PDA

View Full Version : School is in Session

Gunny
08-13-2020, 07:19 PM
At least all the training to have meetings to start school next week has begun. I have never seen such a disorganized, grabasstic bunch of amphibian shit in my life as listen to these meetings. I am remiss. School is in session in my house :mad: Receiving DAY at boot camp has less idiots climbing off the bus. I thought Federal government was bad but civilians ... geez :rolleyes:

I live my daughter dearly, and I love my grandchildren, but they NEED TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL.

Kathianne
08-13-2020, 07:33 PM
At least all the training to have meetings to start school next week has begun. I have never seen such a disorganized, grabasstic bunch of amphibian shit in my life as listen to these meetings. I am remiss. School is in session in my house :mad: Receiving DAY at boot camp has less idiots climbing off the bus. I thought Federal government was bad but civilians ... geez :rolleyes:

I live my daughter dearly, and I love my grandchildren, but they NEED TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL.

Let me get this straight. Your daughter is distance teaching? From home? At school?

The kids are doing online lessons at home? For how long? Is there a possible end date? Ours is the end of October, unless Covid decides to up the game by then. I am so glad I did not return.

Gunny
08-13-2020, 07:43 PM
Let me get this straight. Your daughter is distance teaching? From home? At school?

The kids are doing online lessons at home? For how long? Is there a possible end date? Ours is the end of October, unless Covid decides to up the game by then. I am so glad I did not return.At this point in time, this is the deal:

They have backed off starting school until after Labor Day. Traditionally, 18 Aug is start date. Ashley taught online for the end of the year last year and summer school and some tutoring over the summer.

This year, they are supposed to be going back to school. For the same pay, she has to teach in class AND online simultaneously. From my POV, not a damned one of them, especially at the top, could lead ants to a picnic (I'm talking about the bureaucrats at district and above who don't have to actually do the work).

I'd quit and join the Marine Corps as Private before I'd put up with the sh*t. But, she's got 3 kids to provide for.

Kathianne
08-13-2020, 07:53 PM
At this point in time, this is the deal:

They have backed off starting school until after Labor Day. Traditionally, 18 Aug is start date. Ashley taught online for the end of the year last year and summer school and some tutoring over the summer.

This year, they are supposed to be going back to school. For the same pay, she has to teach in class AND online simultaneously. From my POV, not a damned one of them, especially at the top, could lead ants to a picnic (I'm talking about the bureaucrats at district and above who don't have to actually do the work).

I'd quit and join the Marine Corps as Private before I'd put up with the sh*t. But, she's got 3 kids to provide for.

Lots are being forced to do the same and anxiety seems to be the order of the day. Add on that some districts are saying that the kids at home need to be online with the kids in the classroom, BUT, the homebound and in school kids can't 'see' each other, though all should see the teacher-somehow the administrators feel that having the kids 'projected' will violate FERPA laws-in case there's parents in the home, which of course with younger kids there'd better be!

Insane.

Gunny
08-14-2020, 10:37 AM
Here's the bonus: I pretty much have the Texas Dept of Education, and 3 different grades and their families in my house all day. If I go in any bedroom except mine and Jacob's, or the dining room and kitchen, I'm on candid camera. THAT is anxiety.

Not to mention elementary school children, opportunists that they are, use it as a weapon. Tell them something they don't want to hear and they want to win/shut you up? "I'm on zoom". :rolleyes:

I could give a shit less what Big Brother thinks of me and/or my opinions, but I can't get my daughter in trouble because you KNOW all those teachers and administrators are looking/listening. And as you probably know, they have no problem holding your father's political opinions/non-PC/anti-leftwingnut commentary against you.