PDA

View Full Version : Pelosi says there shouldn't be any debates between Biden and Trump

jimnyc
08-27-2020, 11:54 AM
Said they would try to minimize and get out of ALL debates if they could. Saw it coming a mile away.

I am likely the dumbest person on DP, so not tooting any horn. Just that the left is THAT predictable. Their lies are predictable, as is their hypocrisy.

And shouldn't legitimize? A debate against the sitting president of the USA. Something that's been done, since when, the 1950's?

If she were to truly feel that "truth, evidence, data and facts" are his downfall - then debate that much more and expose him on stage. Oh, nevermind.

Every single and last thing she sits back and accuses him of - are the exact damned things that she has been doing for 4 years.

So yeah, they know he has a 'polling advantage' - and they also know he will get destroyed in any debate with Trump AND possibly have his cognitive abilities falter in front of the nation. - and they believe that America doesn't deserve to see them go head to head, and answer the same questions and let Americans know where they stand. Instead - this shit, which I called, as it may be the only chance Biden has.

---

Pelosi says there shouldn't be any debates between Biden and Trump

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Thursday she doesn’t think there should be any presidential debates ahead of the November election, arguing Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden shouldn't "legitimize" a discussion with President Trump.

“I don’t think that there should be any debates,” Pelosi told reporters. “I do not think that the president of the United States has comported himself in a way that anybody has any association with truth, evidence, data and facts.”

“I wouldn’t legitimize a conversation with him nor a debate in terms of the presidency of the United States,” she added.

“I think that he’ll probably act in a way that is beneath the dignity of the presidency,” she said, citing what she called his “disgraceful” actions during the 2016 debates with Hillary Clinton.

“He does that every day,” she added. “But I think he will also belittle what the debates are supposed to be about.”

Instead, Pelosi proposed that the candidates take separate stages and answer questions about their policies in a “conversation with the American people” instead of “an exercise in skulduggery.”

But she acknowledged that the Biden campaign “thinks in a different way about this.”

The House Speaker's remarks come as some within the Democratic Party have said Biden shouldn't participate in debates with Trump, pointing to the polling advantage Biden has over the president.

Rest - https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/513944-pelosi-says-there-shouldnt-be-presidential-debates-in-2020

Gunny
08-27-2020, 04:41 PM
1960. JFK and Nixon.

I'm fine with the Dem's doing exactly what I have called for since Ronald Reagan left office. Republicans have done nothing but make themselves look bad since. Why anyone thinks just because Joe's a dope it's going to make a difference beats me. Has it made a difference so far? Has ANYTHING made a difference to the MSM, Dems and left so far?

The Dems pussing out is the best anyone on the right can hope for. It keeps Trump off a live mike. It puts Joe front and center again for the obvious reason even the dumbest of dumb know. Dems/Biden lose be capitulation. Pelosi making lame-ass excuse is just icing on the cake.

If the Dems don't just dishonestly steal this election, IMO, it's their's to lose and they're doing it by the numbers. Hope they keep up the good work.

Russ
08-27-2020, 06:25 PM
I have to disagree, Gunny. Joe's in the early stages of dementia and I think there's a good chance he a) calls one of the moderators a "dog-faced pony soldier", whatever that is b) has a hard time completing his sentences c) uses the word "thingee" a lot d) has an accident in his pants or e) claims again that his family worked in the mines of northeast Pennsylvania or that he graduated in the top half of his class.

I'm sure his handlers will be pumping him full of aderol just before the debate, but I'd still bet he will mess up. He's really verging on the point of village idiot already.

Gunny
08-27-2020, 06:40 PM
I have to disagree, Gunny. Joe's in the early stages of dementia and I think there's a good chance he a) calls one of the moderators a "dog-faced pony soldier", whatever that is b) has a hard time completing his sentences c) uses the word "thingee" a lot d) has an accident in his pants or e) claims again that his family worked in the mines of northeast Pennsylvania or that he graduated in the top half of his class.

I'm sure his handlers will be pumping him full of aderol just before the debate, but I'd still bet he will mess up. He's really verging on the point of village idiot already.I don't care if he's a straight up MS guy in a wheelchair. That doesn't help the GOP nor stop it from screwing itself.

IF the GOP would use the opportunity to sell itself and take advantage, I wouldn't give it another thought. They don't and never have. They've been screwing themselves in the debates since Nixon JFK, with the exception of Reagan who was a trained and accomplished actor.

aboutime
08-27-2020, 07:06 PM
JOE has to drop out due to obvious mental illness, and Harris must be destroyed by Trump AT A DEBATE.
She's as much of a liar, and idiot as Joe is. Both have cheated, lied, and broken laws that cut close to dishonoring their OATH's in everything they have done.
Of course. The DNC won't allow Joe to drop out. He's their TROJAN horse candidate...standing in for about a DOZEN others just waiting to be APPOINTED by Donna Brazile...the MasterCheater and Hypocrite for FOX.

Gunny
08-27-2020, 08:13 PM
JOE has to drop out due to obvious mental illness, and Harris must be destroyed by Trump AT A DEBATE.
She's as much of a liar, and idiot as Joe is. Both have cheated, lied, and broken laws that cut close to dishonoring their OATH's in everything they have done.
Of course. The DNC won't allow Joe to drop out. He's their TROJAN horse candidate...standing in for about a DOZEN others just waiting to be APPOINTED by Donna Brazile...the MasterCheater and Hypocrite for FOX.

The Dems are probably more afraid of Trump getting a hold of Harris than they are him getting hold of Biden. They're going to duck it, making stupid excuses like Pelosi's. Did you think you would ever see the day the Speaker of House, opposition or not, would speak of the President the way she does? Back in the day, you couldn't have convinced me even the Dems lacked that much class and/or tact, or that even her peers would tolerate such trashy behavior.

Let's be real though. This is just stupid. Everybody knows who they're ducking a debate and the Dems are playing it off straight-faced like nothing more is the matter than "giving Trump credibility":rolleyes: The whole Dem side of this election is a farce, just as the whole Dem party is. I couldn't bring myself to act like they are much less keep a straight face doing it.

Noe of that has anything to do with my opposition to the Republicans having debates. With each other or the Dems. I'm STILL against it.

jimnyc
08-28-2020, 10:23 AM
This is desperately what they want. But I think zero debates would do too much harm. But finding a way to wiggle out of one or 2 of them? And perhaps all of them, that wouldn't surprise me either.

I can also see all the Democrats banding together and complaining about Trump and claiming shit like Pelosi, that there's no need for it due to what Trump would do - never mind that what they say would help Biden.

---

‘Zero Percent Chance’ That Biden Does 3 Debates: Laura Ingraham Says There Will Always Be An Excuse

Fox News host Laura Ingraham said Thursday that she doesn’t believe that Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden will participate in the three planned debates.

Ingraham checked in with fellow Fox News host and Daily Caller cofounder Tucker Carlson just ahead of the last night of the Republican National Convention, and she responded to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s call for Biden to skip the debates altogether.

“Back in March when COVID, you know, really broke, everything was shut down, pretty much middle of March, I said they’re going to use this pandemic to try and coast Biden to election in November with no debates, no real hostile interviews from the press, no real campaigning,” Ingraham explained.

She went on to note that Carlson had espoused a similar view, saying often that the left “doesn’t want to debate.”

“I think that’s fallen apart over the last few weeks with the increasing violence,” Ingraham continued. “But that was their strategy. They know that Joe Biden can’t stand on a stage with Donald Trump for five minutes let alone 90 minutes.”

Carlson asked whether Ingraham believed that Biden would be ready to participate in debate in the coming weeks, and she didn’t hesitate for a second before replying, “Zero, zero percent chance that he does three debates. I don’t think he debates. I think there’s always going to be an excuse for Joe Biden, staying in the basement, doing some friendly interviews, where he can have notes in front of him. Getting direction from whoever it is that’s talking in his ear.”

https://dailycaller.com/2020/08/27/zero-percent-chance-biden-debates-laura-ingraham-tucker-carlson/

Gunny
08-28-2020, 07:39 PM
The Dems aren't going to put him out there unless they can control it like they have his press briefings. No questions.

Honestly, with a successful RNC and Trump sort of on a roll, I would just as soon not put him in front of a live mike. We all know he could own Biden in 5 minutes. I'd say most anyone could. Like a reporter asking him the wrong question :laugh:

This is not the time for Trump to blow himself up with his mouth.