PDA

View Full Version : ........defunding the police department

LongTermGuy
07-05-2020, 10:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa7w_nJDK8Q

Hot Dogger
07-06-2020, 06:46 AM
Aside from a sheriff and a posse there's no real need for roving bands of armed marauders known as "police departments". The actual purpose of municipal police departments is the protection of state interests not that of citizens. Municipalities don't really have any kind of legal right to unleash roving marauders on citizens it's something that's occurred over the course of time. This idea of "defunding" the police still misses the point of the shady legal basis whereby police departments are even allowed to exist.

SassyLady
07-06-2020, 10:26 AM
Aside from a sheriff and a posse there's no real need for roving bands of armed marauders known as "police departments". The actual purpose of municipal police departments is the protection of state interests not that of citizens. Municipalities don't really have any kind of legal right to unleash roving marauders on citizens it's something that's occurred over the course of time. This idea of "defunding" the police still misses the point of the shady legal basis whereby police departments are even allowed to exist.

What do you propose instead?

Hot Dogger
07-06-2020, 11:02 AM
What do you propose instead?

Sheriffs and posses, since municipal police departments don't actually protect or serve anyone except themselves, law abiding and well armed citizens are all that's needed to protect and serve a civil society. Also, citizens with technology and the use of civil tort. Most criminal cases are better suited for resolution in civil court, where the victims would receive financial compensation, and those unable to pay would be subject to enslavement in accord with the 13th Amendment. Why should anyone no matter their crime spend their time idle in prison when they could be put to work and perhaps even be rehabilitated? This would also have the effect of ridding the nation of for-profit prisons.

SassyLady
07-06-2020, 11:40 AM
Sheriffs and posses, since municipal police departments don't actually protect or serve anyone except themselves, law abiding and well armed citizens are all that's needed to protect and serve a civil society. Also, citizens with technology and the use of civil tort. Most criminal cases are better suited for resolution in civil court, where the victims would receive financial compensation, and those unable to pay would be subject to enslavement in accord with the 13th Amendment. Why should anyone no matter their crime spend their time idle in prison when they could be put to work and perhaps even be rehabilitated? This would also have the effect of ridding the nation of for-profit prisons.

So, you still want LE, just not "police". Makes no sense to me. I'd rather have trained officers than a "posse".

Abbey Marie
07-06-2020, 11:47 AM
So, you still want LE, just not "police". Makes no sense to me. I'd rather have trained officers than a "posse".

And I’m sure folks would be lining up to take the same abuse the police currently do.

:rolleyes:

SassyLady
07-06-2020, 07:20 PM
And I’m sure folks would be lining up to take the same abuse the police currently do.

Agreed!
:thumb:

icansayit
07-06-2020, 07:48 PM

If that is what your simple mind wants. Then YOU should set the example for everyone else and BE THE FIRST in your Unsafe Neighborhood to Avoid calling 911 for help.

Black Diamond
07-06-2020, 07:59 PM

Yeah it sucks right now for cops. I try not to run the country down but what is happening to us?

Abbey Marie
07-06-2020, 08:09 PM
Yeah it sucks right now for cops. I try not to run the country down but what is happening to us?

It’s appalling.

Black Diamond
07-06-2020, 08:46 PM
It’s appalling.

It is. It's like we are being destroyed from within.