PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Navy Concludes It Will Not Reinstate Captain Brett Crozier

Gunny
06-20-2020, 12:23 PM
IMO, this is the correct decision, and the only decision the Navy could have made unless it wanted to start a wave of commanders breaking the chain of command. Breakdown in the chain of command can be fatal. The price gets higher as the price of the toy one commands goes up.

I cannot imagine a USN Captain NOT understanding the consequences of such action. CoC is drilled into our heads from Day One. By the time one makes Captain in the Navy (Colonel in the Marine Corps, Army and Air Force, there's just no excuse.

OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 4:45 PM PT — Friday, June 19, 2020The Navy has upheld the firing of the former commanding officer of the USS Theodore Roosevelt, who alerted officials of a coronavirus outbreak onboard the ship earlier this year. On Friday, Navy officials announced the removal of Captain Brett Crozier was justified following an internal investigation.
Crozier was abruptly dismissed in April after sounding the alarm to several other military members that his carrier should evacuate due to COVID-19.
According to officials, he failed to take decisive action and did not properly communicate the problem to senior officials.
“While it is rare for the CO (commanding officer) of any ship to directly communicate three levels above them in the chain of command, if they do, they must ensure that all of the means of communication within the chain of command have been thoroughly exhausted, that they have a full understanding of all the facts and that they include all members of their chain of command in that communication,” explained Naval Operations Chief Admiral Michael Gilday.
Crozier will reportedly be reassigned out of his commander position.
https://www.oann.com/u-s-navy-concludes-it-will-not-reinstate-captain-brett-crozier/

Kathianne
06-20-2020, 12:33 PM
IMO, this is the correct decision, and the only decision the Navy could have made unless it wanted to start a wave of commanders breaking the chain of command. Breakdown in the chain of command can be fatal. The price gets higher as the price of the toy one commands goes up.

I cannot imagine a USN Captain NOT understanding the consequences of such action. CoC is drilled into our heads from Day One. By the time one makes Captain in the Navy (Colonel in the Marine Corps, Army and Air Force, there's just no excuse.

https://www.oann.com/u-s-navy-concludes-it-will-not-reinstate-captain-brett-crozier/

I have to agree, but do think it's good that they left some time elapse for those involved to have time to cool off.

pete311
06-20-2020, 12:53 PM
You know what can be fatal? A ship full of coronavirus.

Black Diamond
06-20-2020, 01:03 PM

Isn't that what you helped spread when you were out protesting?

Gunny
06-20-2020, 02:00 PM
You know what can be fatal? A ship full of coronavirus.Or a no police zone in Seattle? Or a bunch of rioters and protesters shoulder to shoulder, asshole-to bellybutton, crowded together to destroy whatever?

I'd feel safer on the ship.

Evmetro
06-20-2020, 02:35 PM

A ship full of coronavirus AND a commanding officer who doesn't understand chain of command is even more dangerous than a ship full of coronavirus.

icansayit
06-20-2020, 03:39 PM

What also can be fatal is someone talking out of their behind telling us A ship full of coronavirus is fatal. Despite the fact you have no idea what a Chain-of-Command is designed to do to preserve ORDER and Discipline to protect everyone on the SHIP.

You should stop talking to Joe in his basement. He hasn't been any smarter than you.

Gunny
06-20-2020, 07:32 PM
You know what can be fatal? A ship full of coronavirus.I would rather be on a ship chancing coronavirus than taking my chances ashore now. Mostly 20-n-30 somethings in top physical condition and the best of medical care?

As opposed to "if you think you're sick, call us, self-isolate, but don't come in"?

Sign ME up.

Black Diamond
06-20-2020, 07:34 PM

So can a BLM protest. It's not like the virus has a political leaning or an appreciation of "justice"

Gunny
06-20-2020, 07:36 PM
So can a BLM protest. It's not like the virus has a political leaning or an appreciation of "justice"Sure it does. Just like Bush's "hurricane machine":laugh:

The coronavirus is all part of Trump's and China's master plan :)

Black Diamond
06-20-2020, 07:39 PM
Sure it does. Just like Bush's "hurricane machine":laugh:

The coronavirus is all part of Trump's and China's master plan :)

So are Xi and putin arm wrestling for control of trump? I mean isn't Xi cutting in on putins trump action? :laugh:

Gunny
06-20-2020, 09:02 PM
Here's what I'm thinking:

If I'm the Captain, I'm networking my civilian job for retirement. Why not? CNN of MSNBC would probably kill to get HIM.

If I'm the Board, I'm thinking if this man is in charge of a carrier and wigs out over the flu, what's he going to do if he comes under fire? Call the media? I'd say he's on his way to shore duty and no commands on the horizon. As I understand it from my squid buddies no command for a Naval Officer means it's time to say goodbye.