PDA

View Full Version : “A Man Was Murdered Because He Was Asleep in a Drive-Through”

jimnyc
06-15-2020, 09:56 AM
Always altering events. Changing the version of events and telling the world of a murder for sitting in a drive thru, when that isn't the whole story. And I think telling the story as such is only inciting anger from others.

I still don't believe a shooting was necessary, but I wasn't one of the officers and I didn't have their POV and have to make a split second decision. Did they think he had more than a taser? Did they think they were in trouble over that? Was shooting really the only option? Personally, I don't think so, and they are handling as if they agree with me.

But he was still shot because he fought back, resisted arrest, stole a police officers taser, and then pointed the weapon at them.... a little more than just sleeping in the drive thru. :rolleyes: So why lie? And THIS is why I was afraid of her being picked as a VP potential.

--

Oh Brother… Stacey Abrams: “A Man Was Murdered Because He Was Asleep in a Drive-Through”

So is this the lie we’re all supposed to repeat now?

It so hard to keep up in this era of “wokeness.”

Failed Gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams dropped a doozy today.

Abrams told George Stephanopolous on ABC’s This Week Rashard Brooks was murdered because he was asleep in a drive-through.

Stacey Abrams: “That is why you saw the reaction from protesters. That is why the virulence of anger remain. Activists are necessarily calling into question what’s actually being done. And what I would say is there is a legitimacy to this anger. There’s a legitimacy to this outrage. A man was murdered because he was asleep in a drive-through. We know this is not an isolated occurance.”

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/06/oh-brother-stacey-abrams-man-murdered-asleep-drive-video/

Black Diamond
06-15-2020, 10:00 AM
Comment is right up Biden's alley.

Gunny
06-15-2020, 11:45 AM
Asleep in a drive-thru. Interesting. The article I read yesterday (think I posted it) said he failed a sobriety test and struggled with the cop for his weapon. Hardly just "asleep in a drive thru".

Kathianne
06-15-2020, 11:48 AM
Asleep in a drive-thru. Interesting. The article I read yesterday (think I posted it) said he failed a sobriety test and struggled with the cop for his weapon. Hardly just "asleep in a drive thru".
They tussled over the taser if what I’ve read is correct.

If if they’d have handcuffed him . . .

Gunny
06-15-2020, 11:51 AM

If if they’d have handcuffed him . . .Correct, and we'll never know the truth to THIS, but I bet the suspect had no idea whether or not it was a taser or a handgun.

The cop did though. He's toast.

jimnyc
06-15-2020, 11:52 AM

If if they’d have handcuffed him . . .

They scuffled over it, then he successfully stole the taser - and then apparently I read today that not only did he point it at them when he was running away, but also shot it at them. I don't know what procedure allows or calls for at that point. But this wasn't about a man simply sleeping and getting killed, that's for sure.

Black Diamond
06-15-2020, 11:54 AM
The video keeps getting pulled.

jimnyc
06-15-2020, 11:55 AM
They scuffled over it, then he successfully stole the taser - and then apparently I read today that not only did he point it at them when he was running away, but also shot it at them. I don't know what procedure allows or calls for at that point. But this wasn't about a man simply sleeping and getting killed, that's for sure.

I am currently looking for the video, as I only read about it earlier. So I'm looking for the article, and a video if possible...

jimnyc
06-15-2020, 12:03 PM
I found the article I read earlier and I was wrong. It said he pointed it at the police but that he DIDN'T shoot it. My bad and I apologize.

So all the same, and he raised it and pointed, then they shot:

Here's some videos and/or links to working videos. All likely the same but maybe a few extra or less footage. Just in case one or the other gets taken down.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2020/06/14/rayshard-brooks-atlanta-police-shooting-orig-kj.cnn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKNSXGSRfbs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOiKgmCJwls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnRuWcgflaE

Black Diamond
06-15-2020, 12:16 PM
Times reported he fired the taser. These incidents always have conflicting reports initially.

jimnyc
06-15-2020, 12:26 PM
Yup, Times states that he did shoot the taser.There is a video of him deploying the taser just beneath those words I am posting:

The security camera footage filmed at Wendy’s shows Officer Rolfe chasing Mr. Brooks. In seconds, Officer Rolfe passes his Taser from his right hand to his left hand, and reaches for his handgun.

While being chased, and in full stride, Mr. Brooks looks behind him, points the Taser he is holding in Officer Rolfe’s direction, and fires it. The flash of the Taser suggests that Mr. Brooks did not fire it with any real accuracy.

Officer Rolfe discards the Taser he is carrying, draws his handgun and fires it three times at Mr. Brooks as he is running away. Mr. Brooks falls to the ground. Warning: This footage is disturbing. The time stamp lags the police bodycam time stamp by one minute.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/14/us/videos-rayshard-brooks-shooting-atlanta-police.html

Gunny
06-15-2020, 12:50 PM
They scuffled over it, then he successfully stole the taser - and then apparently I read today that not only did he point it at them when he was running away, but also shot it at them. I don't know what procedure allows or calls for at that point. But this wasn't about a man simply sleeping and getting killed, that's for sure.What I am looking at is the title of your article vs the one I posted yesterday. The article you posted is misleading to a lie. The cop didn't just shoot some dude sleeping in a drive thru.

Abrams is a liar and a leftwing twit. She personifies a Dem mayor, and runs her city like it.

OTOH, the "procedure" is if a suspect grabs a taser is that the taser is a non-lethal weapon according to police and/or their experts, and have used it as defense in court for years. Given the current circumstances, I'd have let the idiot run off with my taser and take whatever heat came from it. The article I posted said nothing of the suspect aiming the taser at the police because I see a crack in the door for defense.

IF the suspect had hit the officer with the taser and incapacitated him, what's to stop him from then taking the officer's service weapon? Given the current political climate, that'll probably never be heard.

The cop, IMO made the wrong decision. `The reaction to his wrong decision is as wrong has he was.

Kathianne
06-15-2020, 02:18 PM
This was a rush to judgement. Again, if the cops had just handcuffed him when he failed the test, none of what happened would have. That would be minimal failure in what transpired.

Black Diamond
06-15-2020, 02:22 PM
This was a rush to judgement. Again, if the cops had just handcuffed him when he failed the test, none of what happened would have. That would be minimal failure in what transpired.

I can watch again later. But didn't they try to cuff him?

jimnyc
06-15-2020, 02:31 PM

The cops pressed him to admit to being drunk, then got him to take the breathalyzer. After he failed, the one officer went to handcuff him and he immediately started resisting and trying to get away. The 2nd officer got involved and they ended up on the ground. The officer took out his taser to try and subdue him, but instead Brooks was able to steal it from him and get up and started to run away. The cop gave chase and was preparing his weapon. Brooks lifted the taser and tried to shoot the cop. The cop shot him.

They failed in the ability to subdue him after the test. They weren't prepared properly, as they trusted too much that he would go willingly. Then the cop allowed him to take his weapon from him. Sometimes the stronger guy wins, even if he's not in blue. At that point, in a split second decision - IMO should have gave chase but not fired the deadly weapon. No lives were in danger at that point and the weapon that Brooks had was not deadly. They could have given chase and tried to subdue him in a different manner, or caught up with him at a later time (they did have his identification and his vehicle as well).

I'm no cop and don't know what they are trained to do in that situation. But seems to me that it should always be to preserve life, and not to use deadly force unless their life is in danger. Did he truly think that? He told his partner that "he stole my taser" or something like that, so he knew he wasn't about to die.

Kathianne
06-15-2020, 02:37 PM
There were two, they should have been able to, but somehow they were complacent and then it all turned to shi*. Stealing the taser though isn’t a death thing though.

Dont get me wrong, I really don’t think it was murder either.

Black Diamond
06-15-2020, 04:42 PM
There were two, they should have been able to, but somehow they were complacent and then it all turned to shi*. Stealing the taser though isn’t a death thing though.

Dont get me wrong, I really don’t think it was murder either.

Yeah I didn't think you had. I'll watch again tonight. I didn't know you could shoot a taser.

Russ
06-15-2020, 07:13 PM
This is another tragic death that shouldn't have happened, but Stacey Abrams is as usual a liar when she says it was "Because he was Asleep in a Drive-Through". Even drunk a drive-through had nothing to do with it. He died because he fought with the cops and took a taser from one of them.

I can't imaging why he would fight with cops over a drunk driving arrest. It's not like he could get away - they had his license plate and drivers license. But still, they should have let him run off. Way better to let him run off with a taser than shoot him. Life is precious.

Hot Dogger
06-15-2020, 07:17 PM
I think the murder victim was on private property, so yes, the use of the word "murder" does have some weight. Cops tasered him so he tasered them back, which means he was acting in self-defense and so was murdered. Who's more sovereign? Citizens or the state? I believe citizens are sovereign over the state.

Gunny
06-15-2020, 07:21 PM
I think the murder victim was on private property, so yes, the use of the word "murder" does have some weight. Cops tasered him so he tasered them back, which means he was acting in self-defense and so was murdered. Who's more sovereign? Citizens or the state? I believe citizens are sovereign over the state.Citizens do not have a Right to resist arrest. It's against the law. Physical violations of the law are normally met with physical force. Well, if you're white or Hispanic anyway:rolleyes:

You're 0 for 2 at trying to play smartass contrarian.

Hot Dogger
06-16-2020, 02:39 AM
Citizens do not have a Right to resist arrest. It's against the law. Physical violations of the law are normally met with physical force. Well, if you're white or Hispanic anyway:rolleyes:

You're 0 for 2 at trying to play smartass contrarian.

I'm not trying to play a smartass contrarian, I am a smartass contrarian. So who's the smartass contrarian now? :cool: