PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts On The RNC Convention?

Kathianne
08-27-2020, 11:01 PM
I watched much of both conventions. Without a doubt, the most positive and goal orientated was the RNC. I must say I lol'd at the fireworks, "Trump 2020!" Twice. ;)

SassyLady
08-27-2020, 11:54 PM
I watched much of both conventions. Without a doubt, the most positive and goal orientated was the RNC. I must say I lol'd at the fireworks, "Trump 2020!" Twice. ;)

Ditto.
:saluting2:

jimnyc
08-28-2020, 10:02 AM
I enjoyed it. And the fireworks! And more so watching the left in hollywood lose their minds last night!!

Russ
08-28-2020, 07:20 PM
I only saw portions of the convention, but I saw two speakers that I considered very compelling. First was David Cameron, the AG of Kentucky. He spoke so well, and so convincingly, that he not only sounded impressive but he made me think he could be running for higher office in a couple of years. Second was Clarence Henderson, who apparently has similar 60's-civil-rights credentials to John Lewis but didn't use those credentials to become a sour, self-righteous, long-time Dem Representative. He spoke eloquently and from the heart, and was just as good as Cameron but won't be running for office.

Anyone else have an opinion on these guys?

aboutime
08-28-2020, 07:28 PM
http://icansayit.com/trumpfireworks.png

Gunny
08-28-2020, 07:29 PM
I only saw portions of the convention, but I saw two speakers that I considered very compelling. First was David Cameron, the AG of Kentucky. He spoke so well, and so convincingly, that he not only sounded impressive but he made me think he could be running for higher office in a couple of years. Second was Clarence Henderson, who apparently has similar 60's-civil-rights credentials to John Lewis but didn't use those credentials to become a sour, self-righteous, long-time Dem Representative. He spoke eloquently and from the heart, and was just as good as Cameron but won't be running for office.

Anyone else have an opinion on these guys?Your opinion of Cameron is apparently a universal one.

I didn't watch and my takeaway getting bits and pieces and second-hand stuff is that the RNC was positive, without rolling out the same, boring old guys; while conversely, the DNC was completely negative and without direction.

I'd say the left's waterworks and negativity toward the RNC also vouches for its success. Now they just have to keep that ball rolling without allowing another leftwingnut, fearmongering hijack which we know is going to be at least attempted.