PDA

View Full Version : Soldiers who dared sign antiwar editorial killed

typomaniac
09-12-2007, 07:32 PM
And what was the offense these guys committed? Well, the editorial was a rather innocuous one:
"Four years into our occupation, we have failed on every promise, while we have substituted Baath Party tyranny with a tyranny of Islamist, militia and criminal violence," they wrote. "When the primary preoccupation of average Iraqis is when and how they are likely to be killed, we can hardly feel smug as we hand out care packages."
Now two of the seven soldiers who wrote and signed this editorial are dead:

Two U.S. soldiers whose signatures appeared on an op-ed piece in The New York Times critical of the war in Iraq were among seven Americans killed in a truck accident outside of Baghdad, family members said Wednesday.

Staff Sgt. Yance Gray and Sgt. Omar Mora were members of the Army's 82nd Airborne Division, based at Fort Bragg, North Carolina.

Gray, Mora and five other soldiers died Monday when their truck overturned near the Iraqi capital, U.S. officials said

Well, gosh. I wonder just how "accidental" the truck incident really was. :poke:
Especially when "Another of the signers of the Times article, Staff Sgt. Jeremy Murphy, was shot in the head a week before the article appeared but survived."

I tell ya, folks: This stinks.

Source (http://edition.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/09/12/iraq.soldiers.dead/)

LiberalNation
09-12-2007, 07:37 PM
I'll tell ya, you are paraniod. :tinfoil:

Dilloduck
09-12-2007, 07:40 PM

Bush did it---next question .

82Marine89
09-12-2007, 07:42 PM
Two U.S. soldiers whose signatures appeared on an op-ed piece in The New York Times critical of the war in Iraq were among seven Americans killed in a truck accident outside of Baghdad, family members said Wednesday.

Staff Sgt. Yance Gray and Sgt. Omar Mora were members of the Army's 82nd Airborne Division, based at Fort Bragg, North Carolina.

Gray, Mora and five other soldiers died Monday when their truck overturned near the Iraqi capital, U.S. officials said

That means 5 of the 7 weren't involved. This article is bullshit. Especially being from the left leaning Clinton News Network.

darin
09-12-2007, 07:45 PM
Blame the African-American Bees.

Gunny
09-12-2007, 07:46 PM
And what was the offense these guys committed? Well, the editorial was a rather innocuous one:

Well, gosh. I wonder just how "accidental" the truck incident really was. :poke:
Especially when "Another of the signers of the Times article, Staff Sgt. Jeremy Murphy, was shot in the head a week before the article appeared but survived."

For once, you are absolutely right ... it DOES stink .... it's got YOU all over it.

jimnyc
09-12-2007, 07:47 PM

Thank you for seeing this for what it was worth.

The only thing here that I see that stinks is yet another lame conspiracy theory. "If we can't get negative news based on facts, well golly gee then we'll just invent shit"

Dilloduck
09-12-2007, 07:50 PM

Are you dating TM ? This is the same kind of bizarre shit she and Gabby would post. LOOK OUT---BLACK HELICOPTERS ABOVE YOUR HOUSE !!!

LiberalNation
09-12-2007, 07:52 PM
The only thing here that I see that stinks is yet another lame conspiracy theory. "If we can't get negative news based on facts, well golly gee then we'll just invent shit"

I doubt even the MSM would print this tripe, lemme go check the source. Prolly a out there website or blog.

edit, never mind, shame on cnn.

gabosaurus
09-12-2007, 08:26 PM
Were they killed by Black Helicopters?

Dilloduck
09-12-2007, 08:27 PM
Were they killed by Black Helicopters?

Ya--Bush sent em in cause they bad mouthed him.

Gaffer
09-12-2007, 09:06 PM
Bush shot the one in the head and then drove the truck that he tipped over killing the 7 soldiers. He'll get back to the other four later cause he had to go cause that earth quake in Indonesia. He's a busy man running around the world causing disasters and assassinations. He still has time to get in a couple of more hurricanes before the years out.

A presidents work is never done.

Gunny
09-12-2007, 09:15 PM
Bush shot the one in the head and then drove the truck that he tipped over killing the 7 soldiers. He'll get back to the other four later cause he had to go cause that earth quake in Indonesia. He's a busy man running around the world causing disasters and assassinations. He still has time to get in a couple of more hurricanes before the years out.

:laugh2: I'd rep you but I just did somewhere else.

09-12-2007, 09:16 PM

Sorry i cant give you rep for thits, but nicely done.

Yurt
09-12-2007, 09:25 PM

you failed to mention my christmas wish list he DID NOT provide :poke:

diuretic
09-12-2007, 09:36 PM
Proves one thing - Bush CAN delegate after all! :laugh2:

Gaffer
09-12-2007, 09:57 PM
you failed to mention my christmas wish list he DID NOT provide :poke:

You just wished for the wrong things. That's why he didn't provide them. You gotta think big. And evil.

Gunny
09-12-2007, 10:08 PM
You just wished for the wrong things. That's why he didn't provide them. You gotta think big. And evil.

As mentioned in other thread, I'm just awaiting my share of the "Big Steal" an oil refinery and gas pump in back yard after Bush steals all the oil from Iraq. :salute:

Gaffer
09-12-2007, 10:21 PM
As mentioned in other thread, I'm just awaiting my share of the "Big Steal" an oil refinery and gas pump in back yard after Bush steals all the oil from Iraq. :salute:

Yep we'll all be rolling in dough. All of us loyal supporters that is. Just don't tell him what I thought of his amnesty bill.

Gunny
09-12-2007, 10:26 PM
Yep we'll all be rolling in dough. All of us loyal supporters that is. Just don't tell him what I thought of his amnesty bill.

Sshhhh ..... not until AFTER refinery and pump are installed!:poke:

diuretic
09-13-2007, 12:18 AM

He (well, Cheney actually) doesn't want to steal all the oil from Iraq, he just wants to be sure his mates get it. They can hold onto it and as the price of oil rocket up they can start selling it at humungous profits! See? A cunning plan if ever there was one! :coffee:

Gunny
09-13-2007, 05:28 AM
He (well, Cheney actually) doesn't want to steal all the oil from Iraq, he just wants to be sure his mates get it. They can hold onto it and as the price of oil rocket up they can start selling it at humungous profits! See? A cunning plan if ever there was one! :coffee:

Sure .... want to buy a West Texas tropical paradise?:cool:

09-13-2007, 05:30 AM
Sure .... want to buy a West Texas tropical paradise?:cool:

But if buys that how can he buy my Pristine Florida Tundra:D

Gunny
09-13-2007, 05:41 AM
But if buys that how can he buy my Pristine Florida Tundra:D

From all the kickbacks he gets from his Dem buds in Congress buying up oil stock?:laugh2:

theHawk
09-13-2007, 09:48 AM
Vehicle accidents happen alot over there. A fellow I work with had a son in Iraq and he was involved in a vehicle accident. He was seriously wounded and still undergoing surgeries.

Hagbard Celine
09-13-2007, 09:59 AM
I think you're paranoid too. It does, however call attention to exactly how violent and chaotic Iraq is.

Dilloduck
09-13-2007, 10:23 AM
I think you're paranoid too. It does, however call attention to exactly how violent and chaotic Iraq is.

Parts of it are---parts of America are too.

darin
09-13-2007, 10:24 AM
Here's something to REALLY get ya going.

EVERY enlisted Soldier who has been killed as signed something ELSE - An enlistment contract! Yup!

:tinfoil:

Hagbard Celine
09-13-2007, 10:57 AM
Parts of it are---parts of America are too.

Seriously? You're seriously comparing violence in the US to the violence in Iraq? Some violent crime may happen in America periodically, but it's nothing compared to the ethnic cleansing going on in Iraq.

Dilloduck
09-13-2007, 11:01 AM
Seriously? You're seriously comparing violence in the US to the violence in Iraq? Some violent crime may happen in America periodically, but it's nothing compared to the ethnic cleansing going on in Iraq.

nope----violence in America is different but people die from it never the less.

Abbey Marie
09-13-2007, 12:02 PM

Philly is an urban war zone.

typomaniac
09-13-2007, 02:00 PM
For once, you are absolutely right ... it DOES stink .... it's got YOU all over it.

Well of course you're going to say that after what happened to these guys. You must be scared shitless by what your buddies in arms might do to YOU if you oppose the war.

typomaniac
09-13-2007, 02:08 PM

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean the black helicopters AREN'T coming for you. :laugh:

Gaffer
09-13-2007, 02:18 PM
Anybody notice this is not a conspiracy theory but an real news story and should not be in this section?

Why did the author of this thread put it in this section?

Maybe it was put here because it belongs here.

theHawk
09-13-2007, 02:20 PM
Anybody notice this is not a conspiracy theory but an real news story and should not be in this section?

Why did the author of this thread put it in this section?

Its a "conspiracy theroy" because the author is suggesting that some insiders retaliated against them, all without a shred of evidence. I'm sure most former military like myself find this suggestion outrageous and disrespectful to soldiers over there, especially to the friends of these soldiers that got killed/wounded.

TheStripey1
09-14-2007, 02:40 PM

I dunno, typo, thinking that there was some sort of plot to get them is a stretch, IMO... it's a war zone afterall, and people die in wars all the time... that's why we need to get our trooops out of that civil war in Iraq... before more of them get killed.

Now if ALL seven were to wind up dead, heaven forbid, then I would probably agree that there might be something to your theory.

TheStripey1
09-14-2007, 02:41 PM
Bush did it---next question .

bush wasn't in country at the time... he had an alibi...

typomaniac
09-14-2007, 02:56 PM
I dunno, typo, thinking that there was some sort of plot to get them is a stretch, IMO... it's a war zone afterall, and people die in wars all the time... that's why we need to get our trooops out of that civil war in Iraq... before more of them get killed.

Now if ALL seven were to wind up dead, heaven forbid, then I would probably agree that there might be something to your theory.

Well, if #3 had been fatally shot in the head, that would have been 43%. Which isn't anywhere near the proportion of fatalities from soldiers who get sent to Iraq.

Just something to think about... :uhoh:

Gunny
09-14-2007, 04:36 PM
Well of course you're going to say that after what happened to these guys. You must be scared shitless by what your buddies in arms might do to YOU if you oppose the war.

Kick me out of the club? Hate to break the news to you, but nobody really gives a damn whether or not these servicemembers oppose the war. Only that they honor their given word and do their jobs to the best of their abilities until their contract expires.

FYI, I was as a Marine, and still am quite vocal about my opinion an don't give a rat's ass WHO doesn't like it. And, I'm STILL here.

So much for YOUR stupidity, oh braindead one.

typomaniac
09-14-2007, 05:15 PM
Hate to break the news to you, but nobody really gives a damn whether or not these servicemembers oppose the war. Only that they honor their given word and do their jobs to the best of their abilities until their contract expires.
"Nobody?" Well, that's something of a problem in a nation that's allegedly governed by the people. Wouldn't you agree, O scared-shitless one?

Gunny
09-15-2007, 09:40 AM
"Nobody?" Well, that's something of a problem in a nation that's allegedly governed by the people. Wouldn't you agree, O scared-shitless one?

What does a nation governed by the people have to do with military servicemembers' personal opinions of a war?

You made a stupid assumption, as usual, talking out your onknowledgeable ass, as usual, and currently trying to blow a smokescreen to hide it.

Those servicemembers get to vote every election just like your chair-polishing, civilian ass does. If you'd ever stand up, you might get some oxygen in those 3 brain cells -- enough to give you the clue to STFU.

09-15-2007, 02:37 PM

and yet over 40 people die mysteriously around the Clintons and its a vast right wing conspiracy.

09-15-2007, 02:38 PM

Since when has their been ethnic cleansing in Iraq?