PDA

View Full Version : Philly seeks 10,000 BLACK men to guard streets

Yurt
09-15-2007, 09:01 AM
Philly seeks 10,000 BLACK men to guard streets

PHILADELPHIA - The city's embattled police chief, acknowledging that police alone cannot quell a run of deadly violence, has called on 10,000 black men to patrol the streets to reduce crime.

Sylvester Johnson, who is black, says black men have a duty to protect more vulnerable residents. He wants each volunteer to pledge to work three hours a day for at least 90 days.

"It's time for African-American men to stand up," Johnson told the Philadelphia Daily News, which first reported the story Wednesday. "We have an obligation to protect our women, our children and our elderly. We're going to put men on the street. We're going to train them in conflict resolution."

The program's backers include Dennis Muhammad, a former Nation of Islam official who has been hired by police departments in Detroit, Syracuse, N.Y., and other cities to conduct community-sensitivity training.

Philadelphia, the nation's sixth-largest city, has nearly 1.5 million residents, 44 percent of them black. It has notched 294 homicides this year. More than 80 percent of the slayings involve handguns, and most involve young black males.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070914/ap_on_re_us/philadelphia_violence

Enough I say. I am sick of this double standard.

Dilloduck
09-15-2007, 09:46 AM
Philly seeks 10,000 BLACK men to guard streets

PHILADELPHIA - The city's embattled police chief, acknowledging that police alone cannot quell a run of deadly violence, has called on 10,000 black men to patrol the streets to reduce crime.

Sylvester Johnson, who is black, says black men have a duty to protect more vulnerable residents. He wants each volunteer to pledge to work three hours a day for at least 90 days.

"It's time for African-American men to stand up," Johnson told the Philadelphia Daily News, which first reported the story Wednesday. "We have an obligation to protect our women, our children and our elderly. We're going to put men on the street. We're going to train them in conflict resolution."

The program's backers include Dennis Muhammad, a former Nation of Islam official who has been hired by police departments in Detroit, Syracuse, N.Y., and other cities to conduct community-sensitivity training.

Philadelphia, the nation's sixth-largest city, has nearly 1.5 million residents, 44 percent of them black. It has notched 294 homicides this year. More than 80 percent of the slayings involve handguns, and most involve young black males.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070914/ap_on_re_us/philadelphia_violence

Enough I say. I am sick of this double standard.

A group of black vigilantes ?? great---good luck philly.

Abbey Marie
09-15-2007, 11:17 AM
And some people questioned my comment that Philly is an urban war zone. :laugh2:

Hugh Lincoln
09-15-2007, 12:23 PM
Aside from this being illegal, it won't work. The only way to make Philadelphia safe is to put the black population on boats and send them back to Africa.

09-15-2007, 02:30 PM
we havent hit 300 yet? Im disappointed... (okay not really)

I saw the article earlier. I dont know why we need black men rather than just any man willing to do whats right. thats the problem with the city.

Yurt
09-15-2007, 07:58 PM
A group of black vigilantes ?? great---good luck philly.

That is actually a VERY interesting point there Dillo. If these were a white group in a city with a similar population base, or less, people would say exactly that. Take it a step further and make the population 95% white, well then you would have racists, supremacists, neo nazis, whatever, vigilantes.

I guess it is just another "chocolate" city.....

Yurt
09-15-2007, 07:59 PM
Aside from this being illegal, it won't work. The only way to make Philadelphia safe is to put the black population on boats and send them back to Africa.

Yeah, cuz there are no bad whiteys in philly, all good upstanding citizens that would not harm a flea.

Don't you think there is a limit?

PostmodernProphet
09-16-2007, 05:37 AM
The only way to make Philadelphia safe is to put the black population on boats and send them back to Africa.

????.....not having met you before, I don't know how to take that.....if I should take it literally, I must admit....I didn't think people like you still existed.....

now that you're here, there is a question that has always intrigued me......how do you keep that point in your hat from falling over?

http://hollywoodmoviecostumes.com/images/kkk.jpg

Hugh Lincoln
09-16-2007, 12:44 PM
????.....not having met you before, I don't know how to take that.....if I should take it literally, I must admit....I didn't think people like you still existed.....

now that you're here, there is a question that has always intrigued me......how do you keep that point in your hat from falling over?

Welcome! You'll find out that people first scream "how racist!" at me, but then never have the facts or logic to debate me. Screaming "racist" is not an argument.

However impractical to achieve (politically, not actually), if you took 10,000 of Philadelphia's most criminally-behaved blacks and sent them back to Africa, the crime rate would drop off precipitiously. There isn't really an argument against this as a matter of pure fact - folks just don't like the idea because it would be "unfair" or against due process or what have you. Sure. But it would solve crime.