PDA

View Full Version : 6 Minnesota democrat mayors endorse Trump

jimnyc
08-29-2020, 11:08 AM
IMO - probably partly due to watching the state fall apart and the leading dems helping that happen.

--

Minnesota Democrat Mayors Endorse Donald Trump: Biden Did ‘Nothing’ for Working Class

DULUTH, Minnesota — Six Democrat Minnesota mayors endorsed President Donald Trump over former Vice President Joe Biden on Friday, asserting that Trump has improved the lives of Minnesotans, while Biden has moved too far to the left.

At a campaign rally for Trump’s reelection, Minnesota Iron Range mayors — Virginia Mayor Larry Cuffe, Chisholm Mayor John Champa, Ely Mayor Chuck Novak, Two Harbors Mayor Chris Swanson, Eveleth Mayor Robert Vlaisavljevich, and Babbitt Mayor Andrea Zupancich — endorsed Trump and Vice President Mike Pence for a second term in office.

The Democrat mayors charged that Minnesota had remained a Democrat stronghold for decades; however, they noted that Biden had done “nothing” for the working class as jobs left the Iron Range. The Minnesota Democrat mayors wrote:

Like many in our region, we have voted for Democrats over many decades. We have watched as our constituents’ jobs left not only the Iron Range, but our country. By putting tariffs on our products and supporting bad trade deals, politicians like Joe Biden did nothing to help the working class. We lost thousands of jobs, and generations of young people have left the Iron Range in order to provide for their families with good paying jobs elsewhere. Today, we don’t recognize the Democratic Party. It has been moved so far to the left it can no longer claim to be advocates of the working class. The hard-working Minnesotans that built their lives and supported their families here on the Range have been abandoned by radical Democrats. We didn’t choose to leave the Democratic Party, the party left us.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/08/29/minnesota-democrat-mayors-endorse-donald-trump-biden-did-nothing-working-class/

Kathianne
08-29-2020, 11:14 AM
IMO - probably partly due to watching the state fall apart and the leading dems helping that happen.

--

Minnesota Democrat Mayors Endorse Donald Trump: Biden Did ‘Nothing’ for Working Class

DULUTH, Minnesota — Six Democrat Minnesota mayors endorsed President Donald Trump over former Vice President Joe Biden on Friday, asserting that Trump has improved the lives of Minnesotans, while Biden has moved too far to the left.

At a campaign rally for Trump’s reelection, Minnesota Iron Range mayors — Virginia Mayor Larry Cuffe, Chisholm Mayor John Champa, Ely Mayor Chuck Novak, Two Harbors Mayor Chris Swanson, Eveleth Mayor Robert Vlaisavljevich, and Babbitt Mayor Andrea Zupancich — endorsed Trump and Vice President Mike Pence for a second term in office.

The Democrat mayors charged that Minnesota had remained a Democrat stronghold for decades; however, they noted that Biden had done “nothing” for the working class as jobs left the Iron Range. The Minnesota Democrat mayors wrote:

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/08/29/minnesota-democrat-mayors-endorse-donald-trump-biden-did-nothing-working-class/

One of the policies followed by Trump that I've liked, regardless of the man. I do think character matters, at least the conviction that one puts out the impression that it matters. The problem in 2016 was that Hillary could not argue 'character,' any more than Trump. One could easily build a similar case against good character on Biden. So it comes to actions.

jimnyc
08-29-2020, 11:55 AM
One of the policies followed by Trump that I've liked, regardless of the man. I do think character matters, at least the conviction that one puts out the impression that it matters. The problem in 2016 was that Hillary could not argue 'character,' any more than Trump. One could easily build a similar case against good character on Biden. So it comes to actions.

I look at him like this - He's a New York loudmouth asshole tough guy, through and through - just like me. :)

But I always say look at his family, and not a single drinker or smoker or criminal. Cocky, proud & loud? Yes.

But there are tons and tons and tons of stories out there about the goodness of the man and his true character behind the scenes. His hard work ethics & his loyalty to his friends. And then so many stories of how he used his wealth to help the unfortunate. Probably the best was helping a sick patient using his plane. And his generous side is rarely shown. But I'm to understand , that to folks that work for him, his loyal friends and folks he has known for a long time - he is quite generous, never forgets, will help them or with them - and that was black and white folks.

But then it was all forgotten when he came down that escalator, and decided to discuss illegal immigration, and mentions that folks coming from Mexico are not all their best. And then onto so much more. Then investigations... never mind, we all know.

Now I know he's still cocky and arrogant. I know he still wants to display that tough NY, I can do anything I want image, and apparently speak his mind at those who cross him - ummmmm..... in a way we aren't quite used to. LOL He's a jerk sometimes, an asshole, a mean guy and doesn't take shit.

But for me, who grew up with a Mom that LOVED him, and wanted to marry either Elvis or Trump - and felt she had a better chance with Trump! Sure Mom!! But she bough books, which I end up reading. She would forever talk about him, and I had little choice but to listen. And back in the 80's and what not, things were different. And while he was already in the tabloids and involved in controversies - I knew of the character underneath from others even back then, from reading those books.

Not saying it's all an act. Nope, he IS an arrogant asshole. But I do think he's a good decent man underneath it all.

I DO believe he truly loves America. He spoke of that back in the 80's too. And spoke of the crappy media back then too.

Ok, that was my shitty case of explaining why I think an asshole is actually a person of character. Mostly. :)

Kathianne
08-29-2020, 12:02 PM
I look at him like this - He's a New York loudmouth asshole tough guy, through and through - just like me. :)

But I always say look at his family, and not a single drinker or smoker or criminal. Cocky, proud & loud? Yes.

But there are tons and tons and tons of stories out there about the goodness of the man and his true character behind the scenes. His hard work ethics & his loyalty to his friends. And then so many stories of how he used his wealth to help the unfortunate. Probably the best was helping a sick patient using his plane. And his generous side is rarely shown. But I'm to understand , that to folks that work for him, his loyal friends and folks he has known for a long time - he is quite generous, never forgets, will help them or with them - and that was black and white folks.

But then it was all forgotten when he came down that escalator, and decided to discuss illegal immigration, and mentions that folks coming from Mexico are not all their best. And then onto so much more. Then investigations... never mind, we all know.

Now I know he's still cocky and arrogant. I know he still wants to display that tough NY, I can do anything I want image, and apparently speak his mind at those who cross him - ummmmm..... in a way we aren't quite used to. LOL He's a jerk sometimes, an asshole, a mean guy and doesn't take shit.

But for me, who grew up with a Mom that LOVED him, and wanted to marry either Elvis or Trump - and felt she had a better chance with Trump! Sure Mom!! But she bough books, which I end up reading. She would forever talk about him, and I had little choice but to listen. And back in the 80's and what not, things were different. And while he was already in the tabloids and involved in controversies - I knew of the character underneath from others even back then, from reading those books.

Not saying it's all an act. Nope, he IS an arrogant asshole. But I do think he's a good decent man underneath it all.

I DO believe he truly loves America. He spoke of that back in the 80's too. And spoke of the crappy media back then too.

Ok, that was my shitty case of explaining why I think an asshole is actually a person of character. Mostly. :)
I remember all the stories of the good things he's done. I also remember the not so good-which he shrugged off. Regardless, not worth repeating the stories, I think both are true. No one is without complexity. He's just moreso than most.

LongTermGuy
08-31-2020, 04:10 PM

"Common..baby..Ya know you love me ..even just a little bit"https://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/RTX38LKB-e1566993279852.jpg
:laugh: