PDA

View Full Version : Nike Reports Surprise $790 Million Loss, 46% Plunge in North American Sales

LongTermGuy
06-25-2020, 08:38 PM
Nike Reports Surprise $790 Million Loss, 46% Plunge in North American Sales
https://media.breitbart.com/media/2019/07/colin-kaepernick-nike-betsy-ross-shoes-getty-nike-640x480.jpg

`New York (AFP) – Sports giant Nike reported a surprise loss Thursday as shutdowns due to COVID-19 prompted a big drop in revenues in spite of higher online sales.`
https://www.breitbart.com/news/nike-reports-790-mn-q4-loss-as-sales-plunge-on-covid-19-hit/

Yeah...uh huh...all the virus`s fault...

Gunny
06-25-2020, 08:39 PM
I was happy to be a part of it :).

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-25-2020, 09:24 PM
Nike Reports Surprise $790 Million Loss, 46% Plunge in North American Sales
https://media.breitbart.com/media/2019/07/colin-kaepernick-nike-betsy-ross-shoes-getty-nike-640x480.jpg

`New York (AFP) – Sports giant Nike reported a surprise loss Thursday as shutdowns due to COVID-19 prompted a big drop in revenues in spite of higher online sales.`
https://www.breitbart.com/news/nike-reports-790-mn-q4-loss-as-sales-plunge-on-covid-19-hit/

Yeah...uh huh...all the virus`s fault...

Nike must have never heard this old saying.
Go to sleep with the dogs, you gonna wake up with fleas....
$790 million loss in sales is sweeeeeeeeeet proooooooooooooooooooof of the veracity of that old saying, imho..
Sure made me smile..... -Tyr

Black Diamond
06-25-2020, 09:33 PM
Nike must have never heard this old saying.
Go to sleep with the dogs, you gonna wake up with fleas....
$790 million loss in sales is sweeeeeeeeeet proooooooooooooooooooof of the veracity of that old saying, imho..
Sure made me smile..... -Tyr

Yeah I couldn't be happier. I want a pair of Nikes with the confederate flag on the back. Just to spite that fucking piece of shit.

pete311
06-25-2020, 10:36 PM
Yeah I couldn't be happier. I want a pair of Nikes with the confederate flag on the back. Just to spite that fucking piece of shit.

God bless america

Gunny
06-26-2020, 09:59 AM
God bless americaNike chose to support an unamerican POS which is Nike's choice. Those of us that chose to not drop another dime Nike's way because of it also have a choice. It's called freedom of expression.

Just a tidbit of trivia for you, Pete: Nike is a American company in name only. Most of it's products are made in SE Asia sweatshops manned by slaves by any other name. That would be when I actually quit buying Nike products. Kaepernick was just a bonus catch.

You DO think slavery is wrong, don't you, Pete?

jimnyc
06-26-2020, 12:18 PM
I've always owned Nike sneakers. They do make some of the coolest and quality sneakers. I prefer to get the nice Air Jordan's myself, various models of 'ol Mike's favorite. I probably bought 20 or so pairs of regulars over many years and own like 6 pairs of retro Jordan's!

And now I have me a few new nice Under Armour sneaks, and some Reeboks, usually always the basketball shoes named after the players. :)

No need for Nike and they should have been aware of this. The others make some just as great sneakers these days, and Jordan hasn't played in like 20 years. Always alternatives to brands.

I don't care what they blame their losses on - just knowing they lost so much is good enough for me.

Gunny
06-26-2020, 07:17 PM
I've always owned Nike sneakers. They do make some of the coolest and quality sneakers. I prefer to get the nice Air Jordan's myself, various models of 'ol Mike's favorite. I probably bought 20 or so pairs of regulars over many years and own like 6 pairs of retro Jordan's!

And now I have me a few new nice Under Armour sneaks, and some Reeboks, usually always the basketball shoes named after the players. :)

No need for Nike and they should have been aware of this. The others make some just as great sneakers these days, and Jordan hasn't played in like 20 years. Always alternatives to brands.

I don't care what they blame their losses on - just knowing they lost so much is good enough for me.I probably had more Air Jordan's than you because I actually played basketball for years. Used to wear the Air Flight Lights (Scottie Pippen endorsed). All my running shoes were Nike Air Max.

So first, I've never tried to get anyone to throw away their Nike's. Just think about replacing them with something else. My basketball sneaks now are Reebok. Reebok is a subsidiary of Addidas; which, is a German-owned company. I also wear their lifters.

Second, in the mid-90s, when Nike moved its main operation to SE Asia, they changed the last on their running shoes, making them too narrow for me to run in. A little homework on why revealed why. The eye-opener was seeing some of the sweatshops in Indonesia where a lot of popular sports gear is made, to include Nike. Haven't bought a Nike product since.

It's HARD to find good, American-made sports products, or any other products for that matter. I mostly boycott companies for political reasons. Yeah, who the f- am I? Well, I'm just one of all those dollars in the OP Nike AIN'T getting. Nobody special :)