PDA

View Full Version : Oh Joy! 5pm EST Restart Of Trump Corona Briefing

Kathianne
07-20-2020, 07:06 PM
Are you ready?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-coronavirus-briefings-coming-back-new-surge-in-cases

...Trump and the White House coronavirus task force delivered daily updates on the spread of the virus in the early weeks of the pandemic. But as the president pivoted to make his case for reopening the economy, he canceled his daily briefings, blaming the “hostile” media.

“What is the purpose of having White House News Conferences when the Lamestream Media asks nothing but hostile questions, & then refuses to report the truth or facts accurately. They get record ratings, & the American people get nothing but Fake News. Not worth the time & effort!” he tweeted in late April.

Gunny
07-20-2020, 08:36 PM
Are you ready?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-coronavirus-briefings-coming-back-new-surge-in-casesPeople have been asking for it. It puts him out front. I think it's a good move on his part.

Kathianne
07-20-2020, 08:53 PM
People have been asking for it. It puts him out front. I think it's a good move on his part.

We'll see. If he uses that time like he did the Wallace interview or the Rose Garden 'speech,' it will not be good. That's why they cancelled doing it before. He kept going after his 'enemies,' real or perceived and the older folks wanted to know about the virus and what was being done to help THEM.

Guess who wants to get information now? Parents, students, teachers. "Go full steam," is not going to be what they want to hear, just letting you know.

Gunny
07-20-2020, 09:10 PM
We'll see. If he uses that time like he did the Wallace interview or the Rose Garden 'speech,' it will not be good. That's why they cancelled doing it before. He kept going after his 'enemies,' real or perceived and the older folks wanted to know about the virus and what was being done to help THEM.

Guess who wants to get information now? Parents, students, teachers. "Go full steam," is not going to be what they want to hear, just letting you know.My daughter's a teacher. I'm well-aware what they want to hear and don't want to hear.

The problem I see lies with the political agendas of the school boards, counties and cities, and not the Governor (here) nor the President. The former are almost all Democrats. Abbott told the mayors "as soon as safely possible". I think that's Trump's stance as well? All the trouble I'm seeing is from the Texas Board of education on down the bureaucratic chain. They're career government employees and also mostly Dem. They plan for reopening changes daily :)

Not to be counted out, the conservative stance is to open up. To clarify that junk above, the school system is "open up". Everyone else affected is 'Wait a minute ..."

I DO agree Trump needs to keep the coronavirus brief on the coronavirus and things related to it.

Kathianne
07-20-2020, 09:21 PM
My daughter's a teacher. I'm well-aware what they want to hear and don't want to hear.

The problem I see lies with the political agendas of the school boards, counties and cities, and not the Governor (here) nor the President. The former are almost all Democrats. Abbott told the mayors "as soon as safely possible". I think that's Trump's stance as well? All the trouble I'm seeing is from the Texas Board of education on down the bureaucratic chain. They're career government employees and also mostly Dem. They plan for reopening changes daily :)

Not to be counted out, the conservative stance is to open up. To clarify that junk above, the school system is "open up". Everyone else affected is 'Wait a minute ..."

I DO agree Trump needs to keep the coronavirus brief on the coronavirus and things related to it.

From what I get from parents with kids and teachers, they are super conflicted. My granddaughter's school is giving 3 choices:

-full day
-hybrid: 3 days in/2 days off
-eschool: all online

Grandson-his district says that all eschool didn't work for most; those with doctor's permission may do so
-either full day
-hybrid

There are many schools that have yet told their teachers what is going on when school resumes. A few have said all eschool, but in spite of headlines out of CA, seems most are not doing that.

The teacher angst is real. Some are young, with children of their own. Some have parents living with them, vulnerable when the grandkids and teacher return home-always a problem at beginning of the year, now covid.
Some teachers are in the vulnerable groups by age or health.

Kathianne
07-20-2020, 09:28 PM
My daughter's a teacher. I'm well-aware what they want to hear and don't want to hear.

Therein lies the problem. Even those who follow the news aren't 'sure' of Trump's take. Truth is he bellows, "The schools must open in the fall! The schools that don't won't get federal money. If they want the money, they'll open up." (meanwhile he sort of mumbles, "Wherever possible. Most places." No one hears that, probably cause he doesn't want to say it and he keeps it down for sure.

The virus is his weakest link. He should leave it to others, imo.