PDA

View Full Version : A funny to cheer us up

Abbey Marie
07-23-2020, 10:54 AM

jimnyc
07-23-2020, 11:17 AM
And of course they were bare foot and had to do it again at the end of the day!

SassyLady
07-23-2020, 06:58 PM
To heck with parents ... that was my life! :cool:

And, I had to do it in a dress because girls weren't allowed to wear pants to school. The first half mile we rode on a caterpillar to the main highway because regular vehicles couldn't get through and then last 45 min on bus to school.

Kathianne
07-23-2020, 07:58 PM
To heck with parents ... that was my life! :cool:

And, I had to do it in a dress because girls weren't allowed to wear pants to school. The first half mile we rode on a caterpillar to the main highway because regular vehicles couldn't get through and then last 45 min on bus to school.
I was going to say the same-except lived on flat land. LOL! Seriously over a mile to walk each way-Chicago cold or Chicago heat/humidity.

icansayit
07-23-2020, 09:55 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but that appears to be your "HIGH" school?????:laugh:

Black Diamond
07-24-2020, 02:31 AM

Both ways

Abbey Marie
07-24-2020, 09:35 AM
@SassyLady (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=83) we could not have had more different ways of getting to school. My urban (Bronx) childhood meant taking three city buses to high school. I don’t recall how long a trip it was, but waiting for buses that arrived when they arrived in any kind of weather was a real treat. And it was while waiting for bus #2 standing under elevated subway tracks at age 15, that I was treated to the pizza maker showing us in his upstairs window how “enthusiastic“ he was to see high school girls. (I never had that pizza again!). When we flagged down a cop and told him, he laughed.
Coming home one day on bus #2 we had to run out the back door when a bunch of bad boys jumped on and started attacking and robbing people. You just never knew what the day would bring.

To me, your tractor sounds charming!