PDA

View Full Version : Philadelphia Tomb of the Unknown Soldier of the American Revolution Desecrated

jimnyc
06-14-2020, 02:09 PM
Trump was right back then, where does it stop? And since they have been appeased and emboldened, they are even now taking matters into their own hands.

--

Philadelphia Tomb of the Unknown Soldier of the American Revolution Desecrated

The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier of the American Revolution was reported desecrated on Friday, as attacks on monuments continued nationwide in association with Black Lives Matter protests.

The National Park Service reported on Friday that the monument, which features a statue of George Washington, had been defaced with graffiti, which read “Committed Genocide.”

It added:

The National Park Service is working to remove this graffiti on the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier of the American Revolution (at Washington Square) safely. We appreciate the offers to help that we’ve received, and we ask your patience while professional conservators continue this delicate task. Thank you for your encouragement and support.

The Problem: The wall of the monument is a very soft and porous limestone that’s susceptible to pitting and discoloration. To clean this stone without damaging it, we’ve tried non-abrasive steam cleaning and a gentle solvent. But, some paint on the wall remains.

The Solution: A professional stone conservator is now addressing this graffiti. The treatment saturates the painted stone with a mild solvent held in place by poultices (soft masses). After about two weeks, the stone’s appearance should improve.

The monument was erected in 1954 and stands atop ground that was used for paupers’ graves, as well as for soldiers who died during the American Revolution.

Engravings on the monument include phrases such as: “Freedom is a light for which many men have died in darkness.”

President Donald Trump warned in 2017 that he did not support the removal of Confederate statues because it would not stop there: “So this week, it’s Robert E. Lee, I noticed that Stonewall Jackson’s coming down. I wonder, is it George Washington next week? And is it Thomas Jefferson the week after. You know, you really do have to ask yourself, where does it stop?”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/06/14/philadelphia-tomb-of-the-unknown-soldier-of-the-american-revolution-desecrated-vandalized/

Police: Rhode Island Middle School Teacher Vandalized Statue of Christopher Columbus

A Rhode Island middle school social studies teacher was arrested on Saturday morning in connection to the vandalism of a statue of Christopher Columbus in Providence, Rhode Island.

According to a local news report, middle school social studies teacher Derrick Garforth was charged with felony desecration of a grave or monument after a statue of Christopher Columbus in Providence, Rhode Island, was vandalized on Saturday morning.

Two suspects were splattering paint on wooden barriers set up to protect the Columbus monument in the Elmwood neighborhood of Providence on Saturday morning when they were spotted by police. After a brief chase, Garforth and two other individuals were arrested.

Providence Councilman James Taylor told reporters that the Columbus statue was boarded up on Friday evening due to construction that was taking place in the surrounding park.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/education/2020/06/14/police-rhode-island-middle-school-teacher-vandalized-statue-of-christopher-columbus/

Gunny
06-14-2020, 02:21 PM
I bet kathianne knows this: Crispus Attucks "was" (who knows what the history books say now?:rolleyes:) known for the first "American" being killed by the British at Lexington. He was a black man.

Guess some blacks thought the ideas of "America" and "freedom" were worth dying for.

jimnyc
06-14-2020, 02:23 PM
And another. And I read that I think it was Tennessee, that they want a shitload of monuments to come down - and to replace them all with monuments of Britney Spears!! LOL :cuckoo:

George Washington Statue in Chicago Vandalized With KKK Hood, Graffiti: ‘Burn the White House Down’

Vandals in Chicago spray-painted a statue of George Washington overnight with messages in red paint on three sides reading, “Slave Owner!”, “Burn the Whitehouse down” and “God bless AmeriKKKa”, reported Alexis McAdams with WLS-TV, via Twitter. A white KKK hood and cloak were also placed over Washington’s head.

Image via Chicago Park District, details: Location: 5531 S. Martin Luther King Dr. Chicago, IL 60637 Within: Washington (George) Park Artist: Daniel Chester French and Edward C. Potter Year Created: 1900 Installed: 1904

“Graffiti covers the more than 100 year old George Washington statue on the Southside. Messages in red spray paint read “Slave Owner” “Burn the Whitehouse down” & “God bless AmeriKKKa” CPD investigating. Some neighbors want the statue to go, others say it’s part of history.”

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/06/george-washington-statue-chicago-vandalized-kkk-hood-graffiti-burn-white-house/

Gunny
06-14-2020, 02:26 PM
Trump was right back then, where does it stop? And since they have been appeased and emboldened, they are even now taking matters into their own hands.

--

Philadelphia Tomb of the Unknown Soldier of the American Revolution Desecrated

The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier of the American Revolution was reported desecrated on Friday, as attacks on monuments continued nationwide in association with Black Lives Matter protests.

The National Park Service reported on Friday that the monument, which features a statue of George Washington, had been defaced with graffiti, which read “Committed Genocide.”

It added:

The monument was erected in 1954 and stands atop ground that was used for paupers’ graves, as well as for soldiers who died during the American Revolution.

Engravings on the monument include phrases such as: “Freedom is a light for which many men have died in darkness.”

President Donald Trump warned in 2017 that he did not support the removal of Confederate statues because it would not stop there: “So this week, it’s Robert E. Lee, I noticed that Stonewall Jackson’s coming down. I wonder, is it George Washington next week? And is it Thomas Jefferson the week after. You know, you really do have to ask yourself, where does it stop?”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/06/14/philadelphia-tomb-of-the-unknown-soldier-of-the-american-revolution-desecrated-vandalized/

Police: Rhode Island Middle School Teacher Vandalized Statue of Christopher Columbus

A Rhode Island middle school social studies teacher was arrested on Saturday morning in connection to the vandalism of a statue of Christopher Columbus in Providence, Rhode Island.

According to a local news report, middle school social studies teacher Derrick Garforth was charged with felony desecration of a grave or monument after a statue of Christopher Columbus in Providence, Rhode Island, was vandalized on Saturday morning.

Two suspects were splattering paint on wooden barriers set up to protect the Columbus monument in the Elmwood neighborhood of Providence on Saturday morning when they were spotted by police. After a brief chase, Garforth and two other individuals were arrested.

Providence Councilman James Taylor told reporters that the Columbus statue was boarded up on Friday evening due to construction that was taking place in the surrounding park.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/education/2020/06/14/police-rhode-island-middle-school-teacher-vandalized-statue-of-christopher-columbus/I realize there is an election at stake, but maybe it's about time the President quit strategizing an election win and took charge of this shit and do what's right? Just an idea.

I know all the arguments just as well as I know "when is the time" is ALWAYS the endgame question. His constituency hasn't sounded like the "let them riot, appeasement" types. Does he think he's going to get some Dem and black votes out of this mess by allowing them to do as they wish?

jimnyc
06-14-2020, 02:45 PM
I realize there is an election at stake, but maybe it's about time the President quit strategizing an election win and took charge of this shit and do what's right? Just an idea.

I know all the arguments just as well as I know "when is the time" is ALWAYS the endgame question. His constituency hasn't sounded like the "let them riot, appeasement" types. Does he think he's going to get some Dem and black votes out of this mess by allowing them to do as they wish?

He's in a no win situation. My Dad and I argued about this. He's going to be nailed by the left politicians and the MSM no matter how he responds. I told him that the day Trump finally spoke to the nation. And the next day they were all over him for everything he stated. If he does anything he is wrong, if he does nothing he will be wrong. I say he just does the RIGHT thing - which is protecting America first and foremost.

They're pulling the same with the police. Abuse them, assault them, shoot at them, kill some of them, mayors pulling them back.... and then the MSM and protesters are out there complaining where they are NOT present.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-14-2020, 03:05 PM
Worth noting- the Islamic terrorists desecrate graves, tear down statues , Churches and attempt to destroy history....
No we see these vermin doing the same damn thing.
Think about it.. They are quite alike in the way that they both hate.. -Tyr

Gunny
06-14-2020, 03:12 PM
He's in a no win situation. My Dad and I argued about this. He's going to be nailed by the left politicians and the MSM no matter how he responds. I told him that the day Trump finally spoke to the nation. And the next day they were all over him for everything he stated. If he does anything he is wrong, if he does nothing he will be wrong. I say he just does the RIGHT thing - which is protecting America first and foremost.

They're pulling the same with the police. Abuse them, assault them, shoot at them, kill some of them, mayors pulling them back.... and then the MSM and protesters are out there complaining where they are NOT present.I understand his situation and pretty-much agree with your assessment. He can't win. At least not with the left and MSM. They are who is getting all the attention and blaming him no matter what.

Those of us that put him in office did so for him to lead, not try to do what the MSM/left/special interest groups want. As a matter of fact, I think we put him in office to NOT do that. I agree with your other thread: black lives matter because ALL lives matter. But BLM the organization does NOT. Anarchists, regardless what they call themselves, do not. Now they're making demands?

I think it's time to act. Or past time. They'd already be speaking Southern if it was my call :)