PDA

View Full Version : Justice Ginsberg has cancer again, won’t quit

Abbey Marie
07-17-2020, 02:43 PM
Of course she will continue, no matter how sick she is.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53451208?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.com/news/world/us_and_canada&link_location=live-reporting-story (https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53451208?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.com/news/world/us_and_canada&link_location=live-reporting-story)

Kathianne
07-17-2020, 02:49 PM
Of course she will continue, no matter how sick she is.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53451208?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.com/news/world/us_and_canada&link_location=live-reporting-story (https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53451208?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.com/news/world/us_and_canada&link_location=live-reporting-story)

I hope she makes it long enough to not have opening. Not because I don't want another Trump appointment, but we do not need anymore lit fuses to blow up and divide us anymore than already.

Abbey Marie
07-17-2020, 03:02 PM
I hope she makes it long enough to not have opening. Not because I don't want another Trump appointment, but we do not need anymore lit fuses to blow up and divide us anymore than already.

I would never go so far as to wish death on anyone, but I do hope she retires before the new term if Biden wins. As always, I consider the conservativeness of the USSC crucial. More so than any one President’s term. Of course the ideal situation for me is Trump wins, we keep the Senate, and he has 4 leisurely years to add a couple more of his nominees. A girl can dream.

NightTrain
07-17-2020, 03:23 PM
I've been wondering for a while now about her health... there's been press releases saying she's in the hospital for very minor reasons - a small infection, gall bladder, things like that. I suspected cancer again and that those stories were cover ups & partial truths.

Resurgence in cancer at 87 years old after pancreatic, colon, lung and liver cancer isn't good news for her. Wasn't there brain cancer too, a while back? That cancer has spread and they're just fighting a delaying action.

But yeah, she's going to try to hold out and hope that Biden pulls off a miracle. It's not too far fetched to see a Weekend at Bernie's photo op in December.

Jan 20th is the absolute minimum that she's looking at to preserve a liberal seat, and I suspect those are long odds.

Agree with Abbey here - SCOTUS is more important than 1 presidential term, and that extra seat will remove Roberts' unreliable swing voting from the equation, especially since Amy Barret is on deck. That'll give us stability for decades and end the foolishness of the lower courts and their activist stunts.

Besides, the only people that will be pissed are the ones who already loathe Trump. No loss there.

Besides, I'd love to hear the mighty chorus of squeals. I could use a few months of glorious schadenfreude.

Kathianne
07-17-2020, 03:38 PM
I've been wondering for a while now about her health... there's been press releases saying she's in the hospital for very minor reasons - a small infection, gall bladder, things like that. I suspected cancer again and that those stories were cover ups & partial truths.

Resurgence in cancer at 87 years old after pancreatic, colon, lung and liver cancer isn't good news for her. Wasn't there brain cancer too, a while back? That cancer has spread and they're just fighting a delaying action.

But yeah, she's going to try to hold out and hope that Biden pulls off a miracle. It's not too far fetched to see a Weekend at Bernie's photo op in December.

Jan 20th is the absolute minimum that she's looking at to preserve a liberal seat, and I suspect those are long odds.

Agree with Abbey here - SCOTUS is more important than 1 presidential term, and that extra seat will remove Roberts' unreliable swing voting from the equation, especially since Amy Barret is on deck. That'll give us stability for decades and end the foolishness of the lower courts and their activist stunts.

Besides, the only people that will be pissed are the ones who already loathe Trump. No loss there.

Besides, I'd love to hear the mighty chorus of squeals. I could use a few months of glorious schadenfreude.

I hear what you're both saying I just am not, never have been, hoping for as much civil unrest as there already is. I don't want to escalate, especially if not possible to get a confirmation in any case.

Abbey Marie
07-17-2020, 03:38 PM
“Weekend at Bernie’s” shot!

:laugh2:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-17-2020, 03:48 PM
The devil is gonna leave that witch alive until after the election.
Anything to try to get another leftist piece shit in -if brain-dead , sexual pervert, idiot uncle Joe wins.
Fate decides on death, my hope is that Fate does not take a vacation..
Sooner that ffing witch goes-THE BETTER-as she has been a disaster her entire time as a SCOTUS judge , imho..
Kagan and Soto both need to meet Fate sooner rather than later too, imho..
I have not even a shred of sympathy for those ffing leftist traitors...-- -Tyr

SassyLady
07-17-2020, 04:56 PM

Even if she retires or dies, I'm thinking Thomas or Breyer should also move on. If Biden wins I'm thinking both she and Breyer retire. If Trump wins she'll stay until she dies but maybe Thomas will retire.

Kathianne
07-17-2020, 04:58 PM
Even if she retires or dies, I'm thinking Thomas or Breyer should also move on. If Biden wins I'm thinking both she and Breyer retire. If Trump wins she'll stay until she dies but maybe Thomas will retire.

I expect she'll leave regardless of who wins. Just my gut.

NightTrain
07-17-2020, 08:10 PM

As much as I love Clarence Thomas and respect the hell out of his judgement, I don't want to get caught like the libs are right now with RBG. Seems he's still going strong though, and I haven't heard of any rumors of retirement. He's really a solid justice for us.

I expect she'll leave regardless of who wins. Just my gut.

Yeah, her departure is imminent. You can look at her and see death fast approaching - I know that look all too well from loved ones and friends who have succumbed to cancer.

icansayit
07-17-2020, 09:47 PM
I'm sad to say after learning more about her many cases of different cancers. I won't predict, but rather suggest...She isn't going to survive this time. I also suspect the doctors have been maintaining Her confidentiality..AFTER ALL...she is a Supreme Court Judge with much pull not offered to Just Anyone.
https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALeKk03JsyKBDa_wNC5JHfrmTepVXj2zag:15 95040323154&q=How+many+deaths+from+cancer+occur+in+persons+who +are+age+65+and+older%3F&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj8tfSe5NXqAhUtoHIEHSD0BR8Qzmd6BAgfEC0&biw=1224&bih=566
What percent of deaths in the United States occur among those over age 65?
Deaths were highest among individuals aged 85 years and older (10% to 27%), followed by people aged 65-84 years (3% to 11%), aged 55-64 years (1% to 3%), aged 20-54 years (less than 1%), and none among those aged 19 years and younger.

Gunny
07-18-2020, 09:55 AM
Way it's looking, that seat's going to have another legislating from the bench dem in it.

Kathianne
07-18-2020, 09:57 AM
Way it's looking, that seat's going to have another legislating from the bench dem in it.
Not looking good right now for House or Senate either. Can you imagine if there's no checks on the puppet masters if Biden does somehow win?

Gunny
07-18-2020, 10:04 AM
Not looking good right now for House or Senate either. Can you imagine if there's no checks on the puppet masters if Biden does somehow win?

I'm seeing total loss at this point. I don't know where you posted it -- one of the China threads -- but where the F is our President? I'd have lost a bet if anyone had told me 6 months ago he'd shut up.

I have seen absolutely nothing addressing the biggest issues this Nation faces currently. At this point, to me, this country looks like a platoon of recruits with no drill instructors, and the Senior Drill Instructor went fishing.

Gunny
07-18-2020, 10:10 AM
I firmly believe that a Dem sweep will be the beginning of the end for our society. The first casualty I see is the two-party system. Perhaps we will see an actual, physical war, but I doubt even that. The Republicans don't have the balls/the right will act too little too late, and the left will have all the power, the military and the Supreme Court. That's how they won the last civil war.

Is it any wonder the left has worked so diligently at smokescreening history ...

Kathianne
07-18-2020, 10:13 AM
I'm seeing total loss at this point. I don't know where you posted it -- one of the China threads -- but where the F is our President? I'd have lost a bet if anyone had told me 6 months ago he'd shut up.

I have seen absolutely nothing addressing the biggest issues this Nation faces currently. At this point, to me, this country looks like a platoon of recruits with no drill instructors, and the Senior Drill Instructor went fishing.

He's not shutting up. He rants about by how much Sessions lost; why schools all should be fully opened; how he really can't stop others in the administration from knocking Fauci; etc.

Things may turn around; perhaps there are many, many, many more people that will vote for him but not tell anyone, though all polling is taking the missing from last time into acct.; it just seems insane to not focus on what the people like about him, instead focusing on what makes so many nervous about him, especially from the middle right and independents.

Gunny
07-18-2020, 10:21 AM
He's not shutting up. He rants about by how much Sessions lost; why schools all should be fully opened; how he really can't stop others in the administration from knocking Fauci; etc.

Things may turn around; perhaps there are many, many, many more people that will vote for him but not tell anyone, though all polling is taking the missing from last time into acct.; it just seems insane to not focus on what the people like about him, instead focusing on what makes so many nervous about him, especially from the middle right and independents.Which is MORE annoying to me. You're correct that he isn't shutting up. He's just not addressing the elephants in the room.

I expect more from a leader and I'm tired of hearing as an excuse "well, the MSM/Dems/left will ..." They already are. There's nothing to lose here by taking charge of the situation and handling it :bang3: He's got a lot to gain though. If he even half-ass pulls this Nation out of its current situation that could easily turn the election in his favor.

Abbey Marie
07-18-2020, 10:24 AM
Which is MORE annoying to me. You're correct that he isn't shutting up. He's just not addressing the elephants in the room.

I expect more from a leader and I'm tired of hearing as an excuse "well, the MSM/Dems/left will ..." They already are. There's nothing to lose here by taking charge of the situation and handling it :bang3: He's got a lot to gain though. If he even half-ass pulls this Nation out of its current situation that could easily turn the election in his favor.

I think he’s weary. As would anyone be, if they are publicly accused daily of every bad thing under the sun.

And the thing that energizes him and his base, rallies, ain’t happening.

Kathianne
07-18-2020, 10:30 AM
I think he’s weary. As would anyone be, if they are publicly accused daily of every bad thing under the sun.

And the thing that energizes him and his base, rallies, ain’t happening.

I'm sure he is, he's looked exhausted, depressed at times since OK rally that wasn't. I think though, my point and Gunny's is that a leader pushes through and leads-he's not. He's wallowing and blaming other forces.

Abbey Marie
07-18-2020, 11:00 AM
I'm sure he is, he's looked exhausted, depressed at times since OK rally that wasn't. I think though, my point and Gunny's is that a leader pushes through and leads-he's not. He's wallowing and blaming other forces.

I think leaders are as human as anyone else, and these are almost unprecedented attacks on a president. Perhaps Lincoln, but at least no ubiquitous worldwide social media railing against him. I hope these jerks are proud of what they’ve done in pursuit of regaining their own power. I for one remain disgusted.

As for wallowing and blaming others, wallowing is a strong word that I cannot agree with (see above), and placing blame in these times is more than warranted.

Do I wish he’d take another tack? Sure. Do I blame him for feeling compelled to fight back? Nope.

NightTrain
07-18-2020, 11:13 AM
I'll be the first to admit that Alaska isn't... normal... but what I'm seeing is a much broader base of Trump support, not decreased.

Are you guys seeing less support down south there?

Gunny
07-18-2020, 11:25 AM
I think leaders are as human as anyone else, and these are almost unprecedented attacks on a president. Perhaps Lincoln, but at least no ubiquitous worldwide social media railing against him. I hope these jerks are proud of what they’ve done in pursuit of regaining their own power. I for one remain disgusted.

As for wallowing and blaming others, wallowing is a strong word that I cannot agree with (see above), and placing blame in these times is more than warranted.

Do I wish he’d take another tack? Sure. Do I blame him for feeling compelled to fight back? Nope.A leader sucks it up and leads when everything looks bleakest. They don't have time for their own BS, pity party. People will follow a strong leader. Conversely, they will disregard a weak leader and replace him/her with someone they feel is capable.

IMO, Trump does not know how to fight outside a ledger. I give him his due where economics and business are concerned, but he hasn't handled actual confrontation well at all.

I'll give him that the Governors should be handling the coronavirus issue. It is his job to step in when they cannot or fail. He's the President of the US, and our leader and if it's not his job to step in and take charge when shit goes South, then someone needs to tell me who. And going back to "it's the Governor's faults" is BS when past that point. You can delegate authority, but you cannot delegate responsibility.

Likewise his handling of all these riots and other BS going on. He should have stepped in and taken charge once it became clear the Governor's were not going to. THAT is his responsibility.

I'm a Marine. I'm not going to let him off the hook for that. If he pulls a rabbit out of his hat tomorrow and fixes everything I'm STILL going to ask WTF took so long? It costs to much when you are "the man" to falter in front of those you lead, and are expecting you to.

Kathianne
07-18-2020, 11:31 AM
I'll be the first to admit that Alaska isn't... normal... but what I'm seeing is a much broader base of Trump support, not decreased.

I can only speak for what I see in the very bit of AZ I'm seeing. As opposed to what I witnessed up further north in Sedona area during the last election, there is NO Support I see for Biden. OTOH, the only folks I'm seeing with Trump stickers/tshirts/masks are those that one would assume are what I'd call his 'core' supporters. I do NOT think all his supporters, nor his 'core' are deplorables, but will say those I'm seeing are pretty much on the side of being of rough presentation, meaning not all that clean and pretty aggressive for being at a Walmart or grocery store in town. That's less than 10 people though all told. Better than 0 for Biden, but not what one could call overwhelming excitement one would expect at this point in time.

Abbey Marie
07-18-2020, 11:37 AM

Northern Delaware is so liberal it’s quite rare to see a Trump supporter. I do see a few of them opining in my Neighborhood app, though.

Kathianne
07-18-2020, 11:38 AM

Do I wish he’d take another tack? Sure. Do I blame him for feeling compelled to fight back? Nope.

I agree with what he's going through, it's horrible. OTOH, his way of fighting back is self-sabotaging, he'll lose if he keeps going to his weak side. He has strengths that he's not focusing on, rather going after grudges and rants at forces out of his control-he can't control the virus, no matter how loud he gets or how much he wishes. He can't control the fear people, especially one of his largest blocs last election-the older people-towards the virus. If he can't comfort, he needs to appeal to hope against other fears-China and law/order. Tell us what he plans, not how he's just better than Biden. When discussing Biden-tie him to Obama's war on the police and his son and China.

Can still make hits, just make them focused hits.

His interview with Chris Wallace appears to be a disaster, one that was unnecessary. He let his angst get him to be pushed into bluster at best; lying at worst. He makes Biden look better, by coming off as rambling. He did the same in Rose Garden the other day.

Abbey Marie
07-18-2020, 11:38 AM
A leader sucks it up and leads when everything looks bleakest. They don't have time for their own BS, pity party. People will follow a strong leader. Conversely, they will disregard a weak leader and replace him/her with someone they feel is capable.

IMO, Trump does not know how to fight outside a ledger. I give him his due where economics and business are concerned, but he hasn't handled actual confrontation well at all.

I'll give him that the Governors should be handling the coronavirus issue. It is his job to step in when they cannot or fail. He's the President of the US, and our leader and if it's not his job to step in and take charge when shit goes South, then someone needs to tell me who. And going back to "it's the Governor's faults" is BS when past that point. You can delegate authority, but you cannot delegate responsibility.

Likewise his handling of all these riots and other BS going on. He should have stepped in and taken charge once it became clear the Governor's were not going to. THAT is his responsibility.

I'm a Marine. I'm not going to let him off the hook for that. If he pulls a rabbit out of his hat tomorrow and fixes everything I'm STILL going to ask WTF took so long? It costs to much when you are "the man" to falter in front of those you lead, and are expecting you to.

I agree with some of your points, but I’ve said how I feel on the matter. I will continue to support and pray for him.

Kathianne
07-18-2020, 11:41 AM
I agree with some of your points, but I’ve said how I feel on the matter. I will continue to support and pray for him.

I want to be able to support, at the very least vote for him. He still has to keep all he had and gain some of the middle.

The left is not excited by Biden, hell most think he's a damaged as any of us. BUT, they are excited to get Trump out, which is more motivating than I see Trump doing with those he needs. I do hope I'm wrong, I fear Biden or rather those pulling his strings, more than I feared Trump last election.

NightTrain
07-18-2020, 11:42 AM

No way. The democrats have had that trap planned, set and waiting since this all began.

The rioters running roughshod are all in democrat controlled areas. They're goading Trump into wading into the mess and cracking a few idiot skulls, and he's doing the wise thing by letting the democrats wallow in the mess they created.

It's a no-win to roll into Portland or Seattle or Minneapolis or Chicago and restore order. Not during an election year. Imagine the optics of that - soldiers grabbing man-buns and stuffing them into paddy wagons, while soldiers are assaulted by molotovs and worse.

No, even though I'd cheer wildly to see some heavy handed law-n-order, he's doing the right thing by staying out of that. It is the Governor's and Mayor's issue that they themselves encouraged and created and a total loser for the President to assert Fed authority to restore order.

There's a twofold advantage to playing it like Trump is :

1) Trump doesn't take a black eye for engaging - and he most certainly would, and

2) The normal tax paying people are getting a good reality check as to what happens ultimately when you elect democrats.

Kathianne
07-18-2020, 11:43 AM
No way. The democrats have had that trap planned, set and waiting since this all began.

The rioters running roughshod are all in democrat controlled areas. They're goading Trump into wading into the mess and cracking a few idiot skulls, and he's doing the wise thing by letting the democrats wallow in the mess they created.

It's a no-win to roll into Portland or Seattle or Minneapolis or Chicago and restore order. Not during an election year. Imagine the optics of that - soldiers grabbing man-buns and stuffing them into paddy wagons, while soldiers are assaulted by molotovs and worse.

No, even though I'd cheer wildly to see some heavy handed law-n-order, he's doing the right thing by staying out of that. It is the Governor's and Mayor's issue that they themselves encouraged and created and a total loser for the President to assert Fed authority to restore order.

1) Trump doesn't take a black eye for engaging - and he most certainly would, and

2) The normal tax paying people are getting a good reality check as to what happens ultimately when you elect democrats.

I have to agree with you here, though I agree that Gunny's path is a quicker fix, it may have made impeachment more viable IF he were to win in November. Federalism is alive and well when the state is Democrat.

Black Diamond
07-18-2020, 11:55 AM
A leader sucks it up and leads when everything looks bleakest. They don't have time for their own BS, pity party. People will follow a strong leader. Conversely, they will disregard a weak leader and replace him/her with someone they feel is capable.

Would you send tanks into Minneapolis, Seattle, and Chicago? Much as I would enjoy watching rioters getting g run over and shot... How much power does trump have to stuff these riots and desecrations? The courts side with the left over and over again. 10th amendment.. Unless you're talking about Obolshevikcare and queer "rights"

Black Diamond
07-18-2020, 11:59 AM

Turns out we are saying a lot of the same thing.

Gunny
07-18-2020, 12:04 PM
I agree with some of your points, but I’ve said how I feel on the matter. I will continue to support and pray for him.It's not a matter of supporting him. It has always bugged me that if and when I criticize him I get the black-or-white, no gray response.

I want him to win. I want him to succeed. I get pissed off at him when I see him doing anything to the contrary. I don't care about his petty, pissing contests that go nowhere. I care that we don't end up with Dems for President, control of the House, control of the Senate and for sure a Dem to replace Ginsburg, meaning we lost the Court too. We are done as we are if that happens.

But I'm not going to sit here and pretend "it ain't happening", "he's doing the best he can", "he can't do right no matter what according to the left" are acceptable excuses during a time of crisis for not leading. If he was so much as out front taking charge and just pretending he had it under control, exuding confidence it would make a difference to those he is supposed to be leading.

When it appears he doesn't care and his pissing contests are more important, so too do those he leads think.

Kathianne's right. He needs to get out there and play to his strengths. Confront China. Confront the Dems on supporting anarchists and racist blacks. Go after the Hispanic vote. He can do all those things and he's not.

Black Diamond
07-18-2020, 12:11 PM
It's not a matter of supporting him. It has always bugged me that if and when I criticize him I get the black-or-white, no gray response.

I want him to win. I want him to succeed. I get pissed off at him when I see him doing anything to the contrary. I don't care about his petty, pissing contests that go nowhere. I care that we don't end up with Dems for President, control of the House, control of the Senate and for sure a Dem to replace Ginsburg, meaning we lost the Court too. We are done as we are if that happens.

But I'm not going to sit here and pretend "it ain't happening", "he's doing the best he can", "he can't do right no matter what according to the left" are acceptable excuses during a time of crisis for not leading. If he was so much as out front taking charge and just pretending he had it under control, exuding confidence it would make a difference to those he is supposed to be leading.

When it appears he doesn't care and his pissing contests are more important, so too do those he leads think.

Kathianne's right. He needs to get out there and play to his strengths. Confront China. Confront the Dems on supporting anarchists and racist blacks. Go after the Hispanic vote. He can do all those things and he's not.

I am frustrated by many of these inactions. Remember when he said "fire that sonofabitch" re the NFL kneelers? He needs a moment like that now. If he can make this election about pro America vs anti America, there is enough folks over 30 he would win in a landslide.

Kathianne
07-18-2020, 12:17 PM
I am frustrated by many of these inactions. Remember when he said "fire that sonofabitch" re the NFL kneelers? He needs a moment like that now. If he can make this election about pro America vs anti America, there is enough folks over 30 he would win in a landslide.

Yep, THIS is where we're going and why. Ignore those things that are personal vendettas, he may be a very petty, vindictive person, but he needs to stow it in public. It's fine to say, "A lot of citizens in OR, WA, IL, NY, GA are very unhappy about their businesses, their lack of feeling safe, and fear losing the police. We stand ready to help in any way their local leaders want, but they need to ask. In the meantime, we are open to any overtures on how to address peaceful suggestions on federal issues, but will prosecute, as said repeatedly, any destruction of federal property or federal laws that are broken.

In regards to China's actions today. . ."

Black Diamond
07-18-2020, 12:23 PM
Yep, THIS is where we're going and why. Ignore those things that are personal vendettas, he may be a very petty, vindictive person, but he needs to stow it in public. It's fine to say, "A lot of citizens in OR, WA, IL, NY, GA are very unhappy about their businesses, their lack of feeling safe, and fear losing the police. We stand ready to help in any way their local leaders want, but they need to ask. In the meantime, we are open to any overtures on how to address peaceful suggestions on federal issues, but will prosecute, as said repeatedly, any destruction of federal property or federal laws that are broken.

In regards to China's actions today. . ."
Yes!! China!! How many connections do Biden and his son have to China? Joe was willing to kiss china's ass to the point where he would have continued to allow flights from that country into ours. The dems support china. China is our enemy. Therefore, the dems support our enemy. Therefore the dems are anti-american.

The above is a good start imo.

Black Diamond
07-18-2020, 12:35 PM
He can still turn this around. A lot can happen in four months. Dukakis had an 18 point lead in August. I think Hillarys was 13 when the Billy Bush tape was released on October 7.

8 points is nothing with a dull mindless candidate. But Donald needs a shot of energy. And he needs to DO something. It's his and his advisors ' job to figure out what.

Kathianne
07-18-2020, 12:41 PM
He can still turn this around. A lot can happen in four months. Dukakis had an 18 point lead in August. I think Hillarys was 13 when the Billy Bush tape was released on October 7.

8 points is nothing with a dull mindless candidate. But Donald needs a shot of energy. And he needs to DO something. It's his and his advisors ' job to figure out what.

Yes he does. Abbey and I agree on most things, I do think there are many things that Trump needs to purposefully stop doing, at minimum at least until the election.

Abbey Marie
07-18-2020, 01:40 PM
Yes he does. Abbey and I agree on most things, I do think there are many things that Trump needs to purposefully stop doing, at minimum at least until the election.

It is also possible, God help us, that he’s actually happy with a one and done.

Abbey Marie
07-18-2020, 01:53 PM
It's not a matter of supporting him. It has always bugged me that if and when I criticize him I get the black-or-white, no gray response.

As I’d said, I agree with some of your points. It would be good if he addressed those things strongly; no argument here. I was not portraying it as black and white, so no need to be pissed because of me. I was saying there are unprecedented reasons for his actions/reactions. That doesn’t mean I like the way he handles everything (I’ve said I do not). It also doesn’t mean that I will stop supporting him because of the delivery or the tenor of the message. That would be a black and white approach. I believe in just about all of his policies, I believe in his handling of the economy, and I super-believe in his judicial appointments, federal and USSC.

That is how I make my decisions about for whom to vote. Not on his unfortunate schoolyard taunts and vindictive statements. I honestly don’t care that much. Now if you are going to tell me that he isn’t doing anything behind the scenes to run the country, that he is just sitting there with his thumb up his posterior, that’s another thing.

Kathianne
07-18-2020, 02:04 PM
It is also possible, God help us, that he’s actually happy with a one and done.
If the result is Biden, he's done the country great harm, no?

Gunny
07-18-2020, 02:22 PM
As I’d said, I agree with some of your points. It would be good if he addressed those things strongly; no argument here. I was not portraying it as black and white, so no need to be pissed because of me. I was saying there are unprecedented reasons for his actions/reactions. That doesn’t mean I like the way he handles everything (I’ve said I do not). It also doesn’t mean that I will stop supporting him because of the delivery or the tenor of the message. That would be a black and white approach. I believe in just about all of his policies, I believe in his handling of the economy, and I super-believe in his judicial appointments, federal and USSC.

That is how I make my decisions about for whom to vote. Not on his unfortunate schoolyard taunts and vindictive statements. I honestly don’t care that much. Now if you are going to tell me that he isn’t doing anything behind the scenes to run the country, that he is just sitting there with his thumb up his posterior, that’s another thing.

I am not pissed at anyone. I'm frustrated with the President of the United States, who in a time of crisis, by all appearances has dropped his pack in the middle of the trail. I'd rather him screw up trying to do the right thing than do nothing.

Kathianne
07-18-2020, 02:38 PM
I am not pissed at anyone. I'm frustrated with the President of the United States, who in a time of crisis, by all appearances has dropped his pack in the middle of the trail. I'd rather him screw up trying to do the right thing than do nothing.

Yeah, though for the most part, you and I are the ones saying this, not 'true' supporters? Is that the problem? I just figured that getting every vote possible and there are many that were 'supporters' that are now not-mostly because of virus; though losing some now because of schools. There are not as many 'undecideds' as last election, which means fewer up for grabs.

I do think the opposition to Trump are going to be more motivated than those who are not 'core' supporters, he needs to keep all the votes he can garner. At least that is my take on today. Things could change down the road, hopefully from the president; though as this year should have already taught us all, from circumstances beyond his control.

Abbey Marie
07-18-2020, 03:20 PM

So, are you saying he’s actually doing nothing, or he is doing stuff, but he’s guilty of not telling us what he is doing?

Kathianne
07-18-2020, 03:30 PM
So, are you saying he’s actually doing nothing, or he is doing stuff, but he’s guilty of not telling us what he is doing?

Now I won't speak at all for Gunny. My problem is what and how he's saying about virus, people, and schools. He's not good at all at being comforting to people's fears, so he should avoid that-because what and how he's talking about the virus, outcome, what is MOST important in his view, is driving too many away.

He is not taking his strengths to the people right now, not like he did in the last election-even though I didn't go with that. He had a 'vision' that many bought into and a presentation/personality that many also bought into.

Where's the vision this time? He's been dealt a crappy hand, but so was 9/11, ya gotta work with what yer dealt.

China? Ready made audience, THAT was what I thought he'd talk about in Rose Garden. Nope, sleepy Joe; a Sessions swipe; and schools. He mentioned China, but veered off on tangent.

Address to his strengths, don't mention or blame others (China exempted.)

Black Diamond
07-18-2020, 03:48 PM

The latter is certainly true. But I understand folks' frustration with cities being destroyed, history being desecrated, etc with no consequences.

Black Diamond
07-18-2020, 03:52 PM
Now I won't speak at all for Gunny. My problem is what and how he's saying about virus, people, and schools. He's not good at all at being comforting to people's fears, so he should avoid that-because what and how he's talking about the virus, outcome, what is MOST important in his view, is driving too many away.

He is not taking his strengths to the people right now, not like he did in the last election-even though I didn't go with that. He had a 'vision' that many bought into and a presentation/personality that many also bought into.

Where's the vision this time? He's been dealt a crappy hand, but so was 9/11, ya gotta work with what yer dealt.

China? Ready made audience, THAT was what I thought he'd talk about in Rose Garden. Nope, sleepy Joe; a Sessions swipe; and schools. He mentioned China, but veered off on tangent.

Address to his strengths, don't mention or blame others (China exempted.)

Will a new campaign manager make a difference? How much input will he have in Donald's day-to-day actions?

Kathianne
07-18-2020, 03:59 PM
Will a new campaign manager make a difference? How much input will he have in Donald's day-to-day actions?
No, I don't think it matters. He's what he is, no one manages him for long, if at all. This big personality has been his strength with those that really like him, but in this time it's detrimental if he wants to win. He's got to find another way to use it effectively, imo.

The wall and illegals/crime were his big issues last election. For me what was so disturbing is agreeing with the goals but being beyond concerned that he was bringing choas. I was right, though know most here disagree with that. In any case, unlike 2016, the Democrats have become a more chaotic force than Trump, thus my movement back towards the GOP.

I think the anti-American forces within the left would bring more destruction, even more quickly than anything that could be done by Trump. Biden is not the candidate, it's something else.

Gunny
07-18-2020, 07:27 PM
So, are you saying he’s actually doing nothing, or he is doing stuff, but he’s guilty of not telling us what he is doing?I have no idea what he's doing. THAT is the problem. Now if he was scaring the skirts off the Dems, I wouldn't have to look to see what he is doing. He's NOT leading. Not in any way I was ever taught. his constituents want to SEE and HEAR him in charge, addressing THEIR issues, not his pissing contests. He needs to be visible, vocal and have a message that resonates.

He's not even doing anything wrong enough to get NEGATIVE media attention for more than a blurb. That is not the Donald Trump we've seen since 2015. For all the time it was the wrong time, NOW is the right time for some of that in your face shit.

Gunny
07-18-2020, 07:31 PM
No, I don't think it matters. He's what he is, no one manages him for long, if at all. This big personality has been his strength with those that really like him, but in this time it's detrimental if he wants to win. He's got to find another way to use it effectively, imo.

The wall and illegals/crime were his big issues last election. For me what was so disturbing is agreeing with the goals but being beyond concerned that he was bringing choas. I was right, though know most here disagree with that. In any case, unlike 2016, the Democrats have become a more chaotic force than Trump, thus my movement back towards the GOP.

I think the anti-American forces within the left would bring more destruction, even more quickly than anything that could be done by Trump. Biden is not the candidate, it's something else.

Can't wait :smoke:

Kathianne
07-18-2020, 08:55 PM
Can't wait :smoke:
http://www.debatepolicy.com/blob:http://www.debatepolicy.com/1d7f76cc-ebcc-4c71-81c5-a14a16fb1187

Kathianne
07-18-2020, 09:00 PM
I have no idea what he's doing. THAT is the problem. Now if he was scaring the skirts off the Dems, I wouldn't have to look to see what he is doing. He's NOT leading. Not in any way I was ever taught. his constituents want to SEE and HEAR him in charge, addressing THEIR issues, not his pissing contests. He needs to be visible, vocal and have a message that resonates.

He's not even doing anything wrong enough to get NEGATIVE media attention for more than a blurb. That is not the Donald Trump we've seen since 2015. For all the time it was the wrong time, NOW is the right time for some of that in your face shit.
On topic, in your face. Biden is nothing if people think Trump is in control of himself and things they concerned about. He’s horrible on the virus, leave that to others.

SassyLady
07-19-2020, 12:24 AM
I firmly believe that a Dem sweep will be the beginning of the end for our society. The first casualty I see is the two-party system. Perhaps we will see an actual, physical war, but I doubt even that. The Republicans don't have the balls/the right will act too little too late, and the left will have all the power, the military and the Supreme Court. That's how they won the last civil war.

Is it any wonder the left has worked so diligently at smokescreening history ...
If its a Dem clean sweep I predict will only last 2 years until next election. They will screw up so bad people will wake up.

Black Diamond
07-19-2020, 12:26 AM
If its a Dem clean sweep I predict will only last 2 years until next election. They will screw up so bad people will wake up.

2 years is long time and a lot of damage can be done.

SassyLady
07-19-2020, 12:32 AM
2 years is long time and a lot of damage can be done.

Agreed. One can only pray.

Black Diamond
07-19-2020, 12:41 AM
Agreed. One can only pray.

I am.

Kathianne
07-19-2020, 02:13 AM
Me too.

Kathianne
07-19-2020, 02:35 AM
More like this, but LOUD:

https://legalinsurrection.com/2020/07/beijing-enraged-over-proposed-u-s-visa-ban-on-all-chinese-communist-party-members/

Beijing Enraged Over Proposed U.S. Visa Ban On All Chinese Communist Party Members
Posted by Vijeta Uniyal Saturday, July 18, 2020 at 12:00pm

Blacklisting millions of card-carrying Communists will be an ‘affront’ to Beijing, says China’s Foreign Ministry.

Beijing is angered over a proposed U.S. travel ban on all Chinese Communist Party members. Washington’s decision to blacklist millions of card-carrying Communists will be an ‘affront’ to China, Chinese media reported citing country’s Foreign Ministry.

“The leadership of the Communist Party is the fundamental feature of socialism with Chinese characteristics,” Chinese foreign ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying declared on Friday, adding that country’s Communist Party “made a huge contribution to the advancement of mankind.”

While recounting the ‘achievements’ of the Chinese Communist Party, the spokeswomen forgot to mention the tens of millions of Chinese killed by the Communist Party formed under the leadership of Mao Zedong, not to mention millions across the world infected by the Wuhan Coronavirus let loose on the world thanks to Beijing’s deceitful cover-up. Mao’s collectivization of farming alone killed 45 million Chinese between 1958 to 1962. Millions of Chinese are still imprisoned in forced labor camps in Xi Jinping’s China.

Following the footsteps of Marxist genocidal maniac Mao, Xi Jinping is building a personality cult around himself. Christian and Buddhist places of worship are being turning into alters for worshiping the Chinese leader.

The Communist Party has been telling Chinese Christians, estimated to be around 60 million, to renounce their faith and replace it with Xi’s Communism-derived doctrine. Chinese media showed Communist functionaries entering Christian homes and replacing Christian symbols with portraits of Xi.

The New York Post in January reported the Communist onslaught on Christianity in China: “Catholic churches torn down or denuded of their crosses and statues. Images of the Madonna and Child replaced with pictures of “People’s Leader” Xi Jinping. (…) The Ten Commandments painted over with quotes from Xi.”

The party hasn’t spared the ancient Chinese religion of Buddhism either. “Buddhist temples are being turned into shrines celebrating Xi Jinping, China’s President For Life,” the NY Post article added.

The campaign in the Mainland has been accompanied with the suppression of civil liberties in Hong Kong, a territory which enjoyed democracy and civil liberties under the British rule until 1997. Beijing took control of the region with promises of upholding Hong Kong’s constitutional freedoms as part of the “one country, two systems” principle. China reneged on those promises made to the Hong Kong residents, enacting the so-called National Security Law this year aimed at setting up a pro-Beijing security apparatus and crushing the democratic dissent by applying Mainland laws.