PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of failures - Lori Lightfoot

jimnyc
07-27-2020, 12:11 PM
The only credit I will give her here is finally allowing for help, knowing it's growing out of hand and not a damn thing she's doing is helping. Funny how she just said she would NEVER allow the feds in, just a few days ago.

--

59 Shot, 3 Killed, over Weekend in Mayor Lightfoot’s Chicago

Fifty-nine people were shot, three fatally, over the weekend in Mayor Lori Lightfoot’s (D) Chicago.

Late Sunday night NBC 5 reported at least 49 people had been shot, two fatally. By Monday morning the Chicago Sun-Times reported nearly 60 shot with three fatalities.

NBC 5 noted that weekend shootings began Friday with a non-fatal incident just after 5 pm, when two individuals were shot while standing in a gas station parking lot “in the 800 block of West 59th Street.”

Less than 30 minutes later a 19-year-old was shot and left in serious condition while sitting on a porch on West Cullerton. The violence continued from there.

The Sun-Times reports the weekend’s last shooting–a fatal one–occurred just before 1:30 a.m. Monday morning.

On Tuesday, Mayor Lightfoot acknowledged President Trump would be sending in federal agents to help curtail the gun violence that has surged in Chicago throughout this year. But the Chicago Tribune reported Lightfoot made clear she will be ready to use the courts to stop the use of federal agents if she believes the Trump administration overreaches.

Lightfoot said, “I don’t put anything past this administration, which is why we will continue to be diligent and why we will continue to be ready. If we need to stop them and use the courts to do so, we are ready to do that.”

When Trump spoke out against the violence ravaging Democrat-controlled cities in June, Lightfoot reacted by stating she does not “need leadership lessons” from the president.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/07/27/report-59-shot-3-killed-over-weekend-in-mayor-lightfoots-chicago/

Gunny
07-27-2020, 12:17 PM
Maybe she should try using her courts to stop the violence since she's begging for Federal help yet trying to maintain her defiant stance :rolleyes:

Kathianne
07-27-2020, 12:49 PM
I think all the unrest is allowing her an in for feds. Without the Columbus statue problem, most of Chicago’s problems are gangs and cartels. George Floyd stuff is sideshow. It’s been years, not months.

KarlMarx
07-27-2020, 03:01 PM
Only in liberal circles is failure considered a means of promoting people to increasing levels of incompetence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk