PDA

View Full Version : Highest number of COVID-19 cases in a single day reported in San Antonio, Bexar Count

Gunny
06-27-2020, 09:56 PM
Yea for us :smoke:

The novel coronavirus surge continues at a rapid rate, as 795 additional COVID-19 cases were announced in San Antonio and Bexar County on Saturday. The total number of cases is currently 9,652.

The numbers were announced on the city’s coronavirus webpage (https://covid19.sanantonio.gov/About-COVID-19/Case-Numbers-Table-Data). Two new deaths were reported, and the death toll is now at 107.
City leaders are alarmed at the rapid increase in hospitalizations, especially on Saturday. Officials reported a record of 58 COVID-related EMS transports and 730 patients now in area hospitals.
According to the city’s website, there are currently 21% of available staffed beds and 66% of available ventilators.
The state of Texas reported 5,747 new cases on Saturday and an additional 42 deaths, bringing the death toll to 2,366.
Just a day earlier, Gov. Greg Abbott shut down bars and other similar establishments in the state whose receipts consist of 51% or more of alcohol sales. However, they can still remain open for delivery and takeout.
RELATED: Gov. Greg Abbott says bars must close by noon, restaurants to scale back capacity (https://www.ksat.com/news/texas/2020/06/26/gov-greg-abbott-says-bars-must-close-by-noon-restaurants-to-scale-back-capacity/)
Also, starting on Monday, area restaurants will have to limit their capacity from 75% back to 50%, under the governor’s order.

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2020/06/28/highest-number-of-cases-in-a-single-day-reported-in-san-antonio-bexar-county/

Black Diamond
06-27-2020, 11:54 PM
Who knew covid would spread at protests.

hjmick
06-28-2020, 05:16 AM
SC had 1,599 yesterday. A new record.

pete311
06-28-2020, 07:38 AM
Who knew covid would spread at protests.

somewhere deep in your black heart you know you’re compromised

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-28-2020, 09:51 AM

I suspect that somewhere in deep your blackened heart you know you are happily brainwashed.
Or else you have no clue and are faithfully ignorant but woefully arrogant and blinded by the insidious propaganda cereal you eat for breakfast
each morn.
Either possibility is a sad case and one we see all too damn clearly. Seek help , amigo.-Tyr

Gunny
06-28-2020, 10:22 AM
Who knew covid would spread at protests.Can't say that about here. We had that one night that was more of a fizzle for the bad guys.

It's being blamed on opening the bars and restaurants here. They opened up and they packed the bars without masks on. Besides being a dumbass for going in the first place, you KNOW if you're going to a bar without a mask you might as well have "One Night Stand" stamped on your forehead :laugh:.

I, of course, just went to the store. It is as dead out there as it ever has been since this covid crap began. Like everything else in this Nation it seems, somebody's got to die where you are before anyone wakes up.

Black Diamond
06-28-2020, 11:46 AM
Racist.

Black Diamond
06-28-2020, 11:49 AM
Can't say that about here. We had that one night that was more of a fizzle for the bad guys.

It's being blamed on opening the bars and restaurants here. They opened up and they packed the bars without masks on. Besides being a dumbass for going in the first place, you KNOW if you're going to a bar without a mask you might as well have "One Night Stand" stamped on your forehead :laugh:.

I, of course, just went to the store. It is as dead out there as it ever has been since this covid crap began. Like everything else in this Nation it seems, somebody's got to die where you are before anyone wakes up.

Yeah it was more of a national comment if you will. Funny the virus doesn't care whether you're protesting white privilege or trying to get laid.

Abbey Marie
06-28-2020, 12:05 PM
Can't say that about here. We had that one night that was more of a fizzle for the bad guys.

Can you picture people hooking up with just masks on? Gives new meaning to “using protection”, lol.

:laugh2:

Black Diamond
06-28-2020, 12:45 PM
Can you picture people hooking up with just masks on? Gives new meaning to “using protection”, lol.

:laugh2:

I'm sure you have seen pretty woman?? "I don't kiss on the mouth". And then they do and you know there is a connection. :)

First base may become the new home run. :cool:

Gunny
06-28-2020, 12:52 PM
I'm sure you have seen pretty woman?? "I don't kiss on the mouth". And then they do and you know there is a connection. :)

First base may become the new home run. :cool:Y'know, I was going to say something about you watching girly movies, but then, even I have been forced to endure them at times.

But to actually remember a line from one?:no:

Abbey Marie
06-28-2020, 02:56 PM
Y'know, I was going to say something about you watching girly movies, but then, even I have been forced to endure them at times.

But to actually remember a line from one?:no:

It’s a give and take, no? I watched Tears of the Sun last night with Russ.
To be honest, I like many action movies, and don’t really like Rom-Coms. Terminator, the Predator series, Alien series, Predators vs Alien, etc. (Sensing a theme here, lol)

Kathianne
06-28-2020, 04:19 PM
To be honest, I like many action movies, and don’t really like Rom-Coms. Terminator, the Predator series, Alien series, Predators vs Alien, etc. (Sensing a theme here, lol)
I like history movies, even war one. (No shock). I like action films like the old Harrison Ford ones, (I'm a big Clancy fan-both movies and books.)

Not keen on sci-fi, certainly not fantasy.

Abbey Marie
06-28-2020, 04:24 PM
I like history movies, even war one. (No shock). I like action films like the old Harrison Ford ones, (I'm a big Clancy fan-both movies and books.)

I’m with you on History and War movies.

Gunny
06-28-2020, 05:23 PM
To be honest, I like many action movies, and don’t really like Rom-Coms. Terminator, the Predator series, Alien series, Predators vs Alien, etc. (Sensing a theme here, lol)FYI, I can't watch Tears of the Sun. THAT movie hits too close to home and if you ever wondered what it was/is like in Central Africa (minus Bruce Willis and his SEAL Team)? You just saw it. I REALLY liked the end. Lit those f-ing scumbags up like the 4th of July :helicopter:

I've been to one of those ville's after it had been "cleansed". STILL makes me mad.

As to your question, no, it isn't give and take. I DO realize that was/is a personal failing of mine as far as relationships go, but I won't do it. Fact is, I don't sit through ANY movie. It's on, I'm doing something.

Gunny
06-28-2020, 05:26 PM

I’m with you on History and War movies.War movies have to be pre-I was there. Anything I've been part of or can relate to is me just asking for it.

old ones don't phase me.

Abbey Marie
06-29-2020, 11:29 AM
FYI, I can't watch Tears of the Sun. THAT movie hits too close to home and if you ever wondered what it was/is like in Central Africa (minus Bruce Willis and his SEAL Team)? You just saw it. I REALLY liked the end. Lit those f-ing scumbags up like the 4th of July :helicopter:

I've been to one of those ville's after it had been "cleansed". STILL makes me mad.

As to your question, no, it isn't give and take. I DO realize that was/is a personal failing of mine as far as relationships go, but I won't do it. Fact is, I don't sit through ANY movie. It's on, I'm doing something.

Lol, I yelled "Yeah!" at the screen when that happened. It was awesome.

Compromising on a movie is easy. Some other things are much harder.

Gunny
06-29-2020, 02:05 PM
Wonder what today will bring. Yesterday, it was African dust, sirens all day, and walking outside is like walking into a wet blanket. I haven't even looked at the COVID numbers, but I couldn't walk outside without hearing sirens. Our hospitals are filled to capacity for ICU beds and we're just ordered to stay home. First come, first serve?

The African dust is just "lucky us". Every couple of years we apparently get a dustball from Africa that crosses the Atlantic then rolls right up the Gulf and we're right between it and where it is going. Talk about your allergy headache. It needs to go back to Africa and take BLM with it.

So everybody's wheezing from the dust and humidity, and COVID has to pile on. How are you supposed to know which one you have?

jimnyc
06-29-2020, 02:23 PM
Wonder what today will bring. Yesterday, it was African dust, sirens all day, and walking outside is like walking into a wet blanket. I haven't even looked at the COVID numbers, but I couldn't walk outside without hearing sirens. Our hospitals are filled to capacity for ICU beds and we're just ordered to stay home. First come, first serve?

The African dust is just "lucky us". Every couple of years we apparently get a dustball from Africa that crosses the Atlantic then rolls right up the Gulf and we're right between it and where it is going. Talk about your allergy headache. It needs to go back to Africa and take BLM with it.

So everybody's wheezing from the dust and humidity, and COVID has to pile on. How are you supposed to know which one you have?

I truly feel for you guys, and all others now getting severely affected by this. And trust me, I know how it feels and I know all the shit you'll be dealing with for the next month or 2. And I still think it'll return here and bounce around.

Gunny
06-29-2020, 04:10 PM
I truly feel for you guys, and all others now getting severely affected by this. And trust me, I know how it feels and I know all the shit you'll be dealing with for the next month or 2. And I still think it'll return here and bounce around.

One of my first questions back when all this started was: What about NEXT flu season? Has everyone decided this a one-off? It hits and then goes away? That doesn't sound like the flu to me.

Bigger picture question: are we going to go through all this lockdown and masks crap same time next year?

Abbey Marie
06-29-2020, 04:51 PM

Yeah, but do you have a Spotted Lantern Fly invasion? Huh?