PDA

View Full Version : Facebook Announces Hate Speech Advertisement Ban

Gunny
06-27-2020, 12:37 PM
Looks like FB can go into the round file with the MSM. Looks like it has now gone into the business of telling people what "hate speech" is. Translation: what you are allowed to think and communicate. You are no longer allowed to call a rose a rose unless FB deems it politically correct.

OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 9:25 AM PT — Saturday, June 27, 2020Mark Zuckerberg recently announced Facebook will prohibit hate speech from now on. On Friday, the CEO announced the platform will prohibit any advertisements that claim society is threatened by members of a particular race, ethnicity, gender or other protected category.
This came after several major companies threatened to pull Facebook advertisements for the month of July. Zuckerberg specifically noted posts from politicians will be removed if they “incite violence or suppress voting.”
According to the CEO, other posts may be flagged if they do not adhere to the company’s rules.
“We’re going to start labeling content that we find newsworthy that might otherwise violate our policies,” he said. “…If we determine the content may lead to violence or deprive people of their right to vote, we’re going to take that content down, no matter who says it.”
Facebook will also notify users if they try to share a post that has been flagged.

This comes as many social media users on both sides of the aisle have pointed out censorship abuses by big tech.
Attorney General William Barr has addressed how the Department of Justice might handle big tech censorship. In an interview with Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), Barr claimed the department is investigating several tech companies on the grounds of antitrust laws.
According to reports (https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/06/will-making-decisions-next-weeks-actions-bill-barr-antitrust-investigation-major-internet-platforms-video/), he will be announcing specific measures in the next few weeks.
The attorney general is reportedly considering revisions to Section 230, which protects companies from content on their sites and ensures equal speech representation.
“They built up this powerful network, very strong market power, based on the representation that they were sort of open to all as sort of a bulletin board,” explained Barr. “When they got that market power, now they’re censoring views.”
Some of the legal changes may include a requirement for platforms to provide clearer “terms of service” agreements reasons for deleted posts and an appeals process for users
https://www.oann.com/facebook-announces-hate-speech-advertisement-ban/

jimnyc
06-27-2020, 12:44 PM
"Hate Speech Advertisement Ban"

or

"Anything we don't like Republican or anything that may harm Biden in an election year ban"

Nitwits outright said they wanted this, and they wanted labels basically on anything Trump posts - and the leftists in charge go right along with it.

What was that about how these social media sites don't ban conservatives? Hell, they basically came out and outright stated that was the case, and not long after Project Veritas releases undercover video showing the efforts behind the scenes.

Black Diamond
06-27-2020, 12:46 PM
Fuck Facebook in the face.

Gunny
06-27-2020, 12:50 PM
"Hate Speech Advertisement Ban"

or

"Anything we don't like Republican or anything that may harm Biden in an election year ban"

Nitwits outright said they wanted this, and they wanted labels basically on anything Trump posts - and the leftists in charge go right along with it.

What was that about how these social media sites don't ban conservatives? Hell, they basically came out and outright stated that was the case, and not long after Project Veritas releases undercover video showing the efforts behind the scenes.I was not aware these companies are protected from being sued for discrimination. That's BS, IMO.

I realize the can of worms that can open up, but what they are currently doing is hiding behind it to push a political agenda. Whatever happened to "a happy medium" in this country?

I have suspected, but of course cannot prove, the real impetus behind ALL the crap going on right now is because not the Dems who are just lackey's to the MSM, but the MSM itself lost the 2016 election. It chose the last 3 Republican candidates only to realize too late they screwed up on Trump.

SassyLady
06-27-2020, 06:01 PM
I gave up FB on New Year's Day 2019. So, 18 months ago. Precisely because of their bias. Why anyone is still on there baffles me.

Gunny
06-27-2020, 06:17 PM
I gave up FB on New Year's Day 2019. So, 18 months ago. Precisely because of their bias. Why anyone is still on there baffles me.I never joined. Just listening to conservatives over the years convinced me I don't need the place.

Yes, it keeps me out of the loop in that regard. However, let us be real. We are talking about me. How long would I last in such a place? I figure not even past the initial join and a few of my comments on BS :)

pete311
06-27-2020, 06:31 PM
Enjoy Parler, it's like one big incel party.