PDA

View Full Version : Goodyear Bans Employees From Wearing ‘All Lives Matter,’ ‘Blue Lives Matter’ or MAGA

jimnyc
08-19-2020, 11:46 AM
I think large companies like this - are likely best off just shutting the F up and staying out of politics and social issues. They sell tires! Not political advice.

But they took a huge bite of a stance here, and are taking a chance on offending half of their customers.

---

Goodyear Bans Employees From Wearing ‘All Lives Matter,’ ‘Blue Lives Matter’ or MAGA Slogans, But Says Black Lives Matter is Allowed

https://i.imgur.com/d3yMJv2.png

A slide has leaked from a Goodyear diversity training which brands “Blue Lives Matter,” “All Lives Matter” and “MAGA” attire “unacceptable,” while deeming Black Lives Matter and LGBT slogans to be “acceptable.”
The leaked slide is of their “zero tolerance” policy towards support for police or conservative values.

According to a report from WIBW, the person who took the photo of the slide said that it was presented at a Topeka plant by an area manager and says it came from their corporate office out of Akron, Ohio.

“If someone wants to wear a BLM shirt in here, then cool. I’m not going to get offended about it. But at the same time, if someone’s not going to be able to wear something that is politically based, even in the farthest stretch of the imagination, that’s discriminatory,” the employee told the station under the agreement of anonymity due to fears they could lose their job. “If we’re talking about equality, then it needs to be equality. If not, it’s discrimination.”

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/08/goodyear-bans-employees-wearing-lives-matter-blue-lives-matter-maga-slogans-says-black-lives-matter-allowed/

SassyLady
08-19-2020, 02:15 PM
I think large companies like this - are likely best off just shutting the F up and staying out of politics and social issues. They sell tires! Not political advice.

But they took a huge bite of a stance here, and are taking a chance on offending half of their customers.

---

Goodyear Bans Employees From Wearing ‘All Lives Matter,’ ‘Blue Lives Matter’ or MAGA Slogans, But Says Black Lives Matter is Allowed

A slide has leaked from a Goodyear diversity training which brands “Blue Lives Matter,” “All Lives Matter” and “MAGA” attire “unacceptable,” while deeming Black Lives Matter and LGBT slogans to be “acceptable.”
The leaked slide is of their “zero tolerance” policy towards support for police or conservative values.

According to a report from WIBW, the person who took the photo of the slide said that it was presented at a Topeka plant by an area manager and says it came from their corporate office out of Akron, Ohio.

“If someone wants to wear a BLM shirt in here, then cool. I’m not going to get offended about it. But at the same time, if someone’s not going to be able to wear something that is politically based, even in the farthest stretch of the imagination, that’s discriminatory,” the employee told the station under the agreement of anonymity due to fears they could lose their job. “If we’re talking about equality, then it needs to be equality. If not, it’s discrimination.”

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/08/goodyear-bans-employees-wearing-lives-matter-blue-lives-matter-maga-slogans-says-black-lives-matter-allowed/

Trump already asked for boycott of Goodyear.

hjmick
08-19-2020, 03:21 PM
In the workplace, none of that should be allowed, both columns. Throw in religious themes as well.

Most companies have policies covering such things... at least every company I have ever worked for.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-19-2020, 05:48 PM
Goodyear will never ever see any of my business again.. -Tyr

Gunny
08-19-2020, 08:13 PM

---

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/08/goodyear-bans-employees-wearing-lives-matter-blue-lives-matter-maga-slogans-says-black-lives-matter-allowed/Yep. Bought my last set of tires from Goodyear (not Goodyear tires though). They just got clicked off the mail list.

icansayit
08-19-2020, 09:05 PM
They BAN ALL OF WHAT THEIR SCREEN SAID. But then, it would hurt the feelings of their employee's who threaten them with RACISM, and GOODYEAR will be sued...By the ACLU...and the ACLU nearly always wins because the Company doesn't want the bad publicity. Or to losefellow RACIST customers.

FakeNewsSux
08-19-2020, 11:44 PM
I wonder what most NASCAR fans think about this since Goodyear provides all of the tires for the cars? First, no fans allowed to attend races, next, all the bullshit surrounding Bubba Wallace and the 'fake noose' and now this?

jimnyc
08-20-2020, 11:19 AM
Looks like some Americans outside of us aren't fond of their stance.

---

Goodyear Stock Plunges After Company Bans Employees From Saying ‘Blue Lives Matter’

Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.’s stock prices plummeted 6% after President Donald Trump called for a boycott of the company for banning “Make America Great Again” hats and “Blue Lives Matter” messages.

Trump on Wednesday wrote on Twitter, where he has 85 million followers, “Don’t buy GOODYEAR TIRES – They announced a BAN ON MAGA HATS. Get better tires for far less! (This is what the Radical Left Democrats do. Two can play the same game, and we have to start playing it now!).”

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/08/goodyear-stock-plunges-company-bans-employees-saying-blue-lives-matter/

Kathianne
08-20-2020, 12:31 PM
Looks like some Americans outside of us aren't fond of their stance.

---

Goodyear Stock Plunges After Company Bans Employees From Saying ‘Blue Lives Matter’

Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.’s stock prices plummeted 6% after President Donald Trump called for a boycott of the company for banning “Make America Great Again” hats and “Blue Lives Matter” messages.

Trump on Wednesday wrote on Twitter, where he has 85 million followers, “Don’t buy GOODYEAR TIRES – They announced a BAN ON MAGA HATS. Get better tires for far less! (This is what the Radical Left Democrats do. Two can play the same game, and we have to start playing it now!).”

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/08/goodyear-stock-plunges-company-bans-employees-saying-blue-lives-matter/

Again, for me I wish Trump would have concentrated on 'All Lives Matter' or better yet, "Blue Lives Matter," instead of his taking the personal route. With that said, it was a bad move on Goodyear's part, they could have said something like, "It wasn't a corporate sponsored slide, we have spoken to the local people involved and there will be corrections to that problem. We apologize to the employees, customers, and anyone else that felt discriminated against. We do NOT want employees voicing or wearing clothing of any sort that is divisive at work."

Gunny
08-20-2020, 06:38 PM
Again, for me I wish Trump would have concentrated on 'All Lives Matter' or better yet, "Blue Lives Matter," instead of his taking the personal route. With that said, it was a bad move on Goodyear's part, they could have said something like, "It wasn't a corporate sponsored slide, we have spoken to the local people involved and there will be corrections to that problem. We apologize to the employees, customers, and anyone else that felt discriminated against. We do NOT want employees voicing or wearing clothing of any sort that is divisive at work."OR ...

Not said anything? This is like the Gillette thing. One sells razors and one sells tires and most EVERYONE needs them. Why open your mouth and alienate ANYONE when it has absolutely NOTHING to do with your business?

Stupid.

Kathianne
08-20-2020, 10:50 PM
OR ...

Not said anything? This is like the Gillette thing. One sells razors and one sells tires and most EVERYONE needs them. Why open your mouth and alienate ANYONE when it has absolutely NOTHING to do with your business?

Stupid.
Well that WAS the corporate buying an ad 'campaign' that was beyond a clunker. This appears to have been a local issue that went national because of social media. Firings may have been a good response, but one never knows how that may have gone in immediate aftermath.

SassyLady
08-20-2020, 11:30 PM
Well that WAS the corporate buying an ad 'campaign' that was beyond a clunker. This appears to have been a local issue that went national because of social media. Firings may have been a good response, but one never knows how that may have gone in immediate aftermath.
I like firing idea.