PDA

View Full Version : More demands

jimnyc
06-27-2020, 09:29 AM
Because the donor was a racist? The Uni needs to tell them to F off, and go to another school if they don't like it.

---

Students At University In Wisconsin Demand That Abraham Lincoln Statue Be Removed From Campus

If you’re wondering where all these radical leftists in America came from, look no further than the nearest college campus.

Academia has been spoon feeding a steady diet of leftism to American students for generations.

Now they are beginning to see the fruits of their labor.

At the University of Wisconsin-Madison, students are now demanding the removal of a campus statue of Abraham Lincoln.

From their petition:

Remove and replace “The Lincoln Statue” from Bascom Hill

Many UW-Madison students wait to take their picture on the lap of the Abe Lincoln statue atop Bascom Hill when they graduate. However, few know how this statue got to the top of the hill, and who put it there.

A little history about the Abraham Lincoln statue sitting at the top of Bascom that many seem to know and love:

One of the primary donors is Richard Lloyd Jones. This man was well-known for holding ultra-racist beliefs. He was a journalist that wrote articles inciting violence and even murder of black people. He also published the piece that instigated the Tulsa Massacre, which devastated Black Wall Street in 1821. The other primary donor was a man named Thomas Brittingham Jr, a known member of the KKK. As for Abraham Lincoln, while his history with race relations is questionable, this statue has nothing to do with the creation and continuation of education on UW-Madison’s campus and was merely a gift of political capital.

We ask that the university consider removing the statue from Bascom and direct funding towards a new installation acknowledging the past, present and future of UW-Madison. This statue stands on sacred and stolen Ho Chunk land, and whatever stands there should not stand as a reminder of racist legacies that contributed to this campus.

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/06/students-university-wisconsin-demand-abraham-lincoln-statue-removed-campus/

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-27-2020, 09:40 AM
Because the donor was a racist? The Uni needs to tell them to F off, and go to another school if they don't like it.

---

Students At University In Wisconsin Demand That Abraham Lincoln Statue Be Removed From Campus

If you’re wondering where all these radical leftists in America came from, look no further than the nearest college campus.

Academia has been spoon feeding a steady diet of leftism to American students for generations.

Now they are beginning to see the fruits of their labor.

At the University of Wisconsin-Madison, students are now demanding the removal of a campus statue of Abraham Lincoln.

From their petition:

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/06/students-university-wisconsin-demand-abraham-lincoln-statue-removed-campus/

The big push from these Marxist organizations is to vilify and destroy this nation as it was founded-to utterly destroy the Constitution.
Statues and destroying history is the first step- each step afterwards will destroy more and more of what millions of Americans have fought and dies for.
Unless we wake up, step up , and decide to take pro-active actions-- they will succeed.

"ALL that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
This famous quote was from British statesman Edmund Burke, who was born JANUARY 12, 1729.

If they can find a statue of Edmund Burke it also will definitely be destroyed.

These people are vermin... worthless slugs...-Tyr

Gunny
06-27-2020, 10:39 AM
Lot easier to remove the student from campus. Obviously hasn't learned anything useful.

KarlMarx
06-27-2020, 02:06 PM
So the implication if the BLM bunch is that they aren’t racist. After all, they have placed themselves in a position where they sit in judgement of all wrong. They are the virtuosos of virtue signaling. When actually, many of them follow a philosophy that has claimed the lives of 100 million people in the past century

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pete311
06-27-2020, 04:46 PM
Look I think this over the line, but I was listening to a podcast on Abraham Lincoln and a lot of his anti-slavery viewpoints were political and strategic. He has some pretty racist quotes himself. Something about how he blamed the black slaves for the war in the first place.

jimnyc
06-27-2020, 04:59 PM
Look I think this over the line, but I was listening to a podcast on Abraham Lincoln and a lot of his anti-slavery viewpoints were political and strategic. He has some pretty racist quotes himself. Something about how he blamed the black slaves for the war in the first place.

But he was American history, he was still a president of the USA, and it wasn't like the times are the same. Too many coming down, and too many making little sense. If they want to erase everyone in American history that had a connection to slavery in some manner back then, won't be many memories left. It does NOT make things right in today's times, but it's still history, and these latest of monuments in the past few week were/are of former American presidents.

I couldn't care less what the worst of worst far right conspiracy theories about Obama, nothing would convince me that any monuments that stand, should be taken down. He was an American president. He should be remembered and acknowledged for such. An entire terms of presidencies shouldn't be erased, torn down, forgotten or whatever - good or bad, you cannot negate 4 or 8 years of someone giving up life as they know it, to help lead and make America better. Folks can debate that from now until forever, but it won't change.

What started as the confederate flag, then onto confederate monuments then went on to anyone that they thought was racist in any way imaginable, and monuments of former presidents of the USA. Right or Left, cared for their agendas or not, they WERE former presidents.

It would be nice to forget all negativity from American history, but we can't and we shouldn't.

pete311
06-27-2020, 05:02 PM
But he was American history, he was still a president of the USA, and it wasn't like the times are the same. Too many coming down, and too many making little sense. If they want to erase everyone in American history that had a connection to slavery in some manner back then, won't be many memories left. It does NOT make things right in today's times, but it's still history, and these latest of monuments in the past few week were/are of former American presidents.

I couldn't care less what the worst of worst far right conspiracy theories about Obama, nothing would convince me that any monuments that stand, should be taken down. He was an American president. He should be remembered and acknowledged for such. An entire terms of presidencies shouldn't be erased, torn down, forgotten or whatever - good or bad, you cannot negate 4 or 8 years of someone giving up life as they know it, to help lead and make America better. Folks can debate that from now until forever, but it won't change.

What started as the confederate flag, then onto confederate monuments then went on to anyone that they thought was racist in any way imaginable, and monuments of former presidents of the USA. Right or Left, cared for their agendas or not, they WERE former presidents.

It would be nice to forget all negativity from American history, but we can't and we shouldn't.

Museums are for history. Do you think Germany should keep Hitler and Nazi statues and flags in public places? After all, it's history. Hitler was president. People are going to forget about Hitler unless we have monuments of him, right?

jimnyc
06-27-2020, 05:06 PM
Museums are for history. Do you think Germany should keep Hitler and Nazi statues and flags in public places? After all, it's history. Hitler was president. People are going to forget about Hitler unless we have monuments of him, right?

I don't care what Germany does, this is America, we're a little different here.

I'll say this though - going along with that, if any of these folks on the monuments were guilty of mass murder and crimes to humanity - then by all means take it down.

And EVEN IF you say they would be best in a museum, then does that make it right to tear them down, try to burn them, vandalize them and drag them down the road? Or are these just upstanding citizens who are assisting in relocating them to the local museum? :rolleyes:

Gunny
06-27-2020, 05:34 PM
Look I think this over the line, but I was listening to a podcast on Abraham Lincoln and a lot of his anti-slavery viewpoints were political and strategic. He has some pretty racist quotes himself. Something about how he blamed the black slaves for the war in the first place.That is actually a good assessment. Lincoln did not believe in slavery. He also did not believe blacks were equal to whites. Take that for what it is. Lincoln was a man of his times. Most thought exactly the same way.

As far as the issue f slavery causing the war, if he actually believed that then he was naive. Which he proved to be in more ways than one. On the other hand, give the actual contributions of blacks vs cost by blacks? I'd as soon shoot between the eyes the first slave trader that stepped foot on American soil as wave his ship off. the issue of blacks has been nothing but divisive and destructive from the FF's to this current bunch of bullshit. For the damage done, I'd just as soon they been left where they were instead of being sold to slavers by their own kind. Lest we forget that latter part than never seems to make it into conversations.