PDA

View Full Version : The Candidate who is driving the media crazy..

stephanie
09-12-2007, 09:57 PM
go Fred go.... http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/thcheer.gif

Submitted by brkcmo on Wed, 09/12/2007 - 9:57pm.
Tags: Fred Thompson Media hitpieces Opinion

Here is an absolutely remarkable opinion piece by none other than Pat Sajak, of Wheel of Fortune fame, published in the Jewish World Review. He says just exactly what many of us think and feel, but maybe have not found the right words about Fred and how the media elites are responding to his campaign. Expect attacks to come Fred's way from more and more of the media titans, both liberal and maybe even so-called conservatives, who are threatened by Fred's ignoring their attempts to set the agenda, as described in this article:

I don't know whether Fred Thompson will ultimately prevail as the Republican Party's nominee for President, but I find myself rooting for him, because, even if there were no other reason (and I think there are many), he drives the mainstream media crazy by paying absolutely no attention to them.:laugh2: These are traumatic times for the nation's major newspapers and network television news departments. Audiences are dwindling, profits are dropping, jobs are disappearing, and, worst of all, their influence is rapidly diminishing. Challenges from the so-called alternative media, from talk radio to Internet blogs, are pushing the old-time giants toward the sidelines.

As they fretted over his late entry into the race and warned of the consequences of that strategy, Thompson met with potential supporters, went through trial and error with a campaign staff, used outlets like YouTube to communicate with voters, and, taking his own sweet time, had the nerve to formally announce his candidacy on a late-night talk show. When you choose Jay Leno over The New York Times editorial board, you're asking for trouble. Somehow, it's supposed to be undignified to use that kind of frivolous forum for such an important announcement. Dignity can only be found in a print or broadcast newsroom where, of course, nothing frivolous ever finds its way inside.

read the rest at..
http://www.blogsforfredthompson.com/candidate-who-driving-elite-media-crazy

Gaffer
09-12-2007, 10:12 PM
Very interesting. I have liked Thompson since I first heard him speculating about running. He's not running with the herd. He's going at his own pace and doing things his way. He answers questions straight up without the usual song and dance routine the others go through.

i'm with you Steph Go Fred Go :salute:

Gunny
09-12-2007, 10:19 PM
Very interesting. I have liked Thompson since I first heard him speculating about running. He's not running with the herd. He's going at his own pace and doing things his way. He answers questions straight up without the usual song and dance routine the others go through.

i'm with you Steph Go Fred Go :salute:

I hear ya. The smartest thing he's done is let the pack run around without him. He treats them with the same disdain with which he treats the MSM.