PDA

View Full Version : Finished the french drain, killed a copperhead, ate some red hots, drinking beer.

Hot Dogger
06-16-2020, 07:53 PM
For the past couple weeks, I trenched about sixty feet around a low area around the foundation, put down landscape fabric, drain pipes, and sewer stone. This will keep the water from weeping in under the garage floor, which happens each Spring, and sometimes around the basement floor drain. In 2010, we got 2 feet of rain in 24 hours, 3 people were killed in the Galena Territory, swept away in their cars trying to drive through rain swollen streams. We've had a few such floods, with water weeping under the basement floor, as well as huge damage at our HOA marina that we've since mitigated, but people were killed just the one year.

Then shoveling sewer stone today, a baby copperhead was in the stones as I raised the shovel, which I immediately dropped. I was like, "Oh, look at the pretty little snake." Then I thought it could be a copperhead. The thing kept striking at the shovel, I was going to toss it into the brush, but I killed it. I'm sorry God of Snakes but I was taught that baby copperheads are very deadly.

Then for dinner, I fried up two Bob Uecker red hots by Usinger cooked on the George Foreman grill, topped with cold slaw and olive bruschetta. Very tasty and recommended. So far I drank two Leinenkugel berry weiss beers, very refreshing and also recommended. The only thing I've not done today is take a dump.

This has been my life thus far, thanks for tuning in.