PDA

View Full Version : Biden's acceptance speech

jimnyc
08-17-2020, 01:29 PM
Some are asking and wondering how he'll get through his speech and whether he will make all the gaffes he's been making and if he gets caught up in not knowing what the hell he's talking about again.

It's going to be written by someone else, and pre-recorded and likely edited a few hundred times. No distractions, no crowd, no interruptions & if the slightest mistake is made, they can edit or do again.

Kamala Harris will be the evening before Biden's speech.

I have read that many of the speakers will be submitting pre-recorded speeches. AOC was allotted a whole one minute to speak, and it's also pre-recorded they say, to ensure she doesn't go off message.

Will they attempt to make Biden's look live? Pipe in audience noise? (read that in another) Or will they make it obvious it's a pre-recorded speech and/or announce so? Doubtful.

So don't expect to see democrats screwing up what they say, or Biden and team not liking something here or there. It'll likely be a heavily edited event for TV. No thank you.

Gunny
08-17-2020, 08:19 PM
Some are asking and wondering how he'll get through his speech and whether he will make all the gaffes he's been making and if he gets caught up in not knowing what the hell he's talking about again.

It's going to be written by someone else, and pre-recorded and likely edited a few hundred times. No distractions, no crowd, no interruptions & if the slightest mistake is made, they can edit or do again.

Kamala Harris will be the evening before Biden's speech.

I have read that many of the speakers will be submitting pre-recorded speeches. AOC was allotted a whole one minute to speak, and it's also pre-recorded they say, to ensure she doesn't go off message.

Will they attempt to make Biden's look live? Pipe in audience noise? (read that in another) Or will they make it obvious it's a pre-recorded speech and/or announce so? Doubtful.

So don't expect to see democrats screwing up what they say, or Biden and team not liking something here or there. It'll likely be a heavily edited event for TV. No thank you.This one's easy: "I hereby retire from public office effective midnight tonight and turn the reins over to my VP".

KarlMarx
08-18-2020, 06:54 PM
It will likely be pre-recorded and heavily edited

icansayit
08-18-2020, 08:00 PM
It will likely be pre-recorded and heavily edited

Intentional plagiarism. So it won't be anything WE HAVEN'T HEARD BEFORE.
Biden was accused of plagiarizing a speech by Neil Kinnock, leader of the British Labour Party. Kinnock's speech, delivered to a Welsh Labour Party conference on May 15, 1987, and then rebroadcast during the UK 1987 general election, made reference to his background and that of his wife Glenys.
Campaign: 1988 United States presidential el...
Candidate: Joe Biden; U. S. Senator from Dela...
Key people: Tim Ridley (manager); Valerie Bid...

Joe Biden 1988 presidential campaign - Wikipedia