PDA

View Full Version : Curtis Sliwa Explains the Riots

claudius2019
06-07-2020, 12:58 PM
YouTube is making it hard to find this, hope the link works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2jeAuLb4Gw

I love the classic "CSPAN" style long form interview format, so beware. I think this runs about 45 minutes. This guy has been there for decades, and tells it like it is, with no political agenda I can see, just decency and common sense. I think if George Carlin were still alive, he would talk a lot like this guy ("Don't trust any politician from any party!"). He's no stooge for Trump, but he knows the commie rat quite well.

Anyway, i think this guy is a true American hero, and would vote in a second to give him the Congressional Medal of Honor for what he's done for the cause of protecting people in situations where, for one reason or another, our paid well-armed police flat out refuse to.

jimnyc
06-07-2020, 12:59 PM
He just got the shit kicked out of him with a hammer in NYC trying to help others.

claudius2019
06-07-2020, 01:12 PM
That did indeed happen, but he explains the many similarities between these riots and what happened in 1968, which I had never heard anyone else talk about.

The first 5 minutes of the video should probably be skipped, TBH.

jimnyc
06-07-2020, 02:09 PM
Oh, I'm not putting him down. I grew up in NJ and now live in NY, so I've watched much of him since he was a younger guy. They do a lotta good and he's been a damn good leader. I thought it pathetic that someone would attack him with a hammer for doing the right thing and protecting property.

claudius2019
06-07-2020, 02:27 PM
Oh, I'm not putting him down. I grew up in NJ and now live in NY, so I've watched much of him since he was a younger guy. They do a lotta good and he's been a damn good leader. I thought it pathetic that someone would attack him with a hammer for doing the right thing and protecting property.

But when they did attack him, notice they did it in the most cowardly way imaginable, even with 100 to 1 odds. And yet the SOB rioters ultimately failed. :laugh:

I guess it's true that a single person who has principle and conviction (and God obviously) can often beat 100 people, if those hundred are only in it for the money.