PDA

View Full Version : North Korea losing minds over dogs

jimnyc
08-17-2020, 04:35 PM
I know some out there may say - that when it comes to life or death, that makes it ok. And yeah, I know we're supposedly higher up the food chain and all that jazz.

But nope, sorry, couldn't and can't get on board with it, no way and no how. Maybe I'm too much of a pet lover. And others will likely say "when you are about to starve to death you will think differently" or that it's better than eating grass.

And then what? You eat everyone's pets and then what? The citizens won't be able to just donate more and more, and then more again. So you're going to destroy pets, and bonds with people - for how long?

I'd rather be dead if it came to that.

Just nuke this place already.

---

North Koreans are ordered to hand over 'decadent and bourgeois' pet dogs for 'restaurant meat' as the country is rocked by food shortages

Dictator Kim Jong-un announced in July that owning a pet is now against the law
Authorities are identifying homes with dogs in Pyongyang and rounding them up
Some of the dogs are sent to state-run zoos or sold to dog meat restaurants

Kim Jong-un has declared that pet dogs are a symbol of capitalist 'decadence' and ordered that dogs in Pyongyang be rounded up - and owners are fearful that their beloved pets are being used to solve the nation's food shortages.

Dictator Kim announced in July that owning a pet is now against the law, denouncing having a dog at home as 'a tainted trend of bourgeois ideology'.

'Authorities have identified households with pet dogs and are forcing them to give them up or forcefully confiscating them and putting them down', a source told South Korea's Chosun Ilbo newspaper.

Rest - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8634831/North-Koreans-ordered-hand-pet-dogs-killed-meat-country-hit-food-shortages.html

LongTermGuy
08-18-2020, 12:38 AM
In tough times (SHTF) ****REPEAT>> (SHTF)...

>>>I heard dumb ass Leftist..Antifa...and BLM fools would be easy pickens...)..easy to spot...Plenty of them....shoot em & cook em...

We gotta eat....or we die....Id rather live for a good cause....:dev3:

BTW...
*Leave the good..innocent... animals alone....................

SassyLady
08-18-2020, 12:02 PM
I would never eat my dog. I'm old enough that I don't need to go to that extreme to stay alive. If things are that bad around here it's time to use that last bullet.

Kathianne
08-18-2020, 12:27 PM
Related:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/salgilbertie/2020/07/28/china-food-crisis-rising-domestic-prices-and-large-import-purchases-send-a-signal/#6aeb3bbd1bcb

Jul 28, 2020,05:34pm EDT
China Food Crisis? Rising Domestic Prices And Large Import Purchases Send A Signal
Sal Gilbertie

Rising demand, floods, insect infestations, and rumors of spoiled inventories are all contributing to China’s developing food related woes.

China has a food problem. To a nation whose leaders are old enough to have been directly impacted by The Great Famine, the seriousness of food shortages cannot be overestimated. China’s burgeoning population, growing industrial economy, and expanding culture of consumerism are all contributing to a steady rise in demand for agricultural products.

But agricultural production, lest anyone forget, is subject to the biblical forces of floods, fire, pestilence, and a host of other variables, some of which are right now upsetting China’s delicate food stability. The world’s most populous nation will certainly not run out of food, but prices are rising and hints of tightening supplies are beginning to appear. Things may get worse before they get better.

Three headline issues are challenging China right now: floods, pestilence, and inventory problems.

Flooding Threatens Rice, Wheat, and Other Crops

Above average rainfall and rising floodwaters are not just threatening to compromise China’s gargantuan Three Gorges Dam; rain and flooding are already disrupting rice, wheat and other crop production in the provinces all along the entire Yangtze River.

Perhaps this is why China, which holds just over half of the world’s wheat inventories and is the globe’s second largest producer of wheat (behind the European Union), has already imported more wheat in the first half of 2020 than it has in the first half of any year in the past decade. In the month of June alone, China’s single month import volume of wheat from all sources was the highest in seven years.