Both are loved, both wanted.

Ditto. The old fireplace on a winter afternoon while the the first child was napping got the best of us and well....you know.

Monkeybone
09-13-2007, 08:38 AM
i was the result of a druken night of passion.

Joan
09-13-2007, 09:54 AM
My first was planned. The other three were just added blessings. The happiness these children Have brought to me cannot be compared to anything else in life!

Abbey Marie
09-13-2007, 09:57 AM
My first was planned. The other three were just added blessings. The happiness these children Have brought to me cannot be compared to anything else in life!

Love the phrase "added blessings".

jackass
09-13-2007, 04:22 PM

Joan. I know your kids...and you are full of it!!! :laugh2:

Joan knows I am just kidding!

BoogyMan
09-13-2007, 04:30 PM

Excellent thought Joan.

3 Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.
5 Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.

Trigg
09-13-2007, 06:09 PM
Three of mine were planned. One was..............a surprise.

Yes, you can get pregnant on the pill if you're on antibiotics.

I wouldn't call him an accident though since I always planned on having 3, he was just a bit sooner than I would have planned.

Those who have read my posts before know I now have 4, what can I say there just to cute I couldn't stop with 3.

5stringJeff
09-14-2007, 08:24 AM
The last one was conceived earlier than expected, but not accidental or unplanned.