PDA

View Full Version : Steve Bannon is screwed

jimnyc
08-20-2020, 10:57 AM
What an effing idiot. Zero sympathy for him if he was ripping people off. Enjoy prison! Lots of people felt strongly about this issue. So if they donated hard earned money for what they felt was right, and he stole that somehow - then I hope he ends up in prison.

--

Former Trump advisor Steve Bannon arrested on fraud charges in border wall fundraising scheme

Former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon was arrested on charges of defrauding hundreds of thousands of donors through his “We Build the Wall” fundraising campaign.
Bannon and three others were indicted in a federal investigation in the Southern District of New York.
Prosecutors allege the four defrauded donors by raising “more than $25 million to build a wall along the southern border of the United States,” but some of that money was used for personal gain.

Former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon was arrested Thursday after being charged with defrauding hundreds of thousands of donors through his “We Build the Wall” fundraising campaign.

Bannon and three associates were indicted in a federal investigation in the Southern District of New York. Prosecutors allege the four defrauded donors by raising “more than $25 million to build a wall along the southern border of the United States,” but some of that money was used for personal gain.

The United States Postal Inspection Service assisted in the investigation.

Others in the indictment are Timothy Shea, a 49-year-old from Colorado accused of owning a shell company, Brian Kolfage, a disabled Iraq war veteran, and Andrew Badolato, who according to his own website was a contributor to Breitbart News, the conservative publication Bannon used to run.

The campaign was intended to raise money to help President Donald Trump fulfill a campaign promise to build a border wall. Instead, prosecutors allege that Bannon and his team profited off the arrangement.

Rest - https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/20/former-trump-advisor-steve-bannon-arrested-on-charges-of-defrauding-donors-in-fundraising-scheme.html

Kathianne
08-20-2020, 12:25 PM
What an effing idiot. Zero sympathy for him if he was ripping people off. Enjoy prison! Lots of people felt strongly about this issue. So if they donated hard earned money for what they felt was right, and he stole that somehow - then I hope he ends up in prison.

--

Former Trump advisor Steve Bannon arrested on fraud charges in border wall fundraising scheme

Former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon was arrested on charges of defrauding hundreds of thousands of donors through his “We Build the Wall” fundraising campaign.
Bannon and three others were indicted in a federal investigation in the Southern District of New York.
Prosecutors allege the four defrauded donors by raising “more than $25 million to build a wall along the southern border of the United States,” but some of that money was used for personal gain.

Former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon was arrested Thursday after being charged with defrauding hundreds of thousands of donors through his “We Build the Wall” fundraising campaign.

Bannon and three associates were indicted in a federal investigation in the Southern District of New York. Prosecutors allege the four defrauded donors by raising “more than $25 million to build a wall along the southern border of the United States,” but some of that money was used for personal gain.

The United States Postal Inspection Service assisted in the investigation.

Others in the indictment are Timothy Shea, a 49-year-old from Colorado accused of owning a shell company, Brian Kolfage, a disabled Iraq war veteran, and Andrew Badolato, who according to his own website was a contributor to Breitbart News, the conservative publication Bannon used to run.

The campaign was intended to raise money to help President Donald Trump fulfill a campaign promise to build a border wall. Instead, prosecutors allege that Bannon and his team profited off the arrangement.

Rest - https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/20/former-trump-advisor-steve-bannon-arrested-on-charges-of-defrauding-donors-in-fundraising-scheme.html

It's interesting the timing of the arrests, right as the Democrats are holding a convention with falling ratings. With that observation, I do think they deserve jail time if guilty.

Seems there was some Clint Eastwood fan that was very big on folks giving money to this 'cause.'

jimnyc
08-20-2020, 12:29 PM
It's interesting the timing of the arrests, right as the Democrats are holding a convention with falling ratings. With that observation, I do think they deserve jail time if guilty.

Seems there was some Clint Eastwood fan that was very big on folks giving money to this 'cause.'

I don't/can't dispute the charges. Hell, I don't know anything really about it yet. But IF legit and all on the books, he deserves prison. I liked him a lot, but I'm more about law and order and not ripping people off.

But yeah, during the Dem convention, just prior to the Rep convention - an argument can certainly be made for the timing!

And yeah, this convention is horrid, so not surprised with the ratings. Kamala's speech, was weird. And then her and Joe acting as if the crowd was in fact there, and waving and acting as if they are pausing for cheers. Odd.

Gunny
08-20-2020, 06:45 PM
What was he fired by the Trump Admin for? Just questioning because we already know the Dems/MSM are going to try and tie it to Trump himself.

pete311
08-21-2020, 07:51 AM
Didn't some of you donate to this cause? Guess it went to Bannon's belly instead.

pete311
08-21-2020, 07:53 AM
What was he fired by the Trump Admin for? Just questioning because we already know the Dems/MSM are going to try and tie it to Trump himself.

Trump blessed the project, according to Kris Kobach
https://twitter.com/mkultranews/status/1296546426885828609

SassyLady
08-21-2020, 11:39 AM
Trump blessed the project, according to Kris Kobach
https://twitter.com/mkultranews/status/1296546426885828609

Obama blessed Fast and Furious.
Obama blessed Pigford
Obama blessed Solyndra
Obama blessed VA Death List
Obama blessed Iran Nuckear Deal

Shall I go on?

OBTW, your current presidential candidate also blessed these scandalous deals.

NightTrain
08-21-2020, 11:57 AM
Interesting. I donated to that Build The Wall outfit... think it was 100, maybe 200.

Well, if it's true that Bannon was scamming, then off to jail with him.

But I think I'll wait until the story is fully developed before passing judgement. It's an election year and this smells like another bogus democrat run bullshit scheme to smear.

jimnyc
08-21-2020, 12:59 PM
Didn't some of you donate to this cause? Guess it went to Bannon's belly instead.

Doesn't matter - it's what one does when stuff like this happens. Hold them accountable. UNLIKE what you do with ANY democrats that endlessly commit wrongdoing.