View Full Version : Navy to ban confederate flag

Evmetro
06-09-2020, 06:05 PM
Shipmates, we have been taken.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/navy-bans-confederate-symbols-bases-warships

Disgusting.

revelarts
06-09-2020, 06:08 PM
What country does that flag represent again?

Evmetro
06-09-2020, 06:11 PM

The Land of the Free! God bless America!

revelarts
06-09-2020, 06:23 PM
The Land of the Free! God bless America!

It represents/represented the land of the "free"? really?

claudius2019
06-09-2020, 06:25 PM
Decades of relentless pressure, by left wing activists, were what got this win. Heck, us conservatives should hire some of the best ones over to our side, to fight our battles for us. Has that ever been done, I wonder?

Hot Dogger
06-09-2020, 06:46 PM
Good, that symbol isn't loyal to America, it's a symbol loyal to the Crown and Satan. Screw all you Southern jamokes with your klan robes and Jesus fixation, we beat you fair and square and we can and will do it again if necessary.

icansayit
06-09-2020, 06:57 PM

Getting rid of reminders of our History whether it was good or bad is dangerous to all societies.

Erasing History leaves YOU to become the VICTIM...https://www.brainyquote.com/photos_tr/en/g/georgesantayana/101521/georgesantayana1-2x.jpg

Getting rid of History is dangerous because our young people are prevented from experiencing life the way those before them had to live it. Today...if their batteries run out, or they drop their phone. THEY ARE DOOMED and HELPLESS.

Hot Dogger
06-09-2020, 07:22 PM
Getting rid of reminders of our History whether it was good or bad is dangerous to all societies.

Erasing History leaves YOU to become the VICTIM...

Getting rid of History is dangerous because our young people are prevented from experiencing life the way those before them had to live it. Today...if their batteries run out, or they drop their phone. THEY ARE DOOMED and HELPLESS.

I see, so perhaps we should display swastikas and hammers and sickles to thwart Nazism and Communism. And if the Palestinians wear Stars of David t-shirts, perhaps that'll end their genocide at the hands of Zionism. Golly, those are really great ideas - for maniacs.

I'm drinking Scottish breakfast tea at the moment, "Scotty, beam me the hell out of here.'"

:coffee:

Evmetro
06-09-2020, 07:33 PM
Good, that symbol isn't loyal to America, it's a symbol loyal to the Crown and Satan. Screw all you Southern jamokes with your klan robes and Jesus fixation, we beat you fair and square and we can and will do it again if necessary.

Lol, I'm no southerner. I am pretty loyal to the history books though, and I don't want to see history rewritten by lefties.

LongTermGuy
06-09-2020, 08:46 PM

You forgot? `American history`....called `civil war`....Leftist / liberals / Democrats want to wipe out AMERICAN history..."Democrats" the true racist hate American history...

icansayit
06-09-2020, 08:49 PM
I see, so perhaps we should display swastikas and hammers and sickles to thwart Nazism and Communism. And if the Palestinians wear Stars of David t-shirts, perhaps that'll end their genocide at the hands of Zionism. Golly, those are really great ideas - for maniacs.

I'm drinking Scottish breakfast tea at the moment, "Scotty, beam me the hell out of here.'"

:coffee:

For the sake of ALL MANKIND who has a brain. BEAM HIM UP!

icansayit
06-09-2020, 08:51 PM

https://previews.123rf.com/images/bearsky23/bearsky231610/bearsky23161000060/64854074-black-lives-matter-illustration-with-strong-fist-and-flag.jpg

Black Diamond
06-09-2020, 08:54 PM
https://previews.123rf.com/images/bearsky23/bearsky231610/bearsky23161000060/64854074-black-lives-matter-illustration-with-strong-fist-and-flag.jpg

Ban that one as if certainly doesn't represent a country.

icansayit
06-09-2020, 09:02 PM
Never saw, knew of, used, had anyone talk about SUCH A FLAG.

ONLY ONE FLAG We served. And there are too many A-HOLES in the U.S. who disrespect it.

INCLUDING THE NBA, NFL, and the ENTIRE DEMOCRAT CONGRESS.

Who cares about arguing over a flag anyway? Aren't there more important things happening?

https://media-exp1.licdn.com/dms/image/C561BAQEfMgbhQRcCiQ/company-background_10000/0?e=2159024400&v=beta&t=u5-imi-AetepKyCDAMh47lt4CaHTt5C3tdPjXO9Cp-8

Gunny
06-09-2020, 09:17 PM
The US Navy "banning" (is it the Flag of the CSA? Or the "Stars and Bars which officially was never more than a unit battle standard?) is great.

It's not an official, nor officially recognized, flag of anything. NOW, the United States Navy is taking it upon itself to officially recognize the CSA as an institution having a flag as its symbol?

Further, the USN is openly discriminating against a personal choice for Sailors and Marines but not others. I don't see BLM mentioned. Maybe their flag is more up to date? You know, when 13% of the US population wins a terrorist war against the People of the United States :rolleyes:

The gesture by the USN is lame.

icansayit
06-09-2020, 09:45 PM
The US Navy "banning" (is it the Flag of the CSA? Or the "Stars and Bars which officially was never more than a unit battle standard?) is great.

It's not an official, nor officially recognized, flag of anything. NOW, the United States Navy is taking it upon itself to officially recognize the CSA as an institution having a flag as its symbol?

Further, the USN is openly discriminating against a personal choice for Sailors and Marines but not others. I don't see BLM mentioned. Maybe their flag is more up to date? You know, when 13% of the US population wins a terrorist war against the People of the United States :rolleyes:

The gesture by the USN is lame.

Leftover Obama pledges who got their STARS because they agreed all the time with Obama, still have a lot of pull there. The DOD is still the biggest Political Agency in the Govt. I remember having to order a tiny Washer, and Screw for a teletype machine (came in qty of 100) and it cost the Supply Dept. of the Navy..almost $800 bucks. Ooop's...not supposed to say that. It was supposed to be a secret...just like that Air Force $400 toilet seat.

Evmetro
06-09-2020, 09:46 PM

Exactly! You have done a better job than anybody on this thread so far at illustrating why it is so bad to erase history. The goal of those who want to erase history is for people to ask what you just did. Next, they will rewrite the history books and eliminate all the "hate speech" so that kids will grow up with an alternative version of history. I went to a university book store a couple weeks ago, and noticed that there were no books on capitalism or civics, so the rewriting of history is already underway.

revelarts
06-10-2020, 08:03 AM
Ok "Erase History".

I've been against that since the 1980's when I realized that the left had started taking the historically Christian aspects of history out of textbooks across the country. They also moved to demonize the "old white men" and ideas of western tradition. Rather than what should happen, simply add-on the negative aspects of western history that have been previously glossed over (erased). Seems to me that it's not an either or question. BOTH are a part of all of world history.

But I've never really understood how removing a Confederate flag from official gov't property, or moving statues from the town square to museums, private collections or even storage (like a lot of historical items) is "erasing history". If people don't see a statue every day going to work does that means that people will forget all the history and -cough-glory-cough- that was the confederacy?

So I'm not sure how not having the Confederate flag fly on navy ship makes history go away. Anymore than the change of military uniforms from civil war style to today's styles means that either the gray or blue uniforms of that period are "erased" from history. People seems to remember them just fine without them being worn by soldiers or sailors for over 100+ years. Heck, even the official U.S. flags have changed and been retired over time and we remember all of them... even though they rarely, if ever, fly.

So yes, While i'd agree in GENERAL that the left wants to "erase", memory-hole and reinterpret some history. I don't think it helps KEEP "history" if we pretend that removing/retiring a flag from official gov't life means that it's history will somehow be lost.
History is not going anywhere, but the official display and embrace of a confederate flag is not necessary for that flag or the Confederacy or whatever some people THINK that flag means to be remembered.
But the real battle for teaching ALL of history -the good bad and ugly-- to students and our neighbors is a real and ongoing.
And sadly both the left and the right to often like to candy-coat, "erase" or just ignore some history and it's effects... sheesh, even current events.

Evmetro
06-10-2020, 08:21 AM
Ok "Erase History".

I've been against that since the 1980's when I realized that the left had started taking the historically Christian aspects of history out of textbooks across the country. They also moved to demonize the "old white men" and ideas of western tradition. Rather than what should happen, simply add-on the negative aspects of western history that have been previously glossed over (erased). Seems to me that it's not an either or question. BOTH are a part of all of world history.

But I've never really understood how removing a Confederate flag from official gov't property, or moving statues from the town square to museums, private collections or even storage (like a lot of historical items) is "erasing history". If people don't see a statue every day going to work does that means that people will forget all the history and -cough-glory-cough- that was the confederacy?

So I'm not sure how not having the Confederate flag fly on navy ship makes history go away. Anymore than the change of military uniforms from civil war style to today's styles means that either the gray or blue uniforms of that period are "erased" from history. People seems to remember them just fine without them being worn by soldiers or sailors for over 100+ years. Heck, even the official U.S. flags have changed and been retired over time and we remember all of them... even though they rarely, if ever, fly.

So yes, While i'd agree in GENERAL that the left wants to "erase", memory-hole and reinterpret some history. I don't think it helps KEEP "history" if we pretend that removing/retiring a flag from official gov't life means that it's history will somehow be lost.
History is not going anywhere, but the official display and embrace of a confederate flag is not necessary for that flag or the Confederacy or whatever some people THINK that flag means to be remembered.
But the real battle for teaching ALL of history -the good bad and ugly-- to students and our neighbors is a real and ongoing.
And sadly both the left and the right to often like to candy-coat, "erase" or just ignore some history and it's effects... sheesh, even current events.

The problem with the left's quest to erase that flag is that it is not limited to just ships. Lefties erase history the same way they dismantle western civilization. Little changes over a long time. Topple historical monuments, remove confederate flag sales from big tech sales platforms, remove it from ships, remove it from history books, remove it from everywhere. Each time is just another altruistic harmless little step, but the end result is that future generations cannot find the real history. They don't even know to look for it, they can only research history from a lefty point of view. Erasing that flag, even if it is just one from a restroom door, is erasing history and supporting lefty agenda.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-10-2020, 08:46 AM
Well while we're at it, let's just have a nice BOOK BURNING BONFIRE.

Fuck history, who needs to know history? Just make it up. Make up whatever lilly ass shit that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy in your little snowflake bubble, since apparently, the TRUTH is too much for your delicate little ass to bear.

All this STERILIZING HISTORY is ALL being done by LEFTISTS... ALL of it. Why is that?

claudius2019
06-10-2020, 04:06 PM
Well while we're at it, let's just have a nice BOOK BURNING BONFIRE.

Fuck history, who needs to know history? Just make it up. Make up whatever lilly ass shit that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy in your little snowflake bubble, since apparently, the TRUTH is too much for your delicate little ass to bear.

All this STERILIZING HISTORY is ALL being done by LEFTISTS... ALL of it. Why is that?

I don't really understand the urgency to flush 5000 years of civilization down the toilet, just like that, as if it were nothing.

Are things that terrible in this country here in America 2020? I honestly don't see it, and i don't think most people who work, pay taxes, and follow the law are down with it, TBH. We're the ones footing the bill here, shouldn't we have at least SOME say in how our own country is run?