PDA

View Full Version : Trump Will Win in a Landslide, Say Non-D.C. Republicans

jimnyc
06-16-2020, 01:59 PM
I don't think a landslide either. But thus far, things are going the Hillary 2016 route again. Pump up the polls and had her winning hugely. Then things got closer as the election neared. But even the last 2 weeks of the polls showed her between 3 - 7 points leading. We all know how those turned out.

And who is the first to turn in landslide like numbers and tell the masses? CNN. :rolleyes:

I think it'll be a lot closer than I originally thought, which was Joe being toast and out of it. And I still believe that once all of that info I've been discussing about his mental capacity and all of his corruption, will still kill him in the end. His handlers and the MSM have eliminated that thus far, so don't underestimate what they do. But once he starts going live, no more hiding and covering for him.

--

Trump Will Win in a Landslide, Say Non-D.C. Republicans

Inside the D.C.-New York information bubble, Donald Trump is a gone goose, Senate Republicans are toast, and Democrats will control the House, Senate, and White House after Election Day in November.

That’s a reality being buttressed by dozens of polls showing Joe Biden winning handily nationally, and ahead in traditional battleground states.

Democrats have already begun to gloat — in between groveling before the mob and planning their “transformation” of American society.

But Republicans outside of that nest of vipers are a lot more sanguine about Trump’s chances.

Politico:

Interviews with more than 50 state, district and county Republican Party chairs depict a version of the electoral landscape that is no worse for Trump than six months ago — and possibly even slightly better. According to this view, the coronavirus is on its way out and the economy is coming back. Polls are unreliable, Joe Biden is too frail to last, and the media still doesn’t get it.

“The more bad things happen in the country, it just solidifies support for Trump,” said Phillip Stephens, GOP chairman in Robeson County, N.C., one of several rural counties in that swing state that shifted from supporting Barack Obama in 2012 to Trump in 2016. “We’re calling him ‘Teflon Trump.’ Nothing’s going to stick, because if anything, it’s getting more exciting than it was in 2016.”

This year, Stephens said, “We’re thinking landslide.”

The tenor of the Politico article is incredulity along with a mocking condescension. No, the media doesn’t “get it.” They haven’t “gotten it” for four years and they will go to their graves “not getting it.”

Andrew Hitt, the state party chairman in Wisconsin, said that during the height of public attention on the coronavirus, in late March and early April, internal polling suggested “some sagging off where we wanted to be.”

But now, he said, “Things are coming right back where we want them … That focus on the economy and on re-opening and bringing America back is resonating with people.”

The Democrats tried the “Trump dithered and people died” attack, which hasn’t worked. Now, they’re on to the “Trump and Republicans are racists because they don’t support rioters” theme. Can’t wait to see how that works out for them.

Minnesotan John Hinderaker puts it in a nutshell.

I don’t know about a landslide, but I too think the ground is shifting in Trump’s favor. In January, I thought he was a 99% lock for re-election on a record of peace and prosperity. Then the Wuhan virus came along, and state shutdowns devastated the economy. Next, while peace reigns abroad, left-wing rioters, looters and arsonists have destroyed it at home. But as usual, the Democrats can’t help themselves. They have gone much too far with absurd proposals to abolish the police, and with essentially insane attacks on white people–who, last time I looked, comprise two-thirds of the electorate. And I do think you have to get outside of D.C. to get a sense of the electorate’s mood.

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/election/rick-moran/2020/06/16/trump-will-win-in-a-landslide-say-non-dc-republicans-n540213

Gunny
06-16-2020, 07:06 PM
Remember this, and I've said it time and again before: The Dems only need to take the Senate. The thread on DC Statehood reminded me of that. Won't matter if Trump wins or not if the Dems can take the Senate by hook or crook and a couple of their recent escapades have red-flagged that as one of their plans to me.

The insider trading accusations over COVID against 5(?) Republican Senators. The bid for DC Statehood. They don't have to win an election either way.

Evmetro
06-16-2020, 07:29 PM
Remember this, and I've said it time and again before: The Dems only need to take the Senate. The thread on DC Statehood reminded me of that. Won't matter if Trump wins or not if the Dems can take the Senate by hook or crook and a couple of their recent escapades have red-flagged that as one of their plans to me.

The insider trading accusations over COVID against 5(?) Republican Senators. The bid for DC Statehood. They don't have to win an election either way.

Exactly. This isn't about civics.