PDA

View Full Version : PROTEST - Leftists protest a 9/11 memorial!

stephanie
09-13-2007, 07:26 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yZMgIKZUvFQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yZMgIKZUvFQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZMgIKZUvFQ

Guernicaa
09-13-2007, 08:14 PM
"However difficult this vote may be, some of us must urge the use of restraint. Our country is in a state of mourning. Some of us must say, let us step back for a moment. Let us pause for a minute and think through the implications of our actions today so that this does not spiral out of control

I have agonized over this vote, but I came to grips with it today and I came to grips with opposing this resolution during the very painful yet very beautiful memorial service. As a member of the clergy so eloquently said, 'As we act, let us not become the evil that we deplore.'”

-Rep. Barbara Lee, following the 9/11 attacks.

April15
09-13-2007, 08:25 PM
Where does it say this is a Democratic party stand?

5stringJeff
09-14-2007, 08:31 AM
Not many people deserve to get their asses beat for exercising their First Amendment rights. These guys are the exception.

diuretic
09-14-2007, 08:33 AM
Not many people deserve to get their asses beat for exercising their First Amendment rights. These guys are the exception.

Do you really believe that?

jimnyc
09-14-2007, 08:40 AM

If I was at a memorial in remembrance of those who perished on 9/11 and these guys pulled this crap they would be lucky to only get an ass kicking.

truthmatters
09-14-2007, 08:40 AM

diuretic
09-14-2007, 09:09 AM
If I was at a memorial in remembrance of those who perished on 9/11 and these guys pulled this crap they would be lucky to only get an ass kicking.

And you'd be okay with being charged with assault?

diuretic
09-14-2007, 09:11 AM
These idiots got to speak their minds and everyone survived.

I love freedom of speech and and always will.

I would defend the right to free speech to even people whos message I hate.

Good thoughts and I hope that the thread supports that. Right now though it's not looking too good.

jimnyc
09-14-2007, 09:11 AM
And you'd be okay with being charged with assault?

For defending the memory of those who perished on that day, ABSOLUTELY!

gabosaurus
09-14-2007, 01:05 PM
Bush has not defended their memory yet. Why should anyone else be expected to?

Monkeybone
09-14-2007, 02:10 PM
Bush has not defended their memory yet. Why should anyone else be expected to?

if you hate Bush so much and say that he is a horrible leader.....then why do you need him as an example as to what you should do?

Hagbard Celine
09-14-2007, 02:53 PM

OOH! OOH! AAH AH! AAGGHH! OOH, OOH Ooh ah ah ah. AAGGH! AAGgh!
http://www.rakemag.com/today/readmenace/archive/chimp%20(Custom).jpg

jimnyc
09-14-2007, 04:15 PM
OOH! OOH! AAH AH! AAGGHH! OOH, OOH Ooh ah ah ah. AAGGH! AAGgh!

Sounds like me AND looks like me, guilty as charged! Monkeys rule! :)

5stringJeff
09-14-2007, 04:15 PM

Well, I know I'd likely be arrested, but yeah, I'd probably throw down on them.

diuretic
09-14-2007, 11:26 PM
For defending the memory of those who perished on that day, ABSOLUTELY!

No you're not, you're belting someone who expressed an opinion you disagree with.

Psychoblues
09-14-2007, 11:45 PM
Common, here.

09-15-2007, 03:16 AM
These idiots got to speak their minds and everyone survived.

I love freedom of speech and and always will.

I would defend the right to free speech to even people whos message I hate.

You realize that freedom of speech isnt universal? I wish it was but its not. People who tend to abuse their rights, tend to lose them.

How long can people disrespect the dead and people mourning and funerals and memorials before society gets freaking tired of it and starts taking these peoples rights away?

09-15-2007, 03:19 AM
No you're not, you're belting someone who expressed an opinion you disagree with.

it has nothing to do with disagreement and everything to do with people disrespecting the dead.

jimnyc
09-15-2007, 07:15 AM

No, it has nothing to do with their opinion. I don't care WHAT they are there for at all, I care that they are disrespecting the service. If I go to something such as that, it's out of respect to those who perished and their loved ones. So my motives absolutely would be towards their remembrance.

Nukeman
09-15-2007, 07:29 AM
Where does it say this is a Democratic party stand?
Ummm it doesn't. It says LEFTIST... Try a reading class some time....

It actually said the Republicans and Democrats were in agreement!!!!