PDA

View Full Version : Nt and me going wild

NT'sGirl
08-16-2020, 01:52 PM

http://www.stephanlakealaska.com/

LongTermGuy
08-16-2020, 01:55 PM
https://neonpinkninja23.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/a2z-108-a-2-z-scraplets-beautiful-script-word-large.jpg

jimnyc
08-16-2020, 02:15 PM
Say's its in the mountains of Talkeetna... how far off are ya from your own cabin?

Looks beautiful there - and quiet and relaxing!

NT'sGirl
08-16-2020, 04:16 PM
Say's its in the mountains of Talkeetna... how far off are ya from your own cabin?

Looks beautiful there - and quiet and relaxing!

L5 is a little farther than halfway between here and Talkeetna. Its only about an hour from our house by Cub.

NightTrain
08-16-2020, 05:02 PM
We're about 60 miles upriver from our cabin. This lodge is really awesome!

I fixed their satellite internet and fixed the DC system just for fun. Nice and relaxing out here!

Bear, moose, sheep, caribou, all 5 species of salmon spawning in the lake right next to shore in front of the lodge... this place is amazing.

SassyLady
08-16-2020, 05:49 PM
Lucky you!
:clap:

LongTermGuy
08-16-2020, 08:35 PM
Lucky you!

Nice...No luck..they earned it...But I get it...;)

NT'sGirl
08-17-2020, 01:39 AM
Lucky you!

I am indeed a lucky girl!

NT'sGirl
08-17-2020, 01:41 AM
Nice...No luck..they earned it...But I get it...;)

We try to earn it every day. But it helps when you are lucky lol

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-17-2020, 05:41 AM
Stunningly beautiful!
I have over these 6 and a half decades many times thought of moving to Alaska.
What always held me back was the extreme cold weather. I being of Native American bloodline, dearly hate the cold.
And my having grown up here in the South with its warm clime I just could never bite that bullet--tho' the wilderness there so truly drew me with a powerful might.
You guys are very blessed methinks.. God bless... -Tyr

jimnyc
08-17-2020, 11:03 AM
We're about 60 miles upriver from our cabin. This lodge is really awesome!

I fixed their satellite internet and fixed the DC system just for fun. Nice and relaxing out here!

Bear, moose, sheep, caribou, all 5 species of salmon spawning in the lake right next to shore in front of the lodge... this place is amazing.

Oh wow, not even close.

And I see a pontoon boat at the dock, that yours for the week? Love them boats, so relaxing.

NT'sGirl
08-17-2020, 02:14 PM
Oh wow, not even close.

And I see a pontoon boat at the dock, that yours for the week? Love them boats, so relaxing.

My pilot said it was just over halfway as the ravens fliy but I would go with what Rick said.

Funny enough that's the first flying pontoon boat I have ever seen lol. They brought it in by plane. Also the first time I have ever been on a pontoon.
There are lots of cool toys to play with. It could take a while to get bored here.

jimnyc
08-17-2020, 02:25 PM
My pilot said it was just over halfway as the ravens fliy but I would go with what Rick said.

Funny enough that's the first flying pontoon boat I have ever seen lol. They brought it in by plane. Also the first time I have ever been on a pontoon.
There are lots of cool toys to play with. It could take a while to get bored here.

Sweet!!

The pontoons are awesome on a flatter area. So much more comfortable and like being on land, even when moving. Awesome for fishing off of!

Catching a lot of salmon?

What other ways to get around once there? Walking, boats... they let ya borrow anything on land, like a 3 or 4 wheeler?

NT'sGirl
08-17-2020, 04:48 PM
Sweet!!

The pontoons are awesome on a flatter area. So much more comfortable and like being on land, even when moving. Awesome for fishing off of!

Catching a lot of salmon?

What other ways to get around once there? Walking, boats... they let ya borrow anything on land, like a 3 or 4 wheeler?

Wheelers, a couple of argos, boats of various sizes, wheeler on tracks, three wheeler, even a dirt bike. Lots of trails around the cabin to blueberry pick.
I have not gone fishing but I do sit and watch the multitude of fish playing in front of the lodge. And the Armada... a little flock of ducks that don't seem to know how to fly just yet. They are my favorite.
Had a golden eagle buzz by and a Merlin falcon took out one of the little song birds the other day.