PDA

View Full Version : BLM paint in front Trump tower, and street near white house

jimnyc
07-21-2020, 09:19 AM
And those are just the beginning. The painted street slogans are all over now.

I personally don't have an issue with a street painting. But not when it's meant to be adversarial in such ways like that. Obviously the mayor in DC did that to piss off Trump, and stated as much. And one appears in front of his home in NYC?

So, if the mayor put it up and/or the city of NY and more are allowing for these, then they are allowing it to be an "open forum" as this attorney puts it.

And she's got a point. So she wanted to put one up as well in the same area, but this one would be "MAGA 2020". Instead of allowing for it and the BLM, instead they removed the BLM.

And now someone should officially do so in the other places mentioned and take the legal and appropriate routes to do so. Will they refuse them? Allow them? Or take their own down instead? I kinda see it that if they allow one they must allow for others.

---

California Town Scrubbs Away their “Black Lives Matter’ Street Sign After Local Attorney Asked for Permission for a MAGA 2020 Sign on Same Street

Redwood City, California scrubbed their “Black Lives Matter” mural on Broadway Street for the 4th of July celebration.

But the city scrubbed the street sign away but only after a local attorney asked to put her own sign on the street since it was an open forum.

Hero Maria Rutenberg told local officials she wanted to paint MAGA 2020 on the street.

City officials then scrubbed away the BLM sign in the middle of the night.

CBS Local reported:

Many communities across the country are displaying “Black Lives Matter” street murals. Redwood City was one of them until last week when the city quietly removed it.

Redwood City resident Dan Pease got permission from city officials to paint the “Black Lives Matter” sign on Broadway as part of a Fourth of July public art celebration. The city even supplied him with yellow poster board paint to do it.

Because we were using the poster board paint that would eventually deteriorate over time, my understanding from them was that the mural would last as long as the paint lasted,” Pease explained.

But, last Thursday, the city washed the sign away after being contacted by local real estate attorney Maria Rutenburg, who said that if the street was now a public forum, she wanted a sign of her own reading “MAGA 2020.”

“I saw “Black Lives Matter” sign appearing on Broadway Street on the asphalt and I figured that’s gonna be a new public space, open for discussion, and I wanted to get my message out, too.” Rutenburg said.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/07/california-town-scrubbs-away-black-lives-matter-street-sign-local-attorney-asked-permission-maga-2020-sign-street-video/

Gunny
07-21-2020, 10:51 AM
Need to take a page from that lady in Redwood City. If the stret's an open forum, paint "USMC" ... I mean, "MAGA" next to it. Definitely in DC.

Abbey Marie
07-21-2020, 11:13 AM
“Blacktop Matters”