View Full Version : Thoughts?

Abbey Marie
06-25-2020, 04:46 PM

Black Diamond
06-25-2020, 05:18 PM
Does anyone care enough?

Gunny
06-25-2020, 05:56 PM
Does anyone care enough?That monument is through the gate at Ft Myers and just down the hill from the Navy Annex which is home to Headquarters, US Marine Corps.

There is public access but I believe it is on Ft Myers/Arlington National Cemetery, a Federal military reservation.

Problem is, you would have to have someone with enough balls to give the order to defend it. Seems to be in short supply these days regarding these unamerican fuckwits and their actions.

icansayit
06-25-2020, 07:04 PM
That monument is through the gate at Ft Myers and just down the hill from the Navy Annex which is home to Headquarters, US Marine Corps.

There is public access but I believe it is on Ft Myers/Arlington National Cemetery, a Federal military reservation.

Problem is, you would have to have someone with enough balls to give the order to defend it. Seems to be in short supply these days regarding these unamerican fuckwits and their actions.

I've been to that MARINE CORPS STATUE at least ten times. There are no restrictions I recall. My Son was last in the Marine Corp Marathon, and civilians are free to go everywhere around it. The Marathon Finish Line was just across the street.
As for anyone DARING to bother that one. How much do they CHERISH being Alive to tell about it.
Those Marines (as you must know), HAVE AS MUCH PRIDE as they DO STEEL GONADS!

It's not nice, or healthy to DEAL with the SEMPER FI Bunch!

SEMPER FI GUNNY!:salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::sal ute::salute:

Gunny
06-25-2020, 08:15 PM
I've been to that MARINE CORPS STATUE at least ten times. There are no restrictions I recall. My Son was last in the Marine Corp Marathon, and civilians are free to go everywhere around it. The Marathon Finish Line was just across the street.
As for anyone DARING to bother that one. How much do they CHERISH being Alive to tell about it.
Those Marines (as you must know), HAVE AS MUCH PRIDE as they DO STEEL GONADS!

It's not nice, or healthy to DEAL with the SEMPER FI Bunch!

SEMPER FI GUNNY!:salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::sal ute::salute:It's been 25 years or so. I can't remember the names of all the roads. I know it's between Ft Myers and the Pentagon/Memorial Bridge. I think it's the Lee Highway that runs by it, between Arlington National Cemetery and the Pentagon.

I believe, public access or not, that is ALL a military reservation. Arlington National Cemetery was Robert E Lee's home as it was the home owned by his wife, Mary Custis. At the end of the war, the US Government (back when it had balls, right r wrong) confiscated the land and buried Union war dead on Lee's land as nothing more than spite. I believe the land from Ft Myers to the Potomac is considered a military reservation.

Black Diamond
06-25-2020, 08:19 PM
That monument is through the gate at Ft Myers and just down the hill from the Navy Annex which is home to Headquarters, US Marine Corps.

Well there has to be some way trump can take the reins of leadership here.

Gunny
06-25-2020, 08:46 PM
Well there has to be some way trump can take the reins of leadership here.Has anyone actually threatened to do anything to the Marine Corps War Memorial?

I mean, if the OP is supposed to imply a threat from the US Marine Corps, the President is the only one who can send them in without anybody else's permission. The Marine Corps cannot act without the order to do so.

If I still lived there I'd have no problem standing between the Memorial and a mob. Shit. That's what Marines live for. One riot, one Marine. :)

Black Diamond
06-25-2020, 08:52 PM
Has anyone actually threatened to do anything to the Marine Corps War Memorial?

I mean, if the OP is supposed to imply a threat from the US Marine Corps, the President is the only one who can send them in without anybody else's permission. The Marine Corps cannot act without the order to do so.

If I still lived there I'd have no problem standing between the Memorial and a mob. Shit. That's what Marines live for. One riot, one Marine. :)

Kill them all.

Black Diamond
06-25-2020, 09:14 PM

Yeah. Going on Twitter and Facebook isn't an order. But I was thinking about folks on the right or even what used to be the center who finally have enough of this shit. They go out to the park, complex, etc where these monuments/statues are, wait for the thugs to show up and kick the living shit out of them.

Abbey Marie
06-28-2020, 12:03 PM