PDA

View Full Version : Well.....

dan
09-13-2007, 10:04 AM
NM left and now this half of the board is dead. Say what you want, at least he got SOME kind of discussion going, sometimes.

Abbey Marie
09-13-2007, 10:06 AM
The movie section is definitely slower, but otherwise, I think the lower half of the board is active as ever.

JohnDoe
09-13-2007, 10:11 AM
NM left and now this half of the board is dead. Say what you want, at least he got SOME kind of discussion going, sometimes.I miss him...he was fun, even though I disagreed with about everything he ever said....yet I miss him none the less. :( jd

dan
09-13-2007, 10:32 AM
The movie section is definitely slower, but otherwise, I think the lower half of the board is active as ever.

I dunno, I used to actually enjoy coming to work and seeing almost every forum having some sort of post in there, even if it was just a popcorn smilie. I got to work at 5 today, and from 5 until 9 or 10, there were something like five posts on this half of the board.

dan
09-13-2007, 10:32 AM
I should note the point of this thread is to get more people to post down here, not to get NM to come back!!!!!!!!!

Dilloduck
09-13-2007, 10:34 AM
I should note the point of this thread is to get more people to post down here, not to get NM to come back!!!!!!!!!

ok--bring it on! :dance:

Abbey Marie
09-13-2007, 10:40 AM

Go for it, Dan. We'll read your posts!

Posting volume often depends on the time of day. Generally speaking, things are not busy in the early morning, but pick up in the afternoon. At least I think so! I'm rarely here in the early morning. Jim would know the stats on it.

dan
09-13-2007, 10:53 AM
You people are just trying to slap me with a post-whore title! This is another conservative conspiracy, isn't it?!:laugh2:

Dilloduck
09-13-2007, 10:56 AM
You people are just trying to slap me with a post-whore title! This is another conservative conspiracy, isn't it?!:laugh2:

LOL post away. Your smart enough to tell if something is interesting or not.:laugh2:

manu1959
09-13-2007, 10:58 AM
I dunno, I used to actually enjoy coming to work and seeing almost every forum having some sort of post in there, even if it was just a popcorn smilie. I got to work at 5 today, and from 5 until 9 or 10, there were something like five posts on this half of the board.

busy day at work huh...........

dan
09-13-2007, 11:00 AM
busy day at work huh...........

It only takes a second to click on a link. :)

JohnDoe
09-13-2007, 01:01 PM
I dunno, I used to actually enjoy coming to work and seeing almost every forum having some sort of post in there, even if it was just a popcorn smilie. I got to work at 5 today, and from 5 until 9 or 10, there were something like five posts on this half of the board.i am usually an early riser and it was nice to have something new to read on the site at the time, and it was a guarantee that nevada had posted a kazillion, mostly useless trivia, threads by then! like i said, i miss him... and maybe it is more like you, cuz of all the activity he brought to the site.

ps. btw, did you settle the noisy neighbor problem?

jd

dan
09-13-2007, 01:34 PM
ps. btw, did you settle the noisy neighbor problem?

I ended up filing a complaint with management. It was totally anonymous, so I didn't have to look like the a-hole upstairs, especially considering I have to see them every day, and they've been pretty much silent ever since then. Problem solved, I hope!

Joan
09-13-2007, 02:33 PM
Must be nice having a job where you can get on the board. Before I retired, the company I worked for had a policy - accessing anything other than business related sites was grounds for instant dismissal. That ended my daily bingo sessions!!

Glad to hear you got the complaint in - hope they do something about it. If you want to hear some real redneck noise, go visit your brother Jeff!!

09-13-2007, 03:43 PM
I dont think its any slower. I think its actually easier not needing to sift through a bunch of crap.

jackass
09-13-2007, 04:18 PM
I agree with Avatar. I actually read all the posts now instead of just skimming them. Much better content.

remie
09-13-2007, 04:25 PM
I miss NM about like I would miss a icepick in the eye.

Mr. P
09-13-2007, 04:49 PM
I miss NM about like I would miss a icepick in the eye.

Or a great BIG external hemorrhoid!

JohnDoe
09-13-2007, 05:05 PM
Hahahahaha! YOU GUYS are just terrible!!!! But funny as heck!!!

I guess I did not know Nevada well enough and had only started joking around with him when he picked up and left....

It's just that I have been on a few message boards at this point, the past few years and every board had a Nevada or an RSR and I always found that underneath, there was ALWAYS a person, that I could like....even TM, when I first met her, she drove me nuts posting one cut and paste after another, I was not use to her "style" of posting, but then we got this poster named WilliamRLawrence, WRL for short, and he was a person on the right, that posted one article after another, only he never even commented or debated at all.... but that was him, and I was okay with that...

And then felt priviledged ONCE I got the politics out of the way and was able to become "personal" with them, when I was able to know their "Back Story"...

Once, I was part of a message board that went through a period where it did not have their key people posting one article after another, their "Nevada's and RSR's", and the site became boring...just outright boring, cuz the rest of us were too lazy to do our own surfing and cutting and pasting to begin an argument...we had gotten so used to the fact that some true zealot from both the sides of the aisle, would "be there" to do it for us!!! hahahaha...gosh, this is what you call getting more mellow the older one gets I suppose... :(

Anyway, just thought I would "share" that with ya!!! lol :eek:

jd

Mr. P
09-13-2007, 05:29 PM
Hahahahaha! YOU GUYS are just terrible!!!! But funny as heck!!!

I guess I did not know Nevada well enough and had only started joking around with him when he picked up and left....

It's just that I have been on a few message boards at this point, the past few years and every board had a Nevada or an RSR and I always found that underneath, there was ALWAYS a person, that I could like....even TM, when I first met her, she drove me nuts posting one cut and paste after another, I was not use to her "style" of posting, but then we got this poster named WilliamRLawrence, WRL for short, and he was a person on the right, that posted one article after another, only he never even commented or debated at all.... but that was him, and I was okay with that...

And then felt priviledged ONCE I got the politics out of the way and was able to become "personal" with them, when I was able to know their "Back Story"...

Once, I was part of a message board that went through a period where it did not have their key people posting one article after another, their "Nevada's and RSR's", and the site became boring...just outright boring, cuz the rest of us were too lazy to do our own surfing and cutting and pasting to begin an argument...we had gotten so used to the fact that some true zealot from both the sides of the aisle, would "be there" to do it for us!!! hahahaha...gosh, this is what you call getting more mellow the older one gets I suppose... :(

Anyway, just thought I would "share" that with ya!!! lol :eek:

jd

Well, let me share this with you. I'm NOT here to ARGUE, I'm here to meet HOT CHICKS!

***It ain't workin.:(

Trigg
09-13-2007, 06:18 PM
Well, let me share this with you. I'm NOT here to ARGUE, I'm here to meet HOT CHICKS!

I've always suspected that about you. :coffee:

09-13-2007, 06:20 PM

thats cause they are at my place... sorry:)

Said1
09-13-2007, 06:32 PM
I miss the drone, David20000000000. His threads always went on for several pages, even though he almost never replied.

Mr. P
09-13-2007, 07:03 PM
I've always suspected that about you. :coffee:

Hey, what's yer sign? ;)

Yurt
09-13-2007, 07:18 PM
NM left and now this half of the board is dead. Say what you want, at least he got SOME kind of discussion going, sometimes.

I bought a thousand DVD's today, so what do you think of my movies? The OC extended version is prolly my fav.

shattered
09-13-2007, 07:34 PM
I bought a thousand DVD's today, so what do you think of my movies? The OC extended version is prolly my fav.

I should ding you for that. :D

Mr. P
09-13-2007, 07:35 PM

:laugh2: the hell with typing something, that was funny..These NEW rules suck!

dan
09-13-2007, 08:08 PM

Wrong! It'd be more like this....

'Today I bought The OC. Is it any good?'

Guernicaa
09-13-2007, 08:57 PM
I guess everyone seemed to forget that he stole the setup of Jim's board, Jim's rules, some of Jim's members, and...I don't know...did he stel Jim himself yet??

09-13-2007, 09:00 PM
I guess everyone seemed to forget that he stole the setup of Jim's board, Jim's rules, some of Jim's members, and...I don't know...did he stel Jim himself yet??

oh he did, but he gave jim back.

JohnDoe
09-13-2007, 09:05 PM

Hahahahaha!

Well you are still on here posting and not in some chat room somehere, so I guess you might need to rethink your strategy???? lol :D

Or was this to mock Nevada?

jd

Gaffer
09-13-2007, 09:37 PM
I like NM, I also stood up for him. He's naive and a post whore, but so what. He's also a political activist. I visit his site occasionally. No one stole me. I go where I want to go. I say what I want to say and I'm always right...cept when I'm wrong. I hope he eventually rejoins the board.

Yurt
09-13-2007, 11:24 PM
I like NM, I also stood up for him. He's naive and a post whore, but so what. He's also a political activist. I visit his site occasionally. No one stole me. I go where I want to go. I say what I want to say and I'm always right...cept when I'm wrong. I hope he eventually rejoins the board.

Well, if he comes back, he has a lot of apologizing to do. I too defended him and was his friend. He back stabbed me, to me to fuck off and sent harasssing emails.

:cheers2:

Gaffer
09-13-2007, 11:54 PM
Well, if he comes back, he has a lot of apologizing to do. I too defended him and was his friend. He back stabbed me, to me to fuck off and sent harasssing emails.

:cheers2:

Sounds like he needs to apologize then.

dan
09-14-2007, 04:27 AM

Yeah, like I said, my OP was to get people to post more, not to get NM to come back.

Guernicaa
09-15-2007, 05:29 PM
oh he did, but he gave jim back.
Yeah...he must of realized that he crossed the line with that.