PDA

View Full Version : .....Will you miss the NBA?

LongTermGuy
08-27-2020, 07:54 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EgdDwxYXgAAtbjn?format=jpg&name=small

LongTermGuy
08-27-2020, 08:00 PM
....Did I miss LeBron’s outrage tweet for ALL the victims of inner city violence?

Gunny
08-27-2020, 08:19 PM
I haven't missed it since the first time Greg Popovich talked shit about Trump. And I was a die hard San Antonio Spurs fan since they old ABA Dallas Chaparral days.

Pop led the Spurs to 5 titles in 10 years. Small market teams get no love. As a basketball coach of my team, I couldn't be happier. When he chose to use the team as his venue to spout off on politics, he lost a fan for the team and the NBA.

Question is, since all the major sports minus hockey so far have decided to go with the flow, what are the fans going to do? I hope enough blackball them all that it hurts, It won't kill them. Too many airheads will turn on anything pro football, basketball or baseball and bubble in front of the TV all day.

I got better things to do.

SassyLady
08-27-2020, 11:57 PM
:rolleyes3::rolleyes3::rolleyes3:

KarlMarx
08-28-2020, 05:58 AM
I'm not a sports person, so I don't know a home run from a hat trick. When COVID-19 hit, I did miss the fact that there was no sports.

But, to watch, and have to listen to, a bunch of black prima donnas posing as basket ball players (a.k.a LaBron James) complaining about how racist this country is, about white privilege, and how there is systemic racism. Then, when they get pissed about something, they walk off the job.... don't expect me to feel sorry for them.

How many times have we had something happen to us and we showed up for work? If it's good enough for us, it's good enough for La Bron James

Those bastards each make more in a season that 100 people put together make in a decade.

Frankly, I think the NBA should do to these spoiled multi millionaire cry babies and fire their asses. Just like Reagan did with the Air Traffic Controllers back in 1982. Ban them from sports for the rest of their miserable lives... they'll have to find work while living in their mansions.

Replace them with other people that can play decent ball and are dying for a chance at the big time and without the attitude.

If His Royal Highness is so fed up with this country, get a plane ticket and go to Ghana or Cuba... Tahiti, I don't care.. anywhere but here and a place where we don't have to hear his insufferable Black Lives Matter Social Justice Warrior bullshit.

It's people like La Bron James and Colin Kapernik that makes me glad that I don't have to depend on sports to entertain me.

aboutime
08-28-2020, 05:32 PM
Since I was in the 7th grade and scored for the OTHER team by accident.

I have NEVER watched basketball...EVER again! Also. During that game. I jumped and came down on another kid's Knee.

Three years later, when I could no longer stand the pain. (November 22, 1963 JFK assassinated)

The doctor removed my TAIL BONE (called the COCCYX) with that ALL BASKETBALL was over.

Gunny
08-28-2020, 06:44 PM
I'm not a sports person, so I don't know a home run from a hat trick. When COVID-19 hit, I did miss the fact that there was no sports.

But, to watch, and have to listen to, a bunch of black prima donnas posing as basket ball players (a.k.a LaBron James) complaining about how racist this country is, about white privilege, and how there is systemic racism. Then, when they get pissed about something, they walk off the job.... don't expect me to feel sorry for them.

How many times have we had something happen to us and we showed up for work? If it's good enough for us, it's good enough for La Bron James

Those bastards each make more in a season that 100 people put together make in a decade.

Frankly, I think the NBA should do to these spoiled multi millionaire cry babies and fire their asses. Just like Reagan did with the Air Traffic Controllers back in 1982. Ban them from sports for the rest of their miserable lives... they'll have to find work while living in their mansions.

Replace them with other people that can play decent ball and are dying for a chance at the big time and without the attitude.

If His Royal Highness is so fed up with this country, get a plane ticket and go to Ghana or Cuba... Tahiti, I don't care.. anywhere but here and a place where we don't have to hear his insufferable Black Lives Matter Social Justice Warrior bullshit.

It's people like La Bron James and Colin Kapernik that makes me glad that I don't have to depend on sports to entertain me.Posing is right. Like the NFL, the NBA has veered WAY off course with the rules to "make the game exciting". Too bad they can't put as much effort into better officiating to make the games FAIR.

I played basket mostly non-stop from 7th grade until the day I retired from the Marine Corps. Pro's would last until halftime without fouling out and if they tried getting rough with a bunch of Marine basketball players? Luck with THAT.

Being able to dunk a ball is a singular skill. All us little white guys had to learn the fundamentals, the plays and how to shoot and actually handle a ball without traveling.

As I stated in the other, like thread, stay home. I don't care what color the players are. I'm watching a game, not a race.

Leave that multi-million dollar check at the door and just go home. I won't miss you.

Black Diamond
08-28-2020, 06:49 PM
No I haven't watched since pistons Lakers finals in 2004. After that series they made it pretty much illegal to play defense. It paved the way for LeBron. Easy to call him the greatest when the defense pretty much stands there hoping he misses the shot.

Black Diamond
08-28-2020, 06:58 PM
Meanwhile Jordan and bird had how many years of Bill Laimbeer and Ricky Mahorn...

Gunny
08-28-2020, 07:23 PM
Since I was in the 7th grade and scored for the OTHER team by accident.

I have NEVER watched basketball...EVER again! Also. During that game. I jumped and came down on another kid's Knee.

Three years later, when I could no longer stand the pain. (November 22, 1963 JFK assassinated)

The doctor removed my TAIL BONE (called the COCCYX) with that ALL BASKETBALL was over.:)

SassyLady
08-28-2020, 08:00 PM
Conservative Hodge Twins on NBA boycott

https://youtu.be/zaToaXfcAHY

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-28-2020, 08:24 PM
Conservative Hodge Twins on NBA boycott

https://youtu.be/zaToaXfcAHY

They nail it with every video they do.
Nothing like the cold hard TRUTH to smash the lies being told by the usual suspects, the usual blinded and totally biased ignorant people and self-serving entities.
"WOKE", these idiots call themselves!
What ffing utter rot.....--Tyr

SassyLady
08-28-2020, 10:10 PM
Hodge Twins on LaBron James

https://youtu.be/FQIUB9-gkIY

Gunny
08-29-2020, 10:18 AM
No I haven't watched since pistons Lakers finals in 2004. After that series they made it pretty much illegal to play defense. It paved the way for LeBron. Easy to call him the greatest when the defense pretty much stands there hoping he misses the shot.

Meanwhile Jordan and bird had how many years of Bill Laimbeer and Ricky Mahorn...Or :poke: David Robinson having to deal with the Lakers knocking him around like a pinball. How about having to deal with Karl Malone? The Lakers, Suns and Jazz ALL used knocking Robinson around as a tactic because he was a not physical, finesse player. That is also the reason why the Spurs were only good and threatening the Finals when they had another big man with Robinson.

I digress :)

I have zero respect for Lebron James. 3 titles? He should have 10. Too bad he thinks he's the show. Ask Jordan how that worked scoring 50+ and losing before they built a team around him. Or Shaq or Kobe or Dr J (list goes on). One player can get you almost there. LeBron needs a t-shirt that says that.

As the Hodge Twins point out, he's just stupid and should shut up. I don't recall Michael Jordan's politics. Oh yeah. He wanted titles. Good luck guessing David Robinson's. And minus a complete personality makeover for LeBron, Jordan will ALWAYS be head and shoulders better.

reason10
08-30-2020, 09:03 AM
What REALLY bothers me about this is the fact that the NBA was more than just sand lot basketball. It was a thriving, almost Fortune 500 business. It advanced a LOT of prosperity, besides just making a bunch of spoiled rotten entitled jocks rich. A lot of good hard workers profited off this league.

And it is being brought down by the WORSE racism of all time.