PDA

View Full Version : Kathy Griffin:"Suck it, Jesus."

theHawk
09-13-2007, 10:01 AM
I never liked Kathy Griffin to begin with.....

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Comic Kathy Griffin's "offensive" remarks about Jesus at the Creative Arts Emmy Awards will be cut from a pre-taped telecast of the show, the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences said on Tuesday.

Griffin made the provocative comment on Saturday night as she took the stage of the Shrine Auditorium to collect her Emmy for best reality program for her Bravo channel show "My Life on the D-List."

"A lot of people come up here and thank Jesus for this award. I want you to know that no one had less to do with this award than Jesus," an exultant Griffin said, holding up her statuette. "Suck it, Jesus. This award is my god now."

Asked about her speech backstage a short time later, an unrepentant Griffin added, "I hope I offended some people. I didn't want to win the Emmy for nothing."

The speech drew fire from a leading Roman Catholic group, the Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights, which condemned Griffin's remarks as "obscene and blasphemous."

"It is a sure bet that if Griffin had said, 'Suck it, Muhammad,' there would have been a very different reaction," Catholic league president Bill Donohue said in a statement posted on the group's Web site. He called on TV academy president Dick Askin to denounce Griffin's "hate speech" and on Griffin to apologize.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070911/people_nm/griffin_emmys_dc

LiberalNation
09-13-2007, 10:02 AM
Funny, people are too sensative. Comments like this are what she's known for.

Abbey Marie
09-13-2007, 10:08 AM
Another B entertainer looking to stir up some interest in her flagging career.

darin
09-13-2007, 10:10 AM
She DID commit 'Hate Speech' - but frankly....I don't care. I bet Jesus doesn't either. He's not mad...he pities her.

LN: Your comment doesn't make sense to me. Are you saying "because she's known to be rude, people are too sensitive?"

"It is a sure bet that if Griffin had said, 'Suck it, Muhammad,' there would have been a very different reaction,"

If she HAD....

http://sixmeatbuffet.com/images/carburn1.jpg

http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/muslims_threaten-holocaust-over-cartoon.jpg

(HEY! ONE of those signs is RIGHT ON!)

http://boortz.com/images/muslim_cartoon_protests.jpg

POOR RONALD!

http://hotair.cachefly.net/media.michellemalkin.com/archives/images/pak005.jpg

Hagbard Celine
09-13-2007, 11:03 AM

Hey, she did win an emmy. :dunno: Frankly, I understand how some would feel insulted by this comment, but the outrage I've seen in the media and on the Internet and elsewhere is way over the top in my opinion. This hits on the same issue as the Don Imus controversy did. Sure, Griffin insulted some people, but what she said isn't illegal and I don't even think it's as bad as what Imus said. Imus actually uttered a racial slur at a group of living, real-life women. Griffin never attacked Christians nor Catholics. She addressed Jesus point blank. Unless I'm mistaken, it isn't the duty of people here on earth to defend Jesus. If he really is the son of God, he can take care of himself. My point is, some may be horrified that she'd say what she said, but taking "insult" from it is a bit ridiculous and frankly egotistical imo.

darin
09-13-2007, 11:05 AM
Right - I'm a free-speech kinda guy. The only SAD part is the 'double-standard'. Where's "The Reverend" Al Sharpton bitching and complaining? Where are the other ankle-biters calling for some sort of 'apology'? Good for Kath for NOT apologizing.

Dilloduck
09-13-2007, 11:08 AM
Griffin never attacked Christians nor Catholics. She addressed Jesus point blank.

Now there's an interesting rationalization. :lol:

Hagbard Celine
09-13-2007, 11:08 AM
Right - I'm a free-speech kinda guy. The only SAD part is the 'double-standard'. Where's "The Reverend" Al Sharpton bitching and complaining? Where are the other ankle-biters calling for some sort of 'apology'? Good for Kath for NOT apologizing.

It's not really a, quote, "black" issue, so I wouldn't expect to hear from those guys on this issue. I agree that those guys are certainly racists though.

Hagbard Celine
09-13-2007, 11:09 AM
Now there's an interesting rationalization. :lol:

Eh, it was a joke. Getoverit.

darin
09-13-2007, 11:09 AM
Griffin never attacked Christians nor Catholics. She addressed Jesus point blank.

I'm sorry - but that is HILARIOUS!! LMAO :)

Islamo-terrorists didn't attack the USA...they only attacked the Twin Towers...

Right?

GW in Ohio
09-13-2007, 11:10 AM
Ms. Griffin needs to be careful. Some of these friends of Jesus are not wrapped very tightly, and they have guns.

Dilloduck
09-13-2007, 11:13 AM
Eh, it was a joke. Getoverit.

Oh sure it was ------:laugh2:

darin
09-13-2007, 11:15 AM
Ms. Griffin needs to be careful. Some of these friends of Jesus are not wrapped very tightly, and they have guns.

Stupid. (sigh)

-Cp
09-13-2007, 11:32 AM

And.. once again, we have GW in Ohio's uncanny ability to lower the IQ points of everyone else in a thread by posting something so stupid.

Hagbard Celine
09-13-2007, 12:07 PM
Oh sure it was ------:laugh2:

Uh, ok. You do know Kathy Griffin is a comedian right? Comedians make jokes. What do think it is? A meaningful commentary on religion? Gimme a break.

Hagbard Celine
09-13-2007, 12:09 PM
I'm sorry - but that is HILARIOUS!! LMAO :)

Islamo-terrorists didn't attack the USA...they only attacked the Twin Towers...

Right?

Yeah, because Kathy Griffin is JUST LIKE RADICAL ISLAMISTS. Way to find the parallel there (hint:there really is no parallel, you're completely nuts). Please elaborate on how "suck it, Jesus" is an attack on Christians.

That's like saying "suck it Jesse Jackson" is an attack on blacks. :rolleyes:

Dilloduck
09-13-2007, 12:11 PM
Uh, ok. You do know Kathy Griffin is a comedian right? Comedians make jokes. What do think it is? A meaningful commentary on religion? Gimme a break.

Tell the muslims that will ya ? Christians don't kill when offended nor do they kill someone simply because they belong to another religion.

Hagbard Celine
09-13-2007, 12:12 PM
Tell muslims that will ya ? Christians don't kill when offended nor do they kill someone simply because they belong to another religion.
I don't want to "tell Muslims" anything. I'd be happy if I never met another Muslim for as long as I live. Everybody knows that militant Islamists are basically cavemen. You can't hold them to our standards. We're lucky if they take a bath once a year, don't even try to explain "freedom of speech" to them. It's an alien concept to them. It's like teaching math to a pig.

darin
09-13-2007, 12:17 PM
Yeah, because Kathy Griffin is JUST LIKE RADICAL ISLAMISTS. Way to find the parallel there (hint:there really is no parallel, you're completely nuts). Please elaborate on how "suck it, Jesus" is an attack on Christians.

That's like saying "suck it Jesse Jackson" is an attack on blacks. :rolleyes:

You REALLY have trouble following sometimes...

YOU wrote "She wasn't attacking CHRISTIANS...just their GOD."

I said that was laughable - it'd be as stupid as saying "The Muslim Terrorists weren't attacking the USA - just capitalism in NY"

YOU explain it.

PostmodernProphet
09-13-2007, 01:34 PM
never heard of her.....

Abbey Marie
09-13-2007, 01:49 PM
never heard of her.....

exactly.

09-13-2007, 03:41 PM

You mean D entertainer. Should probably drop her down to E or something.

Well, God tends to give people what they want. Id love to know how her award is going to save her.

Guernicaa
09-13-2007, 05:31 PM
Thats funny you guys care so much.
Comedians aren't meant to be taken litterally.
Especially her.

If she had said it about Mohammed, you guys would have laughed.
If she had said it about a homosexual, you guys would have laughed.

So frankly, all of you on this thread who are bitching can suck it.

Guernicaa
09-13-2007, 05:35 PM
You must not watch a lot of comedy.
She is very well known in the comedy world.

LiberalNation
09-13-2007, 06:24 PM
My life on the D list was a funny show. I'd say her career is climbing not flagging at all. She just won an emmy for goodness sakes.

Abbey Marie
09-13-2007, 06:41 PM
My life on the D list was a funny show. I'd say her career is climbing not flagging at all. She just won an emmy for goodness sakes.

Frankly, with all the crap on TV these days, winning an Emmy isn't that impressive.

LiberalNation
09-13-2007, 06:46 PM
Maybe not to you, does not mean her career is flagging.

Guernicaa
09-13-2007, 07:39 PM
Conservatives need to stop being losers and endorse current American culture. All they have is bad things to say about it.

A question to think about:
Back in the 50's and 60's, you know, the "good stuff", what do you think conservative who had grown up in the 30's and 40's were saying about culture in the 50's and 60's?

Pretty much what todays conservatives are saying.

Dilloduck
09-13-2007, 08:53 PM
Conservatives need to stop being losers and endorse current American culture. All they have is bad things to say about it.

Back in the 50's and 60's, you know, the "good stuff", what do you think conservative who had grown up in the 30's and 40's were saying about culture in the 50's and 60's?

Which part of current American culture do you think is particularly lacking in endorsements ?

5stringJeff
09-14-2007, 08:34 AM
I never liked Kathy Griffin to begin with.....

"A lot of people come up here and thank Jesus for this award. I want you to know that no one had less to do with this award than Jesus," an exultant Griffin said, holding up her statuette. "Suck it, Jesus. This award is my god now."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070911/people_nm/griffin_emmys_dc

She'll have a chance to explain those remarks, face-to-face. Let's hope she changes her heart before that.

09-14-2007, 04:48 PM

you seriously have me laughing out loud here. You think disagreeing with the hollywood culture is unamerican and makes you a loser? How difficult is it really to follow the crowd?

The Hollywood culture is an illusion of reality. They pretend all these things such as drinking, partying, drugs, premarital sex, etc will make you happy. When all they do is destroy your life and the lives of those around you.

The Hollywood culture is a disease that is going to destroy this nation if we dont fight back.

chesswarsnow
09-16-2007, 09:05 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Its really criminal what she said.
2. I think what she has said will definitely destroy her career.
3. She will of course not be over looked by Jesus, now that's going to hurt.
4. Well she made her bed, now, and in doing it on this larger a scale, I think she's toasted.
5. I suppose she could take it back, and make amends.
6. But maybe she said a whole mouth full of cr@p, that I think is going to be a little hard to take back now.
7. Keep an eye on her, I am sure her life is just about to turn into a open sewer hole.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

eighballsidepocket
09-22-2007, 04:04 PM
Hey, she did win an emmy. :dunno: Frankly, I understand how some would feel insulted by this comment, but the outrage I've seen in the media and on the Internet and elsewhere is way over the top in my opinion. This hits on the same issue as the Don Imus controversy did. Sure, Griffin insulted some people, but what she said isn't illegal and I don't even think it's as bad as what Imus said. Imus actually uttered a racial slur at a group of living, real-life women. Griffin never attacked Christians nor Catholics. She addressed Jesus point blank. Unless I'm mistaken, it isn't the duty of people here on earth to defend Jesus. If he really is the son of God, he can take care of himself. My point is, some may be horrified that she'd say what she said, but taking "insult" from it is a bit ridiculous and frankly egotistical imo.

Whats an Emmy?.... Did Mother Teresa get one? Princess Dianna's death totally covered up Mother Teresa's passing.

The "world" has a totally different set of rules, that detail what's "great" and what's "ok". Mother Teresa was, "ok", and she didn't get 40 tons of bouquets delivered to her funeral. She didn't talk it, she walked it.

That's how important an Emmy is. Just a like-minded group giving atta boys and atta girls to other like-minded folks. If she wants that award to be her god.....so be it. She was endowed by her Creator with free-will to make a outhouse a temple of worship to the god of Poop, if she so deems. Blinded with inner cataracts of the heart, she will some day hopefully see and regret her folly before it's too late. :(

Like to know if this comedian ever volunteered to work in a soup kitchen in the inner city. Just do it a few times and that old piece of metal called an Emmy won't seem like a god any more. Living in a bubble of a life is a most pitied human condition. :(

actsnoblemartin
09-23-2007, 12:39 AM
so should be able to say anything without any conquence?. If she said suck it mohammed, suck it blacks, suck it jews.

Or are you ok with this, because maybe, youre ok with making fun of a politically correct, safe target like christians, instead of a contreversial and dangerous group such as muslims or jews?

Funny, people are too sensative. Comments like this are what she's known for.

actsnoblemartin
09-23-2007, 12:43 AM
she is a fake boob'd, fake face'd, fake personality, christian-hating bigot.

If she had said this about any other religion, every liberal would be out there blasting her. But christians are dis-liked and hated by many on the left.

dont you know the old intellectualism, of were better then those conservatives.

I see the hate alot of secular people have for christians, they are not scared to say they dislike or hate it, but they have to courage to admit, they dislike/hate all religion.

God forbid, they get criticized for being honest, better to play it safe and politically correct.

same reason why white boy is ok but nigger is not.

Double standards are not ok.

actsnoblemartin
09-23-2007, 12:46 AM
absolutely briliant and absolutely true, if the liberals want the fairness doctrine so bad, how about every time a hollywood liberal bashes conservatives and traditional american values, a real american, who is average, not some idiot actor or singer, gets to rebutt. That way, american gets the whole story.

:laugh2:

you seriously have me laughing out loud here. You think disagreeing with the hollywood culture is unamerican and makes you a loser? How difficult is it really to follow the crowd?

The Hollywood culture is an illusion of reality. They pretend all these things such as drinking, partying, drugs, premarital sex, etc will make you happy. When all they do is destroy your life and the lives of those around you.

The Hollywood culture is a disease that is going to destroy this nation if we dont fight back.

actsnoblemartin
09-23-2007, 05:30 AM
but it wasnt funny what she said, it was just vile, she is not a nice human being. She is trash. She feels bad about herself, thats why she has to try to bring others down, to push herself up.