PDA

View Full Version : OCA's Avi

Yurt
02-03-2007, 08:53 PM
I am a west coast boy. However, dad's family all from the east coast. Queens, RI, Boston. Grew up thinking west coast food, like pizza (back in the 80's I think I could count the number of places that had gyros here) etc.... was the best. Then when I was twelve my dad starting taking me back east, well, it is a FACT that NY pizza is the best. UUUhh, don't bring chicago, well it is GREAT, but NY is the best, and the gyros, sheesh, they do meat sandwiches back there that make the best out here taste dull. I pine for east pizza/gyros.

It bothers me. Makes my mouth water. Get light headed. Dizzy.

Take it down before I hurt someone.

:dev:

jackass
02-03-2007, 09:08 PM
NORTHERN East Coast food is the best!! Once you get out of NJ the food goes downhill fast!! Va food is just downright terrible. They shouldnt even let people eat crap like that. Here in SC the food is better than Va but they still dont know how to make a sub...(except for Jersey Mikes) I have found a pretty good pizza place which is nice!!

OCA
02-03-2007, 09:49 PM
I am a west coast boy. However, dad's family all from the east coast. Queens, RI, Boston. Grew up thinking west coast food, like pizza (back in the 80's I think I could count the number of places that had gyros here) etc.... was the best. Then when I was twelve my dad starting taking me back east, well, it is a FACT that NY pizza is the best. UUUhh, don't bring chicago, well it is GREAT, but NY is the best, and the gyros, sheesh, they do meat sandwiches back there that make the best out here taste dull. I pine for east pizza/gyros.

It bothers me. Makes my mouth water. Get light headed. Dizzy.

Take it down before I hurt someone.

:dev:

I'm born on the West Coast and you are right, it ain't right out there. If you like gyros only go to authentic Greek or Turkish joints, the rest are garbage. My only complaint about the east coast is there is a sub joint on every block and every damn menu is the same.

Will tell ya the best pizza I ever had was in Portland, OR. Place called Accardi's, of course the owners were transplanted East Coast guineas.

*Editors note* I was 2 when my parents came over from Greece, I guess by born I mean the first place we lived, don't know what the hell I was thinking when I wrote that lol.

jillian
02-03-2007, 10:39 PM
Sorry, dudes. No pizza anywhere is better than in Brooklyn, NY. Not even close. :beer:

darin
02-03-2007, 10:42 PM
All this time I thought his avatar was a shit-taco. Seriously.

lol

Abbey Marie
02-03-2007, 10:44 PM
No question, NYC pizza is the best. Yum.

OCA
02-03-2007, 11:26 PM

lol

ROTFLMFAO! HAHAHA! Dumbass!:beer:

5stringJeff
02-04-2007, 12:18 AM

lol

:lmao: :lmao:

darin
02-04-2007, 01:18 AM
does it NOT look like little turds w/ sour creme??

jackass
02-04-2007, 09:25 AM

Hahahaha....it does! You cant say it doesnt!! :laugh:

Mr. P
02-04-2007, 10:54 AM

Them greeks eat weird 'shit'. :laugh:

jimnyc
02-04-2007, 12:47 PM

lol

Damn, now that's some funny shit! pun intended of course!

Gunny
02-04-2007, 12:48 PM
NORTHERN East Coast food is the best!! Once you get out of NJ the food goes downhill fast!! Va food is just downright terrible. They shouldnt even let people eat crap like that. Here in SC the food is better than Va but they still dont know how to make a sub...(except for Jersey Mikes) I have found a pretty good pizza place which is nice!!

Y'all are high, and obviously have never had REAL Southern or Southwestern cooking. You yanks'll eat anything you can throw in a pot and boil.

Mr. P
02-04-2007, 12:52 PM
Y'all are high, and obviously have never had REAL Southern or Southwestern cooking. You yanks'll eat anything you can throw in a pot and boil.

:laugh: :lol: Ain't it the truth!

Gunny
02-04-2007, 01:13 PM
:laugh: :lol: Ain't it the truth!

Don't know if I ever told you this before, but my paternal family lives all around you -- Northeastern Alabama, Southern TN, and my grandparents, who were initially from New Market, AL, retired in Columbus.

My grandma could set a table.:)

jillian
02-04-2007, 02:01 PM

I love southern cooking. Best grits I ever had was in a little place in the outer banks. But we were talkin' pizza and gyros :thumb:

I do think that in terms of diversity of food available, northeast has it hands down.

Mr. P
02-04-2007, 02:13 PM
Don't know if I ever told you this before, but my paternal family lives all around you -- Northeastern Alabama, Southern TN, and my grandparents, who were initially from New Market, AL, retired in Columbus.

My grandma could set a table.:)

Nope ya never did tell me that. Now I know someone else that knows the ole South way/s of fixin a great meal. The rest can claim whatever, but we know the truth. :thumb:

Pale Rider
02-04-2007, 02:26 PM
Well, I knew it was a real gyro. Everytime I see OCA's I get hungry. I've even been looking around town here for a place that makes one. I LUUUUUV gyro's.

OCA
02-04-2007, 02:50 PM
Well, I knew it was a real gyro. Everytime I see OCA's I get hungry. I've even been looking around town here for a place that makes one. I LUUUUUV gyro's.

Hey Pale in September I believe the Greek Orthodox church there in Reno has their festival, i'm sure you can find one there.

jackass
02-04-2007, 03:59 PM

I live in SC now...and trust me...the food is MUCH better up north!

Gunny
02-04-2007, 06:31 PM
I live in SC now...and trust me...the food is MUCH better up north!

:lol: :lmao:

I lived in SC, and I lived in MD. I was married to a yankee from NY for 13 years.

Trust me ... you just ain't looking in the right places. Try a local church picnic where the older women cook the food instead of Hardee's.;)

Gunny
02-04-2007, 06:33 PM
Nope ya never did tell me that. Now I know someone else that knows the ole South way/s of fixin a great meal. The rest can claim whatever, but we know the truth. :thumb:

Yeah, I used to love going down to the Columbus Farmer's Market with grandma so she could get dinner. Food didn't come pre-processed in her house unless she put it in the Mason jar herself.

jackass
02-04-2007, 06:44 PM
:lol: :lmao:

I lived in SC, and I lived in MD. I was married to a yankee from NY for 13 years.

Trust me ... you just ain't looking in the right places. Try a local church picnic where the older women cook the food instead of Hardee's.;)

Hardees...dont insult me!! :p

Yurt
02-05-2007, 05:28 PM
I'm born on the West Coast and you are right, it ain't right out there. If you like gyros only go to authentic Greek or Turkish joints, the rest are garbage. My only complaint about the east coast is there is a sub joint on every block and every damn menu is the same.

Will tell ya the best pizza I ever had was in Portland, OR. Place called Accardi's, of course the owners were transplanted East Coast guineas.

*Editors note* I was 2 when my parents came over from Greece, I guess by born I mean the first place we lived, don't know what the hell I was thinking when I wrote that lol.

I have hit mini nirvana. So I call this pizza place yesterday and this greek sounding guy answers, he is the owner I think, cause he has answered before and sounds older. I noticed his menu had a gyro and what you said rang a bell. So I order a gyro.

*dancin in the streets*

It is good. Of course not east quality, but the best I have had on the west coast. Just kills me that it came from the pizza joint and that because OCA said something about "authentic greek" that I bought one because this guy sounds greek.

LMFAO

:beer:

Pale Rider
02-05-2007, 05:34 PM
Hey Pale in September I believe the Greek Orthodox church there in Reno has their festival, i'm sure you can find one there.

Noted!

Gadget (fmr Marine)
02-06-2007, 04:31 PM
It's the dirty water in the dough that makes it so tasty....

BTW....I miss the west coast and the authentic taco stands in San Diego and LA....even in western Colorado....

Closest thing to it in FL is the cuban food...and it ain't even close!

darin
02-06-2007, 04:33 PM
I STILL say it's a shit-taco. lol :)

Gadget (fmr Marine)
02-06-2007, 04:45 PM
That's funny!

OCA
02-06-2007, 05:09 PM
It's the dirty water in the dough that makes it so tasty....

BTW....I miss the west coast and the authentic taco stands in San Diego and LA....even in western Colorado....

Closest thing to it in FL is the cuban food...and it ain't even close!

Yes! When it comes to Mexican and Central American food the west coast kicks ass!

OCA
02-06-2007, 05:12 PM
I have hit mini nirvana. So I call this pizza place yesterday and this greek sounding guy answers, he is the owner I think, cause he has answered before and sounds older. I noticed his menu had a gyro and what you said rang a bell. So I order a gyro.

*dancin in the streets*

It is good. Of course not east quality, but the best I have had on the west coast. Just kills me that it came from the pizza joint and that because OCA said something about "authentic greek" that I bought one because this guy sounds greek.

LMFAO

:beer:

Was he yelling at his employees nonstop? Oh boy the stories I could tell!

Tonight i'll start a thread on when I was right out of college I was dating an Ellinida(Greek chick) and her uncles had a restauraunt and I waited tables there. OH MAN it was beautiful!

Mr. P
02-06-2007, 05:43 PM
Was he yelling at his employees nonstop? Oh boy the stories I could tell!

Tonight i'll start a thread on when I was right out of college I was dating an Ellinida(Greek chick) and her uncles had a restauraunt and I waited tables there. OH MAN it was beautiful!

That'll be fun..we can trade stories.:dance:

Hagbard Celine
02-06-2007, 05:44 PM
I like chicago dogs. Mmmmmm!

http://www.mhasd.k12.wi.us/music/orchestra/Chicago-dog-new.jpg

shattered
02-11-2007, 11:12 PM
I like chicago dogs. Mmmmmm!

http://www.mhasd.k12.wi.us/music/orchestra/Chicago-dog-new.jpg

WTF is THAT? Who the hell puts tomatoes and cucumbers on a hotdog?

MtnBiker
02-11-2007, 11:39 PM
I love Chicago Dogs!! they are awesome!

shattered
02-11-2007, 11:42 PM
I love Chicago Dogs!! they are awesome!

Did you see what's actually ON that thing?? Try this instead..tho with more cheese and more onion.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/mmlnt/chili_dog_recipe_med.gif

MtnBiker
02-11-2007, 11:46 PM
Chicago Dogs really are great, I have'nt had the cucumber but all the other stuff.

That chili dog looks good.

shattered
02-11-2007, 11:48 PM
Chicago Dogs really are great, I have'nt had the cucumber but all the other stuff.

That chili dog looks good.

Eeek.

That's the one food I stay away from in Chicago.. :D

MtnBiker
02-11-2007, 11:49 PM
Here is a strange one for you.

Pitchfork Fondue
http://www.pitchforkfondue.com/hlf-pf4.jpg

I've never had it, basically a deep fried steak in a big vat of hot oil on a pitch fork. Whoa!

shattered
02-11-2007, 11:51 PM
Dunno about the pitchfork, but deep fried steak is good - especially dipped in sour cream and cheese. :D