PDA

View Full Version : Anyone See The Amazon Website Lately?

High_Plains_Drifter
06-09-2020, 09:21 AM
There's a huge, BLACK LIVES MATTER banner at the top of the page, and they're expressing that they STAND WITH BLM.

Well, OK then, I just got done sending Amazon a feedback email that said I won't order another item until it's GONE, and if it stays up there much longer, I'll be canceling all my accounts with them. I think Bezo's pandering is disgusting, and I think his WashPo rag is one of the worst ass wipe rags on the planet. I've been rethinking how bad I need Amazon lately, and there are alternatives. Although they're very convenient, they're not the one and only place to shop on the internet. There's also Tidal if you want HD streaming music.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-09-2020, 09:52 AM
Looks like they're also facing a LOT of heat over this...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089NHK2RN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_WN53EbCAN89TC?fbclid=IwAR2kCW QKnRdbGacfb3cZs5EosngY2DayKzFmBhavcfJVpZlnubg4dJb6 rHU

... and this...

https://i.ibb.co/m60TRhT/102765270-946338822492004-3276626819199211538-o.jpg

I highly doubt Bezo's will give a rats ass. He's so rich he doesn't care. Go from being worth $100B to $80B... pfft... big deal. He'll do what he wants.

I'll also do what I want, and I'm seriously considering canceling all my Amazon accounts at this point.

Evmetro
06-09-2020, 09:58 AM
There's a huge, BLACK LIVES MATTER banner at the top of the page, and they're expressing that they STAND WITH BLM.

Well, OK then, I just got done sending Amazon a feedback email that said I won't order another item until it's GONE, and if it stays up there much longer, I'll be canceling all my accounts with them. I think Bezo's pandering is disgusting, and I think his WashPo rag is one of the worst ass wipe rags on the planet. I've been rethinking how bad I need Amazon lately, and there are alternatives. Although they're very convenient, they're not the one and only place to shop on the internet. There's also Tidal if you want HD streaming music.

I have to see it when I go to OAN. Disgusting,

NightTrain
06-09-2020, 10:46 AM
Honestly, I don't know how you guys put up with ads like that. I saw that banner exactly one time, and now it's blocked forever when I told my computer never to display it again.

Download AdBlock for Chrome. Seriously. You'll wonder why you put up with all that crap for so long.

Bezos already responded to critics yesterday about this, and said he doesn't want customers who aren't totally on board with the BLM crap.

Evmetro
06-09-2020, 10:54 AM
Honestly, I don't know how you guys put up with ads like that. I saw that banner exactly one time, and now it's blocked forever when I told my computer never to display it again.

Download AdBlock for Chrome. Seriously. You'll wonder why you put up with all that crap for so long.

Bezos already responded to critics yesterday about this, and said he doesn't want customers who aren't totally on board with the BLM crap.

I watch OAN on Amazon firestick. Looks like I'm stuck with the banner.

NightTrain
06-09-2020, 11:17 AM
I watch OAN on Amazon firestick. Looks like I'm stuck with the banner.

Oh. Yep, you don't have that option there. Roku won't allow that either.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-09-2020, 11:27 AM

I have AdBlock on Chrome, but that won't stop the banner. The AdBlocker is blocking TEN of something, but the banner remains.

Yeah I'm sick of it. I'm going to wrap up my Amazon dealings and be done with Bezos. I'm not looking at that CRAP every time I go there. I have cash back coming on my Amazon store card. Going to have that applied to the balance and as soon as that posts, cancel the card, then cancel the Amazon music, then cancel the Prime... done, over. I'm not looking at BLM plastered in a massive banner. It's not on walmart, or ebay, or wayfair, etc, etc... ONLY ON FUCKING AMAZON.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-09-2020, 11:46 AM
Well, everything closed and canceled far as Amazon, and now I'm fucked for music. Tidal is the only other HD streaming option, and it's owned by blacks, and most of the music on there is all rap and hip hop bull shit, and they don't have any music picks or suggestion tools, and it's EXPENSIVE... shit. What now... back to Spotify with their shitty sounding music I guess, after I just dropped $3,000 on a high end amp.

I don't know why Amazon has to get all POLITICAL. Just sell your shit and STFU ABOUT SJW GARBAGE... damn this pisses me off.

jimnyc
06-09-2020, 11:51 AM
I have AdBlock on Chrome, but that won't stop the banner. The AdBlocker is blocking TEN of something, but the banner remains.

Yeah I'm sick of it. I'm going to wrap up my Amazon dealings and be done with Bezos. I'm not looking at that CRAP every time I go there. I have cash back coming on my Amazon store card. Going to have that applied to the balance and as soon as that posts, cancel the card, then cancel the Amazon music, then cancel the Prime... done, over. I'm not looking at BLM plastered in a massive banner. It's not on walmart, or ebay, or wayfair, etc, etc... ONLY ON FUCKING AMAZON.

Cause it's not an ad ad normal, it's a banner.

If Adblock is installed, simply right click on that banner and choose "block element" and never see it again.

NightTrain
06-09-2020, 12:41 PM

If Adblock is installed, simply right click on that banner and choose "block element" and never see it again.

Exactly.

Right click, block this ad, first option blocks that stupid picture. Block it. Done.

Presto! No more Bezos Bullshit.

NightTrain
06-09-2020, 12:46 PM
Well, everything closed and canceled far as Amazon, and now I'm fucked for music. Tidal is the only other HD streaming option, and it's owned by blacks, and most of the music on there is all rap and hip hop bull shit, and they don't have any music picks or suggestion tools, and it's EXPENSIVE... shit. What now... back to Spotify with their shitty sounding music I guess, after I just dropped $3,000 on a high end amp.

I don't know why Amazon has to get all POLITICAL. Just sell your shit and STFU ABOUT SJW GARBAGE... damn this pisses me off.

I download all my music to my phone. Streaming has commercials and homey doesn't play that.

Use this : https://ytmp3.cc/en13/

It takes any youtube video (use the official one for highest quality), strips the video and downloads the audio.

I have thousands of songs downloaded to my phone, just hit the Shuffle function when playing it and you're listening to the tunes you like, whether you have cell service or not. I bluetooth to the vehicle's radio or a bluetooth speaker setup out at the cabin.

And it's all free.

Black Diamond
06-09-2020, 12:48 PM
I download all my music to my phone. Streaming has commercials and homey doesn't play that.

Use this : https://ytmp3.cc/en13/

It takes any youtube video (use the official one for highest quality), strips the video and downloads the audio.

I have thousands of songs downloaded to my phone, just hit the Shuffle function when playing it and you're listening to the tunes you like, whether you have cell service or not. I bluetooth to the vehicle's radio or a bluetooth speaker setup out at the cabin.

And it's all free.

Yeah my problem with YouTube has been the ads and some pretentious ass wipe telling me for the 100th time to stay home for covid.

NightTrain
06-09-2020, 12:51 PM
Yeah my problem with YouTube has been the ads and some pretentious ass wipe telling me for the 100th time to stay home for covid.

You guys are killing me.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adblock-%E2%80%94-best-ad-blocker/gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom?hl=en-US

Click that and you'll never see another ad in your videos.

Black Diamond
06-09-2020, 01:16 PM
You guys are killing me.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adblock-%E2%80%94-best-ad-blocker/gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom?hl=en-US

I'd rather bitch. :laugh:

NightTrain
06-09-2020, 01:52 PM
I'd rather bitch. :laugh:

:bang3:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-09-2020, 02:10 PM
About --black lives matter. It is the invisible first word that matters.
And they have kept it that way fora reason. To not expose it yet.
When they get us all down on our knees and begging them for crumbs they plan on
actually printing the full sentence.
The invisible first word is --
"ONLY"

, as in-

Only Black Lives Matter. As that is the true intent of it.
Anybody that thinks it is not the true intent is about as smart as a damn brick, imho.
I am about as sick of seeing white Americans pander to this ffing shit as a man can get.
Any idiots that are ever dumb enough spout that idiotic shit to me face to face , I plan on spitting on.
nuff said.. I have always liked to be clear on my stands.. -Tyr

claudius2019
06-09-2020, 02:20 PM
I left Amazon years ago, never going back now. I get ripped off on every 3rd or 4th transaction on Ebay, but at least I'm not supporting that cockroach-eater.

The Covid shutdowns have eliminated much of the remaining competition for huge companies like Walmart and Amazon. I can certainly envision a day, as foretold in the book of Revelation, where the remaining companies could easily say, "Take this BLM mark, on your hand and forehead, or we won't do business with you, and you'll fucking starve to death."

LongTermGuy
06-09-2020, 04:08 PM
You guys are killing me.

Gee...I was wondering why I have no problems with Youtube...I watch many free movies there.:laugh:

Abbey Marie
06-09-2020, 04:38 PM
I believe you of course, but can you post a photo of what you see? I just went to Amazon, and there’s no banner for me. Not on the homepage and not when I do a product search.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-09-2020, 04:49 PM

Well FRY MY BUTTONS... no more banner... DAAAAAAANG.

I did not know that... THANK YOU you guys... DAAAYYYUUUMMM that's useful.

Now I want my Amazon back... :laugh:

My thing with the Amazon Music HD is that it streams at 1,411Kbps on HD, and 3,730Kbps on Ultra HD, and that just kills everybody else. Most ALL the others stream at a meager, mp3 quality 320Kbps, and that's just crap compared on a high end audio system. The difference is starkly evident. So Amazon Music truly is the best streaming music that's feature rich on the internet, FOR THE AUDIOPHILE.

Tidal HiFi is good too, but like I say, it's "artist owned," and mostly black, so if you like rap and/or hip hop, or any of this new disgusting pop, then you'll like Tidal, because that's what they push at you. For me, NO FREAKIN' THANK YOU.

https://support.tidal.com/hc/en-us/articles/203055651-Artist-Owned

High_Plains_Drifter
06-09-2020, 04:55 PM
I believe you of course, but can you post a photo of what you see? I just went to Amazon, and there’s no banner for me. Not on the homepage and not when I do a product search. Abbey

https://i.ibb.co/JtGPn0C/blm.jpg (https://ibb.co/qjcwBXx)

claudius2019
06-09-2020, 05:27 PM
I quit banking at Chase Bank, when they started having pro-gay ads, on their ATM's, where there was no way to avoid them. Bastards. Around the same time, it had come out in the news that Chase was closing accounts, and refusing to to business with conservative people like gun dealers, who were too yucky for a PC bank to have to even look at, much less do business with. :(

Big companies almost universally go for this same left wing bs, so it must be good for business. We've seen that, by virtue of how many mom and pop businesses will go under, all because of this nonsense foisted on us by our TV sets. Which changes hour by hour, and day by day.

Hot Dogger
06-09-2020, 06:27 PM
I do like that Blue Lives Murder t-shirt. :clap:

Hot Dogger
06-09-2020, 06:32 PM
I believe you of course, but can you post a photo of what you see? I just went to Amazon, and there’s no banner for me. Not on the homepage and not when I do a product search.

High Plains Drifter, it could be Amazon is using tracking cookies to send you targeted ads. Have you recently done any web searches or visit any websites regarding watermelon, fried chicken, basketball, or crack cocaine? No, I'm not joking, that's how those Amazon tracking cookies roll.

Evmetro
06-09-2020, 06:35 PM
I do like that Blue Lives Murder t-shirt. :clap:

From the statistics that I have seen, a black lives murder t shirt would be more appropriate.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-09-2020, 06:46 PM
High Plains Drifter, it could be Amazon is using tracking cookies to send you targeted ads. Have you recently done any web searches or visit any websites regarding watermelon, fried chicken, basketball, or crack cocaine? No, I'm not joking, that's how those Amazon tracking cookies roll.
I have Bitdefender antivirus, and it has an anti tracker... I use it.

Hot Dogger
06-09-2020, 07:25 PM

Drifter, you ever looked into Bluebeat for streaming music? It used to be free but I think it's still really cheap.

Hot Dogger
06-09-2020, 07:27 PM
From the statistics that I have seen, a black lives murder t shirt would be more appropriate.

I could have a whole ensemble, blue on sunny days, black on overcast days.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-10-2020, 04:41 AM
Drifter, you ever looked into Bluebeat for streaming music? It used to be free but I think it's still really cheap.
Yeah that's an app for Apple products, and also another mp3 streamer. I'm a high end audiophile geek, so I'm looking for the best, high definition streaming I can possibly get... which unfortunately is Amazon. I appreciate the thought though.

I see Amazon Prime Video has the same dumbass, in your face, huge BLM banner. I hope a ton of people dump Amazon.

claudius2019
06-10-2020, 06:33 AM
I buy used CD's at the thrift store for $1.00 each, them rip them to high bitrate MP3's, and play them in my car on a flash drive. That way I always have a backup copy of the original disc, at full fidelity.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-10-2020, 06:45 AM
I buy used CD's at the thrift store for $1.00 each, them rip them to high bitrate MP3's, and play them in my car on a flash drive. That way I always have a backup copy of the original disc, at full fidelity.
What is a "high bitrate mp3?" Anything recorded in mp3 is going to be a compressed file, so definitely not lossless. You'd have to rip it as an WMA file, or FLAC, something of that sort to have a lossless file. The transfer rate and the sample rate are two completely different things...

https://www.presonus.com/learn/technical-articles/sample-rate-and-bit-depth#:~:text=The%20rate%20of%20capture%20and,it%2 0applies%20to%20digital%20audio.

claudius2019
06-10-2020, 07:07 AM
What is a "high bitrate mp3?" Anything recorded in mp3 is going to be a compressed file, so definitely not lossless. You'd have to rip it as an WMA file, or FLAC, something of that sort to have a lossless file. The transfer rate and the sample rate are two completely different things...

https://www.presonus.com/learn/technical-articles/sample-rate-and-bit-depth#:~:text=The%20rate%20of%20capture%20and,it%2 0applies%20to%20digital%20audio.

My car stereo only plays MP3 files, and CD's. My car speakers are crap anyway, plus I'm dealing with road noise. So avoiding any sort of compression is not a big deal for me. I love the idea of having hundreds of albums at my fingertips, from CD's I bought legitimately, held on a tiny flash drive that fits in the palm of my hand.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-10-2020, 07:22 AM
My car stereo only plays MP3 files, and CD's. My car speakers are crap anyway, plus I'm dealing with road noise. So avoiding any sort of compression is not a big deal for me. I love the idea of having hundreds of albums at my fingertips, from CD's I bought legitimately, held on a tiny flash drive that fits in the palm of my hand.
Absolutely, having a ton of your own pics of music on hand is definitely sweet. The last aftermarket radio I installed in my old GMC, I made sure it had a USB input in the front, and I had a bunch of my songs on a thumb drive. A lot more convenient than fumbling with CD's.

I have the Amazon Music Unlimited ap on my phone now, and so long as I have cell service, which certainly isn't everywhere around here, I plug my phone into my radio in my new truck and listen to that, when I get bored with listening to SiriusXM.