PDA

View Full Version : Free Advice...

darin
09-14-2007, 07:10 AM
First off - Chances are, you're stupid. Compared to SOMEBODY, you're dumb.

Chances are, your opinion is worthless.

The louder you 'shout' or the frequency with which you repeat your stupid, worthless opinion, the MORE stupid and worthless your opinion becomes.

If you gain your knowledge of 'Proper Military Strategy' from the media or wikipedia, you're a fool.

The more links you use to CNN, or a Blog the more foolish you seem.

Unless you've served at LEAST one day in our Military, your opinion on same is worthless. You'll look smarter by staying out of threads where REAL heros are discussing things you've only read about, or seen in movies.

I'll add more, later. :)

dan
09-14-2007, 08:09 AM
....OK?

diuretic
09-14-2007, 08:36 AM
Nope, not okay :laugh2:

truthmatters
09-14-2007, 08:43 AM
This is why I fight to protect the legal voting public.

There are some who would like to silence anyone who does not agree with them.

jimnyc
09-14-2007, 08:45 AM

And apparently fight to protect the "right" for illegals and non-citizens to vote too. :poke:

truthmatters
09-14-2007, 08:52 AM
what part of legal voters do you not understand?

jimnyc
09-14-2007, 08:55 AM
what part of legal voters do you not understand?

And what part of non US citizens voting did you not understand?

truthmatters
09-14-2007, 08:59 AM
The part where there is proof of it happening I have yet to see.

jimnyc
09-14-2007, 09:01 AM
The part where there is proof of it happening I have yet to see.

So are you saying that the committee that investigated the issue and reported back to the government, and the US Rep were lying?

jimnyc
09-14-2007, 09:14 AM
I trust documentation directly from Congress should suffice.

http://www.congress.gov/cgi-bin/cpquery/R?cp105:FLD010:@1(hr416)

The criminal investigations of voter fraud by the California Secretary of State and the District Attorney of Orange County revealed that hundreds of individuals registered to vote before becoming U.S. citizens and cast illegal ballots.

After a careful comparison between the Orange County voter registration files and INS databases the Task Force was able to clearly and convincingly document that 624 persons had illegally registered and thus were not eligible to cast ballots in the November 1996 election.

As Kathy Griffin said, suck it!

truthmatters
09-14-2007, 12:25 PM
I trust documentation directly from Congress should suffice.

http://www.congress.gov/cgi-bin/cpquery/R?cp105:FLD010:@1(hr416)

As Kathy Griffin said, suck it!

Eventually, Ehlers said, 624 illegal, non-citizen voters were identified, and they were added to the 124 voters that California officials had disqualified because of improperly delivered absentee ballots.

The continuing investigation had become politically treacherous for Republicans. Democrats kept up the pressure by introducing multiple resolutions on the House floor calling for an end to the probe. And they seized on the issue to court Hispanic voters, who are being avidly wooed by both parties out of deference to their growing electoral strength.

http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/1998/02/13/cq/sanchez.html

Who did the illegals vote for ? like I said the evidence they found showed to be so small it was insignificant.

Why are you so concerned about insignificant things like this yet dont care about tens of thousands of legal voters being Kept from voting?

jimnyc
09-14-2007, 12:28 PM
http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/1998/02/13/cq/sanchez.html

Yes, they dropped it because there weren't enough illegal votes to overturn the election. But there were fraudulent votes nonetheless. From your own article:

Task force Chairman Vernon J. Ehlers, R-Mich., said investigators had found concrete evidence of 748 illegal votes by non-citizens, not enough to throw Sanchez's victory into doubt. He and other Republicans said the results nonetheless show that Dornan's challenge was not frivolous and that the GOP was not unfairly targeting Hispanic voters.

"The fact that we ended up with 748 illegal votes makes it clear his allegations had merit," Ehlers said.

Suck it again! :laugh2:

truthmatters
09-14-2007, 12:34 PM
http://tinyurl.com/4r9vl

The Forida felons list had to be scraped by the state of Florida ewhen it came to light

jimnyc
09-14-2007, 12:38 PM
Who did the illegals vote for ? like I said the evidence they found showed to be so small it was insignificant.

Why are you so concerned about insignificant things like this yet dont care about tens of thousands of legal voters being Kept from voting?

Does it matter who they voted for? The fact alone that they voted is enough to know it needs to be addressed and put to a stop. You stated there was no proof, you were wrong. Now you're going to start claiming it's insignificant because it's a small amount. So tell us, oh brain dead one, what is the threshold? At what number of fraud does it become an issue for you? 1000? 2000? 10000? Or is it only an issue if the republicans are involved in some sort of fraud?

Dilloduck
09-14-2007, 12:46 PM
Does it matter who they voted for? The fact alone that they voted is enough to know it needs to be addressed and put to a stop. You stated there was no proof, you were wrong. Now you're going to start claiming it's insignificant because it's a small amount. So tell us, oh brain dead one, what is the threshold? At what number of fraud does it become an issue for you? 1000? 2000? 10000? Or is it only an issue if the republicans are involved in some sort of fraud?

TM only cares about fraud that hurts Democrats. Period.

Mr. P
09-14-2007, 12:52 PM

There are some who would like to silence anyone who does not agree with them.

Legal voters need no protection.

truthmatters
09-14-2007, 12:53 PM

I said you FAIR site produced no evidence of what they claimed.

They didnt produce that link in their article you gave me yesterday.

This still does not change that fact and the FAIR group recieves money from entities connected to White supremists.

gabosaurus
09-14-2007, 12:53 PM

The louder you 'shout' or the frequency with which you repeat your stupid, worthless opinion, the MORE stupid and worthless your opinion becomes.

If you gain your knowledge of 'Proper Military Strategy' from the media or wikipedia, you're a fool.

Unless you've served at LEAST one day in our Military, your opinion on same is worthless. You'll look smarter by staying out of threads where REAL heros are discussing things you've only read about, or seen in movies.

You are free to post this because you know that no one is allowed to disagree with you.

truthmatters
09-14-2007, 12:54 PM

This is proven false by history.

JohnDoe
09-14-2007, 01:55 PM

Really Mr. P? That certainly is NOT in our History....our History of voting shows JUST the oposite imo.

jd

Monkeybone
09-14-2007, 02:00 PM
anyone can disagree with that, it is stupid to say that they can't, for what? the sake of trying to stir the shit?

the thing is that there really isn't anything to disagree with, he is giving his opinion not a command. and to me, even though i ain't one of those select few that have served in the military (a special buddy buddy group:laugh2:), it makes sense in what he is saying. ppl on here do sound retarded when they state the same thing over and over and think that will make it true, or call someone a liar cause they don't agree with the person yet can't make a solid claim as to why, or ppl that think they know the inner workings of everything cause they read it on some "I'm gonna change the world" blog. it is basically frustrating, cuz you have to go through all that to finally find a post that has some substance to it. now some of them i do enjoy reading, but not all.

Hagbard Celine
09-14-2007, 02:09 PM

Your opinion is worthless if you haven't worked in the military and you're uninformed unless you watch Fox News. Got it.

Monkeybone
09-14-2007, 02:13 PM
Your opinion is worthless if you haven't worked in the military and you're uninformed unless you watch Fox News. Got it.

finally someone gets it. about time.

JohnDoe
09-14-2007, 02:20 PM

I have just a few words for you and your opinion...

Utter macho man bullshit! :D

You just illiminate half the country just because of their gender...

Soooo, Vice President Cheney, who has been running this war, should SHUT UP and not have any say in what is going on, and Condi Rice too? And Karl Rove and Dan Bartlet, and wolfowitz when he was in office and so on and so forth? I don't think you have thought this through, or are just saying this to try to diminish TM, or you are just palying an idiot? :slap:

serving your country does not make YOU personally smart dmp, and a know all when it comes to the military or the war in Iraq....you are NOT in the know, just as we may not be in the know.

jd

JohnDoe
09-14-2007, 02:29 PM
dmp said: You'll look smarter by staying out of threads where REAL heros are discussing things you've only read about, or seen in movies.

Another thing dmp....Do YOU consider yourself a hero, because you served in the Military for a short period or did you get the bronze star or silver star or purple heart for this Heroism of yours...?

And a pat on the back given to you if you did earn your self proclaimed heroism as implied in your original statement!!!

My husband is a military man and he NEVER considered himself a hero OR ABOVE any other citizen in this country nor above their opinion....

My father served 22 years, volunteered for Nam and got a Bronze Star while there and he does not consider himself above others, or a Hero.... he felt he was doing his job....and he would NEVER, EVER consider telling others to SHUT UP and not voice their opinions or tell others that their opinion was worthless, compared to his...

I have told you this before, grow up dmp!

jd

jimnyc
09-14-2007, 04:12 PM
I said you FAIR site produced no evidence of what they claimed.

They didnt produce that link in their article you gave me yesterday.

This still does not change that fact and the FAIR group recieves money from entities connected to White supremists.

I not only produced the FAIR testimony to Congress yesterday, but I also posted a link to the SAME story that you posted today in an attempt to show you were right, before it was shown that the link only proved what I was saying was correct. Look at this post, you'll see it's the same link you posted in this thread:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=123626&postcount=172

You were wrong, I was right, time to do my dance! :dance:

jimnyc
09-14-2007, 04:13 PM
You just illiminate half the country just because of their gender...

How did what he wrote eliminate half the country?

jd

Yeah, grow up Darin! :laugh2:

Mr. P
09-14-2007, 04:20 PM
This is proven false by history.

Really Mr. P? That certainly is NOT in our History....our History of voting shows JUST the oposite imo.

jd

Please. I'm talking NOW not pre voting rights act.

I guess you two think some are twisting things even now to keep those Negroes from voting, huh?

Gunny
09-14-2007, 04:42 PM
You are free to post this because you know that no one is allowed to disagree with you.

You can disagree with me, and I think when someone who hasn't served in the military starts telling those that have what the military's all about they're full of shit.

Questions?

JohnDoe
09-14-2007, 04:46 PM
Please. I'm talking NOW not pre voting rights act.

I guess you two think some are twisting things even now to keep those Negroes from voting, huh?TM knows alot more about this than i do because this is her ''passion'' subject, what concerns her most, imo, so she follows thia subject to the T.....

but i do know the FAKE FELON list in Florida's 2000 election was designed to do exactly that, from every hearing i watched on c-span about it....

Also ''caging'' is another method being used to keep legitimate voters who are transients, of lesser means, from voting....

so yes mr. p., unfortunately i do believe this is STILL going on today.

yet, let me make clear, my initial response was about our past, our history...i honestly did not know you were specifically speaking of the here and now.

dan
09-14-2007, 04:47 PM
I consider anybody who serves in the military to be a hero. Put it like this, they're putting their ass on the line for me, FOR US, in a way that, in all honesty, I could never even consider doing.

That said, to me, someone is more heroic if they don't go around bragging about how they're heroes. This isn't meant as an attack toward D, just a general statement. Like, I guess I would begrudgingly consider some police officers heroes (the ones who are actually out there protecting people, not giving tickets for jaywalking or whatever), but I have much more respect for the cop who does his thing and goes home and expects nothing than I do for the cop who points at his badge and says, "that's right, I'm the law, you respect me!" Unfortunately, most cops I've met fall into the latter category. Sadly, I've known very few servicemen, so I can't really make any general statement like that one way or the other.

Gunny
09-14-2007, 04:47 PM

jd

I agree. And they need as much protection from illegal voters nullifying their legal votes as they do anything else. TM has done NOTHING but make a one-sided, partisan argument. She's will ing only to recognize voter fraud as it suits her agenda.

ANY and ALL voter fraud should be addressed at all levels, not just at the one's that suit the liberal agenda.

If it is not addressed across the board, in the end, the only people being disenfranchised are legal voters.

Gunny
09-14-2007, 04:54 PM
Another thing dmp....Do YOU consider yourself a hero, because you served in the Military for a short period or did you get the bronze star or silver star or purple heart for this Heroism of yours...?

And a pat on the back given to you if you did earn your self proclaimed heroism as implied in your original statement!!!

My husband is a military man and he NEVER considered himself a hero OR ABOVE any other citizen in this country nor above their opinion....

My father served 22 years, volunteered for Nam and got a Bronze Star while there and he does not consider himself above others, or a Hero.... he felt he was doing his job....and he would NEVER, EVER consider telling others to SHUT UP and not voice their opinions or tell others that their opinion was worthless, compared to his...

jd

Perhaps YOU should grow up. Did D label himself a "hero?" I did not see where he did, so you must be talking out your ass on that tact.

Second, you sound like countless military wives I've listened to over the years. You wear your husband's stripes on your sleeve or his brass on your collar, as the case may be. Does this mean *I* have 40 years service since I was a dependent for 20, and on active duty for 20?

No, it doesn't. If you aren't IN the military, then you have NO business telling me or any other vet what their business is/was.

And I'll guran-damned-tee you since I have had my boots on the fround in Iraq and Kuwait more than once I know a whole lot more than you about what goes on over there.

Gunny
09-14-2007, 04:58 PM
I consider anybody who serves in the military to be a hero. Put it like this, they're putting their ass on the line for me, FOR US, in a way that, in all honesty, I could never even consider doing.

That said, to me, someone is more heroic if they don't go around bragging about how they're heroes. This isn't meant as an attack toward D, just a general statement. Like, I guess I would begrudgingly consider some police officers heroes (the ones who are actually out there protecting people, not giving tickets for jaywalking or whatever), but I have much more respect for the cop who does his thing and goes home and expects nothing than I do for the cop who points at his badge and says, "that's right, I'm the law, you respect me!" Unfortunately, most cops I've met fall into the latter category. Sadly, I've known very few servicemen, so I can't really make any general statement like that one way or the other.

I don't consider myself one. I did my job to the best of my ability. Personally, I think the word "hero" has been devalued by its overuse, and not just where the military is concerned.

JohnDoe
09-14-2007, 05:09 PM

That said, to me, someone is more heroic if they don't go around bragging about how they're heroes. This isn't meant as an attack toward D, just a general statement. Like, I guess I would begrudgingly consider some police officers heroes (the ones who are actually out there protecting people, not giving tickets for jaywalking or whatever), but I have much more respect for the cop who does his thing and goes home and expects nothing than I do for the cop who points at his badge and says, "that's right, I'm the law, you respect me!" Unfortunately, most cops I've met fall into the latter category. Sadly, I've known very few servicemen, so I can't really make any general statement like that one way or the other. very well said Dan.

and i take the same stance.

I think my husband is a hero and i think my father is a hero, but they don't think they are just because they served....for example, my husband and his father and his grandfather, and my Dad ....ALL gave themselves in the least... 4 years, just because they thought it was their duty...to their country, to give some of their time.

JohnDoe
09-14-2007, 05:24 PM
How did what he wrote eliminate half the country?
half of the country, just on ''gender'' alone, because MOST women, are never part of the military....and there are more women, than men, in this country i believe....

sure, there are some women, but very few have military experience....so escentially, most all females should just shut up, according to him....

so, i asked ........condi rice....should she shut up? or Cheney, should he be banned from an opinion? It's bullshit that EVERYONE that has military service KNOWS more and are the only ones that can express their concerns, or their ideas about this war....

you use our tax money to war, you WILL HEAR our voices, simple as that!

i take offense with his initial post.... and i gave him my opinion of such!

jd

JohnDoe
09-14-2007, 06:03 PM
Perhaps YOU should grow up. Did D label himself a "hero?" I did not see where he did, so you must be talking out your ass on that tact.

Second, you sound like countless military wives I've listened to over the years. You wear your husband's stripes on your sleeve or his brass on your collar, as the case may be. Does this mean *I* have 40 years service since I was a dependent for 20, and on active duty for 20?

No, it doesn't. If you aren't IN the military, then you have NO business telling me or any other vet what their business is/was.

And I'll guran-damned-tee you since I have had my boots on the fround in Iraq and Kuwait more than once I know a whole lot more than you about what goes on over there.

Yes, D labeled himself as a hero...he has military experience.
and was trying to SHUT A POSTER on this board up with a childish post like this...

I'll add more, later.

And as far as your other gripe, about Military wives.... I'll let that be and let it stand for itself.

jd

Abbey Marie
09-14-2007, 06:11 PM
D said there are heroes posting in threads here. He never called himself one, never included himself in that group. He did not say that all military posters are heroes. To say he did is purely an extrapolation, and is not based on fact.

darin
09-14-2007, 06:14 PM
JD - if this thread were about the military, I'd kindly ask you to help yourself to a glass of shut the hell up. Since it's not - just find the OTHER bits of advice I gave and apply them as required. :)

serving your country does not make YOU personally smart dmp, and a know all when it comes to the military or the war in Iraq....you are NOT in the know, just as we may not be in the know.

jd

JD - there are VERY FEW people here who understand the military or the war in iraq more than me. There are a couple...but not very many. :)

Dilloduck
09-14-2007, 07:26 PM

This is one of the most bizarre posts I've seen from you. Please add more soon.

Gunny
09-14-2007, 07:32 PM
Yes, D labeled himself as a hero...he has military experience.
and was trying to SHUT A POSTER on this board up with a childish post like this...

D did not call himself a hero. He called other vets a hero. Not unheard of.

And as far as your other gripe, about Military wives.... I'll let that be and let it stand for itself.

jd

My opinion. I grew up watching the housing neighborhood hierarchy as defined by husband's rank, and I have a dependent wife. There are two sides to the story.

dan
09-15-2007, 03:36 PM
I don't consider myself one. I did my job to the best of my ability. Personally, I think the word "hero" has been devalued by its overuse, and not just where the military is concerned.

Well, for what it's worth, I consider you a hero. Probably means a lot coming from a whiny liberal!:laugh2: