PDA

View Full Version : Does this candidate get your vote?

hjmick
09-13-2007, 10:23 AM
Okay, I do not honestly believe that the candidate who made this statement really believes that etnic cleansing is a positive thing, but the candidate did say it.

Now, since the gaffe (hopefully it was a gaffe) is not currently all over the media, we know the candidate is not a Republican. this narrows down the list of potential guesses as to who said it. I have no prizes to offer, just the fun of questioning the ability of a candidate to express his or her ideas and thoughts.

"I think it's important to understand that after two days of testimony , here's the bottom line: that having put an additional 30,000 troops in, and continued the same course we were on, we are now back to the horrendous levels of violence that we were back in June of 2006.

So there's no doubt that we've seen some measured progress in Anbar province, primarily because the Sunni tribal leaders made a political decision there that they would work with the coalition forces. We've seen a very modest reduction of violence in Baghdad, [b]partly because entire neighborhoods have essentially been ethnically cleansed. Those are all positive things, but we are now back at the levels of violence we were 18 months ago."

It sounds almost like a gaffe Bush could have made.

jafar00
09-14-2007, 06:56 AM
Sounds like Obama will indeed be the next president if he can gaff just a well as Bush can.

Hugh Lincoln
09-18-2007, 08:54 PM
It is a fact that ethnic cleansing cuts violence off.

JackDaniels
09-18-2007, 09:14 PM
It is a fact that ethnic cleansing cuts violence off.

You know, I should really lay off people like dmp, whom I believe to be completely wrong yet at least have good intentions, and lay into people like you, who are unapologetic about their Neo-Nazi leanings and police state dreams.