PDA

View Full Version : Ex-FBI Lawyer to Plead Guilty in Durham Probe

jimnyc
08-14-2020, 12:08 PM
I'm not cheering it, although it's a start. Why this crap takes so damn long is beyond me. But the more dominoes that fall, the more chances of someone speaking up to save their own asses.

---

Ex-FBI Lawyer to Plead Guilty in Durham Probe

WASHINGTON (AP) — A former FBI lawyer plans to plead guilty to making a false statement in the first criminal case arising from U.S. Attorney John Durham’s investigation into the probe of ties between Russia and the 2016 Trump campaign.

Kevin Clinesmith is being charged in federal court in Washington and is expected to plead guilty to one count of making a false statement, his attorney Justin Shur told The Associated Press.

The case against Clinesmith is likely to be cheered by President Donald Trump and his supporters as they look to the Durham investigation to lift Trump’s wobbly reelection prospects and to expose what they see as wrongdoing as the FBI opened an investigation into whether the Trump campaign was coordinating with the Kremlin to sway the outcome of the 2016 election.

The Durham investigation, which is also examining the intelligence community’s assessment about Russian election interference, has caused deep concern among Democrats, who view it as a politically charged exercise meant to relitigate an already closed investigation and fear criminal charges or public reports issued so close to the 2020 election could be timed to affect November’s vote.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/news/ex-fbi-lawyer-to-plead-guilty-in-durhams-trump-russia-probe/

Gunny
08-14-2020, 12:30 PM
I'm not cheering it, although it's a start. Why this crap takes so damn long is beyond me. But the more dominoes that fall, the more chances of someone speaking up to save their own asses.

---

Ex-FBI Lawyer to Plead Guilty in Durham Probe

WASHINGTON (AP) — A former FBI lawyer plans to plead guilty to making a false statement in the first criminal case arising from U.S. Attorney John Durham’s investigation into the probe of ties between Russia and the 2016 Trump campaign.

Kevin Clinesmith is being charged in federal court in Washington and is expected to plead guilty to one count of making a false statement, his attorney Justin Shur told The Associated Press.

The case against Clinesmith is likely to be cheered by President Donald Trump and his supporters as they look to the Durham investigation to lift Trump’s wobbly reelection prospects and to expose what they see as wrongdoing as the FBI opened an investigation into whether the Trump campaign was coordinating with the Kremlin to sway the outcome of the 2016 election.

The Durham investigation, which is also examining the intelligence community’s assessment about Russian election interference, has caused deep concern among Democrats, who view it as a politically charged exercise meant to relitigate an already closed investigation and fear criminal charges or public reports issued so close to the 2020 election could be timed to affect November’s vote.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/news/ex-fbi-lawyer-to-plead-guilty-in-durhams-trump-russia-probe/WHAT was the false statement about? I'm as interested in nabbing low-level office pogues on the left for process crimes as I am Russina collusion process crimes.

jimnyc
08-14-2020, 12:46 PM
WHAT was the false statement about? I'm as interested in nabbing low-level office pogues on the left for process crimes as I am Russina collusion process crimes.

The actions they took in the very beginning, FISA warrants and different ways to spy on Trump, and also get away with other FBI actions. Lots and lots of wrongdoing here - but this is just one, just the beginning IMO...

Ex-FBI Lawyer To Plead Guilty In Durham Probe To Altering Email About Carter Page

A former FBI attorney will plead guilty to making false statements in documents used to obtain a surveillance warrant against former Trump aide Carter Page, his lawyer told the Associated Press Friday.

The guilty plea from Kevin Clinesmith is the first legal action taken in an investigation led by John Durham, a U.S. attorney looking into the origins of the Trump-Russia probe and other intelligence-gathering activities related to the Trump campaign.

Clinesmith’s lawyer, Justin Shur, told the Associated Press that his client will plead guilty to a single false statements charge as part of a cooperation agreement with the government.

Rest - https://dailycaller.com/2020/08/14/kevin-clinesmith-fbi-durham-carter-page/

Gunny
08-14-2020, 03:22 PM
The actions they took in the very beginning, FISA warrants and different ways to spy on Trump, and also get away with other FBI actions. Lots and lots of wrongdoing here - but this is just one, just the beginning IMO...

Ex-FBI Lawyer To Plead Guilty In Durham Probe To Altering Email About Carter Page

A former FBI attorney will plead guilty to making false statements in documents used to obtain a surveillance warrant against former Trump aide Carter Page, his lawyer told the Associated Press Friday.

The guilty plea from Kevin Clinesmith is the first legal action taken in an investigation led by John Durham, a U.S. attorney looking into the origins of the Trump-Russia probe and other intelligence-gathering activities related to the Trump campaign.

Clinesmith’s lawyer, Justin Shur, told the Associated Press that his client will plead guilty to a single false statements charge as part of a cooperation agreement with the government.

Rest - https://dailycaller.com/2020/08/14/kevin-clinesmith-fbi-durham-carter-page/I got cut off and had to hammer out the last words above, hit enter and run. The munchkin woke up :)

What I am saying is that I, and others scoffed at every step the Dems/left/bureaucracy took going after minor players in Trump's organization trying to tie him to Russia. I'm not in favor of turning around and doing the same. Nailing some little unknown underling isn't anywhere near who I want to see in shackles.

jimnyc
08-14-2020, 04:01 PM
I got cut off and had to hammer out the last words above, hit enter and run. The munchkin woke up :)

What I am saying is that I, and others scoffed at every step the Dems/left/bureaucracy took going after minor players in Trump's organization trying to tie him to Russia. I'm not in favor of turning around and doing the same. Nailing some little unknown underling isn't anywhere near who I want to see in shackles.

He's already naming names to cover his own ass, and no doubt why they go after the little guy sometimes. They are usually the ones to sing like canaries.

Gunny
08-14-2020, 09:53 PM
He's already naming names to cover his own ass, and no doubt why they go after the little guy sometimes. They are usually the ones to sing like canaries.That is true enough. Nothing like "loyalty" in the criminal world these days :laugh:

I'm just not getting my hopes up anybody important that everybody and his brother knows is guilty is going to swing. They had and still have Hitlery dead to rights with nothing between criminal charges and her but a lack of will. Ask John Walker.