PDA

View Full Version : Vietnam Memorial defaced

09-15-2007, 08:16 AM
http://gatheringofeagles.org/2007/09/10/742/

dont you just love the antiwar protesters?

09-15-2007, 08:17 AM
more pics

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1893742/posts

Ruby
09-15-2007, 08:21 AM
So what are the names of the people who did it? It seems we are assuming they are "anti-war" protesters...to know that we would need to KNOW WHO SPECIFICALLY did it and then show their association with the anti-war protesters wouldnt we?

Gunny
09-15-2007, 09:07 AM
So what are the names of the people who did it? It seems we are assuming they are "anti-war" protesters...to know that we would need to KNOW WHO SPECIFICALLY did it and then show their association with the anti-war protesters wouldnt we?

Nah ... blaming those losers works just fine. So does tossing them all in jail.

bullypulpit
09-15-2007, 12:37 PM

And just what evidence do you have that it was "anti-war" protesters? None.

Upon what does the assumption that it was "anti-war" protesters rest? Nothing.

Whoever did it needs a public flogging. But to assume, automatically, that it was "anti-war" protesters is typical of the knee-jerk reactionism we've come to expect from the right wing-nuts in this country.

And, yes, I believe public floggings should be available as punishment for some crimes.

Dilloduck
09-15-2007, 01:34 PM

I'm sure that if a swastika was painted on a synagogue there who be NO need to know specifically who did it. Do you have and standards that aren't double?

Gunny
09-15-2007, 01:38 PM
And just what evidence do you have that it was "anti-war" protesters? None.

Upon what does the assumption that it was "anti-war" protesters rest? Nothing.

Whoever did it needs a public flogging. But to assume, automatically, that it was "anti-war" protesters is typical of the knee-jerk reactionism we've come to expect from the right wing-nuts in this country.

And, yes, I believe public floggings should be available as punishment for some crimes.

You mean kind of like your knee-jerk "Bush lied" reactions?:poke:

Gunny
09-15-2007, 01:39 PM
I'm sure that if a swastika was painted on a synagogue there who be NO need to know specifically who did it. Do you have and standards that aren't double?

Well, we KNOW they SPs would NEVER accuse nazis of doing such a thing .... THAT would be profiling.:laugh2:

Dilloduck
09-15-2007, 01:51 PM
Well, we KNOW they SPs would NEVER accuse nazis of doing such a thing .... THAT would be profiling.:laugh2:

No way---they are totally open minded and would never leap to any conclusions. :laugh2:

bullypulpit
09-15-2007, 02:28 PM
You mean kind of like your knee-jerk "Bush lied" reactions?:poke:

Knee-jerk? Na...Simply rooted in the facts about Bush and his administration you aren't willing to see.

5stringJeff
09-15-2007, 05:28 PM
While I'm not typically one to jump to conclusions, I'm not sure who else would want to deface the Vietnam War memorial besides anti-war types, except maybe Muslim jihadists.

bullypulpit
09-15-2007, 10:55 PM
While I'm not typically one to jump to conclusions, I'm not sure who else would want to deface the Vietnam War memorial besides anti-war types, except maybe Muslim jihadists.

How's about dumb-ass kids who don't have a clue as to what they're doing? Or didn't that cross your mind?

Ruby
09-16-2007, 02:50 AM
Provocatuers also come mind.

Unless you have proof of who did it and therefore have some compelling evidence on WHY they did it, its all nothing more than guesses.

Ruby
09-16-2007, 02:52 AM

Of course you would need to KNOW who exactly did it and why and cant just level accusations at any group you feel like. That can ALSO be a case of provocateurs or kids being stupid or of a individual racist who isnt associated with ANY group at all....you dont know until you nab the individual who did it.

Ruby
09-16-2007, 02:54 AM

It sure would be profiling to believe that all white men are suspect of being part of a racist group who target jews, blacks and hispanics. Just because those groups are mainly white males dosent mean that ALL WHITE MALES should be suspect. Is this too complicated for you?

Sitarro
09-16-2007, 07:01 AM
It sure would be profiling to believe that all white men are suspect of being part of a racist group who target jews, blacks and hispanics. Just because those groups are mainly white males dosent mean that ALL WHITE MALES should be suspect. Is this too complicated for you?

Coexist with whom Ruby? Your attitude would make anyone that disagrees with your poorly thought out talking points feel like you would not be willing to coexist with them. Is it just enemies of the United States that you want to coexist with? Just a bit hypocritical don't cha think?

JohnDoe
09-16-2007, 07:39 AM
Well, there is certainly another speculation... of course, scenario, that could have happened....

And this is... that some right wing fanatic, knowing that one of the biggest marches against the war, sponsored by ANSWER and others, was taking place at the capitol the very next day... defaced the memorial and then brought it to the media's attention, so all the other people of the Right Wing, could go out and inappropriately blame those that were marching on the Capitol the next day....so to "snuff out" their message.

Just thought I'd add to all the obvious speculation and blame that has taken place on this board...

And my scenario is a certain possibility as well as Avatars, don't you think?

Bottom line is... that to blame someone or some group of an autrocity or crime without any evidence is wasted time if anyone knows our LAWS, unless you are trying to only make a political posturing point, and not concerned with who the perpetraitor was, or the defacing at all, in my humble opinion.

jd

Gunny
09-16-2007, 07:47 AM
Knee-jerk? Na...Simply rooted in the facts about Bush and his administration you aren't willing to see.

I'm willing to see most anything that has a basis in actual fact. Your imagination does not however rate as such.

Gunny
09-16-2007, 07:49 AM
Provocatuers also come mind.

Unless you have proof of who did it and therefore have some compelling evidence on WHY they did it, its all nothing more than guesses.

Amazing you are willing to extend benefit of doubt to criminals, but not conservatives/Republicans.

Retard.:lame2:

Gunny
09-16-2007, 07:51 AM

Is the fact I said "nazis," NOT "white males" too complicated for YOU? I think you need to choose "Purchase a Clue" for $200.:fu:

Gunny
09-16-2007, 07:52 AM
Coexist with whom Ruby? Your attitude would make anyone that disagrees with your poorly thought out talking points feel like you would not be willing to coexist with them. Is it just enemies of the United States that you want to coexist with? Just a bit hypocritical don't cha think?

She is one of THE most intolerant people in existence ... a hypocrite from Hell for your amusement.:laugh2:

JohnDoe
09-16-2007, 07:54 AM
Amazing you are willing to extend benefit of doubt to criminals, but not conservatives/Republicans.

And where did Ruby extend the benefit of the doubt to criminals on this gunny?

Who are the criminals on this Gunny?

Are you clairvoyant? ;)

Gunny
09-16-2007, 07:55 AM
Well, there is certainly another speculation... of course, scenario, that could have happened....

And this is... that some right wing fanatic, knowing that one of the biggest marches against the war, sponsored by ANSWER and others, was taking place at the capitol the very next day... defaced the memorial and then brought it to the media's attention, so all the other people of the Right Wing, could go out and inappropriately blame those that were marching on the Capitol the next day....so to "snuff out" their message.

Just thought I'd add to all the obvious speculation and blame that has taken place on this board...

And my scenario is a certain possibility as well as Avatars, don't you think?

Bottom line is... that to blame someone or some group of an autrocity or crime without any evidence is wasted time if anyone knows our LAWS, unless you are trying to only make a political posturing point, and not concerned with who the perpetraitor was, or the defacing at all, in my humble opinion.

jd

Don't bogart the bong, please ....:420:

JohnDoe
09-16-2007, 08:12 AM
Don't bogart the bong, please ....:420:

hahahaha! Well? Everyone else seemed to be hogging it too? I just thought I'd join in! :D

And good morning Gunny!

jd

Gunny
09-16-2007, 08:21 AM
And where did Ruby extend the benefit of the doubt to criminals on this gunny?

Who are the criminals on this Gunny?

Are you clairvoyant? ;)

We going to play semantics today? Obviously, Ruby is unwilling to point a finger at the obvious suspects when they are the goobers she relates to. Pretty simple.

Do try and not identify yourself with that piece of trash. I have a little more respect for you than that.

JohnDoe
09-16-2007, 08:56 AM
We going to play semantics today? Obviously, Ruby is unwilling to point a finger at the obvious suspects when they are the goobers she relates to. Pretty simple.

Do try and not identify yourself with that piece of trash. I have a little more respect for you than that.

I just don't think anyone on this board is a piece of trash Gunny...I think there are varring opinions, many of which I disagree with, but to me it doesn't make them a piece of trash.... ;) even as a figure of speech.

The truth is, that there is no evidence YET on who committed this crime, and to automatically speculate and then accuse the leftist anti war group of this as Avatar did, is just political fodder or political propaganda to stir up things.... Simple as that, imo.

jd

OCA
09-16-2007, 11:24 AM
How's about dumb-ass kids who don't have a clue as to what they're doing? Or didn't that cross your mind?

Uhhhh Bully, there were about 10-15,000 anti-war types on the mall yesterday, I saw them, and when they are here the wall just somehow gets defaced but the rest of the year it stays respected.

Dunno, but if you were the investigator on this what would you think?

Nukeman
09-16-2007, 11:32 AM
Uhhhh Bully, there were about 10-15,000 anti-war types on the mall yesterday, I saw them, and when they are here the wall just somehow gets defaced but the rest of the year it stays respected.

you know what he is gong to say "Bush did it"!!!!!:poke:

82Marine89
09-16-2007, 11:37 AM
you know what he is gong to say "Bush did it"!!!!!:poke:

Not this time. It was Rumsfield and Cheney stood guard with a shotgun.

Nukeman
09-16-2007, 11:41 AM
Not this time. It was Rumsfield and Cheney stood guard with a shotgun.

AHHHHHHHHHHHH Stupid me... I should know that....!!!!!:cheers2:

JohnDoe
09-16-2007, 11:43 AM

But wouldn't you think that if every time the anti war groups are in Washington to march and they "deface" the monument as you say, that the police would be guarding it or setting up a sting with some cheap video cameras in the area or even pay for Security guards during a period when they KNOW the anti war marchers are going to be there to prevent or catch the perps? And according to you, they should know the monument is going to be defaced assuredly, because it ONLY happens when a group like this is there....again, according to you?

Well, if what you are saying is correct...and I am NOT saying that it isn't OCA, so....if you are feeling I am...release it!!!! hahahaha!

I just think that our Capitol police or security could be alot better than what it is, and they are negligent for not trying to stop these kind of defacings!!!

They should catch the s.o.b.'s, or secure it enough, so that it does not happen....at least around these trend periods that they know about, imo.

jd

bullypulpit
09-16-2007, 02:05 PM

Some dumb-ass kids who don't have a clue as to what they were doing. Some anarchists out to stir up some shit. A pro-Bush supporter out to stir up some shit. Some left wing nut out to stir up some shit.

Until definitive proof as to who did it comes to light, its all pointless speculation and finger-pointing. If and when they do find out who did it a public flogging would, I think, be appropriate.

manu1959
09-16-2007, 02:09 PM

so they were "pro war" protesters.....

OCA
09-16-2007, 02:11 PM
But wouldn't you think that if every time the anti war groups are in Washington to march and they "deface" the monument as you say, that the police would be guarding it or setting up a sting with some cheap video cameras in the area or even pay for Security guards during a period when they KNOW the anti war marchers are going to be there to prevent or catch the perps? And according to you, they should know the monument is going to be defaced assuredly, because it ONLY happens when a group like this is there....again, according to you?

Well, if what you are saying is correct...and I am NOT saying that it isn't OCA, so....if you are feeling I am...release it!!!! hahahaha!

I just think that our Capitol police or security could be alot better than what it is, and they are negligent for not trying to stop these kind of defacings!!!

They should catch the s.o.b.'s, or secure it enough, so that it does not happen....at least around these trend periods that they know about, imo.

jd

Ok, lets see........10,000+protesters and the capitol police force which numbers roughly I would guess about 300 officers plus the D.C police force which I don't know how big it is but between these two they don't number anywhere 10,000 and they are supposed to be everywhere at all times?

Note: the monuments have generally been left alone during these marches and the main problems have been the tangling of traffic downtown and protecting businesses along the march route which if they have any kind of corporate connection ala Starbucks etc. etc. get hammered with graffiti etc. etc. so that is where the cops are generally concentrated(downtown to the capitol)

Funny though how you want to blame the police force and not the perps.

OCA
09-16-2007, 02:12 PM
Some dumb-ass kids who don't have a clue as to what they were doing. Some anarchists out to stir up some shit. A pro-Bush supporter out to stir up some shit. Some left wing nut out to stir up some shit.

Until definitive proof as to who did it comes to light, its all pointless speculation and finger-pointing. If and when they do find out who did it a public flogging would, I think, be appropriate.

All those aforementioned would be a part of the collective anti-war march.

truthmatters
09-16-2007, 02:19 PM
I cant find a ligitimate source on this story.

I dont think this is a real story.

manu1959
09-16-2007, 02:27 PM

i think you are wrong...........yet again....

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=vietnam+memorial+defaced

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tom-blumer/2007/09/16/vietnam-war-memorial-defaced-week-ago-park-service-reluctant-tab-vandali

http://washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070911/METRO/109110043/1004&template=printart

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/09/11/AR2007091102020.html?hpid=sec-nation

JohnDoe
09-16-2007, 02:36 PM
Ok, lets see........10,000+protesters and the capitol police force which numbers roughly I would guess about 300 officers plus the D.C police force which I don't know how big it is but between these two they don't number anywhere 10,000 and they are supposed to be everywhere at all times?

Note: the monuments have generally been left alone during these marches and the main problems have been the tangling of traffic downtown and protecting businesses along the march route which if they have any kind of corporate connection ala Starbucks etc. etc. get hammered with graffiti etc. etc. so that is where the cops are generally concentrated(downtown to the capitol)

Funny though how you want to blame the police force and not the perps.

Perps will ALWAYS be there OCA, but how efficiently our law enforcement uses its resources and our tax dollars to affect their community of responsibility is important, as you noted!

A few simple video cams during this period of known defacing would have done the trick of probably catching the perps, if not preventing the defacing in the first place if they advertised that the cameras were there....?

YOU are the one that said it happens ALL THE TIME when the anti war demonstrators are in Washington...., so i put my thinking hat on....and tried to figure out how we could stop it, which includes ''prevention''. There is nothing i or any person at this demonstration can do, to stop some one from committing a crime.... but i think that Security or cops have this as one of their responsibilities that they are paid for and also have the authority to do something, no?

And if defacing the monument doesn't weigh ''up there'' with Starbucks as an importance, then i just don't know what else to say.... :(

jd

truthmatters
09-16-2007, 02:39 PM
http://tinyurl.com/yt4btk

The one ligitimate source says they think it may have been an accidental situation.

I think maybe somebodys Skin So Soft was leaking from their pack pack.

Much ado about nothing.

manu1959
09-16-2007, 02:43 PM

The one ligitimate source says they think it may have been an accidental situation.

Much ado about nothing.

looks like you were wrong...it was a real story.....

i linked you to three legitimate sources an all said the memorial was defaced....who and why has not been verifed....

let the truth spinning begin........

truthmatters
09-16-2007, 02:48 PM

VIETNAM VETERANS MEMORIAL
Oily Substance Found on the Wall

By Michael E. Ruane
Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, September 12, 2007; Page B03

The National Park Service was trying to determine whether an oily substance found late last week on the Vietnam Veterans Memorial was the result of vandalism or an accident.

The material, which appeared to be gone yesterday, was noticed along the paving stones and the bottom of some of the panels and reported to U.S. Park Police on Friday evening, Park Service spokesman Bill Line said.

Officials are trying to determine whether material found on the Wall was the result of an accident or vandalism. (By Susan Biddle -- The Washington Post)

He said that cleaning crews worked over the weekend to remove the substance and that the Park Service is trying to determine what it was. "Until this investigation is completed, it is premature to speculate whether any intentional act was committed," Line said.

The black granite wall, which was dedicated in 1982, bears the names of more than 58,000 men and women who were killed or went missing during the Vietnam War. It is one of the most heavily visited tourist sites in Washington.

A roughly 10-foot area of the Wall's western side was cordoned off yesterday with orange traffic cones, and a plastic bucket containing water and a small scrub brush was nearby.

manu1959
09-16-2007, 02:49 PM

By Michael E. Ruane

The National Park Service was trying to determine whether an oily substance found late last week on the Vietnam Veterans Memorial was the result of vandalism or an accident.

The material, which appeared to be gone yesterday, was noticed along the paving stones and the bottom of some of the panels and reported to U.S. Park Police on Friday evening, Park Service spokesman Bill Line said.

Officials are trying to determine whether material found on the Wall was the result of an accident or vandalism. (By Susan Biddle -- The Washington Post)

He said that cleaning crews worked over the weekend to remove the substance and that the Park Service is trying to determine what it was. "Until this investigation is completed, it is premature to speculate whether any intentional act was committed," Line said.

The black granite wall, which was dedicated in 1982, bears the names of more than 58,000 men and women who were killed or went missing during the Vietnam War. It is one of the most heavily visited tourist sites in Washington.

A roughly 10-foot area of the Wall's western side was cordoned off yesterday with orange traffic cones, and a plastic bucket containing water and a small scrub brush was nearby.

yes we know ..... this was posted earlier ....

truthmatters
09-16-2007, 02:50 PM
Little red squares does not change the fact that newbusters is not a non partisan site.

Dilloduck
09-16-2007, 02:52 PM

Much ado about nothing.

The one ligitimate source :laugh2:

You've flipped your lid, woman.

manu1959
09-16-2007, 02:53 PM
:laugh2:

You've flipped your lid, woman.

doesn't matter.....nothin under the lid....

truthmatters
09-16-2007, 02:58 PM
http://newsbusters.org/about

is completely biased

About NewsBusters.org
Welcome to NewsBusters, a project of the Media Research Center (MRC), the leader in documenting, exposing and neutralizing liberal media bias.

In August of 2005, with the guidance of Matthew Sheffield and Greg Sheffield, the creators of RatherBiased.com, the MRC launched the NewsBusters blog to provide immediate exposure of liberal media bias, insightful analysis, constructive criticism and timely corrections to news media reporting.

Taking advantage of the MRC's thorough and ongoing tracking of liberal media bias, including a wealth of documentation and an archive of newscast video dating back 18 years, we aim to have NewsBusters play a leading role in blog media criticism by becoming the clearinghouse for all evidence of liberal media bias by joining to this formidable information store the contributions of already-established netizens as well as those who want to join in the web revolution.

manu1959
09-16-2007, 03:00 PM
http://newsbusters.org/about

is completely biased

why did they link to the times article that you claimed was unbiased.....

JohnDoe
09-16-2007, 03:03 PM

Much ado about nothing.

thank you tm for the link!

TRUTH does matter!

OCA and Manu and gunny and avatar....and even me for believing that it happened the week of the protest, WHICH THIS ARTICLE SHOWS it didn't, were ALL wrong, DON'T YA THINK? :slap:

By Michael E. Ruane

The material, which appeared to be gone yesterday, was noticed along the paving stones and the bottom of some of the panels and reported to U.S. Park Police on Friday evening, Park Service spokesman Bill Line said...

I'd say a GIANT leap was made to assosiate this with the anti war group that came in to washington this weekend with something that happened over a week earlier.... i just noticed the date of this with the Post's article!

jd

truthmatters
09-16-2007, 03:09 PM

TRUTH does matter!

OCA and Manu and gunny and avatar....and even me for believing that it happened the week of the protest, WHICH THIS ARTICLE SHOWS it didn't, were ALL wrong, DON'T YA THINK? :slap:

I'd say a GIANT leap was made to assosiate this with the anti war group that came in to washington this weekend with something that happened over a week earlier.... i just noticed the date of this with the Post's article!

jd

I agree ,much ado about nothing.

manu1959
09-16-2007, 03:14 PM

TRUTH does matter!

jd

uh...i posted the links to the articles indicating which days when and the status of the investigation.....liesmatter claimed the story was not real....

OCA
09-16-2007, 03:17 PM
Perps will ALWAYS be there OCA, but how efficiently our law enforcement uses its resources and our tax dollars to affect their community of responsibility is important, as you noted!

A few simple video cams during this period of known defacing would have done the trick of probably catching the perps, if not preventing the defacing in the first place if they advertised that the cameras were there....?

YOU are the one that said it happens ALL THE TIME when the anti war demonstrators are in Washington...., so i put my thinking hat on....and tried to figure out how we could stop it, which includes ''prevention''. There is nothing i or any person at this demonstration can do, to stop some one from committing a crime.... but i think that Security or cops have this as one of their responsibilities that they are paid for and also have the authority to do something, no?

And if defacing the monument doesn't weigh ''up there'' with Starbucks as an importance, then i just don't know what else to say.... :(

jd

I said that defacing happens all the time but the monuments had been left untouched until Saturday.

I hold the perps personally responsible and lay zero blame at the feet of law enforcement. Guess personal responsibility isn't one of your strong suits.

truthmatters
09-16-2007, 03:17 PM

Here was my first post and guess what the story turns out to not be what the other sites said it was.

I did not lie.

I questioned the story and it turns out I was right to do so.

OCA
09-16-2007, 03:21 PM

TRUTH does matter!

jd

War protesters have been gathering in the district for almost two weeks now. Since most are jobless drifters and drugged out rabblerousers who have no clue as to what they are protesting other than it offers the chance to commit wanton mayhem it seems logical to point the finger of blame at them.

Nice try.

Dilloduck
09-16-2007, 03:21 PM
OMG--you mean conservatives may have gone over the top trying to blast the left ? :laugh2:

OCA
09-16-2007, 03:22 PM
Here was my first post and guess what the story turns out to not be what the other sites said it was.

I did not lie.

I questioned the story and it turns out I was right to do so.

Again for the illiterate..................war protesters have been gathering in the district for up to two weeks now................they did it.

truthmatters
09-16-2007, 03:31 PM
Again for the illiterate..................war protesters have been gathering in the district for up to two weeks now................they did it.

You have no evidence who it was done by and if it was on purpose.

manu1959
09-16-2007, 03:34 PM
War protesters have been gathering in the district for almost two weeks now. Since most are jobless drifters and drugged out rabblerousers who have no clue as to what they are protesting other than it offers the chance to commit wanton mayhem it seems logical to point the finger of blame at them.

Nice try.

proof ... i tell you....she needs proof....

unless of course it is a story about bush flying airplanes into buildings or stealing oli....then theory and supposition is all that is required...

manu1959
09-16-2007, 03:36 PM
You have no evidence who it was done by and if it was on purpose.

how do you think the substance got on the wall?

well they were they there and the memorial was damaged.....

scott peterson was convicted on less and OJ aquitted on more.....

JohnDoe
09-16-2007, 03:41 PM
Oh come onn, don't be so ridiculous OCA. You nor I nor the police themselves KNOW what happened. YOu can keep this stand that you may think benefits you or your party or whatever, but it is unsubstanciated!

I seriously doubt that an anti war protester did it after reading the Post article, because if there was a vandal out there that wanted to deface the Vietnam war memorial, I seriously DOUBT they would use a substance that could so EASILY be removed, as the Police reported.

jd

manu1959
09-16-2007, 03:45 PM
Oh come onn, don't be so ridiculous OCA. You nor I nor the police themselves KNOW what happened. YOu can keep this stand that you may think benefits you or your party or whatever, but it is unsubstanciated!

I seriously doubt that an anti war protester did it after reading the Post article, because if there was a vandal out there that wanted to deface the Vietnam war memorial, I seriously DOUBT they would use a substance that could so EASILY be removed, as the Police reported.

jd

so which is.....you don't know what happened....or your sure you know what happened.....

Kathianne
09-16-2007, 03:47 PM
so which is.....you don't know what happened....or your sure you know what happened.....

Hey, what she's saying is that if the far left, those marching, were going to 'deface' they would do a better job than was done. Of course, that ignores the idea that even within such an educated group, there could be a less than genius.

truthmatters
09-16-2007, 03:51 PM
I already said what I thought happened.

Most of the oil was on the pathway.

It was about 10 feet long and did no permenant damage.

It happend on septtember 7th ,8th or 9th and was easily cleaned up.

I still bet it someones Skin So Soft leaked out of their back pack or a kid got hold of the bottle for a minute.

Skin So Soft is great for keeping bugs off .Did you know that ?

JohnDoe
09-16-2007, 03:56 PM

hmmmm, did I say the word sure Manu? :slap:

jd

manu1959
09-16-2007, 03:56 PM
I already said what I thought happened.

Most of the oil was on the pathway.

It was about 10 feet long and did no permenant damage.

It happend on septtember 7th ,8th or 9th and was easily cleaned up.

I still bet it someones Skin So Soft leaked out of their back pack or a kid got hold of the bottle for a minute.

Skin So Soft is great for keeping bugs off .Did you know that ?

skin so soft is not a green product....your theory is not plausible

Volunteers and National Park Service rangers on Saturday discovered a "light, oily" substance on the memorial's wall panels and the paving stones in front of it, Bill Line, a Park Service spokesman, said yesterday.

manu1959
09-16-2007, 04:00 PM
hmmmm, did I say the word sure Manu? :slap:

jd

nope .....you said "seriously doubt "..... you sound pretty sure to me ...are you now saying it is possible that it was anit war protesters....

JohnDoe
09-16-2007, 04:03 PM
And besides, don't you think that us Dems and Cons have enough political differences to try to resolve without this kind of fabricated outrage...

We don't know what happened.

The Police don't know what happened.

Whatever happened it did not harm anything.

End of story.

jd

Abbey Marie
09-16-2007, 04:04 PM
Our resident tin foil hat wearer is all of a sudden concerned with facts and proof?

manu1959
09-16-2007, 04:07 PM
And besides, don't you think that us Dems and Cons have enough political differences to try to resolve without this kind of fabricated outrage...

We don't know what happened.

The Police don't know what happened.

End of story.

jd

you mean like scooter libby.....

JohnDoe
09-16-2007, 04:07 PM
skin so soft is not a green product....your theory is not plausible

Volunteers and National Park Service rangers on Saturday discovered a "light, oily" substance on the memorial's wall panels and the paving stones in front of it, Bill Line, a Park Service spokesman, said yesterday.

And where is it reported that there was a "green Product"? I don't see this in what you posted as a reference, they said it was a LIGHT oily substance...they did not even say it was "oil" persay, but a light oily "substance"....which to me, means oil was a ''sub product'' of the product itself?

jd

manu1959
09-16-2007, 04:13 PM
And where is it reported that there was a "green Product"? I don't see this in what you posted as a reference, they said it was a LIGHT oily substance...they did not even say it was "oil" persay, but a light oily "substance"....which to me, means oil was a ''sub product'' of the product itself?

jd

so did you think it was oil before you thought it wasn't....

your liberal moon bat partner claimed it was skin so soft.....a liberal would never use skin so soft ... skin so soft is not a green product.....

truthmatters
09-16-2007, 04:38 PM
Why do I see no proof of a crime before you people are claiming it as such?

The "oil" was only on the walkway and a few of the lowest situated names.

If it were an attempt to deface the wall I think someone would have not done it in that manner.

manu1959
09-16-2007, 04:43 PM
Why do I see no proof of a crime before you people are claiming it as such?

The "oil" was only on the walkway and a few of the lowest situated names.

If it were an attempt to deface the wall I think someone would have not done it in that manner.

prove bush went to iraq to get the oil....

JohnDoe
09-16-2007, 04:44 PM
so did you think it was oil before you thought it wasn't....

your liberal moon bat partner claimed it was skin so soft.....a liberal would never use skin so soft ... skin so soft is not a green product.....

???? Where does it say "Green" manu?

could you cut and paste the part from any article that said "green" oil or "Green" substance? I missed it?

you are becoming pretty funny at this point, trying to continue this argument just for argument's sake.... hahahaha.... I do that too sometimes, but whoa boy! ;)

jd

manu1959
09-16-2007, 04:52 PM
???? Where does it say "Green" manu?

could you cut and paste the part from any article that said "green" oil or "Green" substance? I missed it?

you are becoming pretty funny at this point, trying to continue this argument just for argument's sake.... hahahaha.... I do that too sometimes, but whoa boy! ;)

jd

ya mean like now......

fuckin hell girl are you truths sister?.....she said soft scrub or whatever the fuck she said....i was joking that it would not be possible as liberal moon bats only use green products....

truthmatters
09-16-2007, 05:09 PM
He menas green as in approved by the ecology people.

It was a silly joke John.

manu1959
09-16-2007, 05:10 PM
He menas green as in approved by the ecology people.

It was a silly joke John.

no i meant green as in the color....holy shit....

OCA
09-16-2007, 05:12 PM
It was done during the past week by anti-war protesters, that much is true. One can only hope that they rounded up some of the good for nothings and are interrogating them thoroughly.

I think the district should be off limits to organized protests of all kinds.

OCA
09-16-2007, 05:16 PM
http://www.redstate.com/stories/war/vietnam_veterans_memorial_vandalized

Mr. P
09-16-2007, 05:17 PM

End of story.

jd

It did not harm anything? Oh but it did. It harmed me from the moment I read about it, as I’m sure it did many “Vietnam era” vets.

I am so upset with this I still can’t find the words, so let me just say this for now.

To think that one or more of our countrymen could desecrate such a solemn site erected in memory of our fallen brothers, husbands and fathers, sisters and mothers, brings back to the surface other memories and old wounds like; “baby killer”, being spat on in public and Hanoi Jane. These Wounds are deep and do great “harm”! They are so deep, they will never be, they can’t be, washed away with a tooth brush and warm water.

Regardless of who did this, it does do harm, much more than many will ever know.

OCA
09-16-2007, 05:20 PM
It did not harm anything? Oh but it did. It harmed me from the moment I read about it, as I’m sure it did many “Vietnam era” vets.

I am so upset with this I still can’t find the words, so let me just say this for now.

To think that one or more of our countrymen could desecrate such a solemn site erected in memory of our fallen brothers, husbands and fathers, sisters and mothers, brings back to the surface other memories and old wounds like; “baby killer”, being spat on in public and Hanoi Jane. These Wounds are deep and do great “harm”! They are so deep, they will never be, they can’t be, washed away with a tooth brush and warm water.

Regardless of who did this, it does do harm, much more than many will ever know.

P, you are right on the mark as usual but words like "fallen brothers" etc. etc. mean little to people like J.D. and Liesmatter, honor is something they never acquainted themselves with.

bullypulpit
09-16-2007, 06:52 PM
It was done during the past week by anti-war protesters, that much is true. One can only hope that they rounded up some of the good for nothings and are interrogating them thoroughly.

I think the district should be off limits to organized protests of all kinds.

And while they're at it, they should round up the Mesicans, the homeless, and let's not forget blacks, Puerto Ricans, Jews and Gypsies. The authorities don't know who to "round up", so, let's just round everyone up and beat the bejeezus of them until they confess to something.

Seig heil, y'all.

OCA
09-16-2007, 06:57 PM
And while they're at it, they should round up the Mesicans, the homeless, and let's not forget blacks, Puerto Ricans, Jews and Gypsies. The authorities don't know who to "round up", so, let's just round everyone up and beat the bejeezus of them until they confess to something.

Seig heil, y'all.

Hey, the homeless and Gypsies..............not bad, not bad, start off with the assholes scamming people with those signs on street corners.

Abbey Marie
09-16-2007, 07:17 PM

I repped you for this, but I also wanted to publicly acknowledge how great this post is.

:clap: :salute: :beer:

:thewave:

manu1959
09-16-2007, 07:42 PM
It turned out to be not quite what the con sites were saying it was.

arguing with yourself again.......or did you get confused which window you had open......

two computers two nicks.....nice....

Gunny
09-16-2007, 08:11 PM

TRUTH does matter!

jd

Ummm .... no? I don't recall that I speculated about when it happened at all. I was just all for throwing libtard war protestors in jail.:poke:

Gunny
09-16-2007, 08:17 PM

Seig heil, y'all.

You forgot Arabs. Can't have a roundup without the Arabs.:slap:

JohnDoe
09-16-2007, 08:32 PM
Ummm .... no? I don't recall that I speculated about when it happened at all. I was just all for throwing libtard war protestors in jail.:poke:

hahahahaha! ohhhh, sorry! my mistake gunny!!!! :laugh2:

JohnDoe
09-17-2007, 08:09 AM
nope .....you said "seriously doubt "..... you sound pretty sure to me ...are you now saying it is possible that it was anit war protesters....yes, i am ''almost certain'' that this was probably not one of the anti-war protesters, and was probably some kind of accident.

i come to this conclusion because:

1-the defaced area was small and was partly on the ground which makes me think it was a spill.

2- the substance is describe as a "light oily substance" not Paint or anything permanent to deface the monument in any kind of semi permanent manner.

3-the substance was easily removed with "water and scrub brush" ONLY...

4- the defacing took place around september 6/7 well before the anti-war crowds gathered.

I am NOT excluding the fact that an anti-war protester might have done this.... they would be the likely suspect if the monument was actually defaced purposefully.

And I also can understand the feelings going on here, regarding ANY kind of intentional defacing of the monument....it sucks....my father served a year there, came back alive, THANK GOD, but many he knew did not... :(

jd

AFbombloader
09-19-2007, 05:57 AM

It doesn't matter who did this to the families whose loved ones names are ruined now. It is kinda suspicious that is happened with protest groups in the mall. I will reserve my judgement until there are more facts.

What exactly is a flogging? Is it like the caneing they do overseas? I am all for that!

diuretic
09-19-2007, 06:22 AM
In 1984 I visited DC for the first and only time (I'd like to re-visit it, next time I'll spend more time there because it was so interesting) and I made a point of seeing the Vietnam Memorial. It was remarkable.

I don't know who defaced the memorial. Whether it was anti-War protestors, political operatives or anyone else. As far as I know there have been no arrests and frankiy there aren't likely to be any. But I do know that anyone who could find it in themselves to deface that memorial will get nothing but condemnation from me and I don't care what their motives are.

Ruby
09-19-2007, 12:50 PM

I can and do co-exist just fine with people that I dont agree with and of course dont agree with me. Where have I ever said that people should be locked up, arrested, killed or have any rights stripped from them because they dont believe as I do or share my views?

I see plenty of other people on this site that want people who "think" a certain way to be locked up, rounded up, arrested etc...you wont see such sentiments coming from me. It seems plenty of people around here would gladly embrace a fascist state...one that strips citizens of the right to ask polticians questions, one that strips citizens of their right to dissent, one that treats citizens as criminals and rounds them up for interrogation etc.

Please show me where I am actually being a hypocrite...when did I advocate different rules for those who politically oppose me? I wont hold my breath of course, it would be silly to do so waiting for you to come up with non-existant evidence to support your fictional point.

Ruby
09-19-2007, 12:54 PM

That dosent make sense....are you trying to say ALL ANTI-WAR protesters are criminals???

I have NO idea who did it or why or if it was even on purpose...so I am giving everyone the benefit of the doubt since no one can be blamed, we lack evidence to lay blame. I am silly like that and need a reason to "blame" someone for somthing.

Hagbard Celine
09-19-2007, 12:57 PM

Start lobbying Congress for our soldiers to come home from the war zone and I'll start taking you seriously. Who cares about a memorial if even one more soldier dies in Iraq?

Ruby
09-19-2007, 12:57 PM
Is the fact I said "nazis," NOT "white males" too complicated for YOU? I think you need to choose "Purchase a Clue" for $200.:fu:

Not all anti-war protesters agree that the vietnam war was wrong either!

Again, you cant even blame all nazis or even assume it was a "nazi" who painted a swastika on a synogogue. You cant start rounding up members of a nazi groups either. You need evidence against particular people for particular crimes...its a concept you really should become acquanited with.

Ruby
09-19-2007, 01:02 PM

No I am unwilling to point to people without evidence. The same way I am not going to automatically assume anti-abortion groups are behind a murder of a doctor who performs abortions.

All the name calling is a good indication of your own limitations.

diuretic
09-19-2007, 05:44 PM
Start lobbying Congress for our soldiers to come home from the war zone and I'll start taking you seriously. Who cares about a memorial if even one more soldier dies in Iraq?

Have you seen it? If you have then I'm surprised you'd say that. If you haven't then you should read up on the Vietnam War and then visit the memorial if you get the chance.

Trigg
09-19-2007, 05:59 PM

The Vietnam Wall has nothing at all to do with the war in Iraq.

I visited the Wall with my sister and I will never forget the emotions that I felt. It's a powerfull memorial to the men who lost their lives.

Hagbard Celine
09-20-2007, 08:51 AM
The Vietnam Wall has nothing at all to do with the war in Iraq.

I visited the Wall with my sister and I will never forget the emotions that I felt. It's a powerfull memorial to the men who lost their lives.

Apparently you care about it more than the lives of the soldiers you piece of sh*t. I've visited it too. I'm named after one of the guys who is on it so don't preach to me about that memorial you brainless sheep. If you had one brain cell you'd realize what a f*cking hypocrite you are. I would say I pity you but you're not worth it. You're what's wrong with this country.

jimnyc
09-20-2007, 08:52 AM
Apparently you care about it more than the lives of the soldiers you piece of sh*t.

She's a piece of shit for stating the fact that the Vietnam memorial has nothing to do with Iraq, or for stating the emotions she felt when she visited the memorial? That's a sad reply, Hag.

Hagbard Celine
09-20-2007, 08:54 AM
She's a piece of shit for stating the fact that the Vietnam memorial has nothing to do with Iraq, or for stating the emotions she felt when she visited the memorial? That's a sad reply, Hag.

No, what's sad is saying that you care about the flag or the memorial or you proudly stick a "support the troops" magnet on your car but as far as the soldiers are concerned, you're content to keep them in a war zone to die. That's what's sad. It's also sad that none of you can see how sad it is.

jimnyc
09-20-2007, 08:56 AM
No, what's sad is saying that you care about the flag or the memorial or you proudly stick a "support the troops" magnet on your car but as far as the soldiers are concerned, you're content to keep them in a war zone to die. That's what's sad. It's also sad that none of you can see how sad it is.

I don't recall seeing any of that in the reply you quoted from her. I see this thread to be about the Vietnam Memorial, and nothing occurring today should take away from our brave soldiers from the past. I simply disagree that she's "a piece of shit" for stating what she did about said memorial.

Hagbard Celine
09-20-2007, 09:00 AM
I don't recall seeing any of that in the reply you quoted from her. I see this thread to be about the Vietnam Memorial, and nothing occurring today should take away from our brave soldiers from the past. I simply disagree that she's "a piece of shit" for stating what she did about said memorial.
She's a piece because she neg repped me for stating that instead of sh*tting a brick about a memorial she and the rest of us should be more concerned with the living soldiers who are dying in Iraq.

It seems to me that all of you are more concerned with letting everyone else know how "American" you are by worshipping the flag and calling others "unAmerican" that you've forgotten what really matters.

AFbombloader
09-20-2007, 09:03 AM

Can you be more of an ass? All Trigg did was state what she felt and that a memorial to another war has nothing to do with the events today. And you attack her for not caring about the troops? Where do you come off? How do you know she doesnt care?

As far as leaving us in a war zone, the individuals signed up and knew what the responsibilities were. "I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." (Title 10, US Code; Act of 5 May 1960 replacing the wording first adopted in 1789, with amendment effective 5 October 1962). And yes I can say this because I have given 19 years to my country. What have you done besides bitch on this page. Get off your high horse.

Hagbard Celine
09-20-2007, 09:12 AM
Can you be more of an ass? All Trigg did was state what she felt and that a memorial to another war has nothing to do with the events today. And you attack her for not caring about the troops? Where do you come off? How do you know she doesnt care?

As far as leaving us in a war zone, the individuals signed up and knew what the responsibilities were. "I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." (Title 10, US Code; Act of 5 May 1960 replacing the wording first adopted in 1789, with amendment effective 5 October 1962). And yes I can say this because I have given 19 years to my country. What have you done besides bitch on this page. Get off your high horse.
What I said originally is that we shouldn't give two sh*ts about a stupid memorial while even one more soldier dies in Iraq. What's more important? A symbol or human life? She negative repped me for that. The reason I'm so incensed is because I never neg rep anyone. I've been to the Vietnam wall. It stirs patriotic emotions in me just like it does everyone else. I even made a rubbing of the guy I'm named after. The point is that we're all sitting here crying over a memorial that some punk sprayed oil on while living, breathing soldiers with families are dying and getting blown apart in a war with an indefinite end. What happened to priorities? Just because somebody signed up and "knew the responsibilities" isn't any reason to unnecessarily waste their life. They may have signed the paper, but that doesn't make them expendable. Congrats on the 19 years. That's a career to most people. Way to stick with it.

Nukeman
09-20-2007, 10:04 AM
Apparently you care about it more than the lives of the soldiers you piece of sh*t. I've visited it too. I'm named after one of the guys who is on it so don't preach to me about that memorial you brainless sheep. If you had one brain cell you'd realize what a f*cking hypocrite you are. I would say I pity you but you're not worth it. You're what's wrong with this country.I think you carried this WAY too far with calling Trigg names. Me personnaly I would kick your ass for saying that to any woman!!!! Your more upset that she neg repped you more than anything. Ahhh poor baby!!!! I get neg repped and I dont ever give out neg rep its part of life. We grownups don't let it bother us.

I know Trigg personnaly and she is one of the nicest caring people you would ever have the privelage of meeting, YOU sir are the piece of shit and I pity you for saying such things about someone you have absolutely no idea of who or what type of person they are.

I am positive that she cares more for the soldiers than a piece of stone (she has numerous family members who have served and fought for this great country) but that being said she also CARES ABOUT THE MEMORY of those fallen sodiers as well. You can't seem to grasp the concept of HONORING AND RESPECTING soldiers past as well as caring for the well being of our current soldiers.. When you can wrap this around your tiny little brain that can only seem to carry one thought in it, maybe you can come play with the adults..

Trigg
09-20-2007, 10:29 AM
Apparently you care about it more than the lives of the soldiers you piece of sh*t. I've visited it too. I'm named after one of the guys who is on it so don't preach to me about that memorial you brainless sheep. If you had one brain cell you'd realize what a f*cking hypocrite you are. I would say I pity you but you're not worth it. You're what's wrong with this country.

Apparently I've stired the pot a bit.

I neg repped you for saying who cares about the memorial, when it has nothing at all to do with the war in Iraq. You not agreeing with this war doesn't mean you can shit on the lives given by the men on that wall.

Nuc is right my father was in that war as were a few of my uncles. Thank god they came back alive and healthy. Many did not.

FYI, I don't agree with the war in Iraq I've said many times that I think the war was a mistake in the first place. It was a hornets nest that we stired up. However, now that we are there we have an obligation to stay and help get the country back on track.

I care very much for the soldiers fighting and dying in Iraq. I hope they come home soon. But, like AFbombloader said these men and women know what they are signing up for.

manu1959
09-20-2007, 11:23 AM

:lol: actually this type of behaviour is what is wrong with america....

Abbey Marie
09-20-2007, 11:30 AM
Geez, Hag, you are losing it. I don't know Trigg personally, but judging by her posts on this board, she seems like a fine woman. She certainly does not deserve to be called names by you. Is your generation in the habit of calling decent women such names?

darin
09-20-2007, 01:06 PM
She's a piece because she neg repped me for stating that instead of sh*tting a brick about a memorial she and the rest of us should be more concerned with the living soldiers who are dying in Iraq.

It seems to me that all of you are more concerned with letting everyone else know how "American" you are by worshipping the flag and calling others "unAmerican" that you've forgotten what really matters.

What have you done, personally, in the past week to make a soldier's life better, safer, or more-efficient?

manu1959
09-20-2007, 01:13 PM
What have you done, personally, in the past week to make a soldier's life better, safer, or more-efficient?

he works at CNN....nuf said...

truthmatters
09-20-2007, 01:18 PM
I urged my senator and reps to vote for the troops to get the proper rest.

You republics voted against it.

You call that support?

Nukeman
09-20-2007, 01:39 PM

You call that support?Before you spout off maybe you should be a little more informed as to what your talking about. This isn't just about longer leave. There is much more to the equation than just that.

darin
09-20-2007, 01:44 PM

You call that support?

What is proper?

AFbombloader
09-20-2007, 02:10 PM

You call that support?

Every branch has their own policy about how much time between deployments is required. Leave it up to them, they know what is best for their Airmen, Soldiers, Sailors and Marines.

Who says 12 months is enough? In the Air Force we have to get aircrew up to speed, aircraft through major phase inspections, mechanich through training. Does congress know what each airframe requires? What about each MOI in the Army? How much more training would an Apache crew need over an infantryman?

This is another example of too many people trying to steer the car. Leave it to those who know!

AF :salute: