PDA

View Full Version : Be Careful What You Wish For

Kathianne
07-27-2020, 12:36 AM
Coming home to roost, for just about everyone:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/whirlwind-it-will-be-worse-for-democrats-if-they-win_3438856.html

Whirlwind: It Will Be Worse for Democrats If They Win
Roger L. Simon
July 26, 2020 Updated: July 26, 2020

In their bloodlust—because that’s what it is—to defeat Donald Trump, the Democrats are taking a potential “Journey into the Whirlwind,” as Evgenia Ginzberg wrote in her narrative of that name of Stalin’s “Great Terror.”

Ginzberg, a loyal Communist Party member for decades, was falsely accused of being a “counter-revolutionary Trotskyist” and shuttled between labor camps and prison for years, two of which she spent in solitary confinement. Her long-suppressed account, finally published in 1967, of the depredations of the Gulag is now a classic.

It can’t happen here, you say. Maybe not. But the avowedly Marxist Black Lives Matter and Antifa already have vastly more adherents across our country than the Bolsheviks ever did at the outset.

And the Bolsheviks didn’t have the support and apparent sympathy of nearly every big city mayor and Blue State governor who reject the help of the federal government in squelching the increasingly violent actions of these groups and their fellow travelers.

The mainstream media, whose hatred for Trump outweighs any feelings about Stalin or Mao, has also been largely complicit in the whitewash of these activities, deliberately ignoring the truth by making false claims demonstrations are basically non-violent and downplaying all acts of extremism as accidental one-offs.

But what we have been watching for the last months is a flip-flop between a re-upped version of the Paris Commune, which ultimately failed, and the more successful Russian and Chinese revolutions in their nascent forms.

All this in the run-up to what is arguably the most consequential election in our history since the Civil War between a president who remains a loud-mouthed outsider and the quintessential political hack.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-27-2020, 07:12 AM
Coming home to roost, for just about everyone:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/whirlwind-it-will-be-worse-for-democrats-if-they-win_3438856.html

There is too much truth in that piece for one to simply label it as hyperbolic, fatalistic, aggrandizing propaganda, methinks.
With that having been said, of course the very best propaganda has an element of truth in it, tho that element has been certainly so cleverly twisted
in order to change its original truth/purpose/reality or flavor... -Tyr

Kathianne
07-27-2020, 07:17 AM
There is too much truth in that piece for one to simply label it as hyperbolic, fatalistic, aggrandizing propaganda, methinks.
With that having been said, of course the very best propaganda has an element of truth in it, tho that element has been certainly so cleverly twisted
in order to change its original truth/purpose/reality or flavor... -Tyr

We know what the left wants now. We knew what the right wanted in 2015.

Both have what they want now, so you'd think everyone would be happy.

Kathianne
07-27-2020, 07:19 AM
Both sides want(s)(ed) the same thing. Both got it. SMH

Abbey Marie
07-27-2020, 10:00 AM
I can’t see the whole article, but from the excerpt-

Ultimate power cannot be shared. I have been feeling like the US is coming to a pivotal moment. But the scary extent of it is more slowly unfurling.

I do know this much- the longer the malcontents and radicals are allowed to break the rules, the stronger they become. It’s a lot easier to chop down a weed before it develops very strong spreading roots.

“For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind”. Hosea 8:7 (about Israel’s ungodly behavior and resulting destruction).

Kathianne
07-27-2020, 10:38 AM
I can’t see the whole article, but from the excerpt-

Ultimate power cannot be shared. I have been feeling like the US is coming to a pivotal moment. But the scary extent of it is more slowly unfurling.

I do know this much- the longer the malcontents and radicals are allowed to break the rules, the stronger they become. It’s a lot easier to chop down a weed before it develops very strong spreading roots.

“For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind”. Hosea 8:7 (about Israel’s ungodly behavior and resulting destruction).
Both want change. Both sought chaos to be their implement. The right had been ecstatic, now the left is.

Gunny
07-27-2020, 01:48 PM
Both want change. Both sought chaos to be their implement. The right had been ecstatic, now the left is.Both are going to lose to Marxism playing this game.