PDA

View Full Version : Teen charged in Kenosha killings, Kyle Rittenhouse, praised police

jimnyc
08-27-2020, 03:18 PM
The MSM immediately jumped all over this and are all jumping on it telling everyone that it's gonna be a problem for the Trump campaign. WTF? And why?

This kid is an idiotic scumbag. And hopefully he'll be in prison for a long long time to reflect just that.

But look how quick the MSM tries to tie it to Trump - again it'll be his fault, everything is.

So this kid praised the police and supported them through all of this, as many have, including myself. And I also support the blue lives matter as well, ensuring the police know many still respect and support them. But additionally, I respect black lives mattering as well. It IS possible.

But then the real crimes started - he supported Trump over Biden for the 2020 election, and apparently went to a rally of his in Des Moines. Well, that settles it right there, Trump must have told him at the rally to become a vigilante. :rolleyes:

This is horseshit again. And no dang different if some cuckoo out there shot someone and was anti-police or a Biden supporter. In fact, I'm confident that at many of these riots around the nation, those committing violence are anti-police. That's a little more than obvious. I can't speak for Biden supporters, but almost all leftist of some variety. And Biden doesn't have a damn thing to do with their criminal choices.

---

Teen charged in Kenosha killings, Kyle Rittenhouse, praised police

The arrest of a teenager on charges of killing two people amid clashes in this city over the police shooting of a Black man has stoked the nation's culture wars yet again and presented an incendiary challenge to President Trump's reelection campaign.

Kyle Rittenhouse, 17, a white youth who has often praised police, is charged with homicide in what officials described as a vigilante act that resulted in three protesters being shot, two fatally, late Tuesday night. After the incident, onlookers alerted police that Rittenhouse — who was underage and not allowed to openly carry a weapon — was roaming the street with a semiautomatic rifle slung around his neck.

Since his arrest Wednesday across the border in Antioch, Ill., details have emerged that Rittenhouse posted to social media in support of the pro-police Blue Lives Matter movement. He spoke to reporters before the shooting about being a self-styled citizen patrol who came to Kenosha to protect businesses from vandalism.

He appears in photos at a Trump rally this year in Des Moines. A TikTok video from the account @kylerittenhouse33, first reported by BuzzFeed and later deleted, appeared to show Rittenhouse's recording from the rally. The account had the bio of "BLUE LIVES MATTER” and “Trump 2020."

Rittenhouse's alleged actions coincide with this week's Republican National Convention, where the president's campaign promise of "law and order" is a dominating theme. Speakers this week have warned about "crime, violence, mob rule" and spiraling "chaos and violence into our communities."

Those warnings were largely directed at nationwide protests that erupted after the death at police hands of George Floyd nearly three months ago in Minneapolis. Trump has portrayed liberal cities as overrun with anti-police liberals bent on violence. Rittenhouse complicates that story even as it springs out of demonstrations against another episode of alleged police brutality and racial injustice.

Jacob Blake, the 29-year-old Black man Kenosha police shot on Sunday — seven times in the back as he tried to enter an SUV where his three children sat — lay paralyzed in the hospital as the city entered a fourth night of unrest, with authorities saying Wednesday that he had a knife in his car but no gun. The incident happened when police responded to a domestic dispute.

Late Wednesday, the Trump campaign released a statement on the shooting in which Rittenhouse is charged.

"President Trump has repeatedly and consistently condemned all forms of violence and believes we must protect all Americans from chaos and lawlessness," said campaign spokesman Tim Murtaugh. "This individual had nothing to do with our campaign and we fully support our fantastic law enforcement for their swift action in this case.”

Officials in Kenosha, a majority-white city of 100,000, said that they were unprepared and unaccustomed to consecutive nights of up to 1,000 people protesting, some of which turned violent and left businesses burned and charred in Kenosha's Uptown business district.

Democratic Gov. Tony Evers accepted the president's offer to send members of the National Guard and federal law enforcement to the city after initially rejecting it. The governor said the troops would reinforce the Wisconsin National Guard and local police who patrolled downtown streets. Roads have been barricaded, and the county courthouse, the main site of demonstration clashes, is surrounded by a fence.

Democrats have accused the president of instigating violence by dispatching federal forces to cities experiencing unrest, such as Portland, Ore., where city officials said they didn't want the troops' presence. One of Trump's tweets in particular this summer has been singled out. After riots in Minneapolis, he wrote that "when the looting starts, the shooting starts." The phrase harks back to the ’60s, when it was used to describe police crackdowns on Black civil rights activists.

Rest - https://www.yahoo.com/news/kyle-rittenhouse-teen-charged-kenosha-034206711.html

Gunny
08-27-2020, 04:46 PM
Saw this coming. Even said so. Don't be a violent criminal thug out on the street destroying and looting and the odds of getting shot by a vigilante are greatly reduced.

SassyLady
08-28-2020, 10:39 PM
Has same lawyer as Nicholas Sandman. Lawyer said it was self defense. Something about first guy threw something at him after someone else had pepper sprayed kid in face. And then, when kid was running toward police to turn himself in the mob attacked him with skateboard and kick to his head and pointed a gun at him. Video looks like self defense.

Kathianne
08-29-2020, 12:16 AM
Has same lawyer as Nicholas Sandman. Lawyer said it was self defense. Something about first guy threw something at him after someone else had pepper sprayed kid in face. And then, when kid was running toward police to turn himself in the mob attacked him with skateboard and kick to his head and pointed a gun at him. Video looks like self defense.

Vigilantism isn't a good idea, especially a teen that goes to another state to 'protect property' while carrying a long gun. With that said, the attacks on him certainly do look like he will not eventually end up with intentional first degree murder.

I'm waiting for facts, something that isn't happening lately, violence now, think later.

SassyLady
08-29-2020, 04:24 AM
Vigilantism isn't a good idea, especially a teen that goes to another state to 'protect property' while carrying a long gun. With that said, the attacks on him certainly do look like he will not eventually end up with intentional first degree murder.

I'm waiting for facts, something that isn't happening lately, violence now, think later.

Yeah, the coming from another state is like driving from Casa Grande to Phoenix I think. Not that far. About 20 miles.

Heard someone on Carlson tonight say he heard gunshot in the area and saw first victim of shooting try to grab Rittenhouse gun and in the scuffle the guy got shot. Then Rittenhouse called 911 and started running to police to tell them he shot someone. Everything I'm hearing is first victim instigated the situation. From there the kid was running to police to get help, turn himself in .....was attacked and shot 2 more in self defense.

Kathianne
08-29-2020, 10:00 AM
Yeah, the coming from another state is like driving from Casa Grande to Phoenix I think. Not that far. About 20 miles.

Heard someone on Carlson tonight say he heard gunshot in the area and saw first victim of shooting try to grab Rittenhouse gun and in the scuffle the guy got shot. Then Rittenhouse called 911 and started running to police to tell them he shot someone. Everything I'm hearing is first victim instigated the situation. From there the kid was running to police to get help, turn himself in .....was attacked and shot 2 more in self defense.

It is only about 25 minutes between Kenosha and Antioch. Doesn't change the fact that he really shouldn't have been there, it didn't go well.

LongTermGuy
08-31-2020, 04:39 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EgxRqCkXYAUMm_I?format=jpg&name=medium
NICK SANDMANN’S ATTORNEY TAKES ON 17-YEAR-OLD KENOSHA SHOOTERS' DEFENSE 'PRO BONO.....

:cool: