PDA

View Full Version : Oregon County - no masks UNLESS you are white

jimnyc
06-24-2020, 04:51 PM
This is not proof that masks are not about saving lives, as it states at the end of the article. This certainly changes nothing with masks and as to whether or not they work in certain situations. This is completely aside, so don't think my opinion on wearing them at certain times has chagnged.

But in this area, this is just fucked up. So they work, we all know that - but when and where to wear them is a different story. They don't need to be worn in every situation, so I disagree with any of the areas that state someone MUST wear one if they leave their homes or face fines, or even a misdemeanor.

And that's a debate we have had far too many times, the wearing of them. But now we're talking about NOT wearing them, or being exempt from wearing them. IF you're a non-white person.

So "only" mandated by the county and not a law, but unconstitutional any way you slice or dice it.

How many laws do we have on the books that ONLY apply to a certain race?

Are we really going to go back in time now? Laws/mandates applying to white folks only? Fuck that. I would wear it if "I" thought it warranted it, and otherwise when out in the fresh air or in my truck, I would gladly take that violation and fight it down the road.

--

Oregon County Exempts Non-White People From Mandatory Face Mask Order to ‘Prevent Racial Profiling’

Lincoln County, Oregon announced last week that residents must wear a face covering in public if they are unable to ‘socially distance’ to help stop the spread of COVID-19.

However, only white people are subjected to the tyranny.

On Tuesday, the public health officials announced that non-white people are exempted from the new mandatory face mask order to ‘prevent racial profiling.’

“No person shall intimidate or harass people who do not comply,” the Lincoln County public health officials said.

As of Tuesday, only one COVID-19 death was reported in Lincoln County.

The reason for the exemption?

For one, the Director of ACLU’s Racial Justice Program ReNika Moore complained about face mask mandates for black people back in April.

“For many black people, deciding whether or not to wear a bandana in public to protect themselves and others from contracting coronavirus is a lose-lose situation that can result in life-threatening consequences either way,” ReNika Moore said.

Ohio State University professor Trevor Logan said mandating black people wear a mask would be “basically telling people to look dangerous given racial stereotypes that are out there.”

“It looks like almost every criminal sketch of any garden-variety black suspect,” he told CNN in April.

More evidence that face mask orders and lockdown orders are not about ‘saving lives.’

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/06/oregon-county-exempts-non-white-people-mandatory-face-mask-order-prevent-racial-profiling/

Kathianne
06-24-2020, 04:58 PM
Seems it could be interpreted that black lives don’t matter?

jimnyc
06-24-2020, 06:46 PM
Seems it could be interpreted that black lives don’t matter?

So many things are being done to harm their cause, whether they themselves, or folks in their name.

But violence at marches won't get anything done but people ending up in jail.

I don't always have issues with "civil disobedience", and this is NOT civil disobedience anyway. Destroying monuments/statues is criminal, assaulting the police is criminal. Burning police cars or burning down buildings is criminal.

--
And then yea, you have this message going out to blacks, you don't need any health protections that others may need. :rolleyes:

This is an unconstitutional order IMO. And it's all about who they will punish and who not, never even mind the argument over them working. And I think this will also lead to others purposely not wearing it, even if they may have otherwise worn, just to say FU to to the idea of different accountability based on race.

Gunny
06-24-2020, 10:05 PM
So many things are being done to harm their cause, whether they themselves, or folks in their name.

But violence at marches won't get anything done but people ending up in jail.

I don't always have issues with "civil disobedience", and this is NOT civil disobedience anyway. Destroying monuments/statues is criminal, assaulting the police is criminal. Burning police cars or burning down buildings is criminal.

--
And then yea, you have this message going out to blacks, you don't need any health protections that others may need. :rolleyes:

This is an unconstitutional order IMO. And it's all about who they will punish and who not, never even mind the argument over them working. And I think this will also lead to others purposely not wearing it, even if they may have otherwise worn, just to say FU to to the idea of different accountability based on race.We don't seem to have that issue here. I see some people with them off, most with them on, and I haven't noticed any particular group not wearing them.

The black family down the street - I'm surprised their dogs don't have masks :laugh: Pretty much everyone around here is cool about stuff though. We had that one night of trouble and that seemed to be it, as of now.

Except we don't have any TP or paper towels in the grocery stores anymore :laugh: I never have figured out how a virus can cause a run on TP. Anybody heard of anyone shitting themselves to death from COVID-19?