PDA

View Full Version : Top Active United States Military Fighter Jets

-Cp
09-13-2007, 03:00 PM
Fighter jets have long been a staple of any successful military campaign. They are fast, effective, expensive and highly lethal machines, capable of traveling long distances with enormous firepower and guns. This article introduces us to the five top military jet fighters in service today, the price we pay for them, and the future of jet fighting aviation. Only fighter jets that made it into active duty were considered, therefore the YF-23 Black Widow, the YF-17 Cobra, and the F-20 Tigershark were excluded. Additionally, only fighter jets were examined and therefore bombers such as the F-117 Nighthawk and the F-21 Kfir were also not included.

http://www.gunslot.com/blog/top-active-united-states-military-fighter-jets

AFbombloader
09-20-2007, 08:53 AM
Only 4 of the 5 jets listed were stll active. I hope the order they listed the aircraft in was not their rankings. What idiot would list the F-22 5th?

The rest of the list is good. The F-15 has been the most dominant air to air fighter ever flown, it has never been shot down in combat. The F-16 is a versitile aircraft that can doo a lot well, but nothing great. The F-18 is the Navy's only fighter aircraft now, since the F-14 was retired and the F-35 is still in development. The premier fighter in the world is the F-22.

I worked on the F-15 for about 14 years and am very familiar with it. The F-22 came to Langley AFB while I wa there and our pilots said they could not toouch it in the air. One F-22 defeated eight F-15 is a mission. Unbelieveable!